Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189815 times)

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1035 on: January 02, 2017, 02:42:47 pm »

Does anyone know what the point of carters is? Or for that matter what is useful about using wagons, carts, or horses as optional resources for training guys?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 02, 2017, 03:16:59 pm »

Necklaces are marginally more useful than rings because you need them to train ladies of pleasure.  Still not exactly going to be in high demand, but slightly more of a market for them than rings.

Carters - they contribute Carriage skill for tasks that include "Carriage depending on the resources" in the requirements on their help page.  Nobody seems to be entirely sure exactly how/when that helps (impact on stuff like houses and basic workshops is apparently minor), but the theory is it helps for the larger high-end buildings that involve a lot of (heavy?) resources, like building palaces and stuff.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 02, 2017, 04:59:18 pm »

My experience with carters has been that the dedicated carriage skill is completely useless, and they actually perform worse overall than the typical untrained settler (at least for smaller buildings anyway, have not tried with the very large buildings). I think it may only matter if you tried to build something like a wall with a lot of hauling that's far from your original starting square, but even then you'd probably be way better off just giving the carting equipment to the units themselves.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 02, 2017, 05:01:36 pm »

Wait, are build times/quality modified by distance from your square?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 02, 2017, 05:07:16 pm »

I don't think quality is, but build times appear to be:

https://www.landsoflords.com/forum/57823

And maybe the carriage skill reduces it. It's all very foggy, I don't think there's any documentation anywhere on how exactly carriage, sawing, and stonecutting work.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 02, 2017, 05:56:38 pm »

but almost every unit can be outfitted with wagons...

so why bother with carters anyways?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 02, 2017, 07:16:02 pm »

Oh, hey, someone stole the spot I wanted to put a second town in. I smell a soon-to-be vassal.

Is it the one at 00617W:23488N?

If so, I too am interested in murdering my way into a spot near there.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 02, 2017, 07:55:31 pm »

Yeah, I've been in frequent contact with Camillusland. Can't speak to relations currently, it depends on how he views the unfavorable borders in the north that have come about.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 02, 2017, 09:45:26 pm »

Also, a note to everyone who are just playing solo or arent in the discord.

Even though you have low-quality materials or deplete your high-quality ones, your workers' skill and equipment can actually make up for it. So you may wish to look for as many resources as possible in a location rather than one or two really HQ ones.

Cheers.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 03, 2017, 01:05:16 am »

Worry about other resources more when it comes to your starting location, such as wood. You'll spend a lot more on wood than you would iron most of the time.

Seconded.
I'm still a fairly new player, producing and selling lime clay and wood, and about 95% of my income comes from the wood. And it's not even rare or high quality wood, mostly just 50% quality pine. A small forest and a couple of woodcutters with high quality axes will go a long way.

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 03, 2017, 04:46:01 am »

How does tool quality affect wood harvesting/felling? Speed, quality?

Also, any tips for hunting? I have a lot of forest that gives me +hunting and a Hunter Shelter on the edge of that forest. Where should I place my hunter to hunt?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 04:47:58 am by Vibe »

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 03, 2017, 04:48:43 am »

How does tool quality affect wood harvesting/felling? Speed, quality?

Also, any tips for hunting? I have a lot of forest that gives me +hunting and a Hunter Shelter on the edge of that forest. Where should I place my hunter to hunt?

For tree felling, both - see https://www.landsoflords.com/help/act/calculation (higher quality tools give higher skill boost).

For hunting, the Hunter Shelter is best built on meadows or shrubland since those terrains give a bonus to hunting (which will stack with the bonus the shelter gives), it can't be built on the same tile as trees and the surrounding tiles don't matter.  For forest hunting, just pick the tree tile with the highest hunting bonus (again, best if it's on meadows or shrubland to stack the bonuses).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 04:53:41 am by Biowraith »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 03, 2017, 05:32:02 am »

Yeah, skills and especially tools are more important for resource quality than deposit quality. If applicable, the building quality is also helpful. Also, if a raw resource goes through more than one process, such as iron(ore->iron->stuff), each process can improve the quality.

Depending on the process, some ingredients have more or less effect on the final quality than others. For example, I'm putting out pretty good quality chickens despite 0% quality drinking water. And some materials provide a skill bonus when used for certain types of processes. Ash is good for tools, beech is good for charcoal, rosewood is good for bows, weirwood tends to be good for everything(but is nearly impossible to obtain). It took me a while to figure out that in the multiple selector for resources, the one at the top of the list is the best choice.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 03, 2017, 05:37:16 am »

Thanks for the good explanations! I take it Ore reduction (iron ore to iron) speed is not affected by which fuel you're using, even though the skill is Fire x70?

I tried swapping low quality Larch with medium quality Charcoal and while it does improve the quality of iron, it does not affect the time at all.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 03, 2017, 05:55:27 am »

According to the help topic the skill bonus from the fuel does/should impact the duration of the task, but yeah I'm seeing the same thing as you, no change with different fuel choices.  I'm not really sure why that is.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 161