Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137638 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #255 on: January 16, 2017, 03:06:22 am »

Nameless nods to his sparring partners, each in turn.
Good. Thank you. Rest.
He then attracts the attention of the nearby medic (@Radio_Controlled, yoo hoo!), and gestures toward Sifeebt.
Fix fighter.
Nameless then sits next to Sifeebt (and Vokun if he joins us), and closes his eyes to rest
"Did you guys manage to damage your meatspace connections already? You should be careful, people could die when they are killed! Anyways, let me take a quick look."

((Action edited.))

"Why, that'd be absolutely brilliant my friend! We could certainly use the assistance of a master craftsman such as yourself, this blasted thing is proving to be quite the challenge. Oh, if only the matters of matter were as forthcoming as the matters of mind."
Engie snorts, half in humour and half in mild embarrassment.
"Aw, it's nuthin'. It's easy to get things to do what you want when you can hold 'em. Can't stomach the deep sea, myself. Name's Engie."

"Joshua Abraham Darvaza, Emperor of the Deep and your designated Diver for this trip.

It's a shame, there are many wonders waiting to be found in the Sea by the brave and the bold. Some of 'em might live long enough to enjoy them too, hah!"
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 03:17:20 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 16, 2017, 05:10:44 am »

Try and plan out the best way to get to the glimmering. Are there any paths by the river, or will we just have to use the vehicle to crawl along the cavern walls? Also, can I see anything interesting in the river? Does the Bore have lights or torches to help with all that?

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 06:24:42 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 16, 2017, 06:20:25 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 16, 2017, 06:31:09 am »

"Did you guys manage to damage your meatspace connections already? You should be careful, people could die when they are killed! Anyways, let me take a quick look."

Yes. We did. manage.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 16, 2017, 03:14:16 pm »

Retry the build roll.

Also yes build everything out of metal with a thin layer of skin on the surface, like a horribly deformed terminator.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 16, 2017, 05:54:14 pm »

PTW
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 16, 2017, 06:24:41 pm »

Rest and try to recover health.

((Also, I have a build project for someone to do eventually. Not the Reference Guide, I have to do that.))

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 16, 2017, 07:39:09 pm »

Should anyone request, Deira will drive a bit closer to the shiny thing, before returning to her work.

((Deira is happy to get any build work done))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #263 on: January 17, 2017, 10:04:31 am »

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Engie, hearing about an expedition, radios to the crew, "Bring me some interesting metals or machines if you find them, please."

Mind free, he considers what he'd need for a milling machine and walks over to the two nyck-nyucks making a soldier suit.

"Howdy, would y'all like some assistance over here? I'm th' resident maker, I suppose."

Offer assistance to Caek and Radio, in exchange for knowledge of milling machine. I'm basically, yeah, looking for something to form the metal form me. It can take the same amount of time as hand-working, if balance sounds like an issue.
Down to 60 hours, assuming everyone works on it.

Sifeebt leans back against a wall, exhausted.  "Corpse always good practice.  Tough, though stupid.  Good job, not like most."

Can I get knowledge as well, towards an Eye Disk?  And If I gather knowledge for an Eye Disk, can I have someone else build it for me?

Since that fight was actually started hours before the drill set out, do I regain body points as if we've been underway for awhile?

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

You sparing guys can reset your bodies.  Though really Sy, with that 00 recover you're gonna have a hell of a time in the field. Hope you never get hit.

As to the eye disk, no. To both questions. The first because eye disks grow naturally; but maybe if you get something good and turn it in they'll trade you. OR maybe you'll find one.  And no, you have to build it yourself.

Engie, hearing about an expedition, radios to the crew, "Bring me some interesting metals or machines if you find them, please."
Mind free, he considers what he'd need for a milling machine and walks over to the two nyck-nyucks making a soldier suit.
"Howdy, would y'all like some assistance over here? I'm th' resident maker, I suppose."
Offer assistance to Caek and Radio, in exchange for knowledge of milling machine. I'm basically, yeah, looking for something to form the metal form me. It can take the same amount of time as hand-working, if balance sounds like an issue.
"Why, that'd be absolutely brilliant my friend! We could certainly use the assistance of a master craftsman such as yourself, this blasted thing is proving to be quite the challenge. Oh, if only the matters of matter were as forthcoming as the matters of mind."

Thats something I've been thinking about too. Having time pass faster for you guys doesn't really make sense because days or weeks might pass while people are out for a few minutes, but having everyone just sit around is shitty too. Shall we pass 5 hours each turn while people are out then?
That's certainly fine by me.

Well, keep building then for now. First go heal up Sifeebt and the rest of the people who were sparring. Can I heal them at all without using medkits? Perhaps speed up their recovery so that they'll be in top shape before this expedition leaves? How does medic-ing in general work in this system, if I may ask?

If that is done (or I can't heal them) then go back to building.

Any idea on how you'll choose who can go on the missions pw? Or will you just leave that up to us to decide?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
We'll assume they're back up because it was just a sparring match.

I'm gonna see if you guys can handle exploring and going out on your own. And if nothing gets done, then an angry mole man will yell instructions over the intercom.

Continue working with Joshua and engie on the armour.

Also, pw, how long do you think missions are going to be? I'm trying to decide on finishing this armour and other build projects or going on a mission straight away. Depending on the amount of time missions take, I might get bored on the bore if I have no build projects and can't dive in the deep sea.

Thats up to you guys. I just created a map and gave you an objective. But I think I could actually handle more than 10 people going out at a time. The system is pretty simple.

Deira instead builds net traps, hiding it with any thin mats that may be available, and tripwire-dart traps that she will set up when leaving the bridge. Finally, she will finish decorating the place with coloured fabrics, if any are available in order to pass the time.

Continue until finished, build currently 62/80

Give it one more turn.

Nameless nods to his sparring partners, each in turn.
Good. Thank you. Rest.

He then attracts the attention of the nearby medic (@Radio_Controlled, yoo hoo!), and gestures toward Sifeebt.
Fix fighter.

Nameless then sits next to Sifeebt (and Vokun if he joins us), and closes his eyes to rest

Recover. Volunteer to head out to explore.

The machete I had made: What damage profile does it have? It was a fight +20 in the old system. Is it like the cleaver (4d4)?

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
Yeah, 4d4 sounds about right for it.

"Dangit, the muse is delayed."

Head up to the bridge and ask the pilot to move around a bit so we can get out into the cavern
You ask the pilot to move the bore but she seems to be engaged making indiana jones style dart traps.

Try and plan out the best way to get to the glimmering. Are there any paths by the river, or will we just have to use the vehicle to crawl along the cavern walls? Also, can I see anything interesting in the river? Does the Bore have lights or torches to help with all that?

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)

Hmm. Well the river covers the entire bottom of the passage, but you're not sure how deep it is. If you could get a measure of that, then it should be possible to know if the bore could just walk there. The tunnel is big enough for it to do so, assuming the river isn't actually over a 600 foot deep canyon or something. That would be bad.

The bore does have floodlights, so you turn those on and look at the river. The water is a lot more clear with direct light shining down on it and you can see the bottom. You reckon its about 20 feet deep in the center and more shallow on the sides. It looks like the bore should be able to walk down it...assuming the pilot wants to do so.

Retry the build roll.

Also yes build everything out of metal with a thin layer of skin on the surface, like a horribly deformed terminator.

11/80

So thats....69 Body. Pretty damn good. Giggity.   

But its gonna take a while to make a terminator endoskeleton. Also, I'm not sure where you're gonna get the skin? Especially if you want it to be living. Like, rubber flesh we can do. Great big old real doll terminator.

Rest and try to recover health.

((Also, I have a build project for someone to do eventually. Not the Reference Guide, I have to do that.))

Even if I wasn't handwaving the regain, you'd be fine because of your big throbbing recover stat.

Should anyone request, Deira will drive a bit closer to the shiny thing, before returning to her work.

((Deira is happy to get any build work done))
Pilot 39/...something.... 90. Sheet was down in the other action. Try to consolidate your actions into a single post if ya can.

You lower the bore down just enough that the hanger doors are hanging out into open space in the passage.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:08:24 am by piecewise »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 17, 2017, 11:16:32 am »

Go to the hangar and get into the crawler.

If I run into anyone else inside/around the crawler, Vokun will say: "Didn't Suo say this thing is airtight?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 17, 2017, 11:57:02 am »

Keep on keeping on building.

I'm gonna see if you guys can handle exploring and going out on your own. And if nothing gets done, then an angry mole man will yell instructions over the intercom.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:59:44 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 17, 2017, 12:16:37 pm »

I'm going to head to the hangar, I'll ride In the crawler in case they need backup.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 12:52:07 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 17, 2017, 01:10:07 pm »

"So, why is there a basket on this armor? Seems bulky, if'n you ask me."

Build, baby, build. Stats were adjusted to be more in line with player and also to be actually 400 points.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 17, 2017, 01:49:23 pm »

Sure rubber flesh sounds fine. Begin ze building.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 17, 2017, 02:01:04 pm »

Keep op building that armour with Joshua.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 02:02:48 pm by Pancaek »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 70