Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185110 times)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2310 on: July 29, 2018, 04:57:02 pm »

Life-leeching fog sounds nice right about now!

Can't do that.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: July 29, 2018, 05:08:56 pm »

exit strategies are for people who don't have battleplates Maybe consider retreat.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: July 29, 2018, 05:49:05 pm »

Hmm... I wonder if "Going though the drider queen's leg" Opened a large enough hole for our mind controlling worms, or TOO large a hole for one...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: July 29, 2018, 06:37:01 pm »

Still no mana, but we've got bodies and blood to drain to keep on our feet.  What's the roof like?  Any chance to collapse a doorway and bury the queen?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: July 30, 2018, 03:42:32 am »

Still no mana, but we've got bodies and blood to drain to keep on our feet.  What's the roof like?  Any chance to collapse a doorway and bury the queen?

I mean, the room is built to house the queen, you will have climb up around 20 meters. And honestly, the ceiling may be dusty, but dwarves know how to make a rock. You'll need explosives.
Also, did I mention that you have a very, very real chance of dying right now?
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: July 30, 2018, 03:51:58 am »

See, this is why we need a m72 law.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: July 30, 2018, 04:10:27 am »

Well, running sounds like a plan.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: July 30, 2018, 12:42:33 pm »

It's not running

it's strategical retreat

Did we see what there is in the front door? we got two options, run through the door that the queen can't pass, or run through the front door and hope we can dodge zombies and that the zombies will run through her

oh damn it, run through the small door, she will make enough noise to attract all zombies in the vicinity and the door is open

she will keep distracted long enough so we can call our friends
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: July 30, 2018, 02:46:40 pm »

Also, we're going to need one of those stimpacks to keep moving.

That TK takes out hiding by staying close to, or climbing, the queen, but it's still a possibility if things get hairy.  We've done some damage with our ablative unit, and taking out a couple of legs might immobilize, or allow for the queen to fall, and when things that big fall they take a lot of damage.

Still, running seems like the best option.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 02:58:08 pm by Devastator »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: July 30, 2018, 05:09:39 pm »

We could yell to the albus "STRIKE HER LEGS" so maybe we can make she lose one or another leg while we run
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: July 31, 2018, 03:35:52 pm »

Well, let it be said that you most certainly tried, but seriously? Telekinesis was not on the list of things you expected to deal with. It basically throws most of your plans in the water, on top of her massive size. Of course, there is something to be said for Albus smashing into her hard enough to snap off a leg. You certainly did your part, but honestly?
Time to run. Albus will keep her distracted for just a moment longer while you slip out the way you came. Hell, with a little luck, it'll attract the zombies to her location, which should give a decent distraction while the ZEAL teams (and whatever other teams remain) get to work. With a great roar, that sounds a little more retarded than before, Albus rushes towards another leg while the queen tries to balance herself. Her massive size and old age don't exactly mix too well, but she manages to stay upright. You fire off your automatic gun as you leave, mostly as an experiment, but fail to make more than a dent in her. You're not precise enough to hit critical parts, and you know full well how tough it can be to take down a drider. (You lived it.)

You manage to make it out the smaller door before she takes notice of you once more. Guessing from a very disconcerting crack, however, you suspect that Albus is likely dead. When a half massive arm, about the size of your entire torso, bounces past you in this escape hallway you're just about sure. You hear the old woman screech and moan more, giving you all the more cause to keep on running. Your legs hurt, but its nothing bad. You can handle a fall decently well, really! When you get far enough that you can't see the door anymore, you decide that now would be a time to relax for a time.
Well.
That went poorly. But you made it out without dying. Good thing you ran, too, because the writer was seriously ready to kill you off if you did something stupid. Well, anyways...
Now what?

You wander through the hallway a little more, ending up before the hospital again. You decide to go back inside, of just to avoid any stragglers heading your way. The second you enter the building, however, you see the drider doctor again. Looks like she's up and about again. She looks very pale, though, and she seems to be out of it at least a little bit. For some reason, she seems to be holding a teddy bear in her hand.
Hello again... Did you win already?
Not... Really. I didn't expect the telekinesis.
Really? I didn't expect her to pull out ALL the stops. Now she doesn't have the mana to deal with the ZEAL teams. Well, her loss. But now. You look tired. Wanna have a nap with me? I've got a auto-doc to clear up fatigue and give some blood transfusions... I'll be using it myself, but the things are a little scary. That's why I've got Mr. Ruxpin. She hugs her teddy bear a little closer. Looking a little more, you notice that the teddy bear is wearing a doctor's scrubs and a facemask. It's oddly appealing, but considering who's holding it, you're not sure.
Hard to imagine you'd be scared of anything medical. Can't take what you deal?
Hmmm? She looks at you with such a sleepy expression it's kind of disarmed. Tilted head, lidded eyes, that vague smile... Gah. Oh, it's in a tube, you know... But I'm a teensy bit claustrophobic, so I need my teddy to sleep.
...I'm not getting in another tube owned by you.
You can watch over me or something. You can just nap on some pillows, you look really tired.

I've got things to do.
Like helping out your friends or fixing yourself up enough for another go at the queen.

...Fine.
Watch over her. At least you know where she is.

...I'll try out one of your beds.
A healing bed does sound pretty nice. And maybe she means her darwinian approach to life as seriously as she lets on.

Other.

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells

As you likely noticed, updates have been coming every two days now. I decided to switch between my games on a day-to-day basis. I've been giving Fallout a little more attention because I believe the early beginnings of a CYOA are the most crucial, after which consistency works out. We're officially past the beginning, though, so I figure it'll be fine if it's just a rotation now.
Sorry for the people that liked the (almost) daily updates, but that's just the way I'm rolling now. Besides, I've 430367 words as of writing, not including the choices I add. That's 675 pages in Word, 1 934 690 letters (no spaces). I think I've given you enough reading material to justify slowing down a little. Also, I wanted you people to know these stats because they seem pretty nutty.
However, if the mood strikes me, I might just update the game I wasn't planning on updating that day anyway.
Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: July 31, 2018, 03:53:47 pm »

Our friends, we can't let them behind, say to her that we are bringing friends soon

it's better for us to someone trustful watch us
Novice english wordsmith

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: July 31, 2018, 10:59:19 pm »

Uhhh, can take nap?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: August 02, 2018, 04:45:40 pm »

I'm getting my friends, first. I figure they'll be reaching the end of the arena at this point.
Without Albus there? Most certainly. The guards are also occupied, so all they need to worry about it the maze. Well, I'll be in the pod when you need me.
She wanders off, skittering along on her strange legs. You can't quite figure out what's up with those, you guess she's based off some sort of spider you don't know in the slightest. It's kind of odd how driders take on characteristics of existing spiders, isn't it? Well, anyway, you've got to meet up with some friends, and there's a single direction they could be coming from. With luck, you'll just find them as you go.
The walk there is uneventful, nobody's even around anymore. You hear faint gunshots, but they're far away from you. Considering the retreat, you're obviously filing that under "not your problem anymore", and continue your walk to the arena. When you arrive, you get another good luck at them down there. And things seem... simplified. Apparently, Sucy got tired of wandering and starting making "shortcuts" through the walls. Currently, they're setting up the final few explosives to reach the exit. You don't quite where they'll end up, though, so you resign yourself to more walking and go through a door nearby. Most of the hallways are marked to show the direction to the seating places for the audience, with the one exception being "the stables". You decide to follow that, hearing a very loud and final-sounding explosive going off.
Looks like they're through. You hear their voices echo through the hallways, they're rather noisy.

I'm telling you, that was likely a misuse of the explosives.
It might make the difference between finding her, or finding her damned corpse. What if she's attacked the queen by now?
Then she'll be angry I only have her special bombs left.
Oh come off it! Come on, I'm sure we'll be finding her soo- oh. He turns the corner right then and there, looking at your somewhat mangled body. You're still moving and mostly fine, sure, but you don't look good. Not to mention, wearing different clothing.
I told you she was probably fine. I just assume she's immortal at this point.
Oh shut up... Sydney? You alright? Please say something that isn't wild zombie gurgles? He slowly raises the crossbow, confused at your silence. You're just kind of tired.
'Sup Hal? How are you? You say. You even add a little wave.
We're all fine, thank you. I miss the action, however, that maze was rather boring. The gunslinger says. Right, he's still here.
Oh, you know... I fought the queen for a bit. Would not recommend. But I did find a... an ally. I think she'll be useful, but we'll need to keep an eye on her. Or a blade.
Interesting to hear? Where is that mystery person of yours?
This place's hospital. Or lab. I don't know which of the two is more applicable. She's the one that made that monster that took me down.
WHAT?
She's a bit nutty, to say the least.
Was she forced into it all?

Tell the truth about her.
She's a wild card, to say the least, so it's best to place all the cards on the table now.

Alter the truth just a bit.
If you're going to keep her, it might be in your best interest to not have you party members stand ready to ventilate her.

Other

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 216