Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189814 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1005 on: January 01, 2017, 10:31:58 pm »

How do trappers work? Apparently, mine does not seem to have the skill to actually trap anything. Trees are supposed to give a significant bonus to trapping(ancient gives +25 - enough to trap anything), but trapping can only take place at the trappers' lodge, and that cannot be built in forests. This sucks, I paid a lot for those coats - and they were great coats.
I think you just build it close to those trees and those trees provide kind of a nearby bonus or something, similar to how hunting works.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 01, 2017, 10:45:13 pm »

Uh, no forest provide trapping bonus.  What you are missing is the temp the furs can be harvested in.  Which shouldn't be a problem unless you some how are in the far south where no one else is.

Do you mean hunting?  Cause that has the same problem.  Different animals can only be hunted in different temperature ranges.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 01, 2017, 10:55:09 pm »

It is not temperature - Ermine requires -25°C to 0°, Fur requires -25° to +20°. Broadbill is currently freezing its collective asses off at -13°. And hunting works perfectly fine for me, it's a major source of income for me. I'll note that the trapper in question has a Trapping skill of +12, while fur requires 20 and ermine needs 50.

I was wrong about the trees bonus - I scrolled down too far in the help list and looked at Woodcutting :-[.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 02, 2017, 02:15:23 am »

I honestly do wonder what the reasoning behind instituting a maximum price of goods.
While I like the game a lot, this is one thing I don't like about it.

Having maximum prices, and having some magical AI with bottomless pockets buy everything at a minimum, kind of dumbs down the economy of this game.

I wonder if it was done this way in some kind of misguided attempt to make everything fair.  Or, they just didn't want to put much thought into the economic side of things.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 02, 2017, 03:57:57 am »

Getting a coronet on Zaldor is a pain.
I've had an open buy order for 11 days now, and still didn't get one. <.<

If anybody here is able to craft one and located on Zaldor, here is your chance to earn 4000 gold.  :P
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 02, 2017, 05:29:33 am »

So Wolves Den has now become The Lordship of Wolves Den! also gonna hit 30 settlers soon.

If i want to expand borders next to my vassal do i need his permission?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 05:40:10 am by HARD »

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 02, 2017, 07:26:40 am »

So Wolves Den has now become The Lordship of Wolves Den! also gonna hit 30 settlers soon.

If the lord isn't dead, then yes. You even need to grant your own characters permission if you expand beside your own territory owned by your other character.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 02, 2017, 07:59:20 am »

If the lord isn't dead, then yes. You even need to grant your own characters permission if you expand beside your own territory owned by your other character.

Well yeah thats true, just tested that, the thing is he has a one hier, who is a vassal of powerful guy, so i cant kill that heir, killing only the domain owner when heir is alive wont get me a thing right?

But im not sure, does heir automaticly takes over the domain or he have to go there and select the action?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 08:05:42 am by HARD »

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 02, 2017, 08:07:53 am »

I stared playing this thing!  :D
https://www.landsoflords.com/map/04564W21855N

I have a neighbor who last played on Dec. 11th. and will be declared inactive soon.
If my lord and some woodcutters "accidentally" end up killing him I can hasten this process? Or should I just wait. He has no heirs or any political connections.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 02, 2017, 08:09:54 am »

you should 'speed up' that process, u will have to wait 7 days anyway before u can take over
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 09:51:05 am by HARD »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 02, 2017, 08:11:32 am »

Straw is becoming scarce. Very scarce. Looking at the prices though, I'm surprised a Tetran with a seaport doesn't just import a ton of cheap straw from Error, and sell at maximum price, of which there are over 70,000 buy offers at. On the other hand, I don't know how intercontinental trade works as I am completely landlocked.

you should 'speed up' that process, u will have to wait 7 weeks anyway before u can take over

7 weeks? Pretty sure it's just one week.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 02, 2017, 08:23:18 am »

Error doesn't have a ton of straw for Tetra to import, the only movement on the market is a couple thousand kg every week or two (which I suspect is just allied domains transferring pre-winter stocks between themselves).

And yeah, one week; I think HARD meant 7 days.

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 02, 2017, 09:22:01 am »

Im confused when it comes to charcoal burning. Help says 50t, but my wood is stored in m3. How do I know how much of a certain type of wood m3 = t? (im guessing it differs depending on wood).

Also, is there a "best" wood for charcoal burning?

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 02, 2017, 09:33:15 am »

Im confused when it comes to charcoal burning. Help says 50t, but my wood is stored in m3. How do I know how much of a certain type of wood m3 = t? (im guessing it differs depending on wood).

Also, is there a "best" wood for charcoal burning?

Beech is best with +20 bonus. Then Oak, Pear, and Ash with +15. Ash is a superior tool wood though so I wouldn't use that. Pear is a fruit so probably not that either. Beech and Oak are both decently dense for a wood. Looking at something like 70m3 of wood per batch of charcoal at 715kg/m3 oak has.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 02, 2017, 09:33:56 am »

See the ingame help page for that wood. For each wood and stone you can see it's density (kg/m3).
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 161