Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185093 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2340 on: August 07, 2018, 01:55:58 pm »

Let's go find our stuff instead.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: August 07, 2018, 02:10:39 pm »

Risk it.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: August 07, 2018, 02:23:22 pm »

...Ask what his thoughts are on us tackling something considerably more than three times our weight.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: August 07, 2018, 08:40:33 pm »

If we are going to fight

Does sucy still has the foam bomb? Give it to the bird and let it enter with the bomb in her mouth while she is screaming

Tell Hal to make her blind and distract her

oh yes, if the pigeon is alive inside her make him hurt her uvula and make she want to vomit and use this moment with her mounth open to escape

If everybody is losing and starting to retreat we throw the bomb

In the end kick her head, if she is still alive but going to die just brag that because of her we almost died 3 times but she will be a good example to anyone who tries to hurt our friends
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: August 07, 2018, 09:07:58 pm »

For real though, this is a wait it out kind of situation.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: August 08, 2018, 04:05:10 pm »

I'm not going back in there. I kind of tackled her already, and I think that goes against the promise to bodyslam things three times my weight or more.
Hal looks at you with a hard to describe face. A slow blink as he shakes his head, edging back just a few inches as the implication hits him, after which he blinks twice and doesn't say a word.
Let's just wait it out. Or see if I can't find my stuff, it's somewhere in that hospital. Hell, maybe we can turn it into a nap, I am tired, lemme tell ya.
Awww...
Attach a foam bomb to the pigeon and i'll try to get it to fly in, whatever.
Your bird is far too small to hold on to these. And I don't want to drop these valuable projects.
Yup... Let's raid a hospital.
Why do you have to put it like that?
It's funny?
People are literally dying meters away from us.
Yeah, but it's nobody we know. Let's just go. Although, maybe somebody should stick around, see where the wind blows?
No splitting the group.
She's right, compatriots. Best not split the party. Little good can come of that.

You all just stick around, close to the fight. Considering the whole telekinesis thing, you decide against having your presence known. You briefly consider stepping in, keeping in mind that taking down an arc villain should be done by a protagonist, but after the vampire horse-shit you're happy to let the police handle it. Besides, you'll be more of a liability than a help in your condition. The gunslinger is happy to shoot the occasional shot inside, though he remains careful. Mostly, he just tells you what's happening. Apparently, the shadowrunners are doing most of the real damage, with the use of some special explosives. Or, some really well-placed explosives. The gunslinger is kind of vague. Either way, you sure hear a lot of screaming from the queen.
After a really cool battle that would have taken like, AN HOUR to write, the queen finally falls. The casualties are pretty high, but the queen is dead after one particular shadowrunner jumped down her throat and cut her way out. Which is a ludicrous way to take down a massive drider, but apparently it's one that works.
Well, that's out of the way...
But there's that treasury.... Or your gear back at the hospital. OR the scientist for that matter. You'll need to place some priorities.

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells

Fuck me i'm tired.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: August 08, 2018, 04:45:19 pm »

Hmm. Explain to our party that while that "scientist" is horrifying and all, she probably has multiple ways to escape from prison, so maybe we should take her along just to keep and eye on her.
Though... if there's not a lot of support for that, don't push the matter. I mean, murder is technically an option. Though she probably has a contingency to get out of dying, too.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: August 08, 2018, 06:29:24 pm »

Lets go loot the treasury.  Much safer.  We did our bit to help out already.  If the scientist gets in our way, do another blood drain, this time to near-death.  Then we can leave.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: August 08, 2018, 08:49:07 pm »

The treasury, release the lamia (while the freelancers and others loot what they want to loot>hospital, retrieve our stuff> prison release our reporter> scientist and take a nap

(by then she will have escaped, it's better for us to not verbalize that we desire to help a criminal, the gunslinger might tell about it)
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: August 10, 2018, 06:13:53 pm »

Let's get to the treasury. There's somebody in there I need to get free.
What? Who would that even be?
The lamia's friend. Apparently, she likes to keep "exceptional" people around in her treasury. Seems she was about as rotten of a bitch as one could be.
How do you know she's in there?
Interrogated some people. They helped along quite nicely, so I let them go. They were deserting anyway, moving to the surface even.
Should have killed them.
Lay off on the edge there, Yunikki. You'll cut someone. Well, let's get to that lamia, shall we?

When you enter the room, things are awkward for a short moment. Which is the nicest way to put it, as it was actually the entire ZEAL team aiming their weaponry at you and yelling about a "new contact". If it wasn't for your party standing next to you (and Yunikki standing in front of you) they probably would have reduced you to giblets. But the shadowrunners were kind enough to vouch for you, and the radio operator also confirms that you're supposed to be here. When you explain that you're responsible for cracking off her leg and making her use up some mana early on, you even get a few thanks from the ZEAL team, heavily distorted from their masks. At any rate, they seem grateful enough that they let you enter the treasury, though they DO state that anything you take is "off the record, and better be reasonable". Considering your actual goal, it wasn't exactly hard.
Her treasury was impressive, to say the least. There's a tidy pile of nearly anything valuable here, each marked carefully with different varieties of "in case of market crash scenario #"
Most of it looks to be gold bouillon, stacked beautifully. But there are alternative market alternatives. Striking gems, marked apart and then haphazardly placed on a pile. If dragons were real, they'd weep. The dwarves in the ZEAL team (surprisingly diverse for a dwarf government team.) audibly complain at the sight. You let your companions do their own looting, with their own choices in what they deem like "enough". Hal and Sucy loads up on precious stones, though Sucy takes the "social collapse" piles more, which includes stranger stones that you don't even recognize. You can hear her giggling, so you're assuming that those rocks/gems/crystals/whatever are more important in regards to alchemy.

You keep looking, eventually coming across the more... odd. You find a few slaves attached to poles. When they see you they start reaching towards you, wordlessly. When you get a closer look, you see their tongues have been cut out. Most of them appear to be human, all of them tall even for those standards. The few not reaching towards you like a starving man towards bread are just sitting down, shaking. Some of them are drooling.
Jesus christ... You hear the distorted voice from a ZEAL team member as he looks at the collection of them. They aren't even clothed, apart from a few scraps that don't exactly cover much of anything.
We'd heard of abductions and slavery but this... Squad 2 requesting immediate Psych ward pick-up, we have....
You wander away as the man calls in help via radio. Hi radio is actually built into his helm, an impressive feat of technology indeed. Looking at those slaves acting that way towards you made you sick.
Disgusting, isn't it? They must have starved them out, only being granted food when they serve their betters. A brute-force approach, and it leaves them weak. There are much better ways to get...
You decide to mentally tune out as you continue walking.
Find the snake.
That's all you need to think about.

Eventually, you find what you're looking for.
"Unique assets."
You don't like the sound of that. It's a large line of cells, and inside you see...
Well.
You don't know most of these races. You recognize the swamp unicorn though, from what feels like honest to god centuries ago. Most of these look like rare creatures, but none of them look happy, or even well-fed. You don't understand it, the queen took such good care of everything else, why didn't she care for her hoard?
Eventually, at the far end of the line (the ones that are occupied. It continues for an uncomfortably long time. She had room for a hell of a lot more.) you find a very brightly coloured snake-person. Shining red scales that still blink.
Heya, pal. You wouldn't happen to know a certain albino lamia living under D.VA's building, would you?
You know of my nestmate!? Please, bring me to her!
Well, I'll try, but it'll take some doing.
And out of your jurisdiction, freelancer. Is this the one connected to the albino?
What?
The albino. Is this one connected?
Yes. I think.
Good. We'll get them back together... We'll mention your involvement. Move along, freelancer.

That just about ends what you WANTED to do here... But it would be a shame not to take anything, right?

What else will you try to take?

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: August 10, 2018, 06:19:49 pm »

>Look for a good Sword or armor peace, perhaps something of a magical sort- if nothing else we can always take a few good sized gems because they always fetch a good price.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: August 10, 2018, 07:01:12 pm »

Hey, ask what our internal orange voice wants. And then don't get it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: August 10, 2018, 07:07:24 pm »

We should take a corpse to get spiderlings from.  Anything look good that way?

Don't worry about the rest of our 'stuff'  We didn't have anything too valuable or that can't be replaced with money.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 04:23:10 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: August 10, 2018, 07:13:35 pm »

That'll take a day to regrow, and who wants to hold on to a corpse overnight?

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: August 11, 2018, 12:36:18 am »

Free the swamp unicorn

say with a sweet voice god that you are here to free him, give our hand for him to sniff (but be prepared, maybe it will get weird because of the corruption or because she isn't a virgin anymore, maybe he will cure us, maybe we will just take care of a race that took care for us long ago)

go to the hospital to retrieve our stuff

Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 216