Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark  (Read 34964 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark
« Reply #135 on: January 02, 2017, 04:07:25 pm »

Alright fellas. Hang onto your hats. I'll be running the combat for the next couple turns, and then PW will resume control once more. You haven't been forgotten.

oh, and read my response to the others, so you follow what's going on with everyone, mkay?  Idon't want to have to repeat myself too much.

Try to make our location hidden behind an illussionary wall, continue clamping to shark boy and lava girl
your illusions keep getting whipped away by the swirling force of the water. the giant crab claw is followed into your vision be a giant crab face, and two giant grab legs. looks delicious, if a tad angry.

Use my knowledge of traveling under water to find a air pocket for my passenger
You look around wildly for a moment. the airlock is full of water, and outside, there is a bit of a current as the drill you are on descends. It makes finding stable air pockets pretty difficult. The machinery is hidden in the dark, so you can't tell from here where the air is. Gonna have to swim into the machinery to get a better look.

Follow after shark guy, to find an air pocket.
"I have an idea!" You burble. And with that, you cast an illusion of massive air bubbles all around you. Fortunately, tey blow away in the current before anyone has time to try to breathe them.

Just stand still and observe for now. If it seems like it's about to hit me, Use my clockwork magic to freeze the claw in place.
It doesn't attack this round, but the angry massive seafood is definitely approaching with hostile intent. It bangs its secondary claw against one of the outcroppings of the massive machine. you hear metal squeal in protest, and a deep, rhythmic knocking sound. Better get it before it gets you.

Place myself helplessly at the disposal of these other fellows as I try not to drown, look for some kind of air pocket also.
One of the searchlights crosses the machine where the Crab just struck it. A trail of bubbles leaks out of a panel that looks like it has been knocked loose. If you can make it there, you might find some air.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 02, 2017, 04:19:24 pm »

Keep clamiping onto the shark man, start trying to make bubbles of air in front of us
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2017, 04:26:05 pm »

Get to those air bubbles, I really don't feel like drowning today.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2017, 06:21:18 pm »

Help people to the air bubbles starting with the most incompetent at swimming first
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2017, 06:28:36 pm »

It might be giant crab, but it's still just a crab when it comes down to it. Use Assume Direct control on its main claw, holding it in place, triggering its autotomy reflex.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 03, 2017, 01:36:25 pm »

swim towards the air bubbles cast a blinding illusion onto the crab,
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2017, 07:43:26 pm »

Ugh. My spreadsheet is falling behind on new characters. I'm stating to have to look people's sheets up in various places. If you haven't yet done so, please place your sheet in the character sheet thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159592.msg7258740#msg7258740
it's okay to have multiple sheets in one post, just be sure to mark which is currently active.

It might be giant crab, but it's still just a crab when it comes down to it. Use Assume Direct control on its main claw, holding it in place, triggering its autotomy reflex.
That's pretty clever. You freeze the massive claw in place. You feel the limits of your power straining to maintain control against the sheer weight of the claw, but you endure. The Crab does not immediately tear it's own limb off though. It seems intent on pulling it free first.

Keep clamiping onto the shark man, start trying to make bubbles of air in front of us
Get to those air bubbles, I really don't feel like drowning today.
you two begin swimming toward the air bubbles, which, in case it was unclear, means you are also swimming toward the giant seafood platter that wants to eat you.
Nup Nup (please put the name at the top of your posts for a little so I remember) gets about half way there, and Fiddler gets about a fourth of the way. If Fiddler doesn't get help, he will drown before he makes it at this rate.
since Nup Nup doesn't have air magic or an equivalent, and is currently occupied with a very strenuous activity, he doesn't get a chance at all to attempt to make air bubbles.

swim towards the air bubbles cast a blinding illusion onto the crab,
Help people to the air bubbles starting with the most incompetent at swimming first
Giglam grabs Xylo and hauls fin, easily outpacing the other two, you get about three fourths of the way there this round, since goatbottom isn't exactly hydrodynamic.

the giant crab takes a swing at you guys with his smaller claw. It doesn't get much traction, but it knocks the goatman out of the sharkman's graps, and pushes the kobold away from the air pocket. the current from the passing of the claw actually seemingly works a little in favor of Fiddler, pulliing him forward in it's wake.
Fiddler and the Kobold are now about a third of the way there. The kobold is a bit dazed. Sharkman is having a blast.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2017, 08:00:44 pm »

That's pretty clever.
((The wonders of wikipedia and some random crab fishing forum.))

"Determined statement: Soon, you bottom dwelling vermin. Resistance is futile."

Keep my magical hold on its claw, and add in some random tugging to simulate a predator yanking it around. If I feel my grip slipping or my power getting low, consume the charge from my Interlocking gears (reusable clockwork magic totem).

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2017, 08:06:39 pm »

Push the goatman toward the bubbles then go back for the kobold dragging him to the bubbles

Now I've missed this Giglam said with a smile.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 03, 2017, 08:09:38 pm »

Try not to get separated from the group
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2017, 08:58:22 pm »

Well, only one thing to do - try and get some air!

EDIT: actually see if using my brass knuckles against the ground to propel myself forward would be helpful!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 06:20:53 am by Harry Baldman »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 03, 2017, 09:05:43 pm »

Swim for the air, attempt to use my illusion magic to give the appearance of a large predator tugging on the claw of the crab in time with Clanckers pulling.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2017, 03:51:25 pm »

That's pretty clever.
((The wonders of wikipedia and some random crab fishing forum.))

"Determined statement: Soon, you bottom dwelling vermin. Resistance is futile."

Keep my magical hold on its claw, and add in some random tugging to simulate a predator yanking it around. If I feel my grip slipping or my power getting low, consume the charge from my Interlocking gears (reusable clockwork magic totem).
You fight through the strain and begin jerking on the giant claw. it works! and the Crab tears free. Without the resistance from the crab, however, the claw begins to gyrate and tumble in the water wildly. Looks like you put a little too much oomph into that one. The crab begins to scuttle away into the darkness, but not before smashing into a few support struts and the cavern wall. the whole machine lists suddenly to the side, and the sound of stone grinding and tumbling can be heard.

Push the goatman toward the bubbles then go back for the kobold dragging him to the bubbles

Now I've missed this Giglam said with a smile.
You shove the goatman headfirst toward the loosened metal plate. the sudden shift of the machine causes that part to tilt toward him as he goes, and he ends up colliding with the framework. No time to worry about that. You grab the kobold and drag him along as well, easily dodging the rogue giant claw.

Try not to get separated from the group
You hang tight while Giglam tugs you toward relative safety.

Well, only one thing to do - try and get some air!

EDIT: actually see if using my brass knuckles against the ground to propel myself forward would be helpful!

You are currently swimming. Your objective is above and forward, so you aren't in contact with the floor. You swim. In desperation, you turn around and punch the water. A conical blast erupts from your hand, shoving your elbow into your gut and pushing you a little more toward the alleged air pocket. You can make it next round, if the world doesn't collapse on you first.

Swim for the air, attempt to use my illusion magic to give the appearance of a large predator tugging on the claw of the crab in time with Clanckers pulling.
You ain't got time for no illusions. the Shark thrusts you toward the loose metal plate and the diminishing stream of bubbles. You are making good time. Too good. In an instant, the wall rushes to meet you, faster than you were rushing to meet it. You slam into the wall, expelling all your air and inhaling some water. the world goes dark around the edges, and you feel panic rising.

A rather large rock strikes Clunkers as he fights to maintain balance. warning signals shoot through his mechanical brain in a chaotic jumble of misinformation. Something is broken, no doubt about that.

meanwhile, the wildly tumbling Claw collides with Fiddler, Nups, and Zylo. Fiddler is winded, and needs to get into the air this turn. Zylo is unconscious, and Nups is crushed against the wall with a reverberating bang. Red mist spreads from his broken body, which floats away in the current. The metal plate is torn completely free, making access to the inside easier, at least.

Giglam dodges like he was stepping around furniture in his own home.[/siz]

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2017, 03:58:15 pm »

It strikes me that I just left you in a "repeat last action" moment, except for Clunkers. So I am going ahead and doing the next action.

Giglam basically grabs both Fiddler and Zylo and hauls them into the air pocket, where they gasp and choke and try to gain their bearings. The whole structure settles over a turn or two ending up at about a twenty degree angle. Fiddler and Zylo are wounded - Fiddler has some sharp pains in his chest and side, and Zylo's leg isn't supposed to bend like that.

Clunkers skids along the now tilted floor until he bangs up against a strut. He can see over the edge - spotlights below are shining and flickering wildly. Looking down with his one good eye, he records severe damage to his right side - arm crushed beyond use, and leg mangled, though less so than the arm. remarkably, he still has hold of his staff.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2017, 05:01:47 pm »

Clunkers looks at his ruined arm, wiggling it about a bit. The hand and lower arm just flop around uselessly, with a bit of fingers falling off and floating gently to the ground.

"Weary statement: There goes the arm again. At least the gnomes won't be out of a job soon."

Run a quick diagnostic to see if I can still move, activate some of my redundant systems to ease the strain if need be. Then, using my staff as a crutch where needed, get up and make my way over to the rest of the team.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27