Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137511 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #165 on: January 08, 2017, 08:13:46 am »

Continue researching and gathering knowledge for gun-fu and looking up the exploits of famous enginehearts while we drill to pierce the heavens.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 01:05:02 pm by Pancaek »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 08, 2017, 12:01:31 pm »

Sifeebt will spar with Nameless, using his vast experience as a Deathless to speed the man's training.  Since I don't have anything better to do, he'll also see about accruing experience towards the skill--it does seem appropriate for a deathless.

Spoiler: Sifeebt (click to show/hide)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 08, 2017, 02:56:39 pm »

Keep working on my pistol, if I get the time then start building that flamethrower.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 08, 2017, 03:53:09 pm »

Enhance Blargathron's natural roboty strength by building a pair of diesel gauntlets around his hands. Include an off switch for the engine in case he ever wants to not sound like BRRRBBRRRRB.

Spoiler: Thumonic (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2017, 05:12:43 pm »

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

And we play the waiting game.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 09:52:35 pm by Gentlefish »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 08, 2017, 07:44:06 pm »

Just waiting now
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2017, 12:18:26 am »

HEY ENGINEERS, you now have +10 build rather than an item that gives you +10 build.
Gather knowledge for +10 hide.

How about finding a few simple tools for+5 build?
By the way, would I need different tools and consumables to perform medicine on fleshy people? Or does build cover everything?

Would I have any chance of building a bow or blowdart on my own?
How about converting my clothes to give me +5 hide, could I do that?
If yes to any of the above, do that.

Spoiler: Joe Dire (click to show/hide)
Stick it on the sheet.

Its a build 25 roll so its possible.
Build the skill covers everything, but certain items can only be used on certain rolls. SO first aid kit gives you +10 to build when used on healing people but not for building a robot.

Blowdart? Uhhhhh 25 roll so yes, possible.
Also 25 roll.

Ok...since these are all the same...
Build 10+4+1

NOPE! You failed to do one of those.

Do some research in the archives on light flexible armour.

"So how's about digging straight down for a day, then not going any deeper? How do we feel about that, people?"

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)

[Find 20+8+3]
There's something in here about how to armor a dive suit, but thats about it.

Deira will drive directly downward. If we're going to do the digging thing, might as well do it right. Do three squares, then get some sleep. 15 hours is enough in one burst for Deira.

She otherwise begins to get comfortable doing what she does. She listens closely to the sound of the engine and uses the ping thing to see what surrounds them once per square. Deira, though she enjoys company, can often feel cold to be around, preferring the company of machines who will not judge her. When the drill is running well and without need of direction she will begin to build small trinkets to line her pilot seat and decorate around her. Small dolls and ornaments.

Spoiler: Deira (click to show/hide)

15 HOURS HAVE PASSED. BUILDERS, I ASSUME YOU'RE KEEPING TRACK OF THE WORK YOU'RE DOING OVER THIS PERIOD.

[build:30+9]
You set the drill to auto drive and start building some small ornaments and dolls out of materials you have brought up from the workshop. You hang them around the room, from the ceiling and walls and especially around the machine's brain, which seems particularly worthy of talismans and idols. Over the hours you cover much of the bridge in decorations and turn the pilot seat into a mystic throne.

[control:50+10]
As you finish off a final doll and hang it from the ceiling, you notice something on the sensors. The stone here seems softer than before, more porous and sandy. You look up through the glass canopy of the bridge and see that water is dripping down from above at a steady rate, almost like rain.

((Now that that is worked out))

Continue finding knowledge for the reference guide. Once that is complete spar with Nameless, then rest.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)
Knowledge is found via new things. Try finding it elsewhere. Such as by winning this fight.

While we dive, I seek knowledge for a technique called One Strike. the idea is to put all my effort int one targetted strike, forgoing defense and dodging, in order to increase the accuracy and power of said attack. +x to fight, for a cost of endure, move, or stamina. Nameless practices in the common room or another space available to develop this skill.

Nameless, upon seeing any of his fellow crewpersons with melee weapons offers once to each "Spar. Weapons. Full contact." If they decline he does not press further, but returns to his practice.

If anyone else offers to spar, or accepts Nameless' offer, Nameless takes up position in an open available space and prepares to attack.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
That kind of thing is gonna be something like +20 to fight for one attack at a high stamina cost and gonna mean removing or even going negative for endure. Ie bonus but if you still lose you get hit with huge damage.

Alright, so sparing. This gonna be fists or with weapons and to what point? Till zero body knock out?

Attack the creature before it can finish forming, then exit deep sea and rest. After that (assuming we're still in timeskip and there's still time), start working on a toolbox. After that rest again and spend rest the of the journey gathering knowledge for constructing the depth drive.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
[Transcend 45+7]
You swirl the forming creature with a wave of your hand, slowing its transition into being. Then you breathe out and close your eyes. A moment later you are back in the real world, utterly exhausted.

I'm pretty sure this combination of attacking and diving put you at such low Stamina that working on a tool box is beyond you without a rest first, so we'll have you do that. Also, you can only gather knowledge for one thing at a time and thats your depth dive at the moment.

+5 knowledge to that, by the way.

Continue researching and gathering knowledge for gun-fu and looking up the exploits of famous enginehearts while we drill to pierce the heavens.

No more info available here for your gun-fu. The best way to gain knowledge on that would be to get some combat experience. Especially some up close and personal with a gun as your weapon.

Sifeebt will spar with Nameless, using his vast experience as a Deathless to speed the man's training.  Since I don't have anything better to do, he'll also see about accruing experience towards the skill--it does seem appropriate for a deathless.

Spoiler: Sifeebt (click to show/hide)
Ok, this is gonna be a threeway fight is it? And a rather one sided one judging by your skill. Unless they team up on you. they MIGHT have a chance then.

Keep working on my pistol, if I get the time then start building that flamethrower.
I think the combined 15 hours was probably enough to finish the pistol, but a flame thrower...thats +35. You could start gathering knowledge for it though.

Enhance Blargathron's natural roboty strength by building a pair of diesel gauntlets around his hands. Include an off switch for the engine in case he ever wants to not sound like BRRRBBRRRRB.

Well, the pipe guns are done so hand those out as you like.

[40+12]

Those gauntlets are basically mechanical braces that enclose the whole arm up to the shoulder and allow you to punch quite hard. They also have a big, neat exhaust manifold and engine that rumble away right on the shoulder like a pauldron. The materials are not so complex but the construction is. There's a lot of very complex feedback mechanisms to make sure you punch when you want and don't snap your fucking arm in half. Or His arm, more accurately. So you're gonna need 25 hours to make it and then 5 hours with him to calibrate it to him. 6 Moves of the drill.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2017, 12:31:59 am »

((I was thinking with fists, and to exhaustion.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2017, 12:35:46 am »

YO, ROLLCALL TIME. EVERYONE WHO'S ALREADY ADDED ONE OF MY PIPE PISTOLS TO THEIR SHEET, SAY SO. ANYONE WHO HASN'T ADDED ONE TO THEIR SHEET, BUT WANTS ONE, ADD IT AND TELL ME.

For simplicity's sake, let's assume that I made those seen pistols and then rested. Starting this turn with full stamina and beginning the powerfist now.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 07:13:04 pm by Egan_BW »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2017, 12:48:57 am »

I've got a pipe pistol

Could I try to muddle my way through making a knife even though I have zero build?

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 02:47:23 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2017, 02:23:39 am »

Added my technique to my sheet. Check the costs and see if they are fair. Seem a little high to me, but acceptable.

Nameless will fight with his machete and will attack Sifeebt immediately, ignoring Vokun.

Nameless will leap immediately at Sifeebt, attempting to knock him off his feet with a body check (and swinging the machete if that doesn't interfere with a Move attack). He'll ignore Vokun (the other spar partner) this round.
I don't know how combining a Move action and an attack action would work in this system. Primary action is Move - flying leap. Secondary action, if applicable, is swing machete.

((I read the rules about combat and realise that was pointless))

Nameless will yield once his body has taken significant damage. Say, between 50 and 75% He will stop attacking one spar partner if that partner yields or is unable to continue the fight or looks in danger of dying immediately.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 02:44:47 am by Ozarck »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2017, 03:02:23 am »

YO, ROLLCALL TIME. EVERYONE WHO'S ALREADY ADDED ONE OF MY PIPE PISTOLS TO THEIR SHEET, SAY SO. ANYONE WHO HASN'T ADDED ONE TO THEIR SHEET, BUT WANTS ONE, ADD IT AND TELL ME.
((Guess I'll take one. Until I can build myself something better, we'll go with this. Thanks!))

I'd like to do either (or both? I'm not sure if we're in timeskip mode or in regular time) of the following things:
1) Start building a Soldier’s suit. That's 15 in bonus but -7 in malus, so +8 total. Does that make it a 8+20=28 or 15+20=35 roll? I'm guessing the latter.
2) Act as a medic for the fight between Vokun, Nameless and Sifeebt. Dunno if they'll need a medic (dunno how sparring works and if it does real damage), if not ignore this.

After a well-deserved rest, Darvaza saunters up to the bridge to take a better look around. Noticing the mad bling it has been decorated with, he whistles and turns to the pilot.
"Nice setup you have here."

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 09:32:19 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2017, 03:08:39 am »

((as long as none of us get any Wounds, we'll recover body based on our recover stat. If there are wounds, they are recovered over time, apparently. Since I am using a weapon, there might be wounds. probably not on my target, of course, since I'd need a 25 roll to actually hit. or 15 if the other guy engages him as well.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2017, 12:46:24 pm »

Cooperate with the meatbag that wants to let me punch better.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2017, 12:55:22 pm »

a pity, continue searching the archives for Famous Enginehearts and their exploits.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:47:28 pm by Pancaek »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 70