Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137633 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Sinking Feeling
« Reply #750 on: March 30, 2017, 10:51:03 am »

Open the glowing box found in the second chest, a reasonable distance away from anything explosive or technical, after weighing it in my hand for a bit and it not moving/doing anything.

If the box does do something, put it down and move away while observing.

If the box does nothing and I open it, roll backwards as soon as it opens and observe/run away as appropriate.

"Cowards. Looks like I get first dibs on this then."

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 30, 2017, 11:25:15 am »

Touch the black goo to the 3-foot mealworm

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 30, 2017, 07:30:14 pm »

Go to the sanctuary, dive to level one of the deep, destroy any enemy that arises and collect their bits. Then dive to near the ocean floor. I won't automatically be sharing information on what i find down there, so please give me that information via PM.

Spoiler: Alexis (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 30, 2017, 07:57:25 pm »

"aight fellas, who wants to help me build a still? Legs, you literally haven't been doing anything lately, wanna help me out?"

Hope people help me, because I don't have a good history with this sort of thing (glances at hand). But until then I'll go grab the Bile from Tony's body, and search/clean the mole's remains, looking for what useful bits could be found, specifically try to find the claws.
Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 11:48:51 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Suspitious Mole
« Reply #754 on: March 30, 2017, 08:06:05 pm »

Alright, just imagine that I have a PS4 and that I'm wearing an electric head. Set the soldier suit up on a crash-test dummy.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 30, 2017, 10:32:40 pm »

Patrol the corridors of the ship.  Grin at passing people.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 31, 2017, 02:54:25 am »

You return the worm to the chest and then head to the sanctuary and dive down to level 3. You poke your head out of the bore and look around. The enemy from before is gone, at least as far as you can tell, along with any remains of the other enemy made of balls.
Its clear for now but you know that diving down to meet him will result in an enemy spawning. You're just too far from the bore's protective influence for it not to.

-Can I estimate what the the level of the monster that will spawn would be? Still lvl. 4, or has the heat died down a little?
-How far away from the bore could I move before the monsters come a-knocking?
-Would it be possible to try and avoid detecting by rolling transcend (until the roll fails, of course)? Like how a successful transcend roll allowed me to escape the previous monster and stay hidden?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 31, 2017, 07:17:56 am »

Yeah, not fucking with beetlebros. Go and check out the next tower.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 31, 2017, 07:33:15 am »

"aight fellas, who wants to help me build a still? Legs, you literally haven't been doing anything lately, wanna help me out?"

Legs the Mover swivels an array of sensors toward Razorblade.
I have no skill in the manufacture of goods.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 31, 2017, 02:02:33 pm »

"Whoever helps gets dibs on the first batch"
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 01, 2017, 12:09:49 am »

Since I'm just waiting on another player to build my char a new body, I figure now is a good time to ask some questions.  I spoiler'd them, due to a desire to avoid clutter.

Spoiler: In here (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #761 on: April 01, 2017, 01:20:09 pm »

Spoiler: Engi (click to show/hide)

"Easier to build full body, less chance of physical complications. Okay."

Completely nerved, Engie thus begins looking for scraps and pondering what else he might need for the full lich body.
What is needed depends on how good of a body you want. But if you just want some basic metal skeleton, then you're looking for some structural 3 x 5, transmitting 3 x2, weird 1, flexible 3 x 5, and containing 3.

Open the glowing box found in the second chest, a reasonable distance away from anything explosive or technical, after weighing it in my hand for a bit and it not moving/doing anything.

If the box does do something, put it down and move away while observing.

If the box does nothing and I open it, roll backwards as soon as it opens and observe/run away as appropriate.

"Cowards. Looks like I get first dibs on this then."

Its not glowing, just silver. And as stated, weighs over 100 lbs so good luck just weighing it in one hand unless you're a body builder.
You open the box and then roll back. Inside the box is white powder. It looks like flour the way it clumps but has a consistency more like sand. You notice that the box itself is very thick, about 2 inches thick of solid metal before the inner compartment holding this stuff.

Touch the black goo to the 3-foot mealworm

As soon  as the goo touches the worm, it immediately leaps off your hand and globs on to the worm. It squeezes through its segmented armor and into the creature, as well as forming a solid black sphere around its head. But then it stops and just stays there. Maybe because the worm is asleep?

Go to the sanctuary, dive to level one of the deep, destroy any enemy that arises and collect their bits. Then dive to near the ocean floor. I won't automatically be sharing information on what i find down there, so please give me that information via PM.

Spoiler: Alexis (click to show/hide)

This is turning into the Oz and friends show. And all the friends are also played by Oz.

Also, we really don't need another high level Deep priest, do we?

Hope people help me, because I don't have a good history with this sort of thing (glances at hand). But until then I'll go grab the Bile from Tony's body, and search/clean the mole's remains, looking for what useful bits could be found, specifically try to find the claws.
[/spoiler]
No one says they're helping you...But we'll assume you grab that bile and those big old claws regardless.

Alright, just imagine that I have a PS4 and that I'm wearing an electric head. Set the soldier suit up on a crash-test dummy.

I don't really wanna vr it up in this game. That treads the road towards armor thickness.

Patrol the corridors of the ship.  Grin at passing people.
You patrol the ship until you find Rede, who asks you for help.

You return the worm to the chest and then head to the sanctuary and dive down to level 3. You poke your head out of the bore and look around. The enemy from before is gone, at least as far as you can tell, along with any remains of the other enemy made of balls.
Its clear for now but you know that diving down to meet him will result in an enemy spawning. You're just too far from the bore's protective influence for it not to.

-Can I estimate what the the level of the monster that will spawn would be? Still lvl. 4, or has the heat died down a little?
-How far away from the bore could I move before the monsters come a-knocking?
-Would it be possible to try and avoid detecting by rolling transcend (until the roll fails, of course)? Like how a successful transcend roll allowed me to escape the previous monster and stay hidden?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Probably lvl 3
A hundred feet or maybe 200. But pancake is something like 300 or more underwater, let alone from the bore.
You could, but it would limit what actions you could perform. As long as you're just down there, not really doing much, you wouldn't attract attention, but once you do something, that would alert critters.

Yeah, not fucking with beetlebros. Go and check out the next tower.

The next tower over contains a basically empty first floor, so you head up to the second. The second is filled with corpses; but not those of the starfish creatures. Its a trophy room of sorts, with heads and preserved bodies. Many of the creatures here, all of which bare some vague resemblence to fish or amphibians, are clearly civilized due to the weapons, clothing and tools included on the bodies. These Starfish men must have kept trophies of the species they conqured.

Since I'm just waiting on another player to build my char a new body, I figure now is a good time to ask some questions.  I spoiler'd them, due to a desire to avoid clutter.

Spoiler: In here (click to show/hide)
1. Really it just has shards prebuilt, not actively formed.
2.9 feet or so.
3. Depends on the engine.
4. eh? Maybe? dunno
5. To use? No. To install? Yeah.
6. Probably a typo.
7. I don't like where this is going.
8. I really don't like where this is going.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 01, 2017, 02:52:16 pm »

FIRE THE CANNON LOADED WITH BONE MARROW ASH AT THE DUMMY AND COUNT THE DAMAGE NUMBERS.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 01, 2017, 03:16:37 pm »

Taste a little powder. Very little. Snort a bit too. Small amounts, spitting out afterwards.

Try guessing the tags on it. Expose trace amounts to
a) Flame
b) Skin
c) Water
d) Blood

"If this stuff is gunpowder, it's mine. If it's some kind of weird deep tool or something, someone else can have it. Drugs will be shared."

One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 01, 2017, 05:23:09 pm »

Open the final chest while waiting for the worm to wake up.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 70