Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137626 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #285 on: January 18, 2017, 04:59:24 pm »

Name: Sandra Sanddancer
Archetype: Worm Driver Starts with +10 Control and a pistol.
Bio: To be decided. Just a wormgirl making a living.

Blast: 80
Fight: 0
Dodge: 60
Cover: 60
Endure: 50
Move: 40
Hide: 0
Find: 0
Transcend: 0
Recover: 40
Build: 0
Control: 80 (70 + 10)

Body: 45
Mind: 55
Knowledge: ?

inventory:
Pistol 4d6 (starter)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 18, 2017, 06:06:22 pm »

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Building, building, building, keep that engie building.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 18, 2017, 08:04:26 pm »

Fetch. Driver.

I go and grab Vermis and physically haul him to the crawler, stuffing him into the pilot seat.

Edit: I'll lend razorblade my knife.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 06:48:54 pm by Ozarck »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 18, 2017, 09:51:15 pm »

Fetch. Driver.

I go and grab Vermis and physically haul him to the crawler, stuffing him into the pilot seat.

Help Nameless

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 09:53:00 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 18, 2017, 09:57:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I don't return hen then somebody stuff my soul into a terminator.

I guess get press ganged into being driver? Once I'm in the drivers seat careful ease the crawler out and crawl down to the bottom of the river. Have some one who actually has perception look around.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 18, 2017, 10:09:05 pm »

Make sure the door is sealed before we set out.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 18, 2017, 11:47:25 pm »

A technique that lets me spend mind to regain body would be like that overused trope where the hero is beaten down, but then through sheer force of resolve just continues to get up over and over again, no matter how much punishment they take.  Call it Deathless Determination or Second Wind or something.

As for action, Sifeebt just sits in the crawler boredly, staring at people from behind his creepy mask.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 20, 2017, 03:38:44 pm »

Could I start gathering Knoledge for a skill called "Ruthless Fury" that make it that I can sacrifice as many as four points in mind to get +5 to blast or fight per point sacrificed? I don't really know if that's balanced correctly

Nameless, could I have your old knife, since you have a machete?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 03:46:32 pm by The Lupanian »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #293 on: January 20, 2017, 07:40:15 pm »

Absolutely.  Life is subject to art.  Do get a rope for a lifeline first, though.
39/no sheet
You tie a rope around your waist and proceed to head out onto the surface of the machine. Of course, you forget that you probably need to actually climb carefully and instead just walk straight out the door. You tumble out into open space and the knot you made in the rope immediately pops loose, letting you fall all the way down into the river below.  You take 10 damage as you hit the water from a good 80 or so foot drop and an additional 29 as you are flung downstream, by the current, bouncing off every single possible rock on the bottom because your metal body makes it impossible to surface. After clanging across the riverbed for several minutes you tumble off a waterfall and fall another hundred feet down into a far more shallow pool and take 30 damage as you smash into water and rock. In the end you find yourself lying a few feet underwater, staring up at a rapidly flowing surface and hundreds of shimmering blue lights high above it. You're reminded of the stories you heard about the surface. Of the cave that has no roof and the shining spots that hang in the nothing.

Verne leaps into the crawler.

"GO! GO! GO! Come on, we don't have time to wait for those idiots while they make themselves platemail while we could be making money. Why bother waiting days so they can armour themselves then use our fucking bodies as additional shields for their precious lives? We're barely out of the damn station, let's get going! Does this thing have a driver?"
You pile into the crawler, squishing yourself into its sardine can seating with the rest.

Name: Sandra Sanddancer
Archetype: Worm Driver Starts with +10 Control and a pistol.
Bio: To be decided. Just a wormgirl making a living.

Blast: 80
Fight: 0
Dodge: 60
Cover: 60
Endure: 50
Move: 40
Hide: 0
Find: 0
Transcend: 0
Recover: 40
Build: 0
Control: 80 (70 + 10)

Body: 45
Mind: 55
Knowledge: ?

inventory:
Pistol 4d6 (starter)
Welcome to DIG! Otherwise known as "Countdown till Builder genocide"

You can assume you start in the bunk room.

Make sure the door is sealed before we set out.

You pull the hatch closed just as soon as the driver is in and make triply sure it actually seals. Drowning in a metal box is not your idea of a fun time.

Fetch. Driver.

Edit: I'll lend razorblade my knife.

Fetch. Driver.

Help Nameless

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I don't return hen then somebody stuff my soul into a terminator.

I guess get press ganged into being driver? Once I'm in the drivers seat careful ease the crawler out and crawl down to the bottom of the river. Have some one who actually has perception look around.
Through a series of none too subtle threats and a good deal of shoving, one of the builders is pushed out of the work room and into the crawler, with instructions to "Drive the thing!"

76/90

And so he does. The crawler's descent is far from smooth or comfortable; its pile driver feet shake the whole cabin as they land and embed themselves in the stone. When it moves quickly, the machine shakes like a paint mixer, and much of the way down this motion is done at a 90 degree angle as it descends the wall. By the time they reach the bottom the passengers have new welts from bouncing around in their seat harnesses and accidently kicking each other in the shin. In the river the ride smooths out a bit, and soon Tony brings the machine to a stop, huddled down on the bottom.

"Oi, someone with good eyes, get up here and navigate."

A technique that lets me spend mind to regain body would be like that overused trope where the hero is beaten down, but then through sheer force of resolve just continues to get up over and over again, no matter how much punishment they take.  Call it Deathless Determination or Second Wind or something.

As for action, Sifeebt just sits in the crawler boredly, staring at people from behind his creepy mask.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)
Fair. Hows 2 mind for 1 body do ya?

Could I start gathering Knoledge for a skill called "Ruthless Fury" that make it that I can sacrifice as many as four points in mind to get +5 to blast or fight per point sacrificed? I don't really know if that's balanced correctly

Nameless, could I have your old knife, since you have a machete?
+20 for a roll and only giving up 4 points seems pretty OP honestly. Especially if you have a lot of mind. I don't know how much you have though.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 20, 2017, 09:20:12 pm »

Nameless remains seated, unless none of the others venture forward to navigate. If none do, Nameless will grab whoever seems most observant and none too subtly start shoving them forward toward the cockpit.
((I knew find would be important. well, best we got is a guy with 40 find))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 20, 2017, 09:55:55 pm »

Sit up, and look at the lights and the waterfall.

(No knowledge?  Damn.)

Bargthor-47

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 20, 2017, 10:05:55 pm »

Nameless remains seated, unless none of the others venture forward to navigate. If none do, Nameless will grab whoever seems most observant and none too subtly start shoving them forward toward the cockpit.
((I knew find would be important. well, best we got is a guy with 40 find))

((Wait... That's me... I actually have the highest find out of us? Wow.))

Get the hint and help navigate.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 21, 2017, 01:32:08 am »

Got it, how about we double the cost to 2 mind per +5 skills, so to get the +20 I have to sacrifice 8 mind. Also, I have 25 mind, which is pretty low

Help with the spotting if possible

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 02:35:19 am by The Lupanian »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 21, 2017, 03:31:12 am »

Predicting rain doesn't count. Building arks does.
-Warren Buffett-

Keep building

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 03:34:03 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 21, 2017, 04:37:15 am »

Verne looks around for treasure, hostiles, the source of the glowing he saw earlier, where the river goes, and anything else, shoving people out of the way until he has the best view in the crawler.

((Verne has maximum find, guys))

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 70