Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189535 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #705 on: December 25, 2016, 08:39:14 am »

Started a couple days ago, and I've made just about every mistake possible. It's a fun learning experience though!

I started in a region with no outstanding tiles, only a few +20 trees and some +13 ploughing lands; and no rare resources, though I've got a decent selection of basic resources.
Built 3 fiends of grains before figuring out that they don't grow in my perpetually -5 degrees winter wonderland, so I had to destroy this fields and replant with vegetables which are more resilient.
I built an archery shop, before discovering that pine(which all my trees are) is useless for making bows, so I had to remove that and replace it with a furniture shop so I can make chairs and trade them for bows.
I built a clay pit right in the middle of my area, before discovering that additional clay pits need to be 4 tiles apart(on the east/west/north/south axis; diagonal tiles don't count), so I had to remove that pit and rebuild elsewhere so that I can fit multiple pits in my territory.

A couple noob questions...
Is there anything I can do to help rested status recover faster?
Why can't I teach anything at the school I built?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 25, 2016, 08:46:00 am »

My new hunter has begun hunting. Hunt times are roughly half what they were, and the quality of output jumped from 0% to around 50%. This also means the resulting quivers made from the hides will go up in quality, bringing in a higher price per piece.

In the meantime, I seem to have lost a significant amount of wood because my charcoal burner somehow had his automatic labor turned on - which I certainly did NOT have active. At least, I don't have to worry about fuel for the time being. While it not be until at least tomorrow before I can reach the iron deposit, I'm getting the forge set up.

In my other domain, the usurped Zythland, I have begun copper and sandstone extraction. Unfortunately, there isn't much else I can do there until it warms up, as it's previous ruler thought to make it an agricultural settlement. In the middle of winter.

Hawkwood's first brothel is now operational! Now to see how effective it is.  :D
The helpfile only says that it requires a specialization of a house, yet I have no option for it on any of the houses I've built. Does it require the other materials of a prostitutes trade, perfumes, etc.?

A couple noob questions...
Is there anything I can do to help rested status recover faster?
Why can't I teach anything at the school I built?

1: Happiness is important - this is largely a function of the people having money to buy goods, which comes from wages at midnight server time. As far as I know, also moving them into a house to rest will recover faster.

2: You need to have other prerequisites for each profession. Most of the time, this is having certain resources in your stock - or having had them at some point, even if you no longer do(though you'll likely need them again for training or production).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 25, 2016, 08:51:20 am »

Hawkwood's first brothel is now operational! Now to see how effective it is.  :D
The helpfile only says that it requires a specialization of a house, yet I have no option for it on any of the houses I've built. Does it require the other materials of a prostitutes trade, perfumes, etc.?

This threw me at first as well. I finally realized however that the houses cannot be part of a street or crossing. They have to just be houses.

Here you can see the brothel setup, Just 4 huts upgraded into a House.

Edit: Looks like the charms gives +4 and the house +6 happiness, so each time they consume or try to consume something they get +10 added to whatever they got.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 08:53:33 am by nate9090 »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 25, 2016, 09:00:48 am »

Ah, I get it, it's gotta be off in some secluded alley, away from the eyes of the more upstanding citizens(who all secretly go there).

Also, you've got 1 girl for 9 men. Damn, they must be busy.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 25, 2016, 09:04:39 am »

Ah, I get it, it's gotta be off in some secluded alley, away from the eyes of the more upstanding citizens(who all secretly go there).

Also, you've got 1 girl for 9 men. Damn, they must be busy.

That they are, haha, didn't even give them a chance to rest after their training. Also I'm trying to see if the happiness bonus will go to my second domains men that are there as well, though somehow I doubt it.

Edit: Actually, I think it might just be working. One of the settlers got a +16 from bread, his previous was a +4 from sausages. He was also already really happy and is now 96%

Now someone needs to diplomatically ask someone that has a brothel nearby them to let them test it out to see if it only works if the visitors are vassals of the one they are visiting.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 09:08:44 am by nate9090 »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 25, 2016, 10:35:20 am »

So I'm idly scrolling around my settlement, waiting for some of my workers to finish their projects.
Notice that the clay around my city varies in quality all the way from 1 1/2* to (just under) 5*... notice that I'm only mining the 3* clay (with only a 1 3/4* clay pit, since it was one of my first built structures.)

Time to build out some roads and a new pit!

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 25, 2016, 11:01:19 am »

So since I am trying out this game as well, where are you guys/where should I settle?

Edit: found some coordinated in the north on the last page. I guess I go there somewhere, but how do I find out a good spot?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 11:07:58 am by rumpel »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 25, 2016, 11:24:12 am »

So since I am trying out this game as well, where are you guys/where should I settle?

Edit: found some coordinated in the north on the last page. I guess I go there somewhere, but how do I find out a good spot?

well--an abundance of lumber is one requirement--though wood is cheap, you'll hemorrhage money if you have to purchase all your building materials. Some manner of stone is also preferable for the same reason. A site by water is also preferable. Lastly, if you can, you'll want some sort of industrial resource--metal, bricks (clayey soil), emeralds, etc.

If you're in the North, the quality of your plains/meadows won't matter a whole bunch as farming isn't really your primary concern (nor possible at this point in the winter.) You might still want to invest in a good meadow for import-based horse breeding.

Ideally for a REALLY GOOD site, you'll want at least one resource at 4-5 stars and several more 3 star ones.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 25, 2016, 11:38:16 am »

I think I might be able to get some money in by importing cheap wood and selling charcoal. I just bought a stack of maple for ~571g to make 10k charcoal which sells direct to the market at 0.1g a unit before tax. I also offloaded 8000 charcoal for immediate profit. Lime(currently producing) might even be more profitable since I already produce limestone and takes 1000 charcoal for 10k lime. I'm still wishing steel was in for a very high-end metal using iron, (char)coal, and limestone.

I expect profits to increase once I actually reach my iron deposit and get miners, refiners, etc. trained.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 25, 2016, 11:41:35 am »

If you're on Tetra--Iron is cheap as fuck. The real profits will come from tools, weapons, or nails.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 25, 2016, 12:04:17 pm »

If you're on Tetra--Iron is cheap as fuck. The real profits will come from tools, weapons, or nails.

Someone please make cheap ploughs. I need a ploughman but the cost on Tetra for 10 is 11.5k right now! Otherwise I'm going to have to setup a tool factory and everything just to get some  :'( I rather build huts!

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 25, 2016, 12:22:29 pm »

Good news, you only need 5 ploughs to train a ploughman.  Bad news, they are made one at a time and take several hours and cost 5 times the amount of resources as any other tool.

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 25, 2016, 12:23:47 pm »

If you want to be down south. Check out around...

03826W:15650N

Babylon is my domain, its a lordship now. Its getting lighthouse foundations too.

I have another domain down south, but its a lot smaller. Hoping to get the gold near it soon

05645W:17287N

Babylon is my best place though. Hoping to get my first vassal too, for Babylon. Plus its on Tetra, which has a really cheap market to build up a city. Big empires down south though.

Oh, hey your right beside me almost! I didn't even know you were there. (Well I looked Babylon over before, but didn't realize that it was you.) We'll pretty much be bordering each other, once Clayleu goes inactive. I plan to nab everything east and south of 03767W:15600N as all those small domains are inactive and I wiped their rulers out earlier. Just waiting on the timer before I can claim them now.

Will have to think of some roleplay we can do. Hawkwood always needs more domains to sell their loot goods.

Awesome! That is great we will be neighbors. I do have to expand east maybe once or twice, because clay is in the way and can't expand anywhere else, so i gotta wait for him to be gone. therwise I mostly focusing west/north

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 25, 2016, 12:48:23 pm »

If you want to be down south. Check out around...

03826W:15650N

Babylon is my domain, its a lordship now. Its getting lighthouse foundations too.

I have another domain down south, but its a lot smaller. Hoping to get the gold near it soon

05645W:17287N

Babylon is my best place though. Hoping to get my first vassal too, for Babylon. Plus its on Tetra, which has a really cheap market to build up a city. Big empires down south though.

Oh, hey your right beside me almost! I didn't even know you were there. (Well I looked Babylon over before, but didn't realize that it was you.) We'll pretty much be bordering each other, once Clayleu goes inactive. I plan to nab everything east and south of 03767W:15600N as all those small domains are inactive and I wiped their rulers out earlier. Just waiting on the timer before I can claim them now.

Will have to think of some roleplay we can do. Hawkwood always needs more domains to sell their loot goods.

Awesome! That is great we will be neighbors. I do have to expand east maybe once or twice, because clay is in the way and can't expand anywhere else, so i gotta wait for him to be gone. therwise I mostly focusing west/north

I think clay will probably leave the game. From what I've seen he mostly builds one road segment a day. He had his second character sit in one of the inactive domains I'm going to claim, though. I asked him if he was planning to claim hit but he responded he didn't know how to move his second character. Well a few days later I finally showed up with my troops and killed the domain's master, and he promptly left...

Is he actually blocking your expansion, and if he is have you asked him to allow it already? If he is being uncooperative...well dead lords can't deny expansion requests, and although he has all those settlers standing with him a troop or two would make short work of them...

Edit: Someone just wiped out all my bricks, and bought enough to raise the price up to 78~ gold each. I regret I only had 50k worth to sell them...Can't keep more on hand because of space issues :/

Ahh well, time to liquidate some more bricks.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 01:02:12 pm by nate9090 »

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 25, 2016, 01:48:30 pm »

Am I right in thinking that despite it adding +20 Cookery as a raw material, you can't actually use Bison Meat (or Beef, for that matter) in any processes right now?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 161