Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 64926 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair: Complete Collapse
« Reply #300 on: January 03, 2017, 10:56:54 pm »

((The particular spell Ebony meant was "Unbind Magic", which I imagine would just drop the carts on the floor. Which, probably wouldn't be great for the provisions. So, we should maybe find a way to get them down and then try that?)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 03, 2017, 10:58:47 pm »

((The particular spell Ebony meant was "Unbind Magic", which I imagine would just drop the carts on the floor. Which, probably wouldn't be great for the provisions. So, we should maybe find a way to get them down and then try that?)
((I have a grappling hook and rope))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 04, 2017, 04:23:38 pm »

((Player to GM - that has been a major aspect of her life growing up - growing up as a bastard (she is one, by definition) half-breed (that too) without a father (yep) kinda leaves a large mark - and also is at the root of why she's in Omega in the first place - it's the origin of why she feels the need for self-discovery that is why she joined and what is keeping her in Omega. She's undergone a MASSIVE memory loss here, she's barely got anything left of the old content, and I'm assuming to try to fill gaps vague generics have been put in place instead. I'm pointing this out as an "are you sure you want to deal with this?" because she's probably going to have a crisis once she starts finding inconsistencies - like why and how is she a feyblood shapeshifter. Depending on how that goes, she might end up wanting to leave Omega - she's literally lost her motivation to be there - but I as her player don't want to stop playing that character.))

Do I remember what I told the Devil person?

"Mrowr! Mrreow Mreow."
Dar! Get Noir. Ask her to deal with this thing.
"Mrowr."
It can wait until she and Jack are done.
Keep the zombie restrained.
((I considered Aylia's situation (and what I know of Lenglon) carefully before approving this "gift." You needn't assume that the Devil has placed any new information in Aylia's brain, and she does remember the conversation. I understand the risk this places Aylia in as a character in Omega. I look forward to working out what happens now, even if it ends up with us losing Aylia. Like PW, it is hard for me to lose any character, especially a developed one, but I can't eliminate all risk and still have the game be fair and entertaining for all players.))

Once out of sight of the Asiin, the zombie settles down and sulks. You have little trouble keeping it under control.

"[Turtle language, untranslatable.]"

Vow to figure out what the hells The Devil is, and to go hit him with a stick. Hard.
"I vow to find out what the hells that "Devil" is, and to hit him with a stick! hard!"

Cho Ja

are the carts orbiting under their own mechanical power, or the devils spell?

try to find a rope amongst my colleagues and rappel down closer to the carts, if that fails I dunno... maybe throw a flying or morphing teammate at one of the carts.

Neither. You, in that flash that informed you that the carts wee whole again, saw them fall, and begin to loop around the building. For the briefest of moments, you saw the entire building - a jumble of twisting corridors, stack after stack of rooms full of machinery, endless warehouses, complex warrens and beehives, and at the center of it all, a dark engine feebly pumping metallic life into the steel bones and dusty veins of the giant, floating wreck. And the carts are orbiting it, falling endlessly through the air outside, slowly curving around and back toward the start in an extended ovoid of perpetual motion. But you can't see there from here - there are walls in the way, so no throwing people at it just yet.

Are we still expected to fulfill our quest, weren't the carts necessary? Is there still stuff in the carts or has everything fallen out?
"If we want the carts back we could fish at them using the grappling hooks.
You don't know the answers to any of those questions. Only Cho Ja really knows that the carts aren't still crushed in the collapse of the storage room and the starting room, as it was his wish that got them back. You do know that the carts had lots of supplies, as if you were expected to be here for more than a month, at least. people gotta eat, yo.

Team Green
"So, Mr. Eightlegs, how are you feeling? Can you focus on anything other than killing the turtle?"

Assist in zombie taming and retrieving the carts.
"that goddammed turtle let me die! I'm going to return the favor. What? other things? sure sure. I suppose we still have work to do. Or something. I don't know. What are we doing anyway? No one tells me anything."

Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Metal Cat

Dar'yajira looks over at Aylia as she speaks, nodding affirmately.  He turns around to relay her orders, then pauses watching the two young people embrace.  He waits for a couple seconds, then just starts awkwardly pacing a circle around the pair, watching intently.

Awkwardly orbit Noir and Jack uselessly.  Since Dar's not doing anything useful, I have an OOC question: Wasn't this area saturated with heavy dust clouds, and the entire structure shaking ominously?  I'm worried that the team's a bit more relaxed than they should be.
the dust seems oddly clear form the immediate area, and the rumbling from the collapse has stopped. Everything nearby is coated in a new layer of black grime, and people are still coughing and sniffling from exposure, but overall that threat has passed. Or ... perhaps it's the eye of the storm. That still, small moment before the thunder and lightning.

hmm ... that seems to be all the bolded action posts. good chatter, guys. Good to see you all active and discussing the situation.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 04, 2017, 05:44:54 pm »

Cho Ja
"Carts are back, bring rope and hooks to catch them."

inform expedition that the carts have been restored as per my wish, but not recovered, and lead a group to retrieve them.
if the devil thinks hes getting full price for this hes got another thing coming.

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 04, 2017, 06:04:18 pm »

Check if I have my rope and hook on me and help get the carts. If I've nothing, help Noir
"Alright. If I may recommend one thing. We aim to survive first, the carts are second."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:51:53 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 04, 2017, 06:53:55 pm »

Seeing Jack break away from Noir, Dar immediately darts between them and awkwardly stands up on his back legs in order to be more visible. "Halfdragon!  Shifter requests it deal with Terrapode.  It has... become unnatural, due to Devil Curse."

Hang around Noir and Aylia, keeping watchful for danger.  Also, get an Attunement for Aylia, so that she can be found more easily in the future.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 04, 2017, 08:29:54 pm »

Do a quick check to see if anybody needs to be fixed. Help with cart-recovering schemes.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 04, 2017, 09:00:21 pm »

I set the terrapode zombie down while I wait, but when it begins moving I growl at it, and if it tries to scuttle off I'm pinning it to the ground with my paw.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 05, 2017, 10:14:53 am »

Noir kinda looked at dar a little confused then looked over to the zombie Terrance she believed
"Alright dar back me up...I'm gonna try to calm him.
Go over to Terrance not too close to be grabbed but enough so I can use my charm magic use said charm magic on him.
"Hello Terrance mind calming down a little just for right now focus on me Alright you'll feel better."
((Time to test my charmmmmnm magic though ic noir has used this a few times in back story.))
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:18:47 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 05, 2017, 04:04:05 pm »

((pff Totally stealing my rope idea.))
"Who here is able to fly? Changing Fly lass. Could ya perhaps help attach tha rope to ta cart?"
I'll point at Aylia while saying this.
"By tha way. I totally told ya guys not to trust that devil guy. I also wanted ta know where I got this curse from but I suspected whishes aren't granted for nothing."[/font]

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 05, 2017, 04:36:29 pm »

Team Still Undead
"Right now, we're trying to retrieve our carts."

Help with recovering carts in any way I can.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 06, 2017, 02:51:45 am »

Cho Ja
"Carts are back, bring rope and hooks to catch them."

inform expedition that the carts have been restored as per my wish, but not recovered, and lead a group to retrieve them.
if the devil thinks hes getting full price for this hes got another thing coming.

You Solam, and Asiin head to the back of the machine room. You look into the rack room, only to discover that most of the rack room is a story below. and about a third of it is glowing pale blue. Well, at least the back wall is missing, so you can see open sky beyond.

Check if I have my rope and hook on me and help get the carts. If I've nothing, help Noir
"Alright. If I may recommend one thing. We aim to survive first, the carts are second."
Your rope is still dangling in the crystal cancer room where you threw it before you died.

Seeing Jack break away from Noir, Dar immediately darts between them and awkwardly stands up on his back legs in order to be more visible. "Halfdragon!  Shifter requests it deal with Terrapode.  It has... become unnatural, due to Devil Curse."

Hang around Noir and Aylia, keeping watchful for danger.  Also, get an Attunement for Aylia, so that she can be found more easily in the future.
you start to attune to Aylia, while keeping one eye on Jack and another on Terrance. It's enough to make your tail lash back and forth in irritation.

Do a quick check to see if anybody needs to be fixed. Help with cart-recovering schemes.
Nobody but the angry zombie seems to need your assistance. yu shuffle off to the back with Cho. "That's a lot of broken. Hey, look! there;s a rope hanging from the ceiling over there. We can use that to help get the carts back." -pause- "Now, how do we get to the rope?"

I set the terrapode zombie down while I wait, but when it begins moving I growl at it, and if it tries to scuttle off I'm pinning it to the ground with my paw.
"Don't know why you're so mad at me. it was that turtle what let people die on this mission, not me. I'm not the one who broke the first cart, I'm not the one that grew all those crystals. I'm not the one who drove the second cart into the crystals. All I did was try not to die. And that Turtle was sooooo helpful there, wasn't she?"

Noir kinda looked at dar a little confused then looked over to the zombie Terrance she believed
"Alright dar back me up...I'm gonna try to calm him.
Go over to Terrance not too close to be grabbed but enough so I can use my charm magic use said charm magic on him.
"Hello Terrance mind calming down a little just for right now focus on me Alright you'll feel better."
((Time to test my charmmmmnm magic though ic noir has used this a few times in back story.))
The Zombie takes one look at you and snarls. "You all keep that ... that ... that THING away from me!Go on, get! shoo. The Octopode starts rummaging through it's case, and pulls out it's blowgun. Aylia stamps on it firmly, making aiming difficult. It wraps four arms around Aylia's leg in a vain attempt to lift her off it.

((pff Totally stealing my rope idea.))
"Who here is able to fly? Changing Fly lass. Could ya perhaps help attach tha rope to ta cart?"
I'll point at Aylia while saying this.
"By tha way. I totally told ya guys not to trust that devil guy. I also wanted ta know where I got this curse from but I suspected whishes aren't granted for nothing."
You point at Aylia. She seems disinterested in your told you sos.

Team Still Undead
"Right now, we're trying to retrieve our carts."

Help with recovering carts in any way I can.
You head out to the back with Cho and Asiin. You don't immediately see the carts. "They still buried down there, or what?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 06, 2017, 03:31:31 am »

Walk over to Terrance corpse and say the following:
"Stand down! You may not be alive, but you can think, you are undead it seems. You can either help us and get through this or we can put you back down."
Jack sighs
"Look, I'm sorry that you died, I am sorry my order killed so many...I don't know how I shall really continue with that knowledge other than to get through this to keep Noir alive. Please, help us...help me make up for my mistake. I need you, we need you."

If he doesn't stand down, see if I've my bow on my and arrows, then shoot him. If I have my sword, stab him
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 06, 2017, 09:56:24 am »

Noir nods at Terrance's words and moves back clearly getting away from him

"Sorry sorry I won't get close unless I have to alright Terrance.Sorry if  I'm freaking you out or making you mad alright?
Noir looks over at the rope and quietly blinks before she twitches her wings and seems to think.
"Not sure if I could get that rope and get back here easily without worry.
How hard would it be to fly to the rope and fly back here with it? If Terrance does attack either dodge or use my scaled parts to defend.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 06, 2017, 10:04:54 am »

((I'm currently not up for making Aylia's actual sounds in quotation marks, just please note that she's just making cat-noises so Dar will need to relay whatever she's saying.))
"Dar, could you ask someone to check for the giant jellyfish thing that was eating the area before the Devil thing happened? If it's still coming we can't stay here, and I can't afford to shift, but if it's not then I can take the time to get out of my armor, help retrieve the carts, and get the armor back on."
I'm not going anywhere until I have reason to think the zombipode isn't going to attack teammates. I have no reason to attack zombi-terrance either though.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 49