Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 39806 times)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 28
« Reply #360 on: April 13, 2017, 07:25:27 pm »

"I think that crown is giving you the wrong impression of yourself. Fair question, poor execution. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that snake is still kickin' and I had intended to go get something a little handier than what I have now, if that suits his majesty. I see the plots swirlin' in yer eyes. I've been tryin' to figure out fancy new ways to use my loot and I'm up short, and I'm tired of sittin' around. Got some better ideas?

By the way, I wonder, what with yer new limbs, can you prime the cannon?"

Dialogue

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 13, 2017, 08:09:14 pm »

"That snark is completely unwarranted. You misunderstand. The Book of the Great Green One is the codex that I was taught from by the ones that raised me, written by a Looter much greater than you or I. Delusions of grandeur aren't something I bother with. Besides, even if you did kill the snake you'd probably just get something sure to kill you instead of just possibly killing you like the keytar. But, since you seem to be so dead set on doing it I might be willing to prime the cannon for you. You don't need the ruby to fire it. And I have an idea for a better method of transportation." 

Dialogue. Not giving up the ruby.

((Action edited.))
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 08:17:25 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 13, 2017, 08:36:35 pm »

"Eh, if I get something guaranteed to kill me, it'll be an impressive end. And I get antsy in one place for too long, forgive me. I'm here for action and murder, dammit! If I don't need the ruby then, hey, I don't need it. Though if I change my mind about using that couch, mind if I borrow it then?"

Ride along! If it works, stand near-ish the edge and watch for anything worth sniping

"Oh! My idea was to use the ruby and ring to drain the swamp, or use the cannon to burn it to ash. Y'know, whichever came first. Forgot to mention that part, huh"
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 08:41:13 pm by Paphi »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 13, 2017, 08:58:13 pm »

Spoiler: New Sheet! (click to show/hide)
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 13, 2017, 09:05:05 pm »

Getting back into this. ((Am I allowed to have the stats as they are here?))

Spoiler: New Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 01:02:52 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 13, 2017, 09:24:48 pm »

"If you use the couch, you can borrow it. If you wanted to drain the swamp, using the affinity from the couch enhancement to make the plants soak up all the moisture might work too and Grahm and I could combine to make it even stronger without the negative effects of the ring. But if this works it shouldn't matter since we can just rain death from above. I personally want to kill the stone wolf, to see if I can get a matching leg to the one I've got.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:50:18 pm by Beirus »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 13, 2017, 09:40:28 pm »

Step onto our noble steed, assuming earth-based flight works as expected. Begin reinforcing it with vines and roots. We'll have a proper skyship, in due time.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 14, 2017, 02:06:52 am »

Will try to get a turn out soon, but Unsanity is sort of overdue at this point. Don't think I'm missing anyone at least. Also the snake is indeed still alive. You probably shouldn't know that, but hey meta gaming is legal I guess. Sir Knight, you still reading this? Regardless, I need an action from Wipeout still. Will start rolling out unrelated people though.

Getting back into this. ((Am I allowed to have the stats as they are here?))
Spoiler: New Sheet (click to show/hide)
Stats can't go below -3. Besides which, you didn't assign the free +. You've got -7 and +7 total. I'll probably just chop off that last - in affinity, and it'll be a legal sheet. Sound good? Fallacy is definitely in.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:37:53 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 14, 2017, 09:28:44 pm »

((Sounds good.))
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 29
« Reply #369 on: April 17, 2017, 09:55:25 am »

There will be no ruby grabbing. I will enforce this with non-lethal force, like an earth coffin or tomb around his body up to the neck or something, with enough room for his chest to expand so he can breath, and taking the pistol away through the earth. Unless he tries to use force to take it, at which point I'll use lethal force in whatever manner the GM thinks would be most effective and entertaining without endangering myself or Grahm or my loot. Anyway, assuming Hagrow doesn't do something detrimental to his health, use my earth control to move the couch over by the cannon, and then separate and levitate a chunk of earth under it big enough to comfortably hold myself, Hagrow, Grahm, the couch, and the cannon. Time to go mobile.
Step onto our noble steed, assuming earth-based flight works as expected. Begin reinforcing it with vines and roots. We'll have a proper skyship, in due time.
Ride along! If it works, stand near-ish the edge and watch for anything worth sniping
(I don't really think speed rolls are needed here to be honest. All it will really do is alter Hagrow and Grahm's order, as their actions sort of hinge of Greeny's.)

Hagrow changes his mind, and doesn't take the ruby after much debate. Meanwhile, Greeny starts building an earthen platform for the group to ride on.

Greeny Aff: 4+6=10
Greeny Aff: 1+6=7
They start by moving the couch to the cannon, and are successful in that. He tries to lift a platform out of the earth with the whole group on it, but can't quite manage it due to the weight of the couch and cannon. Maybe he didn't put enough oomph into it? Regardless, he makes some progress on construction.

Grahm Aff: 5+3=8
Grahm begins to reinforce the structure with vines and such, making it more durable, but also a bit more flammable. His nature power might be able to lift some of the weight if he arranges things well.

Hagrow Aff: 6+1=7(How do you guys always get such good priming rolls.)
Hagrow End: 6+1=7
Hagrow stands atop the structure, and primes the cannon. It doesn't take very much blood, but it seems like a strong charge all the same. His pistol heals the wound almost instantly. I wonder if anyone here forgot that Hagrow is naked. He sort of has been the entire game. Also the couch isn't ready yet.

Push him backwards with shields and slashes! Slash his legs off!
GRASS, ATTACK MY FOE, JUMP INTO HIS BACK LIKE A RAIN OF ARROWS!!!

Merling Spd: 5-3=2
Awesome Spd: 1=1

Merling Aff: 5+3=8
Awesome Aff: 5+3=8
Awesome Aff: 3+3=6
Merling Spd: 6-3=3
Merling End: 4+2=6

Merling raises their orb, and fires off a volley of plant arrows from the surrounding terrain! Awesome shields the attack just barely! They retaliate with a slash at the elderly wizard's leg, which makes a small cut in it!

Run around the ravine and go up to the cavetop entrance.
Cross the ravine and swing at Sophia if she gets near enough.
Quote from: Wipeout
Auto: Fly South.
(The earth barrier is a separate thing.)

Sparky Spd: 2+5=7
Sophie Spd: 5+1=6
Depf Spd: 4+1=5

Sparky starts running around the ravine.
Sophie flies south back over the ravine.
Depf makes it to the hill.

What a goose chase we have going on here.

Map: http://imgur.com/a/Zn2Py
Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 17, 2017, 10:07:37 am »

Grass, Attack, KILL HIM FOR ME!!!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 17, 2017, 01:42:37 pm »

Run up to Deph Depf and take a shot with my shotgun.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 08:39:51 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 17, 2017, 02:20:34 pm »

((I wonder if the people at the cave will wake up the hydra. That would be fun.))

This platform needs more oomph, so give it more oomph. And safety railings/walls, but not so high they block our attacks. Maybe diaphragm height. And a fortification for the cannon to shoot through. 

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 17, 2017, 09:28:13 pm »

Return the pistol being that I seem fine now. Check couch. Loan ruby and equip ring if couch is ready. Otherwise, wait.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 18, 2017, 05:22:03 pm »

Fly at Sparky and begin throwing Deadly darts at him.
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27