Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 186096 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1035 on: October 07, 2017, 05:25:32 pm »

Convince Eveline that you convinced Yunikki to convince Sydney!
Convince Eveline, but first, loot the other stuff around here before the book-burner that tall, strong, imposing woman with a mysterious and troubled past just itching to be unpeeled- can get to it. Maybe we can find the recipe...

((C'mon peeps, this is our last big chance to be EVIL voices in someone's head! RIOT!!!))
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 08, 2017, 01:44:31 pm »

"Okay, but let's see if there is something mundane to loot here?" loot

Convince Eveline

"Hey, there is a bunch of elderitch paint there, we could work on an anti-venom on that, I only want this because people would worship my imaginary balls, and it will be fun to play, but with your help, you have a good reason to do so" *point's at Sydney* "She will deal with the gestating god sooner or later, better that her back isn't hurting when she go on her revenge"

Eveline will LOVE to be her lover's hero, she can't bring her eye back, but can still do this.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 08, 2017, 02:44:54 pm »

So nobody's hurt, right?
Everything's fine, thanks to you. These cultists were hiding out nearby, and if they said anything they would have attacked the villagers. They're quite grateful;
 even if you did scare everybody with your... episode.
µ
Hm. We'll be leaving soon, then?
In a few minutes, even. Eveline and the witch doctor fixed you up after you finally went to sleep properly, so there shouldn't be an issue.
I thought he was shaman?
Witch doctor is closer to the truth. Now, as soon as the rest return, we'll get going again. We'll be at the edge of the Deadlands when we cross the border, by the way, so I'll have Yunikki lead us. Undead activity is her specialty, after all.
You look at her with an expression that is hard to grasp. Pressed lips, eyebrows raised, eyes open. Like you want to say something, but can't.
In the ways of killing them, of course! She IS a crusader now, after all.
Ah, right... Well, help me load up the packs, I can't reach every leg.

You don't bother asking where the others went, when they return. You don't really care what they do in their free time, although you do notice that Sucy looks smug over something, while Eveline just looks a little nervous. Then again, that's just the way they always look, to be fair. Yunikki has her helmet on, making her expression entirely impossible to read. Her stride is proud, though. So she's fairly chuffed about SOMETHING. You don't quite care about it all, you've got a bit of a headache.
You'd rather get on the road at this point, and leave this place behind. You can do without the stares and the corpses you left behind, although you don't regret any of it. The shaman, or witch doctor (you don't really care) does give you a goodbye, and even a bit of thanks, through that thick failing Common. He seems to pluralize all of his verbs for some reason? But, again.
Leave, now please.

The rest of the road is considerably easier to wander through, after a while. The jungle didn't have too much longer to go, and eventually the trees thin enough for it to count as a normal countryside. You were never happier to see border patrols, and you were rather glad to be back in your home country. You briefly consider asking to make a visit to the village, to see how dad is doing, but you made up your mind about that a while ago. There's no need to make a grand detour for personal reasons when the intention is to bring a friend home, no? If nothing else, you can visit it when you're done in the dwarven cities. It's not exactly going anywhere!
Meandra? I need to make a request. Can we... make a detour?
Your face had a calm smile. Your feelings were closer to a mild rage.
Eh, sure. We're not on a schedule, what do you need?
W-we're two day's travel away from... from my mother. And I... She's fidgeting in place, trying to force the words out. She wouldn't be that scared to ask something to Meandra, she knows her well enough to act like a social animal.
What, you want to visit your mother? Alright, sure... Kind of interested in that village of yours, anyhow.
Eveline visibly cringes, and then speaks with a bit of a whine in her voice. T-that's just the... the thing. She's not in the village. She's in a castle.
She takes a deep breath, and turns to you all.
I-I need your help to kill a vampire! she squeaks out.

Alright, cool, where do we go from here?
Eveline blinks twice as her dramatic moment loses all tension.
J-just like that?! But he's stupidly powerful!
If he holding your mother, we can't just leave that!
Not to mention, based on the stories, he probably deserves whatever we bring to him.
What's your opinion? And what will you ask in way of details?

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 08, 2017, 07:27:35 pm »

Well if you are going to kill someone, it is easiest if they are already talking to Death before they realise that anything is wrong. Heh, we could go visit and see if we can catch them on their way out...
 But that is an assassination, we need to be sure about that. Killing someone without opportunity to justify themselves is an awkward combination of finality and a lack of supervision, but Eveline seems trustworthy, she likes us despite apparent racial problems with giant spiders, which suggests that she doesn't hold her preconceptions in too high regard. She seems uncomfortable with death but willing to mutilate a spider queen or throw a firebomb at someone if things are dire enough. It seems unlikely that she would be all "kill a vampire" just due to personal distaste, nor that she would trick us into danger. So assassination should probably be Plan A.

We want more information though. What are their skills? Who would they accept as allies? Would they mingle with cultists or necromancers? Cultists have an army in the region and necromancers could potentially cause trouble if we use too many undead, but likewise would probably unnerve a vampire. If they are well established then they probably don't go out very often to feed. Much of the staff is probably cowed and would quickly note and report anything too noteworthy, so disguises would be unlikely to work. They no doubt have an awareness of not being popular, so walking in the front door and asking for a meeting will probably get us the label of "assassins until proven innocent"... They have likely seen the scenery untold millions of times, so we can't expect them to walk past a window, but perhaps something to attract their attention combined with a suitably overpowered crossbow combined with some sort of poison, perhaps an alkali or coagulant or something... we ought to have the expertise to at least temporarily disable a vampire, even, it seems likely that those two know something about animal transformations *sideways glare*(but it WAS kind of fun...). Vampires have a lot of personal power, take that away and many of their followers will likely be confused.

Climbing up the wall probably won't have been overlooked by their security, they can... can vampires fly? They would probably want to capture prisoners alive, so we can likely try bait. Meandra with some algae smeared over her arms and some metal-eating alchemical brew in her hair ought to be able to get out of most restraints and something can probably be done with delayed-activation itching powder to overcome mind control, along with a bit of training from Eveline. A lone traveller might just be tempting enough to lure off a few guards and distract the remainder without making it seem like anything is wrong.

If we could perfect some sort of possession spell then we could consider assassinating one of the guards and then puppeting them to disable the security. We are not a completely awful actress and it we can probably feign a sore throat and headache to explain some inaccurate speech and mannerisms...

Ehh, it doesn't really seem like we know enough to plan a proper assassination, for now we ought just gather as much information as possible without revealing ourselves.

And it would be really niceto rescue Eveline's mother. If nothing else, it would set a good precedent for someday rexscuing our own mother, assuming that it really is our mother, and that she really is imprisoned, and that we would want to...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 09, 2017, 10:25:33 am »

Just add that we have vampirism, we could use (or not) that as an excuse to "hey, i wanna get protection from you and be your vassal, don't mind that dagger in your back" we have experience in "working for the bad guys"

Eveline would certainly have more info on the surroundings or even if there is a kind of "rebellion"
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 09, 2017, 03:38:57 pm »

So, we're assassinating today?
Not today, if you want to do a good job. We should scout.
Nonono! We can't do this like any old job, alright? He's VERY powerful... I'm the only one that ever even escaped from him, and I got exceedingly lucky to begin with!
Still sounds like we should scout... What do we need to look out for, anyhow?
Well, his zombies, for one. Or is it ghouls? Uh, people he drained to death and they come back to life as his thralls.
Ah, heresy.
Alright, and the area?
When I was running, it was... a castle and some farms? It's been a long while, who knows what happened in the meantime.
Maybe we can infiltrate the place? I mean, I'm technically a vampire myself...
No you're not! You're afflicted with vampirism. There's a difference!
The point that I want to make, is that I may be able to get close and stab him in the back.
I'd complain, but I don't think that chivalry stuff applies to undead demons of the night.
I think it does, but I won't tell.
Wait wait wait! He can control minds. And quite easily, in fact! He was controlling the whole village, and I was... uh... I was under his control for a very long time. So I don't think that infiltrating would be a good idea. I-if he doesn't like you, he's likely to just enthrall you, just like that!
So I'd better be as "fun" to him as possible. What's he like?
I'm not letting you do that! But... I guess you should know how he is, regardless? He's sadistic, and a control freak. He wants everything to go according to his design, and he revels in his power. He's arrogant like you wouldn't believe... But I only really know him from my escape. He doesn't like fire, if that's relevant.
That's very relevant You can practically HEAR her grin behind her helmet.

So apart from mind control, any other vampire things I should know?
He's superhumanly strong. Like you wouldn't even believe... I saw him walk up a wall by forcing his feet inside the wall itself! And he did that just to show off,
 too! In addition, he can leap very far, and... Well, he's just as powerful with his arms, so I don't even need to say how deadly that is. Not to mention he can drain you with nothing but his fingers.... There might be other things, I really don't know. Point is, he's a VERY powerful and ancient vampire. I'm honestly not even sure if we could beat him in a straight-up fight.

Then we should get help. There should be a resistance of some kind, right?
If there was, do you really think I'd have kept running? No. There's nobody left to fight him.
Looks like infiltration may be the only option we have... What does he associate with?
He liked having unique things around. The eastern guests always brought... things. Gluttons, freaks, the like. It's a bit of a blur.
Seems like Sydney will fit in just fine.
Sucy! You apologize this instant!
No.
She's not wrong. I mean, geez, I'm a main character. I've got a unique character model and everything, of course he'll like me.
Fuck off with that. This is a serious conversation.

You should look into how you're going to get close. Eveline just doesn't know if there are guards around the area, or just at the castle. Maybe you can pretend to be something you're not?

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 09, 2017, 05:44:42 pm »

Well, scouting is important. If we have a spyglass or something that can see from a tiny bird-watching nest then we could try that, or just go with undead vision. It sounds like he is fearless and active so ought to go out with some frequency, a surprise attack is probably plausible if he isn't tipped-off. If we can get an idea of his schedule...

"how to get close" seems like the wrong question. "Can chop you in half with his bare hands and probably has the nicest weapons in the region.", "Can drain your strength with a touch.", "Can break your spirit with a glance", and "treats intervening terrain more like a suggestion than a rule." all add up to "Maybe getting close is not such a good thing...". Two ideas come to mind.

First idea is a crossbow. All our powers combines sort of thing. Meandra can probably temporarily impose qualities upon living plants that would have them perform above conventional limits, and also provide some living cover to shield us from whatever crazy vampire vision he has. Mostly causing a crossbow not to break under stresses that really ought to result in such. Yunikki ought to be able to aim straight, even if it is a massively oversized crossbow. We can probably rig up some sort of undead bird-based crossbow bolt that can control its flight somewhat, and we could try implanting some spells, some sort of spontaneous bone-growth when it enters a target, or a fleshbang or something... And I am sure that Sucy and Eveline could come up with something unpleasant to coat the bolt with, and possibly enhance the crossbow. All that together might be enough to put two metres of gory death through his torso from a distant treeline with no warning.

The second idea isa pit trap. Something 20-odd metres in diameter with a floor piled deep with unstable footing, catching thorns on tangled vines, dry wood, and fire accelerant. It would pretty much all be on Meandra though, plants ought to be able to dig somewhat and we aren't going to make a big enough trap with shovels, even if we do have undead moles or whatever we can find. Eveline is good with her fires, but that is a lot of area that needs to go up very quickly. Holding the thing in place and covering it over will likely be all Meandra. On the plus side, a campfire and some merry conversation along his route ought to attract his attentions.

Of course, all this is rather hopeful of a wooded area when what we have is farmland. I guess a barn could offer some cover...

And then there is the reminder to always have escape and being captured plans.

But for now, probably send out a few freshly-dead rodents to keep tabs on people's goings...
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 09, 2017, 06:54:23 pm »

+1 for medieval sniper, flammable things would be nice to put on the arrow

But yes first send some rodents scouts to see if there is an good place to hide and blow him from afar, or to make a tunnel and silently invade his dungeon from somewhere that he doesn't patrol. Maybe we can discover where are all the flammable things and prepare a bunch of traps in his own, even with our own rodent-infiltrated-minions if we see that he really just focus on the countryside of his domain and the decorations of his central saloon. Well, he did just walked on a wall to show off to his mindless minions, he might be that arrogant, okay, let's make sure to ask eveline. Depending on his stupidity he can even not notice when a skeleton is not one that he raised

About the pit trap, he will certainly not fall for it, he will send his thralls to deal with these intruders.

About escape and capture plans, no idea, capture we might be okay because we are weird, we might make an interesting face and make him love us, then we can use the chance when he turn his back

Just keep in mind that when he dies something will happens with the Thralls,
1. They will die,
2  They will be free from the curse and turn back as humans
3. Become free thralls and break havoc, we need to be prepared to get full war-on when that happens to spare as many non-undead lifes as possible from death

(Our necromancy knowledge might say what of these things might happen)
Novice english wordsmith

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 09, 2017, 10:15:51 pm »

I suspect that the Vampire is creating undead with cheap vampire hax, and not proper civil necromancy. We probably do however still know a thing or two about different types of undead, as might Yunikki, assuming that she sat through the lectures...

Honestly, our necromancy so far has been decidedly lacking in ability to actually influence undead aside from our own. A lot of "this is how to make your very own fantasy football league of all the greats of history" and very little of "As a necromancer, you control the underlying forces that control all undead, so obviously you can just fix it right up when someone rolls a bunch of skeletons into a ball."... Ugh, we really should have played "Catch" with the other necromancers back at The Tower, passing an animate armadillo skeleton around can't be that difficult... Oh well, no use crying for missed opportunities.

Ohey, should we start a betting pool over whether Eveline's mother is a full vampire now?
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 10, 2017, 02:39:08 pm »

...I don't think we can loiter around for days cutting down trees to make a fucking ballista.
Not to mention, none of us know how to make one. At best, we'd probably just create a big crappy slingshot.
Ok... So how about we catch him with a big pit?
...You're messing with us, right?
No, seriously! With all the different things you and Eveline can make, it'd be impossible for him to get out, not to mention burning him should be easy. And meandra can make climbing out nearly impossible!
What if he just jumps? I already told you the man can leap really well, you know... Not to mention, both of your plans rely on him going outside to begin with!
Wouldn't he?
He has thralls and slaves for that! Speaking of, we should talk about that. We can't kill any slaves. They might be forced to attack us.
The thralls can be killed. There's nothing left in them but devotion to their "master". She spits on the floor with disdain.  And if the vampire croaks, so do they.
Alright, thank the gods. That's been weighing on me since my escape.
How did you escape, anyway?
I don't want to talk about it. Not ever.  It's... I don't want to talk about it.
Don't push it, she turns quiet for hours if you do. It's very boring, not to mention she chews her nails when that happens. Disgusting...

Well, your ballista and pit plan are doomed to fail. Unless you were to find help from somebody who does know how to build a ballista. Your pit plan was doomed to fail from the start, really. Vampires are excellent leapers. Both of your plans also required getting him outside, and like all bosses at the end of an arc, he might as well be a paraplegic with how often he moves from his throne. He's a stickler for the classic tropes, you know.
You'd better make some plans for how you're going to move into his lands. You're an hour away from the town and farmland that is under his control. If nothing else, there's sstill plenty of wood around, but that will disappear when you reach his farms, which around spread around his castle.

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 10, 2017, 07:57:40 pm »

How many Thralls there were when eveline left?

Ok, scouts are being done either way,

Maybe we can mine their defenses slowly killing Thralls in traps and stuff to have less people to deal in the final battle, Guerrilla style, if there is mind slaves they still need food or water, when he start to suspect that he has less Minions than before we can poison the water to make everyone (alive) sleepy and easy to deal when we invade

Hey, Alchemists, don't you know nothing that can mitigate mind control other than willpower?

Making a tunnel to enter the castle is still the idea,although he might have some kind of defense about it (or not), this can be completely unnecessary if we discover some hidden entrance to the castle

Who are these visits from the east? What they do? Where they come where they go? We can exploit it somehow

Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 11, 2017, 03:59:08 pm »

There has got to be something you two can cook up to counter mind control, right?
I don't really see what could work without injuring you... Not to mention, some way to have it "activate" when you're getting controlled. I think the best thing I can do is give you an energy shot, but you can't take more than one
Why not?
Your heart is likely to explode. It's really strong stuff, you're going to feel miserable from the one shot I'd give you, regardless. Extreme heartbeat, shortness of breath... It's mostly used to kickstart a stopped heart!
That sounds dangerous in general.
I mean, if you've got heart troubles, it'll kill you outright. We're all relatively young, so it should be fine.
"Relatively?" Meandra asks with a crooked smile
Oh hush, we're all in our twenties.

Maybe we should slowly wear down the local defenses... Kill the thralls, weaken the slaves?
Out of the question! They're hardly in good shape, I don't have anything that won't kill at least one of them!
...Just the thralls, then?
Well... That COULD work, if they patrol the area now, but that would attract attention. And there isn't a whole lot of places for us to hide... Risky business,
 I'd say. But worth a try.

How many where there when you escaped?
I wasn't in a position to start counting, Sydney... But I guess a couple dozen? He's had years to bolster his defenses, though, so it could be anything at this point.
We're going in completely blind at this point... Well, what were those eastern visits about?
Eccentrics meeting eccentrics. The vampire was an interesting character, and his pantry is well-stocked with a wide variety of food. Not to mention, he knows things. What kind, I don't know, but it's enough to make people travel across the whole continent to hear it. In exchange for the knowledge, you just need to entertain him somehow. Mostly through grotesques, though I think some came with poetry or just tried to sell slaves...
Not all of them ended well. I remember cleaning the blood and... using. The blood. I was his...
Nevermind that. I don't want to think about it.

Can't wait for THAT ominous reveal...
Alright. So how about we dig a tunnel-We don't have shovels, nor do we have the beams OR knowledge available to make a mineshaft to go under a castle! Come the fuck on, now!
No need to get angry...

That's enough talking, honestly. It's time to start scouting, and considering there's not plan you decide to see what happens if you just walk down the road. Honestly, the vampire's dangerous, but he won't be actively hunting on the road...
Hopefully.
unexpectedly, however, it actually is completely peaceful. The road seems fairly idyllic, even, although most of the farmhouses look like they've seen better days. You see all manner of crops growing, many of which don't seem all that familiar. One of the farmlands is even underwater! Just a basin, with stalks coming out of it. There were a few kobolts working the land, as well as one dwarf that stuck out like a sore thumb. They don't seem to care about your party, however, so you don't even have to worry about that. It doesn't take long before you see the castle on the horizon. It's... bigger than you expected. The walls are fairly high, and look well-cared for, and there are four massive towers at each end. There is a central building as well, and you suspect a large courtyard as well.
How the hell did he get this!?
...He had it for far longer than I've been alive. I think he might have inherited it before his vampirism, but I don't know for sure. If nothing else, he liked to monologue about how nobles should act.
Well... If we come much closer, any guards on top of the castle will see us. What should we do?

Well, what should be done?

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 11, 2017, 05:19:51 pm »

So.. look for birds, rodents, kobolt graveyards whatever, something small that we can rise for scouting near/inside the castle (No, our familiar IS suspicious, not gonna work)

Wait, we can see what our minion see, can we HEAR what it hear?
Novice english wordsmith

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 12, 2017, 12:48:17 am »

Also our spell only works with things that have functioning eyes, probably? So we can only see through the eyes of zombies but not skeletons?

Okay, what of a zombie snake with fangs filled with dead-man's blood or whatever local reviledlife finds toxic?

We really need to keep Eveline hidden. We don't want her mother being used as a hostage.

We could try buying Eveline's mother. We don't really have anything that we are willing to part with... Well, we could be sold ourselves as one of the conditioned slaves(maybe Sucy and Eveline can mix up some make-up that would conceal our scars) that has been mutated and then try to break out using intellectual and magical faculties that weren't advertised... Team Alchemy can probably whip up something to make us more slavish and dull our mental faculties so that we can try to break any domination by changing our mental landscape. I would assume that simple narcotics are not a shortcut to mind-controlling people who have legendary willpower, and that if anything it would give them a second chance to resist when they come out of it. I also very much doubt that any mind control is a match for incessant itching. Somebody is going to tell you to stand still and you are going to NEED!! to scratch and your glorious master just won't seem like such a big deal anymore. Plus we can arm ourselves with dead-critter jewellery of various sorts, enough to build a small spider-construct to fetch keys at least...

Or we could try playing the arrogant tourists card. Dude might just be eccentric enough to play along for a while before apprehending us. It has got to be boring to be the unquestioned ruler of all that you survey...

The obvious route is to use undead as a distraction. Send them to attack the front door whie we go in the back. They are unlikely to last more than a minute and it is the oldest trick in the book, not to mention waking up all the guards...

P.S.
And meandra can make climbing out nearly impossible!
Capital M in Meandra
there's sstill plenty
still?
which around spread around his castle.
which spread around?
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 12, 2017, 04:17:36 pm »

Gosh this is so sad...
It's for the greater good, Meandra.
But she didn't do anything wrong!
True. It's a sad loss, but if we didn't do this, we would be no step closer to saving the people of this land.
It's just a sparrow, you guys, no need to get worked up.
But it was so cute!
Just because it's dead doesn't mean that it stopped being cute. Come on, look at this! You show off the undead bird that is currently nestling on your shoulder. It's a little stiff, but otherwise looks like a perfectly normal bird. It's a bit of a tall order to make them fly properly, but you didn't spend 4 years studying necromancy to get some perfectly average spells! This little boy is going to be your eyes in the sky.
Could we at least remove that birdfeeder before another one dies?
Already on it! You hear Eveline yell as she climbs the tree. She's a surprisingly good climber when it comes to trees. Maybe those stubby claws are good for something after all! You were quite lucky that you managed to get a bird that fast, ultimately. You could go look for some more critters, but that will take a little longer before the trap would work, if you had to guess.

Looking through the bird's eye while it's flying is disorienting to say the least. You've never been that high up before, and the animal can usually see a little better than you to begin with, so while flying it's mostly a bit of a blur for you. But, getting it to the castle was no big deal. Now that you've got a bird's eye view (that's a pun, it's just sitting on top of a roof, you were getting close to vomiting from flying and seeing at the same time) of the place, sneaking in is clearly going to be difficult at best. There are thralls nearly everywhere on the rooftops. They look like corpses, and most of them are humans, orcs and dwarves. No kobolts, even though nearly every servant is one.... The thralls are armed with crossbows, but their armor is non-existant. You guess that they just keep wearing the clothing they had on when they were transformed, because there's all types.
Plenty of eastern clothing, though. Looks like he isn't very caring with his guests. Or perhaps they tried something they shouldn't have. Anyway, you count around three dozen of them patrolling the walls, and that's for right now. You don't even know what could be inside.
So, obviously, you make the bird look around inside. The place doesn't have windows or anything, it's a drafty castle.

Inside, there are less guards and far more servants. They look far more alive than the thralls, and most of them are still Kobolts. They seem to be bringing food somewhere, in rather large quantities as well. Most of it seems unprepared, as of yet, so perhaps they're just preparing a feast. Vampires don't eat anything that isn't blood, though, so you can only wonder why there's so much food. It looks a little too good to be servant chow, so...
Your little bird flies around the castle some more, but it's nearly impossible to get an idea on the lay-out. Things are still mostly a blur when the bird flies, even indoors. Eventually, however, you find a massive door, currently held open by one of the servants to let the food-carrying servants through. Kobolts are small, so they've got their hands full. Apart from the somewhat vacant stare, they DO look fairly healthy, at least. Your little bird enters the great hall, and finds a roosting place on top of a mounted bear head.
The place looks... expensive, so say the least. There is a massive table here, fit to seat at least fifty men, and a throne at the far end. There's a pretty rug in front of it, and behind it one can find a massive collection of mounted heads. Bears, deer and some creatures you don't even recognize. You also note that there's a head on a pike next to the throne, still dripping fresh blood. Despite this, there are no bloodstains, nor is there a corpse nearby...
Where's this vampire, however?

Almost exactly on cue, some other doors are flung open, and a blonde handsome man strides into the hallway. He is extremely well built, and is wearing a long red cape with a white fur rim to it. His clothing is quite odd as well, consisting of a strange black undergarment that looks to be made out of silk and covered in a more extravagant yellow outfit with an open chest. There's also an odd broche that you didn't get a good look at.
Good grief, what a smug bastard.
He practically radiates arrogance as he takes exaggerated, large strides through the room, before sitting on his throne, crossing his legs and looking over the room.
Then he looks straight at the little sparrow under your control.
Oho? A little birdie lies atop my father's favorite kill? How brave... His voice is low, and carries that same arrogance his stance is showing. Despite that, there's something oddly disarming about it.
But you're not a very lively little sparrow, are you? Hm.
Before you can even react, a small stake flies through the air, and pierces your bird! You snap back to your vision, trying not to hurl from the sudden switch.
Oh that was awful.

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 216