Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189511 times)

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #690 on: December 24, 2016, 10:05:54 pm »

Is anyone else here still in Zaldor?

There's a Discord group of us centered around Zaldor.

EDIT: Most of Zaldor is pretty much the Discord group. (Except me--im on a Tetran peninsula near Zaldor)
Good to know.  I was starting to wonder if I should move.  It kinda looks like I'm being surrounded by French speakers who are all allied and have never said a word to me.

I'm Ettenville and Blackmarsh.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 24, 2016, 10:30:30 pm »

Ya, North is the way to go. Though you'll lack food, you'll still be able to harvest some from meadows. Add the bountiful lumber and mining industries--the North is the perfect place to really expand into ANY industry other than the food industry--even breeding can be profitable on an imported food, exported animal basis.

Also you can find weirwoods. Among other treats. Again, the North favors most industries other than food.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 24, 2016, 11:09:22 pm »

And yet, somehow, I can't build a road that comes out of a square  ::)

describe that in a little more detail, are you trying to build a road over huts or something?
No, I have a second domain. And what I figured I'd do for some easy money is set up a brickyard. However both the digging site itself and the tilery need road access, and roads can only come out of streets. Now I'm stuck selling off my initial stocks of garbage to build a street. That's actually not as bad as it sounds (I have a lot of garbage and could probably build 2-3 streets without having produced a single item) but it kinda sucks that I have to delay my brickyard for ~3 days for no reason.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 24, 2016, 11:30:46 pm »

ah ya. I have roads all over the place, so that has become less of a problem for me.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 25, 2016, 01:26:23 am »

If you want to be down south. Check out around...

03826W:15650N

Babylon is my domain, its a lordship now. Its getting lighthouse foundations too.

I have another domain down south, but its a lot smaller. Hoping to get the gold near it soon

05645W:17287N

Babylon is my best place though. Hoping to get my first vassal too, for Babylon. Plus its on Tetra, which has a really cheap market to build up a city. Big empires down south though.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 25, 2016, 01:43:04 am »

I have another domain down south, but its a lot smaller. Hoping to get the gold near it soon

Oh hey, that's pretty close to my 2nd domain - Vandelaya

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 25, 2016, 01:50:31 am »

Happy christmas my fellow Armokians, I have made a discord server specifically for Land of Lords. It includes a channel specifically for answering questions about things in the game, which seems like we all need at times. Anyway, look forward to chatting with you all!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 02:14:50 am by Friend Computer »
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 25, 2016, 01:52:49 am »

Oh hey, that's pretty close to my 2nd domain - Vandelaya

Oh hey! Funny coincidence. I saw you up there. Nice to have a friendly neighbor :)

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 25, 2016, 02:12:18 am »

I sorta posted about it a bit ago. But an official post should be better

For those looking for an area down south, check out around 03832W:15649N my domain of Babylon. Its getting a lighthouse. Should be open areas for a good spot around there.

Trevasaurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 25, 2016, 02:35:05 am »

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the equipment on one of my peasants? I would like to upgrade his pickaxe for quarrying.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 25, 2016, 02:41:09 am »

Yes, in the management screen for each unit there's an equipment tab with a list of the items they can equip.  If you have better quality items available in storage there'll be the option to equip them instead (next to the quality indicator).

I'm pretty sure whatever they were using before is lost rather than put back in storage though, and I don't think you can just unequip items (to e.g. give them to someone else).

Edit: though I'm not sure that's possible for Settlers, since they don't have a default gear list.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 02:45:30 am by Biowraith »

Trevasaurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 25, 2016, 02:50:36 am »

Cheers, I forgot that you need 10 pickaxes for quarrying so the option didn't come up with just one. Going to be a lot more expensive than I thought to gear my guys now lol.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 25, 2016, 04:32:31 am »

If you want to be down south. Check out around...

03826W:15650N

Babylon is my domain, its a lordship now. Its getting lighthouse foundations too.

Babylon is my best place though. Hoping to get my first vassal too, for Babylon. Plus its on Tetra, which has a really cheap market to build up a city. Big empires down south though.

Oh, hey your right beside me almost! I didn't even know you were there. (Well I looked Babylon over before, but didn't realize that it was you.) We'll pretty much be bordering each other, once Clayleu goes inactive. I plan to nab everything east and south of 03767W:15600N as all those small domains are inactive and I wiped their rulers out earlier. Just waiting on the timer before I can claim them now.

Will have to think of some roleplay we can do. Hawkwood always needs more domains to sell their loot goods.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 25, 2016, 05:13:22 am »

Seeing as there was none yet, I made a Lands of Lords subreddit!

It's still WIP, but join me at http://reddit.com/r/LandsofLords

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 25, 2016, 08:14:38 am »

Hawkwood's first brothel is now operational! Now to see how effective it is.  :D
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 161