Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 40058 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 12
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2017, 02:33:19 pm »

I... really don't have anything that could damage the bear and/or the bars, so just stand watch and shoot at anyone who would interfere with Operation: Get Nice Guy Out of a Cage.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 12
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2017, 03:11:28 pm »

Just need ATHATH again, but apparently they haven't been on for 3 days or so. Will wait a little longer though.

Edit: Turn will probably be on the 25th, unless they post sooner.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:06:46 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 13
« Reply #182 on: January 25, 2017, 05:37:44 pm »

Turn 13

Kick a holy spear at the magma bear. Also drain it if I can.
Wield the keytar like an axe and defend while goading the bear to charge, with the goal of dodging and having it break the bars. If that fails shoot its damn face before it burnmauls me to death.
I... really don't have anything that could damage the bear and/or the bars, so just stand watch and shoot at anyone who would interfere with Operation: Get Nice Guy Out of a Cage.
Quote from: Bear
Rawr!

Greeny Spd: 6+3=9
Bear Spd: 6=6
Hagrow Spd: 4+2=6
Grahm Spd: 1+3=4

Greeny Aff: 2+3=5
Greeny Dex: 6-2=4
Bear Spd: 5=5
Greeny Aff: 6+3=9
Bear Aff: 3=3
Bear End: 2+2=4

Bear Dex: 3+3=6
Hagrow Spd: 3+2=5
Bear Str: 2+3=5
Hagrow End: 1+1=2(That's not going to be pleasant.)
Bear Aff: 4=4

Greeny skates towards the cage at high speed, and thrusts his leg out, letting loose a holy spear! The bear narrowly avoids this attack! Not deterred, Greeny raises their crystal to try to drain the bear, and it seems to work! Lava continues to fall off the bear's body, covering more of the area in molten rock. If this continues, it'll become more difficult to dodge the bear's attacks.

The bear continues its assault, and swings a molten claw at Hagrow's chest! It makes a direct hit, tearing off a big chunk of flesh! Much of the wound is cauterized by the magma, but this only worsens the damage!

Hagrow Dex: 4+1=5
Bear Spd: 4=4
Bear End: 2-1=1
Bear End: 3
Hagrow Dex: 5+1=6
Bear Spd: 4=4
Hagrow Str: 3-2+1=2
Bear End: 4-1=3

Hagrow is unable to lure the bear into attacking the cage, and fires off a shot from Greeny's pistol. The fang strikes directly in the bear's chest, knocking it back a bit. The fang breaks off a few large pieces of stone! The fluid doesn't seem to be doing much, however. Hagrow follows up with a thrust of the pistol, the mouth releasing a small fang during the swing! However, the fang does little damage to the bear's rough exterior. The pistol does confer a small amount of healing as usual, of course.

Grahm heads east towards the river, looking to stop any that would cross, and interfere with this battle. He sees a couple of people in the distance, along with a large explosion. He can't quite identify them, however.

"Keep on shooting at Rautherdir"
Hit Sparky with my Ice Kama, and try and steal the shotgun.
Quote from: Reaperweed-Auto
That's some pretty neat loot over there. Maybe I should do something about it... Nah.

Sparky Spd: 4+3=7
Rautherdir Spd: 4+2=6
Reaperweed Spd: 1+3=4

Sparky Dex: 6+1=7
Rautherdir Spd: 5-2=3
Rautherdir End: 1-4=-3(Youch. Anything short of a 6 would have been death, but this is just overkill.)

Sparky fires off a single shot, and Rautherdir is unable to avoid it. At such point blank range, his torso immediately flies apart into a shower of gore, the force of the shot sending them flying backwards. The shot is so deadly that even the remaining grenades on their chest detonate with a furious cacophony. When the smoke clears, little is left of Rautherdir but a fine pink mist. With that, another member of the original 8 combatants is defeated.

Rautherdir is Dead!

Sparky Luk: 3+1+1+2=7

As the mist fades, a green cape appears around Sparky's shoulders. They already feel a higher connection to magic, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything else yet. It's pretty stylish though!

Reaperweed stands in wait. Perhaps an alliance would be a good idea?

Shoot him in the chest with the Fire card.
Nobody is silent as he rips the spear out of his leg and stabs Brutus in the chest with it.

Nobody Spd: 3=3
Brutus Spd: 5-2=3

Nobody Str: 2=2
Nobody End: 5=5

Nobody pulls with all their strength, but can't remove the spear from their leg! They don't worsen things, at least.

Brutus Dex: 6+1=7
Nobody Spd: 4-1(Pinned)=3
Nobody End: 1=1
Brutus End: 2+2=4

Brutus takes the time to stand back a bit, and switches the selected card on his bow. With another pull, the bow loads a flaming arrow. Brutus easily takes the shot, planting the flaming arrow directly into Nobody's body. Nobody is quickly incinerated by the shot, resulting in their death. Brutus continues to bleed, slowly becoming faint, but still holding on. If they don't treat them self soon, they could pass out.

Nobody is Dead!

Brutus Luk: 3+1+2+1=7

As all evidence that Nobody was ever here disappears with a pop, a large portal appears before Brutus. With the roar of an engine, a fancy red sports car flies out of the portal at high speed. The makes an abrupt stop by smashing into a tree by Brutus, only to go into reverse and move back a bit. Before his eyes, the car's front slowly begins to repair itself. The door pops open on its own, revealing 2 comfy looking seats.

Jones goes due East, trying to circumvent the ravine.

(Well, looks like you all get to see more map now.)

Spd: 2-2=0

Despite their travel east, they can't yet see a way past the ravine. However, as they travel up the hill, they see a large pseudo transparent barrier. Well, not see perhaps. It is more of a sense of knowing that they can't travel beyond this point, at least not yet.

SMJesus has spawned!

SMJesus Luk: -2+3=1 (Been awhile since we had a luk roll this low.)

SMJesus appears in the swamp, and looks upon their waiver. It turns into an ordinary plastic Frisbee. Oh.

Derick Edward Alen Tommy Horstashio the Third has Spawned! (No way am I saying that every time.)

Derick Luk: 3=3

Derick appears by the barrier. They reach for their waiver, only for it to turn into what looks like a collapsible baton. They press the button, and it expands into a metal scourge with no less than 5 whips. Could be deadly.

Sophie Luk: 4+2=6

Sophie Lou 2.0 spawns in the rocky terrain. Their waiver becomes a blood spattered shotgun. They feel like their aim was improved.

https://imgur.com/a/GhiLq

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Gonna pm ATHATH again after this, but otherwise Sparky is probably just going to get a free kill.

This map is getting way too huge now, just gonna give a link to it from now on rather than an embed.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 06:48:06 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 25, 2017, 05:41:31 pm »

D.E.A.T.H Walks to the west.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 25, 2017, 05:49:33 pm »

Oh shiiiiiiiiiit waddup. Now THATS loot.

Pit both my weapons in the passenger seat, then drive straight at Hagrow. Unless there's a column or something in the way, then try to get a better angle. Oh, and be sure to buckle up. Safety, yo
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 05:52:16 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 25, 2017, 05:50:33 pm »

Jones begins to murder the monkey (Crazyabe).
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 25, 2017, 05:53:12 pm »

Jones begins to murder the monkey (Crazyabe).
Action change, Give him some lashes ta tha face if he gets anywhere near me.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2017, 06:00:38 pm »

"Give me the ring!"

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 25, 2017, 06:18:54 pm »

Head into the swamp and try to look for any other Walking Lootbags.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2017, 07:34:48 pm »

Wait, I posted a character on the waitlist!
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2017, 08:03:41 pm »

Wait, I posted a character on the waitlist!

Ah damn, how did I miss that. I'll add you in retroactively I guess, though you won't show up on the map because of reasons.

Edit: You're in, with another ranged weapon that improves dexterity like before. Funny how these things go.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 08:13:53 pm by Person »

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2017, 03:49:09 am »

Walk over to the forest.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2017, 08:50:11 am »

PM'd
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 11:15:21 am by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 26, 2017, 10:42:00 am »

Okay then, here's a new character.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Either free loot or extreme potency. We'll see what the dice say.))
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 26, 2017, 01:44:33 pm »

Just need Beirus, Whisperling, and ATHATH.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27