Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185116 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2295 on: July 25, 2018, 04:48:11 am »

Royal room. We have our objective, and we have a stim-launcher to shoot a few times and close the door. Likely to bounce off of her skin, but if it works then she either bursts or goes crazy, and the latter would hopefully wear her out...

Unless we really really really want to just go in with Albus and wrestle her to the ground then sink our fang in... but that is crazy talk...

It would be really nice to try to use necromancy on the bone sword. Maybe forcefully maintain its structure with an ongoing exertion? Or see if we can't get it to fly back to our hand? But we lack the mana for that, and, well, the hospital/lab is probably stuffed full of souls to burn for magic, and The Queen's diet might leave a few souls around her lair too, but meh... We need to learn how to make mutterstew with our new venom, or we could go milking our new pet mad scientist... but no preparation time...

Our cookbook needs us! Actually, perhaps we could ask our kids to find loot around here, while we check the barracks for weapons and armour? Then meet up for the queen assault? Maybe whoever is in the barracks can be convinced to stop working for a cannibal who felt the need to pit their city-state against an empire? They are kind of getting crushed by police forces, if any of the military from deeper levels came through...

Can we commune with Alexia and get her read on the situation? Maybe she has some extra unworthiness sense that could find an easily dethroned monarch. Or perhaps she can quickly come up with a neat trick, like barbed-wire bolas, or she might have a request that could earn us some consideration the next time she's in charge and has a choice between a cult of flesh mutilation and very nearly literally anything else at all and maybe she could reconsider the matter of magical tattoos and cursed limbs... A drider comes to understand that sometimes one will awaken to three different chemical addictions, a stomach-load of people, and a fawning kobolt or three. It is not generally ideal, but it happens. But there are some things that are just not proper! Yes! we are still sore about the Gestating God thing! Magic tattoos, body-horror cults, and our own flesh being deformed into the grotesque all find themselves on the "Alexia please no, don't, that is just not right" list.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: July 25, 2018, 06:59:26 am »

grabbing supplies on the barracks for dealing with the colossal queen is okay

but it is expected resistance

It's still desirable to find where our allies are first and go there
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: July 25, 2018, 04:33:49 pm »

Update delayed for yet another day. I hope to get it out earlier tomorrow
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: July 26, 2018, 05:20:13 am »

Did Sydney grow more or something?  Half of everything the doctor talked about was how big she was..

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: July 26, 2018, 07:58:19 am »

Well, "Albus". Just follow me...
The beast groans, and follows meek as a kitten as you head towards the barracks. You might as well stock up on some supplies, this sword isn't going to cut it (hahaha). Using soulsight, you see that the place has a few people inside, but no more than three. Nothing you can't handle, or more specifically, Albus. The hardest part of dealing with this is going to be the clean-up after. And that's not even your problem!
Well then.
Still, on the off-chance that they aren't soldiers, you decide to take a peek before sending in the nearly unstoppable beast of destruction and rage. As you get closer to the door, you can hear a conversation.
I'm telling you, she's gone completely mad! She wants ALL of us to stay here and fight to the death! Fuck that, I say. I didn't turn 120 years old to die for some old bitch that can't even leave her own god-damned chamber! A rough voice says. Probably a smoker
I hear you, man. Come on, where's that fucking escape tunnel? Younger voice, sounds a bit more relaxed, somehow. He sounds more annoyed than scared.
But what about the others? Female voice. Fairly high.
They should have thought of coming here too, then! Look, with that bullshit virus going around, I'm NOT going back out there! Not to mention, they sent in the fucking ZEAL teams. You KNOW none of us have a chance against those bastards!
Fuck, man... Did you check the praetorian section?
I'll get on that, alright? Come on, I feel like something's breathing down my fucking neck!

Well, looks like it might be their lucky day. They don't have their weapons out, and you've got a massive bulletproof abomination in tow, even if they decide to act dumb.
HANDS UP! AND DON'T TRY ANYTHING! You yell, as Albus enters the room. You go in after him, in case they have some quickdraw instinct. The smoker actually does, but his bullet doesn't even faze Albus. He also wisely decides against keeping up his fire when he sees what's before him. You step out from behind Albus, after another reaffirmation that they should really drop their weaponry. The woman starts crying as the men drop their guns. She doesn't seem to be dressed like the others. She's just wearing a dress, while the men wear body armor and grey overlays. They're clearly guards, more advanced than the ones at the entrance.
Ahh, shit... You're that drider the queen wanted.
We're fucked, aren't we? And what the fuck is that thing with her?
Shut up and try to die with some dignity, Kirk.
O-oh Gods. I don't want to die, please!
You raise your hands in a calming gesture. You don't have to. Provided none of you do something stupid. Could you direct me to the weapons here, and then explain just what you were doing here?
Weapons are in the praetorian section. The best ones, anyway. And we were trying to find the escape tunnel. The queen said we aughta fight to the last, but we decided fuck that... You going to kill her?
Obviously. What are your plans after getting out of here?
We were... We were going to head to the surface. Start again, fresh slate. I mean... We're driders! We can make it out there, right?
Probably true.
You sigh for a moment. Well, you're kind of too tired to bother killing them, but you can think while you grab some weaponry.
Albus? Keep watch over them for a while. Stop them if they try to leave, and kill them if they try to shoot me.
It groans again, in a manner that seems a little close to singing. In fact, if you knew what it was, you'd describe it as a whale's call, but tragically, Sydney doesn't even know that whales exist. They don't come around a lot at the coasts of her continent, and she's smack-dab in the middle of it. Well, she was raised there, dwarf country is pretty far south, but you get it right? Right.

The weaponry here is... special, to say the least. You find a couple of sub-machine guns, even, and some extra ammo to last you for a bit. You've read up on them, and these are those prototypes you heard about. Some expensive shit, and for good reason. This'll really mess some people up. You happily take two of them, just in case, and about five spare magazines. You also get to load up on some body armor (with pockets!) and a belt for keeping those beautiful guns in. Even a strap to keep that scimitar somewhere! These barracks are a real treasure trove, aren't they? You leave the praetorian part of the barracks smiling, and then look at the three driders here. The woman is crying in the corner, while the soldiers are calmly staring at the monster keeping them in check.
Well...

Kill them.
This is war, my friend. Can't leave them out here.

Help them find that escape tunnel.
For their use and possibly your own, later.

Let them be.
Let them figure it out on their own. They'll appreciate the mercy.

Other?

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: July 26, 2018, 11:45:07 am »

Find that escape tunnel, maybe our soul sight will find some vermin souls behind a fake wall or else

give them a warning, if we cross them on the surface there are three options

1 they are civilians, in this case we might buy a bread or a service and take a nice cup of tea and trade stories

2. they are vigilant, adventurers or something good, in this case we will teach even HOW drider mutations really work and depending on their competence or willpower we can take them alongside us

3. they are bandits, started an evil drider cult or are starting something funny, in this case... *breaks something with the mutant claw* UNDERSTOOD?
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: July 26, 2018, 12:13:46 pm »

Shh. Just find that escape route. No point scaring the civilian even more.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: July 26, 2018, 02:12:47 pm »

GOD FUCK, WE FORGOT

THE LAMIA, THE MOTHER LAMIA IS HERE SOMEWHERE

INTERROGATE THEM

ask about what they know about a giant lamia, what are the expected resistances on the routes and what is in the arena
Novice english wordsmith

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: July 26, 2018, 04:01:39 pm »

We don't need to interrogate everyone on this trip.  We can do things after killing the giant drider queen.  Assuming Sydney doesn't die of course.

But yeah, helping them find the escape tunnel should be fine.  They didn't know we were here before having that conversation, and we can just rejoin our friends and let them go.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 04:03:52 pm by Devastator »

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: July 27, 2018, 02:59:18 pm »

Well then. You activate your soulsight, and it doesn't take long before you spot it. Some minor vermin and bugs in a particular spot behind the walls. Once you know where to look, it doesn't take much guesswork to find the lever to it. An old coat-rack with a suspiciously large hook, in this case. There's a lot of things in that suspicious trend of objects in this room, but that's the one that's the closest out of all of them, compared to the ratty wall. A quick pull, and some laborious grinding of stone against stone starts to fill the room as the wall slowly shifts out and reveals a dark tunnel, with no visible exit from where you're standing.
Just a question, before you go. Would you know anything about a giant lamia of sorts?
Queen's treasure room. I was part of the team that brought it there. She keeps "exceptional" beasts and animals there...
Excellent. Now... The three driders flinch as the silence turns deafening. Then...  Go. If I find you topside, I better not see anything bad, or else... Well, I'll be pushing on your skull until those eyes pop. Understood?
The three driders nod, some more vigorously than others, and then quickly head down the tunnel after you turn away. They soon disappear into the dark, and out of your hair. Let's hope that doesn't backfire, in the future.

You decide to check in on your friends, as well. They seem to have arrived at a massive dome of sorts, filled with sand and stone walls. Guessing from the blood all around, that's likely the arena. Except... The place is a maze of passageways and cages. Your pigeon has a bird's eye view of the place, but has hardly any way of actually guiding them. Guiding them through would be very costly in time, and you may not want to give the queen the time to change her mind about staying here.
While you're busy with that, you also check the cat. The operator seems very laid-back, at the moment, and he's smirking. If you had to guess, ZEAL teams really turned that around. Makes you wonder just what these guys bring to the table.

Well, go to the arena for your friends or head to the royal room for a royal rumble. It's a bitch of a choice, isn't it?

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: July 27, 2018, 03:02:07 pm »

LETS GET READY TO R-R-R-RUUUUMBLE!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: July 27, 2018, 10:19:01 pm »

LETS GET READY TO R-R-R-RUUUUMBLE!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: July 28, 2018, 10:29:25 am »

I feel that we might lose some friends there if we don't help

albus cam smash and create some kind of shortcut in the arena? We can easily climb and talk to them upstairs saying that we tamed albus

Sydney 14 years: oh I hope one day I will a be a braaave adventurer

Sydney 17 years: WHYYY CaaAaaaAaaAAANNnnTtTTT I HAVE A FUCKING NOORMAL LIFE?? AAAAAAAAAAHHHH LEAVE ME ALONE

Sydney now:  FUCK YOU AND  STAY OUT OF MY WAY OR I AM GONNA RIP YOUR EYES OUT
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: July 29, 2018, 12:23:34 pm »

Don't you just love steady edgy-fication? In my defence, Sydney was intended to be a borderline neurotic wreck after the whole ritual thing but at this point she's basically fine with whatever. You're officially jaded!

You've got things to do, and you doubt that your friends are going to die from a few walls. You elect to go to the royal room and end this before it continues. You don't have time to waste, and you kind of have a hankering for homicide. You head to the royal room, looking your weapons over again. Scimitar seems sharp, weapons are loaded (and the safety is now off. Good thing you checked.), armor seems... uh. Sturdy? Well. You probably can't take a hit from the queen regardless, but you'll figure it out. Of course, your main trump card is lumbering behind you, and you kind of hope that will do when it comes to taking down the queen. You doubt it though,things are never that easy. (yes, you basically had to shatter your spine to even get access to it, things still aren't going to be easy.) Regardless, you end up at some familiar doors. You're pretty sure you saw the other side of this one when you visited the queen. Well...
No time like the present.
Albus?
It figures it out pretty fast, and smashes through the door with the needed energy you expected. Right then, no plan except a big monster and sheer piss and vinegar? Why the hell not.

You go through the chaos the monster creates, and start firing your gun at the few remaining guards. The recoil is incredible, and you're fairly certain you would have dropped the gun were it not for the fact that you have a grip that bends iron right about now. You control your aim and take down the guards, who are still dazed or confused from the sudden assault of Albus. If you had anything other than a fully automatic weapon and static targets, you would have missed pretty bad. As it stand, you tear through them using military technology. Armor doesn't help against that amount of bullets.
Looks like she went for a skeleton crew, you're done after shooting down only three drider guards. You remove the magazine and put in a new one as the queen starts screaming. Albus is already climbing up her leg, intent on killing her, but then something happens you were distinctly hoping wouldn't happen. A strange glow appear around Albus, and the monster is thrown against the wall using a magical gesture. Telekinesis? Well, of course. Why wouldn't that happen. Why the fuck would anything nice ever happen?
You UPSTART, MUTANT BI-FUCK! She screams as you open fire with your gun, making her bleed as she covers her face. It gives you some time to move out of her sight, You are fairly certain those bullets hardly affect her, but hell if it got her looking away it's good enough. She continues ranting and raving, as one does, but Albus managed to get up in the meantime to try and attack her again. Once again, it starts climbing the impossibly sturdy carapace of the queen, after a punch proved entirely ineffectual. To see a punch that could likely level a small skyscraper bounce off was a tad disheartening, to say the least. Well...
You did have a vague plan before you came in, though you probably should have thought of applying it early. You pull out the syringer, and load a stimpack with some difficulty. This thing doesn't have sights, is too light to be used like one would expect from a cross-bow, and is all-round probably just not accurate, but your target is literally the size of a barn. Around two of them, actually, but you don't count the armored parts. Either way, you fire your stimpack at the massive upper body and...
Well, she doesn't have armor, yes. But the needle isn't long enough to even pierce that period piece of a dress. Well, this is kind of unfortunate. Time for plan B.

Guessing from the impossibly loud bang, Albus has just been removed from the Queen again, this time smashing open the massive door she uses for dramatic reasons. You entered through there last time, and the door is pretty much queen-sized. The fact that Albus managed to break it open gives a little context to how badly you don't want to get struck by that.
Did you THINK, I could be taken down like this? DID YOU!?
She steps back, not too fast, but speed isn't exactly an issue when you're that large. Plan B just turned a little more complicated, as the legs go out of your reach, and you can't climb up to the fabled weak spots.
Then you find yourself unable to move. It's not so much that you're paralysed, it's just that there is a wall around you that makes it impossible to move much, a perfect suit in your shape. You are lifted up, and brought before the queen terrible visage. Her eyes are bloodshot, and she looks pretty damn angry.
You. You are responsible for all of this... But I have NEED of you. You were meant to be my AVATAR, damn you! This body... IT IS FAILING, AND I NEEDED YOURS. WHY WOULDN'T YOU JUST LET ME IMPROVE YOU!?
I'm not too partial to dying?
FUCK YOU!

The telekinetic cage is growing tighter. She intends to crush you like one would grape, except...
A freight train suddenly bursts through the cloud of dust and splinters again, bashing into the Queen's legs. You didn't expect it, but you hear a crunch as her front leg snaps in half. She screams in pain, and her focus wanders far enough to drop you. As you fall downwards, you prepare yourself for the landing. It's just a small drop of about seven meters, no biggie, nothing that'll really hurt.
*Scrunch*
It actually did hurt, but your legs are still attached to you so things aren't all bad. You do decide to give yourself the luxury of groaning in pain as you force your legs to keep moving. You see Albus is in as bad a shape as he left the leg, looking like he's been "dented". If it wasn't for the whole "genetic abomination" thing, he'd be dead. His skull looks particularly malformed.

Now would be the time for a plan.

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: July 29, 2018, 03:26:58 pm »

Life-leeching fog sounds nice right about now!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 216