Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 186089 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1050 on: October 12, 2017, 06:54:35 pm »

When i was reading it Youtube begun playing Jojo's music

and then he noticed us

shit
shit shit
shit shit shit
shit shit shit shit

Hmmm, what is the closest settlement besides the Dio vampire domain? No city where we can have an help from crusaders? err.

He can't follow our trace with that sparrow at least, or...?

"Hey guys, the vampire caught the sparrow, now he isn't cute for certain. Thralls everywhere outside the castle using crossbow but no armor, less on the inside, they seem to be preparing a feast, a lot of servants, and Eveline, i don't know if this conforts you, but there aren't kobolt thralls"

Wait, eveline told about a mistical dungeon of giant cave spiders, where is it? Maybe we can get into a fight with them (that we can win) force a mutation and take the post as queen of these spiders  (we had one day a screech mutation that could make us show the spiders who is the boss, and even if don't maybe eveline still remembers how to tame them), at least we will get a bit of numbers, kill some thralls and make the vampire think it's just a spider infestation (maybe he will forget about the sparrow) he will probably use thralls and servants to deal with it, thralls we kill, servants we capture and keep them fed, maybe someday he will get mad and come to us to deal with it personally, and this time we will have the advantage off terrain, we can prepare a lot of plants, trap and flammable stuff for him to walk

Even if he don't he will get less and less defenders, till the day we can invade the place

And DAAMNNN, wait, since when we don't spend mana to average beasts? that means we can make a swarm against our enemies and when they kill our creatures we can or raise more or use the newly unlocked mana to doombolt the fuck of him?
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 12, 2017, 07:24:24 pm »

Guy seems seriously lethal. Like, Nailing a sparrow's heart from across the room with a toothpick lethal... With a bit of luck a vampire would be weak to doombolts. The theory being that their soul is either powering their body, thus a disconnect cripples them physically to the same extent that being hit by a doombolt would weird normal people out mentally, or that a dead body is less ideal for a soul to inhabit, so they can be separated more easily. On the other hand, it might be that vampires are closer to their souls and can control them more... either way, getting into a fight with them is asking for fatalities. Wearing them down over months by throwing waves of undead at them is a nice idea, but we don't have the time and we probably depopulate the forests before they exhaust their supply of disposable minions, especially if they start converting kobolts...

Honestly, I am starting to think that sunlight is our only viable option here. We could try making a tree/skeleton hybrid of massive scale, load it up with something that can either make cracks in masonry or encourages rapid growth of plants, then plant the tree next to the castle and just start spreading roots though it. With a bit of luck it would be supported enough for the civilians to escape while reformatting the building to have a lot more ventilation. But that seems way beyond the scale of the magic that we can actually bring to bear. It was difficult enough to make a skeleton our own size, much less one the size of a tree, and even with a tree right there and with chemical assistance, Meandra is unlikely to grow through the entirety of a castle's structure, especially not from a safe distance...

I wonder if we could get something big, like an eagle or vulture, and pack it with incendiaries... Still, diving works best outside, It'd be more like just lying in, and we can only control a flock of a certain size, casualties would be inevitable, still, castles usually don't burn so well, we can hope that a mess of exploding birds would not inflict too many bystander losses.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 12, 2017, 07:57:36 pm »

The plan is still guerrilla, we can take part of these Thrall assassinations, if we find the Spidercave we can throw spiderlings climbing the wall and then we can recover not only the corpse of the spiders, but the corpse of the thralls that we can use to make an golem or reinforce the hurt zombie-spiders

Kobolts don't seen a good thrall material, he will feel stupid using Kobolts as guards

And hmmm yes, it was needed two people and several days to do that centaur, an castle-destroying device needs a stupid amount of mana, could meandra do seeds that for themselves grown a lot in a small period of time? We could thrown these seeds around the castle and inside the wall, they could help with thrall strangling (if meandra can give an order of only attacking undead), weaken the walls so we can hopeffully make the vampire accidentally destroy one wall while trying to hit us, and provides us with flammable shit when we invade. we could do this slowly with the "Thrallssassination stuff"
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 13, 2017, 03:52:35 pm »

Oh, this isn't good.
What happened!? You look like you're about to hurl.
I might... Anyway, this guy is beyond dangerous. He just nailed our little sparrow with a toothpick he threw from the other side of a large room. I... don't think we can take him directly.
You take a moment to swallow, whether because of the realization or because of your lunch making a surprise return visit isn't quite sure yet. You shake your head to get rid of some remaining dizzyness, and you manage to keep down the meal as your companions also lose a bit of color at the idea of not only him being so lethal, but him noticing a little stiffness in a sparrow from that distance. Just how stupidly powerful IS this guy?
You're going to need a little help, that's clear.
Eveline? You said you had giant spiders available, right?
...Maybe?
We need to get those under our control.
Oh, gross.
Hush. Look, we'll exhaust the whole forest before he runs out of thralls. There were dozens of them on the walls, armed with crossbows. He just seems to recruit them from people he doesn't like, if I had to guess. All manner of clothing's there.
Did you see my mother? She says, her eyes lighting up in equal parts fear and hope.
How would she even recognize her?
There were no kobolts among the thralls. They're all servants, from what I can tell.
Eveline breathes a sigh of relief, although she's still clearly worried.
She's probably the head chef. She was the most renowned cook in the village, after all. It's how I caught on to the alchemy, not much difference.
That should put her in a safe position, if I had to guess. The kitchens are often quite safe. Either they're in the courtyard, closer to an escape route, or they're in the center of the castle... Of course, I don't think that helps us much.

Probably makes the explosive birds plan a bit dangerous...
Is that ANOTHER idiotic plan of yours? Really what are you.... Wait. Hold on. That's perfectly legitimate.
I don't want to kill any of the mind controlled people.
Ahhh, well. That makes sense.
Thank you
That's just common decency, really.
ok. You can practically HEAR Sucy's eyes rolling.
Regardless, back to the spiders? Where would the cave be?
Half a day's travel from here, I think... If the cave is still there to begin with. The vampire probably didn't much care for them, but he may be far enough to not care about it. But if it isn't a burnt out husk, it's going to be a real nightmare. That dungeon was tough but manageable because we took care of the queens and prevented the spread. But it's probably been YEARS since anybody went inside. It must be completely infested, nothing like the one we did for your armor.
That one wasn't exactly easy, either...
That one wasn't a dungeon, either. That place is going to be BAD, and we'll see more than just the spiders, if I had to guess. Not to mention, the queen's going to be really difficult, now that it had time to properly mature.
I'm going to eat that thing.
Why.
Things will end up going that way. I know my life, Meandra, I think there's nothing that's alive that isn't going to end up in my mouth at some point. I don't like it, but I'll just deal with it.
Acceptance is a virtue, but that shit's still nasty.
I know... You sigh. It's a really bad habit, isn't it?

Well, there's no way to stock up on supplies from a store, but you CAN prepare for the spider dungeon in different ways. You have enough food to eat by default, as you were prepared for a fairly long journey. Resurrect some animals, craft a few items, make some strategies, explore surrounding areas...
Of course, you're free to go do something else with your time.

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 13, 2017, 05:26:17 pm »

Food is reallly not a problem, we still have the cookbook too. prepare a bunch of swarm minions is right, there must be corpses on the way especially closer to the cave, getting a bird and scouting with it around is nice too, might get something cool on the way (or avoid thrall patrols).

Ask if Yukinni (or anybody) knows how to use bolas, offer one of ours or to make some on the way
Novice english wordsmith

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 13, 2017, 09:15:31 pm »

Well, spiders are spiders, what do we know about spiders? What do we know about monster spiders? Well, they are probably vulnerable to gas, we can probably buy some time with some nasty smoke, but we probably want to save that for when we get to The Queen, as otherwise they will most likely just overwhelm the revulsion and force the arachnids to swarm stink or no. Limiting their ability to climb could help avoid getting surrounded, maybe some grease-bombs to throw at ceilings? Let's not forget that we have a convenient most-of-a-spider to test this stuff on. Nothing screams "fun!" quite like shoving your hind-quarters into toxic clouds to see precisely how much you want to not do that, or deliberately walking on things specifically designed to make you fall on your head! Maybe we could try to replicate a gas using our breath magic? Still, with our necromancy and vampirism alignment we might end up breathing out plagues, which would be problematic... Fire is not much fun, we could probably make barriers that way to slow down pursuit.

The real problem is that we don't want to kill them all. Just wiping out their nest is-
How big do these spiders get? Would it be possible to hide someone in a spider-skeleton? Or we could try a giant turtle zombie or something. Undead are somewhat immune to poison, I mean, sure, poison isn't exactly gentle and breaking down flesh works even if the flesh is dead, but it would still take a pretty solid kick to go through a thick bone or to do more than make a narrow and ultimately useless puncture in a zombie, and our kicks are, well, we are a REALLY-big spider, take away the poison and the rank-and-file should be pretty much useless against armour. Still, that leaves you drowning in a swarm if ever you encounter something big enough to break open your shell. Which would be where the toxic gas comes into play, but still... Not that this matters, we are unlikely to find or build something big enough to use as an armoured transport, and it likely wouldn't fit through the narrower cave sections.

Undead minions...
Slugs! Get a whole mess of undead worms or something, coated with slime, they roll around on the spiders and the spiders have to run off to clean themselves to avoid suffocating?

We probably want some sort of fly-swatter, maybe rakes with flexible needles? A small spider can still be dangerous, if they have any small spiders with a venom speciality then they will need to be cleared. Exoskeletons are probably prone to catching weapons, spares would be a good idea. Carapace is probably a bit all-or-nothing with regards to bludgeoning. Below a certain point it probably mostly bounces off but get enough force to go through and you have a huge hole in your hide.

We should also consider leaving people behind. Against a swarm, everyone needs to be somewhat independent. There is always something slipping through the lines or dropping from above, not to mention that a weak-point in the lines can lead to everyone being separated and surrounded. Can Meandra make some sort of plant armour? Yunikki definitely needs her joints re-oiled and maybe some sort of , maybe we could provide some silk to layer over the joints to stop anything getting through. Fortunately giant spiders do seem to have pretty weak poison for their size, but still...

Can we get some sort of spider-juice that would make them think of us as one of their own? At least until the queen takes an interest...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 14, 2017, 05:16:42 pm »

You reach the cave without any issues, as you could just get there outside of the vampire's territory. It's at the edge, so no need to go straight towards it. Unfortunately, like Eveline feared, the spiders have grown bold and fat without the kobolts to cull them on occasion. The cave entrance is a massive gaping maw, filled with cobwebs and crawling with potential movement. Two or three spiders instantly came out to assault your party, but they were struck down easily. They're not very tough fighters, that's for sure... But you can already see the glittering eyes of far more of them inside. The party begins to make preparations nearby.

I honestly think you have no idea how many slugs would be needed for a plan like that. Not to mention, they're undead. They don't secrete nearly anything!
 I mean, when's the last time you saw a sweaty zombie?

I just thought, if they were fresh enough...
It doesn't last. Might as well use water balloons for the good it'll do.
Well, at least I tried... Do I have to come? I mean, it's a creepy cave where everything's covered in webs.
You've proven on multiple occasions that you're more than capable. And they're just spiders. Apart from the queen, there's no real problem in taking them down
There are a lot of them, though.
She's got a point. Yunikki adds, wearing nothing but her smallclothes. At your suggestion, she's checking her armor over and oiling it up a little. She's using a tree stump to work on. She doesn't have a great sense of modesty, does she? Although, in her words, it's nothing anybody in the party hasn't seen before. You have to disagree in principle, although you DID experiment in the tower...
Lewd, sorry.

We NEED to stick together in this. This is a dungeon, after all, it'll be far more difficult than that time we went to get the queen skin.
I gathered that one already... Too bad the scouting isn't working out.
It WAS kind of impressive to see a bird get eating by horde of completely ordinary spiders, though.
Gross!
Pft. You don't need to worry about the small ones. They're harmless most of the time. They just do the basic things for the hive, like make the webbing. The warriors are the real problem, and even they don't tend to be poisonous. Although... Well, some of them are. The spitters, for one.
But don't you worry! Eveline says, happily working on her potions.
I've got plenty of antidotes ready to pop, and I can easily make more if we can get some of the poison glands.
I feel like the best medicine is prevention.
Yup. So try to stay behind me and Sydney, alright? I'm armored, and she's immune to the poison.
Theoretically!
Who cares. We're still the ones taking the hits, regardless.
True, true, but try not to divert poison attacks to me?
No promises.

Well, the spiders are just about dogsized, from what you could tell from the "guards". That is to say, every type of dog, from a Great Dane to a Chihuahua. Most of them tend to hover around the mid-range. Of course, you need to consider that they're also spiders, so they're pretty wide, as well. The walls,floor and the ceiling are covered in webbing, so the alchemists are making acidic substances so they don't burn the whole place down. While that may solve some of the problems from the spidercave, it won't get you the things you need. Eveline also warns that she can't help you navigate through the place, as the dungeon most likely changed layout in the time she was gone. You gave Yunikki one of your bolas, and you make a new one to keep your supply topped off. She's not too handy with them, but it can't hurt to let her try.
Well, unless you want to spend days hunting for squirrels to feed spiders with or something, you should be all set. Remember that hunting for animals isn't exactly easy. These forests are fairly peaceful, and animals are a lot better at hiding than you are at searching. For reference, walk through a forest and see how many animals you see. Now discount those you can catch. If you're honest with yourself, you'll probably realize why you'd need traps to get that done.

Are you prepared to delve into Arachnid Caverns?

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells

Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 14, 2017, 05:25:08 pm »

We may as ell animate the spiders. This is their preferred terrain afterall, and we don't need the undead to defeat them, just hold the line...
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 15, 2017, 11:18:42 am »

Reanimate the dead spiders and make they fight in the walls or the ceiling, this way it's hard to be flanked, they might be killed easily but we can always raise more, if we get hurt by almost half of our HP we might wan't use the opportunity to drain HP from the spider horde with our gas, or when we meet the queen no matter how hurt we are, the fight gonna be harsh and it will be nice to have a steady "income" of life while we will take an inevitable hit, so... let's go wear some giant cave intestine as a necklace to control the spiders,
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 15, 2017, 02:17:24 pm »

Entering the Arachnid Caverns proved to be an easy task, for the most part. The webs weren't as covering as you feared. It looks like only the very entrance is as covered as it is, most likely to catch any and all prey that would wander through. There are plenty of dead bats around, and cocoons of all sorts.
Some of them clearly humanoid.
Those same cocoons are all lifeless, however, and nobody's willing to search through the rotting corpses on the off chance they have a ring or something. Plenty of them seem partially liquefied. Your new minions are a big help, as well, as the spiders, alive or not, know how to fight on the walls and ceilings. There were only a few warriors, three in total, that attacked you. By the end of the battle, you have acquired more minions than you've ever had before. However, these spiders aren't too tough to begin with, so the guards you rezzed at the start of this are already kind of damaged. Still, you can probably keep a little army going for most of this!
The caves aren't too tough to navigate, for now. It's been a straight, empty line for a while now, the monotony only broken by the occasional cocoon or rusted sword. There are no giant spiders, but the walls are covered in smaller ones. The torchlight glinting off their eyes as they stare at you uninterrupted. It's a disturbing sight to see the walls STOP moving when the torch comes near. Said walls are completely black, and whenever somebody places their torch too close, they begin to move away. You can hear the little patter of their many, many legs all around.
You know how people say you shouldn't look down when you're high up?
Looking up in this place is a grave mistake. The only one who seems entirely unaffected is Eveline, who didn't even react when an extra fat one crawled over her should. A simple tap to send it flying, it's legs twitching and moving at a speed to make them a blur. You're the only one who doesn't find it disgusting to look at.

The constant squirming and footsteps leave everybody on edge. Eventually, Sucy speaks up.
This is getting on my nerves. We should improve the torchlight, that'll keep the little ones away.
And make us a shining beacon for the warrior type. The little ones tend to leave you alone, you know.
You had to pry one off you!
Ok, yeah, they tend to get on you sometimes. But the worst they do is distract you when you... Oh crap!
Eveline jumps closer to the rest of the party, and raises her pouch. She heard the heavier footsteps of the spiders already!
All at once, they enter your range of vision. There must be at least a dozen, if not more! These are more than four times the number you fought before, meaning they're quite likely to be a fight! You notice there are different types as well. You see a few that are far lankier, with a strange sac under their abdomen.
Spitters!? This hive really has gotten out of control!
There are other types, as well, but they all seem variants upon thicker and tougher types of spiders.

Apply a strategy. They are all coming from one side in a chaotic manner, while the lanky ones are in the back. And yes, this is a short and meaningless update, but I wanted to introduce a map.

The Map

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Minions

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 15, 2017, 03:25:01 pm »

A first thought is shield-bash into the formation and engage the spitters. These are cramped quarters for most of our group, but for us and the enemy there is a wide-open ceiling and walls so we should keep moving laterally to try to confound their attempts to bog us down and surround us. We can also leave 2 of our undamaged undead to guard the rear while the rest flank us. Then we can withdraw and reform once the spitters are in no state to spit.

Then again, there are better plans than changing into a hostile swarm and if we can completely block the spit then they might refrain from sending more. Show them a strong front and all that...
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 15, 2017, 10:38:50 pm »

First thought would be to make one minion flashbang them and use the momentum of their multiple-eyes pain.

But it will be a stupid sound with an stupid amount of light, like eveline wouldn't wan't. so... no

*Reads RAM post*
Shieldbashing, charging and getting surrounded by spiders? No thanks

But show a strong front... yes

Act defensively, do some weird arachnid sound to catch their attention and walk a bit backwards, block their spits with the shield as yukinni deal with the  melee Sucy and Eveline will likely (and we will ask for) throw their acid granades on them, we just need to get out of range. Our minions and familiars should make harder for the warriors to advance on top of us. After this it will get easier to deal with the rest. we can block the warriors and send our minions to rush against the spitters and then... will be the spider-warriors who are flanked by us *evil laughter here*
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 16, 2017, 04:49:08 pm »

You give a yell, and bash your shield with your weapon. You don't know any crazy arachnid noises (not when you're lucid, anyway), but it seems to work well enough. You suspect they don't much care for the grass, considering it sticks out like a sore thumb in this cave. The warriors are quick to answer, but so is Yunikki. A quick, but clumsy strike discourages three of them from charging you, while your minions make sure they don't get too far, either. Of course, not your intention. The alchemists get to work with their flasks, and you send your minions forward. The lingering acid is splitting some of the spiders, preventing you from getting overwhelmed. Of course, you hadn't quite accounted for them jumping on you. You throw one off of you easily enough, but you need to grab a leg to throw the other one, the rough hairs unleashing a most unpleasant feeling even through your carapace. Suddenly, you get a dousing of poison right in the face. Some of it gets in your mouth, and you can't help but groan in surprise as you spit the bitter poison out. The rest of the poison volley seems entirely focused on you, and you only barely manage to block about a quarter of the shots. The rest of the party is perfectly fine, at least...

Fortunately, your minions have reached the spitters, and have started assaulting them. They're not quite as effective as you hoped, but those spitters aren't quite as good when the poison doesn't even work. After taking down two more spiders assaulting you, another small horde attacks, three of which descend from the ceiling! You hadn't accounted for more coming in! All at once, your alchemists are cornered. Eveline suddenly branches a knife and stabs one of them right in the head in an uncharacteristic show of knifeplay. You didn't even remember she had that knife! Sucy is quick to follow up with an acid dousing on another, but Meandra's in trouble. She's just backstepping a bit, looking unsure. The spider raises its front legs, before pouncing!
Then, the spider is knocked aside by a sudden flash of a vine! The vine suddenly came out of Meandra's sleeve, and Meandra is quick to whip the spider with the thick, thorny material. It's not too effective, but it does repel the spider quite well. Long enough for Yunikki to come around and stab the spider from behind. Your undead minions have finished off the spitters, although they took heavy casualties. You've only got two spiders left! But of course, you're all rather capable. You took a couple bits in the struggles, and the occasional pincer, but you don't feel anything worse than a sting or bite. They go down in one good strike, generally, so even those reinforcements are no trouble. The worst they do is nip at your legs, but they can't get through your carapace. all it does is hold you down, and allow the alchemists to perform some of their stuff. Or just have Meandra slap them away.
You didn't know she was so good with a whip. Hmmm.

Eventually, with the minions keeping any runners in place, you beat off the spider wave. You're the only one with any kind of injuries, and it's generous to even call them that. You're completely covered in webbing, though, and you suspect that they were crawling all over you in their attempts to web you up. You suspect that they try to go for the biggest target first, but they'll need to do a lot better than THAT to take you down. Yunikki, however, is in a bit more trouble. She needs to cut at some of the webbing to stop herself from getting stuck. Her off hand was getting locked up, even, but the stickly silk gets off her plate easy enough.
When you sniff, though, you realise the true victim of the battle was your hygiene. You accidentally snort up a little poison, and you're glad you can't smell anything for a second.  You are SOAKED in poison. But you don't really feel anything...
Theory confirmed, then. You ARE resistant to the poison. Trust me, you'd be feeling it if you were affected.
I must smell awful
Oh, kind of like pineapple, actually.
Weird.

The party continues onwards into the caves, the constant pitter-patter of legs serving as a constant reminder of just how outnumbered you all are. The torches remain effective at keeping the small ones at bay, though, allowing you to carve a path through it all. With two alchemists at your side, there's absolutely no trouble in keeping torches going. The fires are a little discolored, being a bit more red than what you're used to, but it's more than worth it just to have more a constant source of light. They were smart enough to stock up on sticks, too. You're the only one not carrying a torch, as you just don't have a free hand. You're the only one with a shield, after all. Speaking of the shield, the grass doesn't seem to take too kindly to the poison, you can see a bit of brown creeping in on the grass.

There are two possible directions. Choose a direction and choose how many spiders you'll resurrect. You're only limited by your mana at this point, there's more than enough spider corpses.

Set up a camp
A campfire should keep the small ones away, and the alchemists may be able to make something to keep them away from an area. It won't stick to you when you're on the move, however.

Split the party
Some people go top, some people go bottom. What could go wrong?

Other
There's plenty of options.

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Minions

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 16, 2017, 05:50:53 pm »

Let the badly injured spiders die, and use that mana to grow up other spiders, 5 of them to let us have 15 mana free

There is no reason to set up camp now, only if we wanna attract the warriors/the queen here, what I don't think we want the warriors and i don't think we might attract the queen.

Eveline, does the queen leaves traces that we could follow? A pattern of spiders leaving and coming back as ants?

If yes, let's follow

If not

up- might have less to explore than bottom, if it's the queen it's a victory if not whatever, just luck

bottom (that looks like "right)- looks that there is more to explore, more probably that the queen is this way

I really don't care or have an opinion on which to chose, might choose throwing a coin in the air or seeing somebody's else opinion
Novice english wordsmith

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 16, 2017, 06:35:43 pm »

Perhaps we should learn from Atsuko, and animate all of the skeletons, then do them into a ball...

We wish to go directly to the queen without depleting the population.
The enemy outnumbers us and has enough coordination to concentrate forces.
The enemy has greater command of the terrain.
We have an odd number of party members and our specialists have already risked being overwhelmed.
The phrase "What could go wrong?" was uttered.
I am almost inclined to split the party to call some sort of bluff!

Did the spiders seem in any way confused about their dead brethren? We could try making camp and sending some zombies ahead to scout. Or they might just get picked off... Worth sending just a one though I guess, even if it does mean expending one of the more intact ones to increase the odds of holding up a ruse.

Meh, go left. It looks like it takes us further along in the original direction, which would be deeper... Unless this is web-shaped, and the queen is in the centre?

Have meandra check up on our shield. We like our shield and we don't want a repeat of the mushrooms zombie incident. A cough can be serious! So can a hint of wilting!
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 216