Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 186072 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1005 on: September 28, 2017, 09:30:04 am »

LET ME OU...No wait, nope, i don't know how hard she is right now to control, in the middle of an orc village where there is plenty of orcs to get pissed (OR TO WORSHIP ME YOU FOOL)

The doombolt idea seems a nice idea, the smoke cloud idea would need coordination with sucy and we can't really plan it right now without them knowing what we are going to do.

It would be nice to eat souls after this, but will the orcs be maddened? Maybe they don't know yet that souls always go to afterlife.

I DEAL WITH THESE FERAL ORCS

Sigh... okay, sorry RAM i am missing her

"Sucy, remember when you asked for my madness?"

RELEASE THE QUEEN, she already knows about the doombolt plans, maybe she will do it with her magical reserves.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 28, 2017, 03:15:59 pm »

YESYESYESYES YES!
She screams as She throws the sword at the body of the priest. She uses nothing but the sound of blood splattering to confirm the kill as She rushes forward and sticks Her fingers in the guts of the first cultist. The wind is knocked out of him, and for half a second, he looked her in the eye and saw a Goddess. In one movement of Her arm, The Queen disembowels the man, pulling out a rope of intestines and throwing it aside.The prey does not even scream as it falls to the ground in a twitching mess, shock and blood loss taking their toll. The Queen licks the blood off Her fingers in an almost erotic display, before eyeing the other cultists.
They are terrified. Her tongue lolls out of Her mouth as the predator pounces Her prey, sending the first one crumbling to the ground to allow Her hands to reach the third. Hands on his shoulders, Her mouth almost seems to unhinge as She slams Her teeth down on his neck. Blood spouts out, showering the drider in blood as the remaining cultists run for their lives. She laughs as the prey flees, thinking it can get away. Some of them do. One is raked along the back by claws of chitin, he falls to the floor in pain and blood. The other feels Her draining claws in him. He screams the whole time as he is drained dry, left as little more than a grey, emancipated husk of a body.
She feels full and happy, even granting a momentary bit of mercy for the other cultists.
Then The Queen turns to the bleeding girl in the back of the building. She is staring wide-eyed at the carnage that unfolded before her.
It all took less than thirty seconds

You wanted to see me, did you not?
She backs up against the wall a little more, but she's maintaining her composure for now. In the blink of an eye, the Queen stands before Sucy.
You loved this, don't you? I can tell... The queen bows over the thin girl, and picks her up like a doll, hands under the shoulders. She is forced to stand as the drider presses herself up against her.
I will love you, if you love me. She comes closer still, licking Sucy's cheek, her hot breath sending shivers down Sucy's spine.
She nods. Then she screams.

She only catches a glimpse when she opens her eyes, just the hint of a leg disappearing, followed by more screaming outside. When sucy looks down, she sees her robe has been torn, and her wound has been stitched shut. It doesn't even hurt anymore, even if the stitching looks poorly done. It takes her a moment to process everything before she starts working on Eveline and the armored crusader.
Outside, the total number of cultists is revealed. About thirty meatbags have congregated to the center of town, using violence to keep the few orcs that come outside at bay. The wounds were brought on by a panicked flail and a poor weapon, so most are brought inside safely. The Queen had no time to spare for extras, and she rushed to the center of town. There, she sees all of them stand ready, all armed with the same claws attached to their wrist.

Extensive Fighting scene tomorrow. I wanna give it justice, mostly because I wanna try and match the reading experience to Perturbator.
The new school schedule's really messing with the updates as of now. I should be able to get back into it soon, but as of now I'm going to have a few issues.

You can add a few suggestions as to the fight, but the Queen is most certainly going to fight all thirty of these untrained cultists head-on.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 28, 2017, 03:30:07 pm »

Thought: If a wizard goes through a magical empowering transformation, does anything happen to their familiar?

How does Queen feel about being compared to a magical girl transformation?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 28, 2017, 08:26:51 pm »

FORGET ABOUT THE HARMONY AND IT'S WICKED PREGNANT GOD, WORSHIP US, THE DUALITY, TWO IN ONE, FURY AND KINDNESS, CONVERT NOW, KNEE BEFORE ME AND I SHALL SPARE YOUR PITY LIVES

She is probably gonna rush inside the battle, and take some blows, she should work on her intimidation, worshiping plus getting an steady surplus of life to prevent more damage using her life-drain-cloud-thing
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 29, 2017, 02:14:52 pm »

Have some perturbator

She rushes forward, Her talons strike the first one across the chest, splattering his blood in the mud. Again She strikes, Her claws striking in a frenzy as the cultists try to get around their comrade. When he finally falls, his chest reduced to torn meat, throws a successful punch, a wild haymaker. The strike, aided by the claws, causes a flash of pain as it rends The Queen’s cheek. But before the arm could retract, She bites down on the forearm, tearing off a bloody chunk. As the victim screams in pain, the predator tears at the throat. The poor cultist falls to the ground in a gurgling mess.
Three more attack, one assaults The Queen’s front while two others try to come at Her from the side. Before the one in front could even attack, he feels cold, wet claws against his sides. Screaming, he is twisted to The Queen’s side, and takes the attack meant for Her. The claw remains stuck in his shoulder, disabling both of them as the Queen takes the third attack to Her back. She sucks in some air from the blow, and then slams Her abdomen against the successful attacker in a sudden spin! Knocked back, the meatbag is then overrun by Her, and her stinger, elongated and twisted, stabs into him again and again. Others are trying to stop Her as the long needle makes mincemeat of of the fallen cultist, but in Her frenzied state She barely even registers the blows, even as blood begins to trickle through her armor. Her armor and carapace make the blunt claws mean nearly nothing, reducing them to the weak blunt strikes they are. It would wear a weaker creature down, but not Her.

Her claw swipes sideway, grabbing an arm from one of the many clumsy attacks. She pulls the figure forward, and brutally slams Her hand in his belly. Her hand bursts out of the man’s back, and with a sideways throw the corpse slams into more of the attacks, catching two of them and . Her frenzy over, the other cultists begin to retreat, but two prove too slow. Groaning in both effort and pleasure, The Queen slashes at their legs, and as they falls her fingers enter the nape of their neck. They twitch a final time. The cultists still murmur on, as they all take their distance. The Queen is completely surrounded, and this eye of the storm finally makes Her notice the pain.
She revels in it, Her heart thumps from the excitement! With another scream, She rushes forward, giving the first figure She dashes to no time to react before the two hollow needles in front begin to drain him. Feeling his blood drain, he screams and yells, still in that same dark language. His yelling stops when teeth rend his throat. The Queen looks back at the charging cultist, and walks backwards at an astonishing speed, Her legs a blur. She impales the charging cultist with Her stinger, and does the same with a leg when another tries to attack Her from the side. It does not kill the man, and in desperation he claws at the leg, breaking some of the carapace. Another leg impales him as The Queen’s claws rend at another fool who got too close.

At last, the cultists finally group up to perform a combined attack, and they all charge at Her back. One makes a daring jump, landing on the drider's back. The sudden weight is enough to stun even the Queen as the female cultist tries to crush her head. Reflexively, the drider’s head twists, reducing a lethal attack to a "mere" deep gash along the side of her head. An elbow lands into the side of the cultist, knocking her off. The other cultists try their own attacks in the meantime, one failing to even penetrate her thick carapace while others assaults Her legs. The first after a quick slash, but the other, causes another wound to appear in her carapace, and he is rewarded by a steady trickle of white fluid coming out of the wound. The drider screeches, finally feeling enough pain to outweigh the exhilaration of combat.
Then, Her jaw unhinges, stretching Her mouth to a horrifying degree as She breathes out a black, evil smoke. The wounded cultists that are caught in the black cloud scream in agony as their wounds grow deeper and the flesh blackens in an instant. Boils and pustules spread from the simplest scratch, pure agony spreading among them. Those dead or dying are reduced to piles of rotting meat, not even recognizable as human.

The first cowards begin to flee, and the remaining cultists don't dare attack Her.
Then the first one charges, and they all follow. In a frenzy only attainable by looking upon the void of death, they jump upon Her, not even regarding the casualties as She claws, bites and struggles under the ever increasing weight of cultists, and the claws enter more and more of Her flesh. The pain only invigorates Her efforts, She flails and laughs, even as Her wounds mount. Almost every part of Her body is being used to kill something or at least throw them off Her. Eventually, only a few cultists remain. The last five that did not run.
They were thrown off Her during the final scuffle, and now look upon Her, nearly completely covered in the blood of their comrades, who lay dead or wounded around Her. She forces a pedipalp in the chest of one, and drains him dry. Her own blood seeps through Her armor, and Her carapace is cracked and scratched. And She still stands. She still walks.
The final five throw off their masks, and their dark language is replaced by simple pleading in the common language. They beg for their lives, and promise to do anything for Her.
She smiles, Her blood-soaked hair covering Her eyes as She steps forward, Her gait troubled but stable.
Kneel. She growls softly.
They fling themselves to the floor, shaking and crying. This is... satisfactory.

Go. I grant you this.
They thank Her, clasping their hands before sprinting away. Once they are all gone, She gives Herself the right to collapse. With the fervor of combat fading, She is now left with nothing but the sheer exhaustion. She collapses under Her own weight, and decides to lie back. A goddess of battle should be allowed this.
Probably...

Remain Still. healing powders stings.
Her eyelids are still far too heavy to lift. She thinks She heard his voice before, but...

I Won't stay still, damn you!
Who dares!?

Let him work.
No-one would dare. Let him heal me.

Other
I Don't HAVE to listen to you...

Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Queen does not mind being called a magical girl, although she would deny that if questioned. She is a colossal weeb.
Also, familiars are generally not changed in this type of situation.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 29, 2017, 03:09:25 pm »

Stay stillish, it sounds like the priest has had a change of heart though that might have just been being stabbed in the heart.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 29, 2017, 04:21:28 pm »

Let whoever knows that she only will stay still if she knows who it is and that she heard his/her voice before

(Although tired as she is, she might not do anything, sucy and the others certainly won't let her be captured, in the end its other and them stay quiet)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 04:23:28 pm by omada »
Novice english wordsmith

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 29, 2017, 04:27:20 pm »

We have won a great many souls here so let us take our prize. No doubt there are naked flames about to light the village, what better way to end the evening than to bask in the glow of our conquest?

Perhaps in a zeal some of our enemies were merely broken and not slain outright. Perhaps we could find those who yet cling to their last few breaths, let those breaths be filled with our own power, and drain their last moments of life to restore ourselves without need of whatever these painful powders might be.

Weeb... Perhaps, should Queen check up on Meandra before sleeping, Sydney might be encouraged to look into a temporary, triggered, fixed, boneshaping spell. With all those detriments it might be possible to have an efficient spell that would convert a simple undead, possibly a familiar even, into a bone countenance to add to clothing, to accompany one's physiological changes when they assume a more powerful form... I imagine that one's outfit growing spikes and ribs and pillars around the neck rising up like a crown... would make quite the impression...
 Many magical girls have black cats, we could try to get one, but I can't see it talking...
 Mecha, body duplication, and energy blasts all seem a bit outside of our means right now...
 Necromantic fire-breath and burning eyes might be a possibility, but that stuff doesn't seem to actually do anything. And I am not sure that octopeds can pull off the "mysterious hooded figure with glowing eyes" look...

P.S.
Remain Still. healing powders stings.
I think either "Healing powder stings." or "Healing powders sting." would be correct.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 30, 2017, 04:36:25 pm »

She remains still, although the figure was not lying when he said the powders would sting. She groans before taking in a shaky breath. Whether from pain or something else is hard to tell, especially to the one helping her. Energy rapidly returns to the Queen, although her heart beats so fast and loud she seems to be shaking. The adrenaline is fading, and the dull stings of the many, many hits she took begins to claim its due. The powder's bite is actually preferable to the dull pain, and eventually, She manages to open half of her eyes. Standing over her is the orc shaman, who is still rummaging through his bags for more things to place on the wounds.
You remains still. Do not moves.
You could recognize that broken common anywhere, although it is a commendable effort regardless. The powders are taking their effects, and power floods back into her arms. How they work is a mystery, but it hardly matters. The Queen allows the current proceedings.
Healing progress good. You moves?
I was not moving for YOUR benefit, consider that a mercy.
Bad spirit in you. Maybe gets hole in head. Big hole. Huge!
You little WORM! She yells, before her hand clasps around the shaman's throat. The orc does not move, remaining still. His expression remains stoic, even as the claws push into his flesh.

Suddenly, the arm is yanked away by some kind of vine. WHO DARES?! she snarls, looking around with gnashing teeth and a murderous look in her eye. Then, she sees Meandra.
You putrid CUNT!
More vines. Soon, every single arm and leg is grabbed, despite the desperate and angry flailing.
You should probably calm down, alright?
YOU TRAITOR! I WON'T FORGET THIS, I WILL KILL YOU. I WILL PROTECT HER AGAINST YOUR POISON!
I thought four years of peace would have made this LESS deranged... Mister Sulik, do you have some kind of sedative?
The orc looks a little confused and embarrassed.
Uh... Sleeping powder?
DON'T YOU DARE! SHE WILL KNOW OF THIS TREACHERY, YOU- Her ranting is cut off when a white powder is blown in her face, causing her to cough before losing consciousness. She lands fairly ungracefully, face-first in the mud.

The Queen will be out for quite a while. She will also NOT REVERT BACK TO SYDNEY for the time being. Choose a new point of reference until Sydney comes back.
Vampirism makes everything more fun, does it?

Eveline
Currently in the middle of sniffing some salts to wake up
Meandra
Currently in the middle of being very cross with a drider that could beat Meandra to death with Meandra's own arm.
Yunikki
Currently in the middle of coughing and wheezing profusely from the salts she has to sniff.
Sucy
Currently shoving salt under a kobolts nose to wake her up. And to laugh at the aftereffects.
Neat stuff I do:

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 30, 2017, 05:09:21 pm »

Meandra
Read the First Post!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 30, 2017, 05:25:22 pm »

Sucy
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 08:15:38 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 30, 2017, 06:05:58 pm »

Death Failing his perspective, Sucy
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 30, 2017, 06:09:56 pm »

oh damn, that's hard

Everyone here is someone i might want to know how is inside it's head

I choose, THE SHAMAN, nah, just kidding.

We could use our knowledge of the queen to help Meandra, but we could also help her with anyone else.
BAH i wanna know what kind of magic Meandra have, she might leave us in some updates and the rest we will have other chances

Meandra

Edit: i am STRONGLY inclined to vote for eveline just to tie the votes *evil laughter*
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 06:11:37 pm by omada »
Novice english wordsmith

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 30, 2017, 07:22:57 pm »

It'd be interesting to get Eveline's perspective on Queen. She is also a cute little doggy... She is, however, somewhat obsessive and not likely to be the most active agent at this time, and we have seen a lot of her so a focus upon her is less revealing. Of course, that is also the main reason to focus on her, she is at some risk of becoming codified as an obsessive potion factory with little plot-relevance. Focusing on her would force some characterisation and agency that might not happen otherwise.

I chose Meandra because she is the one with the greatest perspective on the current destination. She is also, theoretically, the group's current leader and is likely the most opposed to Queen's antics thus likely to have a lot of troubles to deal with in the near future. Also she will probably be left behind with the dwarves, so this is a chance to get some of her perspective before she leaves.

Yunikki we have already seen and will likely be focused on the cultists which may all be gone already. I would certainly like a Yunikki perspective, but she is still my least favoured perspective at this juncture.

Sucy is new and this would be her big chance to become a main character. She is also quite mysterious and offers some fresh eyes on The Queen Situation. She is certainly a strong choice, but I am deliberately avoiding her to retain the sense of mystery. We don't even have vampire confirmation yet...
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 01, 2017, 03:30:24 pm »

You jokers just tied the vote. again.
I'm defaulting to Sushi.

Eveline's still coughing and flailing from the smelling salts, which is really funny. What's less funny is the situation that led up to it. It's one thing to have the both of them sedated because of some fruit, but to watch the local vampiric drider to go on a bloodthirsty rampage before coming on to you in a very personal way is... exciting. You don't like being red like an open book, but she knew that you rather liked watching those brutes get torn apart like tissue paper. Some people call it sadism, you call it a healthy appreciation for the natural order. Sometimes you just call it a surprise biology lesson. Not to mention, that drider herself... You can understand why the kobolt likes her like that. Too bad she keeps that binder on all the time. At least she knows how to stitch a wound properly, it doesn't bleed and it'll leave a really cool scar.
Still, all that hardly matters. Looking at what she was doing before, she most likely went out to murder an army of cultists. Whether or not she succeeds is going to be a fun discovery, but considering no new test subjects entered the most likely option is probably that she WON.
Unlikely, but very interesting.

Once the tin woman and the kobolt are ready to go, you all leave the building and just... follow the blood. Once you reach the center of town, you see that she has been...
BUSY.
Corpses and limbs are strewn about, and there are many piles of rotting meat just lying around. That must have been some kind of magic, maybe something that advances rot to an absurd degree? Artificial rot is a strange spell, but it does lie under the abilities of the necromancers if Akko wasn't wrong (Although there's a good chance she was. She was not the sharpest knife in the drawer). You quickly get to work gathering up a little bit of the liquids from one of the piles, which is giving off quite the unique odeur . A weaker soul would be disgusted, but you're far from that, aren't you? There isn't a smell in the world you can't handle. That little button nose has smelt some of the worst the world has to offer. Of course, The tin woman, Eveline and ms. goodie two-shoes are all talking about what to do with the drider. She's unconscious in the middle of them, from what you can tell, but these samples are far more important right now. Although...
She IS one of the most interesting things you've seen in years.

Continue getting samples
These could be useful, later.