Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137627 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Sinking Feeling
« Reply #735 on: March 27, 2017, 10:42:22 pm »

"You may want to put that down, meatbag."

Touch the black goo to the 3-foot mealworm

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 28, 2017, 01:53:23 pm »

Radio: "Well, I'm down here if you need me or want to open up the important looking door. I'm going to have another look around. Muffin out."

Look around if I can't access any new towers that don't have their doors blocked off.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #737 on: March 28, 2017, 07:26:40 pm »

The transplant will be done lich style, with the soul being removed and placed in the new thing, preferably without permanent damage thanks to the dead Mole's eye disk.  For now though, we're just building the body.

...Is robocop style actually an option?  Would that avoid needing to die and then return, possibly taking permanent damage?

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

Ok.

The reason why I asked is both are options, but robocop is, as you can imagine, more complex. Lich style just needs a body, it doesn't need functioning organs or anything. But robocop needs organic part maintenance systems.

Open the second chest, a reasonable distance away from the mealwyrme. Jump backwards as soon as it opens.

"Will we open all the chests, or do you all plan on humming a wake-up lullaby to the worm-child first?

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
Well, normally I'd say you aren't strong enough to open it but whatever, we'll say dev helped.

Inside the chest is a silver box, a perfect cube with a seam running along it near the center, making it obvious the two halves can be separated. Its very heavy as well; the box is about as big as your head but weighs over 100 lbs.

"Well, while I wait out the monster guess I might as well look for a replacement for that pa-"
You pry one of the chests open.
Inside there is...well it looks like a big meal worm honestly. About 3 feet long and thick as your arm, all curled up and apparently asleep. Do meal worms sleep? You're not really sure.
"OH GOD IT'S SO CUTE!"

While in the deep blue, Joshua had seen that these worm creatures were not like normal worms, the ones used for digging or food. No, these things had a deeper connection to the sea. As such, he felt a sort of connection to these animals. Perhaps they could be the key toward better understanding the connection between the world of matter and the world of mind.

Check out the worm in the chest. How cute is it exaclty? Does it seem to be in good health? Try to very carefully pick it up.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Depends on you really. It doesn't have anime eyes or anything but in terms of giant worms its not horribly grotesque or anything. Just a segmented thing with a round head and 6 legs near the front of its body. If you're into that, its pretty cute. I don't think I'm a good judge.  It seems to be in pretty good health, so far as you can tell. You pick it up. Coiled like it is, its fairly compact, but it will surely be larger once it uncoils. It feels quite cold, but as it sits in your arms it starts to warm up and shows signs of waking.

Wander around, thinking about what I would need to build a distillery to make booze for "medical purposes"

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
Like a still?

Some structural, some containing, some chemical. shoot for 3, 3, 2. You can make the structural containing too if you hollow it out.

Take that off and imagine a soldier suit.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)
Ok, soldier suit. Got it. Now what?

"You may want to put that down, meatbag."

Touch the black goo to the 3-foot mealworm

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
Considering Radio's infatuation with the worm, he's gonna have to say ok to that because I feel like he'll be very annoyed if I just let you squish goo into his new friend.

Radio: "Well, I'm down here if you need me or want to open up the important looking door. I'm going to have another look around. Muffin out."

Look around if I can't access any new towers that don't have their doors blocked off.

There's about 3 or 4 other towers that you can access, yeah. None as big and important looking, but all accessable.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Suspitious Mole
« Reply #738 on: March 28, 2017, 07:39:21 pm »

Alright, keep the soldier suit in my mind and imagine a cannon into my hand. Also imagine that I'm strong enough to use a cannon. Then imagine that I have some bone marrow ash, and load that into the cannon along with powder and a cannonball.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 28, 2017, 08:25:35 pm »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 28, 2017, 10:38:31 pm »

See if there's some structure 3 metal plates on the bore that could be shaped into a container. And then see if the bile from Tony's body could be used as the chemical component.

"Any of you builders want to help me with a project?"

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 28, 2017, 11:20:25 pm »

What crafting tags are the empty chests themselves?

"Aww, but you divers get to summon all kinds of nasty monsters and get all sorts of loot for it.  I just want to do it once."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 29, 2017, 03:51:46 am »

"Also, could someone less important please take that worm thing away from Joshua!"
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 29, 2017, 04:59:13 am »

Verne steps back to demonstrate the cube.

"Who wants to open this? Bit heavy for me."
One wheel short of a wagon

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 29, 2017, 12:36:13 pm »

Go and check out the nearest other tower.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 29, 2017, 12:42:41 pm »

"Aww, but you divers get to summon all kinds of nasty monsters and get all sorts of loot for it.  I just want to do it once."
"You're not gonna hurt it, are ya? It's just a baby. And besides, it could serve us well in the future! But fine, I'll trust you and put it back into the shell, Dessert-O-tron requested my help anyways so I should just probably get on that first."
Then, turning to the worm after he placed it in the shell, "Sit tight lil' guy."

"Also, could someone less important please take that worm thing away from Joshua!"
"You're just jelly cause it likes me better."

Carefully place the worm back into the chest. Hope against hope these scoleciphobes won't manage to kill it while I'm off to help Waffle with his thing.

Speaking of which, head to the Sanctuary, dive down to lvl.3 and carefully peek out of the bore. Is that monster still there, or is the coast clear to go help Pancaek?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:09:32 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #746 on: March 30, 2017, 08:32:58 am »

Alright, keep the soldier suit in my mind and imagine a cannon into my hand. Also imagine that I'm strong enough to use a cannon. Then imagine that I have some bone marrow ash, and load that into the cannon along with powder and a cannonball.

I'm afraid that even in your mind, Bloodborne is still a ps4 exclusive.

Also, shooting a cannon with your bare hands and nothing but a soldier suit would, at best, rip the thing out of your grip. At worst, it would rip more than that.

See if there's some structure 3 metal plates on the bore that could be shaped into a container. And then see if the bile from Tony's body could be used as the chemical component.

"Any of you builders want to help me with a project?"

Yeah, there's some usable plates. And yeah, that bile could be used.

Heavy 7-Containing 5, as is.

Go and check out the nearest other tower.

Its a lot like the other tower you went in; in that the bottom is filled with bodies; though there are fewer here than over there. And they're currently being eaten by man sized beetle creatures.

"You're not gonna hurt it, are ya? It's just a baby. And besides, it could serve us well in the future! But fine, I'll trust you and put it back into the shell, Dessert-O-tron requested my help anyways so I should just probably get on that first."
Then, turning to the worm after he placed it in the shell, "Sit tight lil' guy."

"You're just jelly cause it likes me better."

Carefully place the worm back into the chest. Hope against hope these scoleciphobes won't manage to kill it while I'm off to help Waffle with his thing.

Speaking of which, head to the Sanctuary, dive down to lvl.3 and carefully peek out of the bore. Is that monster still there, or is the coast clear to go help Pancaek?

You return the worm to the chest and then head to the sanctuary and dive down to level 3. You poke your head out of the bore and look around. The enemy from before is gone, at least as far as you can tell, along with any remains of the other enemy made of balls.

Its clear for now but you know that diving down to meet him will result in an enemy spawning. You're just too far from the bore's protective influence for it not to.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 30, 2017, 09:56:42 am »

Spoiler: Engi (click to show/hide)

"So, what kind of body were you looking for? Full robot, need to move spirit? Or metal shell, need to move organs?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 30, 2017, 10:26:02 am »

Sifeebt responds with a simple "Former." and clicks his tounge three times.  He then continues to just stare at Engi through his creepy mask, unmoving.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 30, 2017, 10:28:56 am »

Spoiler: Engi (click to show/hide)

"Easier to build full body, less chance of physical complications. Okay."

Completely nerved, Engie thus begins looking for scraps and pondering what else he might need for the full lich body.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 70