Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 64951 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair: Complete Collapse
« Reply #315 on: January 06, 2017, 12:44:17 pm »

Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Metal Cat

Immediately upon Terrance's outburst, Dar'yajira leaps between the Terrapode zombie and Noir, spitting and hissing angrily.  He calms a bit as Noir leaves, and Aylia shows herself to not really care about the tentacles, though the metallic fur on his back is still raised like some spiky torture device.

Listening to Aylia's order, he hesitates for a couple seconds, before nodding and saying "Yes, Shifter.  This one shall comply."  With that, he looks around the room, suddenly realizing that the only unoccupied person still nearby is Samuel.  So, he goes to sit down in front of the Cursed One, before requesting "Shifter requests for one to scout.  Is..." the cat trails off for a moment, before shaking his head and resuming the request "Is it willing?"

Stay near Aylia, continuing the attunement.  Continue watching Jack and Terrance, who are now so conveniently next to each other.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 06, 2017, 03:15:58 pm »

"Sure, ya little kitty cat. However I don't speak cat so did she ask something specific?"
If the cat answers and I have all the info I need I go to a widow or something to look outside for the thing.
When I pass Noir I'll say:
"Go on risk it girl. Nothing can go wrong. Don't ya worry."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 06, 2017, 03:39:55 pm »

"Ah, yes.  Shifter wishes to know status of large blue jellyfish which destroyed... environment.  This one thanks it."  Dar'yajira does a little bow to emphasive his gratitude, before returning to Aylia.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 06, 2017, 03:41:50 pm »

Team Green

I should still have some rope. Use my rope to get Jack's rope.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 06, 2017, 05:14:45 pm »

As no rope is available to recover carts right now, I'll just sit down and think.

ZombiPode obviously hates me because of the Devil's wish. (I'm going to refuse to call this my wish, because I never made a contract, or even phrased it as a wish. This was an altogether unexpected and unwanted "gift". It's not clear if the Devil can only give wishes to people who talk to him, people who go through the portal, or if he can just fuck with whoever he likes whenever.) What is unclear is whether or not the Zombie is Terrence revived, or a new undead made under the delusion of being Terrance. Depending on the exact magic in place, it may be possible to convince the zombie that Terrance's death was not my fault, and thus (re)gain an ally.

Also; my magic is of "divine" origin (Our Lady is technically mortal, not a god, but her power is enough to help out a follower in need), not unlike the magic of a cleric. Though I'm only trained in the healing parts, in theory this same power source could be harnessed for other common Clericy things, like seeking "divine" guidance, or countering Unliving forces.

None of that is conditionals, but also none of it has any practical effect, other than prodding the GM to give input on exactly what my options are here.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 06, 2017, 05:22:06 pm »

cho ja

"carts falling in circles, they will be back."

wait for the carts to fall past.
count their orbit time.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 06, 2017, 05:27:38 pm »

Really, this place can't have enough mass for anything to orbit very fast. I'd almost expect anything that gets past the horizon to take more than a month to get back.
Also, space here is full of air, so the carts really should be slowed down from orbital velocity by drag.
/applyinglogictofantasyworlds

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 07, 2017, 03:46:12 am »

So I do this now: I go to a widow or something to look outside for the thing.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 07, 2017, 01:25:45 pm »

Walk over to Terrance corpse and say the following:
"Stand down! You may not be alive, but you can think, you are undead it seems. You can either help us and get through this or we can put you back down."
Jack sighs
"Look, I'm sorry that you died, I am sorry my order killed so many...I don't know how I shall really continue with that knowledge other than to get through this to keep Noir alive. Please, help us...help me make up for my mistake. I need you, we need you."

If he doesn't stand down, see if I've my bow on my and arrows, then shoot him. If I have my sword, stab him
You have your bow, and he doesn't stand down. So you shoot at him. You shoot right through Aylia's paw, and into the zombie's armor. Good job there, hero. The limbs continue to wriggle.

Noir nods at Terrance's words and moves back clearly getting away from him

"Sorry sorry I won't get close unless I have to alright Terrance.Sorry if  I'm freaking you out or making you mad alright?
Noir looks over at the rope and quietly blinks before she twitches her wings and seems to think.
"Not sure if I could get that rope and get back here easily without worry.
How hard would it be to fly to the rope and fly back here with it? If Terrance does attack either dodge or use my scaled parts to defend.
You should be able to get to the rope and back. The trick is getting to the ceiling to unhook the rope from the rafter.

((I'm currently not up for making Aylia's actual sounds in quotation marks, just please note that she's just making cat-noises so Dar will need to relay whatever she's saying.))
"Dar, could you ask someone to check for the giant jellyfish thing that was eating the area before the Devil thing happened? If it's still coming we can't stay here, and I can't afford to shift, but if it's not then I can take the time to get out of my armor, help retrieve the carts, and get the armor back on."
I'm not going anywhere until I have reason to think the zombipode isn't going to attack teammates. I have no reason to attack zombi-terrance either though.
Well, now you have a reason to attack Jack, anyway. He just shot you in the paw. It hurts. it makes yo uangry. Cat angry.

Immediately upon Terrance's outburst, Dar'yajira leaps between the Terrapode zombie and Noir, spitting and hissing angrily.  He calms a bit as Noir leaves, and Aylia shows herself to not really care about the tentacles, though the metallic fur on his back is still raised like some spiky torture device.

Listening to Aylia's order, he hesitates for a couple seconds, before nodding and saying "Yes, Shifter.  This one shall comply."  With that, he looks around the room, suddenly realizing that the only unoccupied person still nearby is Samuel.  So, he goes to sit down in front of the Cursed One, before requesting "Shifter requests for one to scout.  Is..." the cat trails off for a moment, before shaking his head and resuming the request "Is it willing?"

Stay near Aylia, continuing the attunement.  Continue watching Jack and Terrance, who are now so conveniently next to each other.
Jack just shot Aylia in the paw. She lets out a deep giant cat yelp and a low, rising growl.

Team Green

I should still have some rope. Use my rope to get Jack's rope.
You place the rope at your feet and stand above it, hands on hips. "ROPE! Fetch the other rope!" You shout imperiously. The rope is unconvinced.

As no rope is available to recover carts right now, I'll just sit down and think.

ZombiPode obviously hates me because of the Devil's wish. (I'm going to refuse to call this my wish, because I never made a contract, or even phrased it as a wish. This was an altogether unexpected and unwanted "gift". It's not clear if the Devil can only give wishes to people who talk to him, people who go through the portal, or if he can just fuck with whoever he likes whenever.) What is unclear is whether or not the Zombie is Terrence revived, or a new undead made under the delusion of being Terrance. Depending on the exact magic in place, it may be possible to convince the zombie that Terrance's death was not my fault, and thus (re)gain an ally.

Also; my magic is of "divine" origin (Our Lady is technically mortal, not a god, but her power is enough to help out a follower in need), not unlike the magic of a cleric. Though I'm only trained in the healing parts, in theory this same power source could be harnessed for other common Clericy things, like seeking "divine" guidance, or countering Unliving forces.

None of that is conditionals, but also none of it has any practical effect, other than prodding the GM to give input on exactly what my options are here.
Isn't your religious group in service to goddesses? That should do for divine connection anyway. Remind me who this 'Our Lady' is. The elven overlord of Terrance's homeplace? You haven't been around Terrance long enough to really know him well enough to say if this is him or a reasonable copy. Aside from the whole issue of being mad at you, he seems like himself ((even if the GM is terrible at RP'ing that)). Let's  see. Whoever this Devil is, he is very powerful. Divine level, probably. Could probably override your mortal's assistance. maybe the effects could be countered well enough by an actual divine being. Or another Devil. You notice something else though - the Omega brand on him remains. SO Omega still holds some authority over him. What that means depends on what authority the Brand imparts. Perhaps it wold be best to keep him away from you for now. Have him guard the carts while you are on expedition and out on expedition while you are at the carts. That or just rekill him. he's not technically alive anymore, so you might not be under obligation to your goddesses to provide peace and prosperity to him. On the other hand, he didn't actually try to kill you. He just raged on you. So maybe you aren't in immediate danger for your life. Or you could see about sending him home to Omega. You are sure that they didn't dump you all here to die, after all. They must have a means of returning you there.

cho ja

"carts falling in circles, they will be back."

wait for the carts to fall past.
count their orbit time.

Okay. When everyone agrees to a time skip, we'll do that. While waiting, you notice a few other objects floating along out there as well.

Really, this place can't have enough mass for anything to orbit very fast. I'd almost expect anything that gets past the horizon to take more than a month to get back.
Also, space here is full of air, so the carts really should be slowed down from orbital velocity by drag.
/applyinglogictofantasyworlds
Sneaky. trying to get ooc information out of the GM by agitating his "this world doesn't work like that" centers. out of curiousity, how big do you think "this place" is?

So I do this now: I go to a widow or something to look outside for the thing.

"So, any of you ladies here lose a husband to death in the past? Can i convince one of you to go look for the behemoth? No? Anyone? Fine I'll do it myself." You march back to the room whee the other half of the group is standing around staring into the sky and shouting at their equipment. Sky is clear. And, after your eyes adjust to the light it is the same sort of dusk level of brightness as it was several hours ago when you arrived in this place.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 07, 2017, 01:31:00 pm »

Noirs eyes widen and she turns towards Aylia and she gives a panicked sound noticing the arrow and Jack's bow.
"J-Jack what the hell!?"
Go to Aylia check out how bad her wound is carefully look at the arrow and figure out how deep in it is.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 07, 2017, 01:51:05 pm »

Reminder to GM that Aylia is wearing her barding (armor), did the arrow strike an unprotected spot or pierce straight through it?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 07, 2017, 01:59:16 pm »

"I didn't fucking mean to! I didn't fucking mean to!Still a bit off on my aim from where I died!"
Go help get my rope back
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 05:12:24 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 07, 2017, 02:05:08 pm »

I glare at jack, and am still growling, but don't move, keeping the zombipode pinned under my bleeding paw.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 07, 2017, 02:15:48 pm »

Dar'yajira immediately charges between Aylia and Jack, a spitting and hissing ball of rage.  It's obvious he's only barely stopping himself from outright attacking Jack, but he does growl out "Twoleg stay away!  It does no more harm, or it loses throat!"

Welp, Dar's pissed.  If Jack advances on Aylia at all, that's gonna be interpreted as harm in his mind, and then he loses his throat.  Same if he nocks another arrow or something.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 07, 2017, 02:18:46 pm »

"I'm going to help fix my mistake. Now, calm down. It was the dumb decision I made but we do not need more bloodshed. I will put down my weapons and help Noir."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49