Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137630 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #240 on: January 15, 2017, 11:52:00 am »

Either continue helping Joshua with the armour if we're getting any decent kind of work done when not in travel mode,

Or, alternatively, go to the archives/workshop and dig up whatever I can find for my knowledge on medkits.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #241 on: January 15, 2017, 01:13:08 pm »

"Alright rubes, it's time to organize an away team, I volunteer. This team should also include a medic, and a diver, or somebody whose good at both at very least. Then I suggest we begin scouting ahead with the crawler."

can people make replacment limbs? If so, how difficult would it be to learn/build and attach them?
Yup, but they'll need to be living machines which means you'll need knowledge. Maybe even the help of a diver to attach them.  How difficult depends entirely on how good the limb is.

The info is gonna be pretty generalized because I don't wanna spoil a whole lot, but I'll get it to you soon-ish.
And I'll keep track fo the big map, the one the drill makes, but if you guys wanna add to it or anything, you'll have to do that.
Cool, thanks! I'm sure we'll figure out the rest as we go, but some vague idea would be nice (and cut down on a whole lot of me asking you the same questions over and over as we go down levels).

A small question about building: if we're not in travel mode (eg while others are on mission or like this last turn on the bore), does any work get done on our build projects if we make that our action? If not, would it be ok for you if builders do something else during those turns? Otherwise we're basically sitting around doing nothing.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Thats something I've been thinking about too. Having time pass faster for you guys doesn't really make sense because days or weeks might pass while people are out for a few minutes, but having everyone just sit around is shitty too. Shall we pass 5 hours each turn while people are out then?

Deira instead builds net traps, hiding it with any thin mats that may be available, and tripwire-dart traps that she will set up when leaving the bridge. Finally, she will finish decorating the place with coloured fabrics, if any are available in order to pass the time.

build 62/80

Alright, it will take you a few hours to get this set up, so basically give it a turn or two.

See how much knowledge would be required build a med kit.

Begin to build a body with a body stat of 40.
That means rolling 40 or lower.
[Build 59/80]
Well, you could build it but it would have a body of 21.

Try again or go with it? I should point out that every failed roll adds +10 difficulty. This one isn't a failed roll, though.

Also, what are you making this body out of? Probably metal or other inorganic stuff?

Could we, and should we wait for the builders to finish current projects before we get to exploring, in a time-skip kinda way?
You could try to talk the others into doing that. If everyone else just says "Now spend the next 80 hours doing nothing." or whatever then I'll be fine with it.

Time to put down some graffitos.  Grab a little paint if I can find any, but don't delay if I can't, then head to the hangar.  Open the door, and see if there's anywhere to stand.

You grab a can of paint from the work room and walk out to the hanger door.  You open it only to find that it opens straight onto a solid rock wall. Huh...thats right...the drill is a few stories down from here, you're still in the tunnel. OH well, gives you a good surface to paint on.

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Seeing no damage to the bore, engie will then shrug and go back to work.

Essentially, I want to be able to machine parts so I only have to assemble them. It would save time in the way that while it's machining, I can handle another task. Is this possible? Nothing complicated, just solid parts like forearms and gunbarrels. Joints and complicated bits would have to be assembled and made by hand.

Hmm. Hows about a milling machine then? It would need a little knowledge but not much. You could probably gain it by just making a few metal things.  Or maybe join Radio on his soldier suit? That requires metal work.

Continue working on the rifle. If I was allowed to work on it alongside my other small action for ~five hours on each of the last two turns, it will be complete. Otherwise, if building requires a completely free turn, it'll be 5/15 after five hours.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
I'll let ya have it.  Rifle done.

Sifeebt shrugs "Do not ignore foe.  Few are as chivalrous as quiet man." he says, nodding towards Vokun, who backed off after Sifeebt stepped in.

So... Why has our three-way spar never had three people attacking?  All three of us have submitted an attack action every round.

In any case, step back a bit and let Nameless act.  Attack only after someone else attacks.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)
Nameless nods his acknowledgement of Sifeebt's rebuke.
Yes.

Yes, let's roll out the remainder of the fight. If I am down to one opponent, simply attack that one, else: Nameless will attempt throughout the remainder of the fight to position the other two such that they interfere with each other's attacks rather than assisting each other, like by getting into a narrow hallway or something. Nameless will attack whichever is closer in an attempt to drive them into the other. Otherwise, simply alternate targets each roll.

On technique balancing: I don't know how to balance adding damage and taking away dodge, as damage scales with weapon and is a die roll, whereas dodge is a stat against which a die roll is made. Maybe adding a d20 to opponent's attack for double damage?
Or, if Nameless succeeds, his damage is doubled, but if he fails, the opponent's damage is doubled?

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
Spar with Nameless and Sifeebt, using fists and not weapons. Yield if I:
Gather enough knowledge for the Reference Guide,
Have under 30 body left,
or both of my opponents yield.

Each attack should, in order of priority, target:
1. Whoever has not yielded,
2. Whoever attacked me last,
3. Whoever I didn't attack last,
4. Nameless.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)
The reason why three attacks have never gone through is me not being sure on things. Namely last turn because Vokun doesn't want to spar with weapons and Sifeebt just walked in and hit someone with a weapon.
Alrighty then, I'll try and do this as best I can. Lets see

Sy steps back, allows others to fight first.
Nameless attacks vokun, hits, 3 damage 53 hp
Vokun vs nameless, Fails to hit.
Sif attacks, Nameless dodges.
Nameless attempts to manueuver, fails.
Nameless attacks sif, hits,  4 damage, 10 hp
Vokun attacks Sif, sif dodges
Sif attacks, misses.
Nameless attacks Sif, hits, massive difference in rolls, double damage roll , 6+3, 1 hp left
Vokun attacks, misses
Sif attacks, misses
Nameless misses
Vokun misses
Sif attacks nameless, nameless dodges.
Nameless attacks sif, misses
Vokun misses nameless
Sif attacks nameless, nameless dodges
Nameless misses
Vokun punches Sif, KO!
Nameless punches vokun, 1 damage, 52 hp
Vokun punches nameless, 4 damage, 58 hp
Nameless punches,  4 damage, 48 hp
Vokun misses
Nameless hits, 1 damage, 47 HP
(Christ this takes forever with fists. Almost like it's not balanced around punching people to death.)
Vokun hits, 4 damage, 54 hp
Nameless hits,  1 damage, 46
Vokun hits,  5 damage, 49 hp
Nameless hits 4 damage, 42 hp
Just fucking trading blows here. Its a Slobberknocker!
Vokun Hits, 4 damage, 45
Nameless hits, 6 damage, 36 HP
Vokun fucking hits, 6 damage, 39 HP
Nameless hits,  1 damage, 35 hp
Vokun hits, 5 damage, 34 HP
Nameless hits,  6 damage, 29 HP
VOKUN YEILDS!

Vokun, you get enough knowledge to finish your guide, (assuming a good build roll)
Nameless gets 40 knowledge towards his technique. That doubling damage thing seems fine to me, you get double or they do.
Sif gets a broken nose!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 08:39:40 pm by piecewise »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 15, 2017, 01:17:54 pm »

"Alright! Who wants to investigate that mysterious glimmering by the river?"

Verne bellows down the corridors.
One wheel short of a wagon

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 15, 2017, 02:12:05 pm »

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Engie, hearing about an expedition, radios to the crew, "Bring me some interesting metals or machines if you find them, please."

Mind free, he considers what he'd need for a milling machine and walks over to the two nyck-nyucks making a soldier suit.

"Howdy, would y'all like some assistance over here? I'm th' resident maker, I suppose."

Offer assistance to Caek and Radio, in exchange for knowledge of milling machine. I'm basically, yeah, looking for something to form the metal form me. It can take the same amount of time as hand-working, if balance sounds like an issue.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 15, 2017, 02:44:11 pm »

Sifeebt leans back against a wall, exhausted.  "Corpse always good practice.  Tough, though stupid.  Good job, not like most."

Can I get knowledge as well, towards an Eye Disk?  And If I gather knowledge for an Eye Disk, can I have someone else build it for me?

Since that fight was actually started hours before the drill set out, do I regain body points as if we've been underway for awhile?

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 15, 2017, 03:17:45 pm »

"Alright! Who wants to investigate that mysterious glimmering by the river?"

Verne bellows down the corridors.

"Aye, I'm ready, but maybe we should wait for them builders to finish that armor"

I volunteer to go on an expedition
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 08:04:12 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 15, 2017, 03:20:19 pm »

"You want to wait three days?"
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 15, 2017, 03:26:49 pm »

"Well, if we had just one more person helping we could have this baby finished up and spit shined in about a big half day. Gives everybody else the chance to rest up and, to use some diver terminology here, get their shit together before we leave.

It'd also rather help keep my hide in one piece, which in turns means a much better chance for me to still be there to ressurect you guys when things turn ugly."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 15, 2017, 03:27:30 pm »

"maybe? We could wait 3 days, and the other builder could make more weapons while those two are finishing the armor."

"Also, if somebody wanted to try and learn tu make replacment limbs, I'd bet replacing my finger 'd be great practice!"
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 03:57:32 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 15, 2017, 03:57:10 pm »

Engie, hearing about an expedition, radios to the crew, "Bring me some interesting metals or machines if you find them, please."
Mind free, he considers what he'd need for a milling machine and walks over to the two nyck-nyucks making a soldier suit.
"Howdy, would y'all like some assistance over here? I'm th' resident maker, I suppose."
Offer assistance to Caek and Radio, in exchange for knowledge of milling machine. I'm basically, yeah, looking for something to form the metal form me. It can take the same amount of time as hand-working, if balance sounds like an issue.
"Why, that'd be absolutely brilliant my friend! We could certainly use the assistance of a master craftsman such as yourself, this blasted thing is proving to be quite the challenge. Oh, if only the matters of matter were as forthcoming as the matters of mind."

Thats something I've been thinking about too. Having time pass faster for you guys doesn't really make sense because days or weeks might pass while people are out for a few minutes, but having everyone just sit around is shitty too. Shall we pass 5 hours each turn while people are out then?
That's certainly fine by me.

Well, keep building then for now. First go heal up Sifeebt and the rest of the people who were sparring. Can I heal them at all without using medkits? Perhaps speed up their recovery so that they'll be in top shape before this expedition leaves? How does medic-ing in general work in this system, if I may ask?

If that is done (or I can't heal them) then go back to building.

Any idea on how you'll choose who can go on the missions pw? Or will you just leave that up to us to decide?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 03:12:03 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 15, 2017, 05:01:58 pm »

Continue working with Joshua and engie on the armour.

Also, pw, how long do you think missions are going to be? I'm trying to decide on finishing this armour and other build projects or going on a mission straight away. Depending on the amount of time missions take, I might get bored on the bore if I have no build projects and can't dive in the deep sea.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 09:48:20 am by Pancaek »

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 15, 2017, 05:21:54 pm »

Deira instead builds net traps, hiding it with any thin mats that may be available, and tripwire-dart traps that she will set up when leaving the bridge. Finally, she will finish decorating the place with coloured fabrics, if any are available in order to pass the time.

Continue until finished, build currently 62/80

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 15, 2017, 05:53:28 pm »

Nameless nods to his sparring partners, each in turn.
Good. Thank you. Rest.

He then attracts the attention of the nearby medic (@Radio_Controlled, yoo hoo!), and gestures toward Sifeebt.
Fix fighter.

Nameless then sits next to Sifeebt (and Vokun if he joins us), and closes his eyes to rest

Recover. Volunteer to head out to explore.

The machete I had made: What damage profile does it have? It was a fight +20 in the old system. Is it like the cleaver (4d4)?

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 15, 2017, 07:33:14 pm »

"Why, that'd be absolutely brilliant my friend! We could certainly use the assistance of a master craftsman such as yourself, this blasted thing is proving to be quite the challenge. Oh, if only the matters of matter were as forthcoming as the matters of mind."

Engie snorts, half in humour and half in mild embarrassment.

"Aw, it's nuthin'. It's easy to get things to do what you want when you can hold 'em. Can't stomach the deep sea, myself. Name's Engie."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 15, 2017, 10:13:49 pm »

"Dangit, the muse is delayed."

Head up to the bridge and ask the pilot to move around a bit so we can get out into the cavern
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 10:46:26 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 70