Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 64920 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair: Complete Collapse
« Reply #285 on: January 03, 2017, 11:34:12 am »

'Oh. what a nice man."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 03, 2017, 01:34:12 pm »

Are we still expected to fulfill our quest, weren't the carts necessary? Is there still stuff in the carts or has everything fallen out?
"If we want the carts back we could fish at them using the grappling hooks.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 03, 2017, 02:01:18 pm »

Are we still expected to fulfill our quest, weren't the carts necessary?
((The person to ask for that would be Aylia, and the answer would be yes, we're still expected to fulfill the quest - if you asked her.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 03, 2017, 02:53:25 pm »

"I'm...relinquishing any command position I have. I don't view myself capable or worthy to lead after my mistake cost people their lives."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 03, 2017, 03:17:20 pm »

Team Green
"So, Mr. Eightlegs, how are you feeling? Can you focus on anything other than killing the turtle?"

Assist in zombie taming and retrieving the carts.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 03, 2017, 03:21:41 pm »

Team Didn't Die (not sure which team that is? Green?)

Ebony goes over to Aylia. "Excuse me? Didn't we need the carts for the mission? What do we do without them?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 03, 2017, 03:38:24 pm »

Team Didn't Die (not sure which team that is? Green?)

Ebony goes over to Aylia. "Excuse me? Didn't we need the carts for the mission? What do we do without them?"
I look at Ebony then up at the carts. then back at Ebony. Then I point a paw at the carts.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 03, 2017, 04:05:45 pm »

((Wait, am I just confused
I thought the carts were gone because it was mentioned they were sent back to a room that was destroyed))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 03, 2017, 04:07:05 pm »

I thought the carts were gone because it was mentioned they were sent back to a room that was destroyed))
((They're literally flying in circles around us))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 03, 2017, 08:01:40 pm »

Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Metal Cat

Dar'yajira looks over at Aylia as she speaks, nodding affirmately.  He turns around to relay her orders, then pauses watching the two young people embrace.  He waits for a couple seconds, then just starts awkwardly pacing a circle around the pair, watching intently.

Awkwardly orbit Noir and Jack uselessly.  Since Dar's not doing anything useful, I have an OOC question: Wasn't this area saturated with heavy dust clouds, and the entire structure shaking ominously?  I'm worried that the team's a bit more relaxed than they should be.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 03, 2017, 08:18:49 pm »

Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Metal Cat

Dar'yajira looks over at Aylia as she speaks, nodding affirmately.  He turns around to relay her orders, then pauses watching the two young people embrace.  He waits for a couple seconds, then just starts awkwardly pacing a circle around the pair, watching intently.

Awkwardly orbit Noir and Jack uselessly.  Since Dar's not doing anything useful, I have an OOC question: Wasn't this area saturated with heavy dust clouds, and the entire structure shaking ominously?  I'm worried that the team's a bit more relaxed than they should be.
((Shhhh, let Oz forget that the entire area is being eaten by a giant jellyfish thing for now. People need a moment to reorient and regroup, stop rocking the boat! :P))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 03, 2017, 08:35:28 pm »

"Does anyone remember what was in the carts, and possibly know if it or the carts themselves could survive a fall from that height? I have a spell that may be able to dispel whatever magic is causing the carts to float but I don't think that would help if whatever is inside is magic, or would blow us up if it fell."
Sigtext!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 03, 2017, 09:03:37 pm »

((I used my wish to recover them, but the room they were in was destroyed so the devil sent them to us... in a monkey paw kind of way.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 03, 2017, 10:42:37 pm »

"Does anyone remember what was in the carts, and possibly know if it or the carts themselves could survive a fall from that height? I have a spell that may be able to dispel whatever magic is causing the carts to float but I don't think that would help if whatever is inside is magic, or would blow us up if it fell."
((Oz was intentionally vague about what's inside the carts, his standard policy of "mission briefings should be vague and useless because it's more fun to watch people flounder blindly and confused" applied. We got no information about what the carts can do, how to use them, what's in them, where we were being ported, what we're looking for beyond its name, what are known threats in the area, what the region looks like, what are the diplomatic status of various locals, or any of the other basic stuff you would include in a normal mission briefing.

From my pre-mission discussion with Oz, I can tell you that the carts contained everyone's provisions for the mission, and it was insisted that Aylia's provisions be on the cart instead of in her bags when I asked for her to have a couple day's rations in her saddlebags. I didn't press the issue so I don't have a reason for that decision. The carts also were supposed to carry a large amount of other mission-related supplies. The carts themselves I think are mission-critical for practicality purposes, not actually fully required exactly, just not realistically doable without, and they are valuable to Omega, so one of our objectives is to get them back to Omega at mission's end.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 03, 2017, 10:45:17 pm »

(I recommend restraining the carts and getting them down with us and we move into a safe place, then go through what the carts contain.))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49