Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137643 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Sinking Feeling
« Reply #765 on: April 01, 2017, 05:54:08 pm »

Take a quick look at that white powder. How should it be used, and what effect would it have? Nevermind, rather than being told Verne prefers to snort it to find out. Who am I to deny him such scientific endeavors? Maybe send me this info in a pm, if you can be bothered. Or don't, doesn't matter that much right now.

Do however still take a look at the black goo inside the precious baby worm, what did it do?

Then dive down all sneaky like to where Muffin is and take a sneak peek behind the important looking door he couldn't pass.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 05:14:53 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 01, 2017, 06:27:17 pm »

"Jackpot"

Check out the trophies. Look for interesting/useful tools/clothing and weapons (pay extra attention for blast weapons). Also keep an eye out for anything (including body parts) which have rare/hard to find build propreties.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 01, 2017, 11:42:41 pm »

Begin searching the ship for scrap metal suited for structural, and something containing. What's a wire's transmitting values?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 02, 2017, 09:03:41 am »

Idly follow Engi around.  Don't help or anything, just watch him.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 02, 2017, 11:49:10 am »

Go to the worm and draw my pistol, ready to spring into action if anything fishy goes down.

What would be required to make a gauntlet out of the mole claws?

"Could somebody build these claws into a gauntlet for me? I've the feeling it'd be more effective then this void damned knife."
Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 02, 2017, 01:02:07 pm »

Verne suspects a deep ascetic of looking at the powder.

"Hands off, you bloody mystics. A fellow's trying to do empirical science here!"
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #771 on: April 03, 2017, 02:50:13 pm »

FIRE THE CANNON LOADED WITH BONE MARROW ASH AT THE DUMMY AND COUNT THE DAMAGE NUMBERS.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)
Well, I'd assume that if it were really a cannon it would do damage similar to the cannon in our game docs.

Taste a little powder. Very little. Snort a bit too. Small amounts, spitting out afterwards.

Try guessing the tags on it. Expose trace amounts to
a) Flame
b) Skin
c) Water
d) Blood

"If this stuff is gunpowder, it's mine. If it's some kind of weird deep tool or something, someone else can have it. Drugs will be shared."

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)

You snort a bit and taste a bit, doing your best to get the fine powder back out of your mouth and nose afterwards.

Then you expose it to things. Fire and water do nothing special, but blood coagulates and skin begins to blister after a few minutes. It is about this time that your nose and gums start to bleed and you start feeling quite ill.

Open the final chest while waiting for the worm to wake up.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)

Inside the last chest is...hmm. It looks like the lower 60% of a scorpion. Its a slightly curved slab of carapace with 4 legs sticking out of it. It looks about the right size to be mounted on  the arm of one of those starfish creatures, though its too big for a normal human arm. Out of the rear end of it is a stinger on a long tail; the tail lays flat against the carapace but it looks like it could easily strike out and hit something 3 or so feet away .

Take a quick look at that white powder. How should it be used, and what effect would it have? Nevermind, rather than being told Verne prefers to snort it to find out. Who am I to deny him such scientific endeavors? Maybe send me this info in a pm, if you can be bothered. Or don't, doesn't matter that much right now.

Do however still take a look at the black goo inside the precious baby worm, what did it do?

Then dive down all sneaky like to where Muffin is and take a sneak peek behind the important looking door he couldn't pass.

34/95
It appears to have interfaced with the worm's nervous system to some degree. Though the purpose of that integration is not easy to discern.
43/95 Its gonna get more difficult each turn to remain hidden.
Beyond the big door is a large open room, with more than its fair share of bodies. The most interesting part of this room, beyond the fact that the door appears to have been intentionally barricaded, is that there is a large, spherical, metal object in the center of the room that clearly does not belong there, and that it is surrounded by a good two dozen creatures that are very much different from these starfish men. They look something like ambulatory anemomes. a sort of tubular, rubbery red central body with radiating tentacles. The tentacles are  about as big as your wrist and look much softer and weaker than thse limbs of the starfish men.  These critters are dead too.

"Jackpot"

Check out the trophies. Look for interesting/useful tools/clothing and weapons (pay extra attention for blast weapons). Also keep an eye out for anything (including body parts) which have rare/hard to find build propreties.

94/70
Well, you're not sure on those build properties, but there are plenty of useful things around here. Clothing isn't really gonna work; these critters all have proportions very much different from your own, but some of these weapons may work.  You find what looks like a conical shell, but made of metal and extended out quite long, with handles on both sides. Its held by something that looks like a giant water flea, but it seems to be a ranged weapon of sort. The point of the shell has a small hole in it, and it looks like one of the handles can be pulled back while the other remains stationary.

Begin searching the ship for scrap metal suited for structural, and something containing. What's a wire's transmitting values?
wire is 3 I believe.

87/80

You can't find anything to suit your needs.
Idly follow Engi around.  Don't help or anything, just watch him.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)
*STARE*
Go to the worm and draw my pistol, ready to spring into action if anything fishy goes down.

What would be required to make a gauntlet out of the mole claws?

"Could somebody build these claws into a gauntlet for me? I've the feeling it'd be more effective then this void damned knife."
That worm will probably sleep until body heat warms it up.

Nothing much. just the claws and some structural and sticky. Shoot for level 3 on each.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 03, 2017, 03:15:24 pm »

Wake up.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 03, 2017, 03:41:18 pm »

Try to find some screws, bolts, nails, tape, glue, or anything else that would qualify as sticky level 3. Try to determine how hard it would be to turn the plates into containing level 3. Barring that, aquire one of the chests to use as containment level 3.

Could we use the diving bell to safely get to where Muffin is?

"Alright, I've got a pet project I need some help with right quick. Could somebody put together this guantlet for me? And if you have more time build the distillery, keep in mind that the still would benefit the entire crew, and could be our first step towards being able to make first aid type things."

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:11:06 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 03, 2017, 04:04:42 pm »

"Danger lurks. Better make this quick."

Take a quick look at the metal thingamajig and the anemones, then stealthily try to clear the barricade enough so that Muffin will be able to enter the room. Then float away back towards the bore's protective aura.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:06:50 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 03, 2017, 09:18:48 pm »

Get in Crawler

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Legs The Mover: Once Nameless is in the Crawler, take it out on the ceiling. Head in whatever direction seems most interesting. Keep going until I spot something interesting besides the floating island. Yes, I want this action carried out this turn, as it is. If anyone else want's to tag along, they need to be in the crawler this round.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 03, 2017, 10:40:27 pm »

Grab that scorpion thing.  And is there some warm meatbag that I can hand the worm thing to wake it up?  There was that one with the box.  Or the diver, if the guard on the divers isn't there.

Actually, giving the guard on the divers the three-foot mealworm sounds like fun.  Do that.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 02:18:10 am by Devastator »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 04, 2017, 04:32:44 am »

Do following actions in given order. Stop doing 1) and move onto 2) if my face stops melting, the symptoms become trivial, etc.

1) Wash out my mouth, face, skin and nose heavily with clean water from the bore.
Repeat with water from the lake.
Repeat with alcohol if there is any.
Vomit.
Consider whether build, transcend, or another skill would be most helpful to my survival in this body.
Seek out someone with that skill.
Set up blood transfusion from Tony's body.
If any organs have fail or seem to be about to, consider switching with Tony for one.
Consider switching bodies with Tony, look for replacements for the vital bits of him that people have removed.

2) Do if symptoms clear up/seem to be going away.
What are the tags on the box containing the white powder?
Find some other container for the stuff.
Making sure I don't get any on me, switch the poison between the two containers.

"So this stuff is poison. Someone else can have it, but I'm keeping the box."

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 04, 2017, 10:01:56 am »

Look over the room once more for interesting weapons/gadgets.

Also check the shell gun to see if it isn't trapped, somehow. If no traps are found, pocket the shell gun and inspect it to see if I can't figure out how it works just by looking at it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 04, 2017, 11:32:04 am »

Continue to prowl the ship. If my help is requested, provide it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 70