Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25

Author Topic: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 18.0: Donation of Glaciem  (Read 30437 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 0.0: Rotat (talk-only, 72h)
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2016, 06:14:09 pm »

"Still ain' anythin' I wan'. Guess I'll SUPPORT P0013, its tha only one without superfluous amounts o' fire an' ice."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2016, 09:02:48 pm »

"I like P0014, it has rocks."

Support P0014
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2016, 01:49:57 am »

"Also."
Propose that, if both P0005 and P0006 pass, P0006 is the water level of P0005, and P0005's fire level is erased.
Let's call that... P0005.6 (or P5.6).
"I don't want 2 fire lands."
Oppose fire level erasure

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2016, 05:17:51 am »

Support P0000
Oppose P0002
Clarify that P0006 is what P0003 was meant to be.
Oppose P0004
Oppose P0007
Oppose P0009
Oppose P0010
Support P0011
Oppose P0013
Oppose P0014

Neutral on P0001
"An Interesting World, And A Sight To Behold, Aye, All Can Tell! But Is It Not Perhaps Slow To Be Made, And Upon Which Side Is Battle To Be Had, Within Or Without The Serpent?"
Neutral on P0005
"Yah, I Can Appreciate The Scale For It, But There Is No Battle Here; Simply Separation. What Glory Can There Be Won In Battle If The World Itself Does Not Join You?"
Neutral on P0012
"I See Not Why This Would Be Needed; All Our Elemental Companions Are Accounted For In Mine Own Proposition, Including The Cold, Which This Includes Naught! P0006 Has Water Between Ice And Fire, Land Within, Air Above, And Glory All Around! How Much More Would Be Necessary?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2016, 08:16:33 am »

[Felicia, Nature Goddess]

"Well then, I will propose something else then."
Propose a new world.
The world is made of pieces of earth, most is flat, but the mountains are exceptionally tall, and have holes going through the world. If anyone falls, they will fall into the abyss and be consumed.
The north is cold, and the south is warm, but there are no land of fire and ice, though the northern winter is very cold.
Rivers and oceans flow, but they can drain into the abyss. Whatever water goes into the abyss, emerges from natural springs, ensuring that the oceans never deplete.
Land masses may even be wholly separate from the main land, and need bridges built to access them. They also don't all lie on the same level.
The main land, is made of a lot of land masses, and as such has the most land, but also the most holes.

"Good and dangerous."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2016, 08:21:10 am »

Propose a new world.
The world is made of pieces of earth, most is flat, but the mountains are exceptionally tall, and have holes going through the world. If anyone falls, they will fall into the abyss and be consumed.
The north is cold, and the south is warm, but there are no land of fire and ice, though the northern winter is very cold.
Rivers and oceans flow, but they can drain into the abyss. Whatever water goes into the abyss, emerges from natural springs, ensuring that the oceans never deplete.
Land masses may even be wholly separate from the main land, and need bridges built to access them. They also don't all lie on the same level.
The main land, is made of a lot of land masses, and as such has the most land, but also the most holes.

"Good and dangerous."
Oppose

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2016, 11:36:51 am »

"And there's the problem. There's why people include the fire and ice, but not air or earth.
Because the fire god will oppose anything which doesn't have fire. While air and earth, they are always present, so they don't need special land.
Also, ice land isn't as bad as fire land, as we can have polar bears and seals there.
"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2016, 11:51:28 am »

Propose a new world.

"Good and dangerous."

"Support"

"And there's the problem. There's why people include the fire and ice, but not air or earth.
Because the fire god will oppose anything which doesn't have fire. While air and earth, they are always present, so they don't need special land.
Also, ice land isn't as bad as fire land, as we can have polar bears and seals there.
"

"Ain' that a kick in da head? Alrigh', from here on out I'll support anythin' the Fir god opposes fer lack o' fir. Ain' like it makes a difference at this point anyhow."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2016, 11:59:36 am »

"
AT LEAST I DON'T ACT LIKE CERTAIN GODS AND OPPOSE EVERYTHING EXCEPT MY OWN WORLD PROPOSAL.

I DON'T SEE THE PROBLEM WITH VOTING FOR WHAT I WANT AND OPPOSING WHAT DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH OF WHAT I WANT? THAT'S RATHER THE POINT OF VOTING. I'M NOT FORCING THE OTHER GODS TO FOLLOW MY WISHES, MERELY PRACTISING MY DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS.

THE ONLY 'PROBLEM' HERE IS THAT FOR SOME REASON YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT.

AND YOU ARE CORRECT. WATER, AIR AND EARTH ARE ALL USUALLY PRESENT IN MOST OF THE PROPOSALS IN LARGE QUANTITIES, WITH FIRE SOMETIMES DISTINCTLY LACKING. THIS IS OF COURSE COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE TO ME.

"Ain' that a kick in da head? Alrigh', from here on out I'll support anythin' the Fir god opposes fer lack o' fir. Ain' like it makes a difference at this point anyhow."
OR, AND THIS MIGHT BE A NOVEL IDEA FOR YOU, YOU COULD SIMPLY SUPPORT THE PROPOSALS THAT YOU WANT, INSTEAD OF TRYING TO SPITE ME FOR SOME REASON.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 12:09:11 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2016, 12:13:10 pm »

OR, AND THIS MIGHT BE A NOVEL IDEA FOR YOU, YOU COULD SIMPLY SUPPORT THE PROPOSALS THAT YOU WANT, INSTEAD OF TRYING TO SPITE ME FOR SOME REASON.

"I ain't tryin' to spite ya. Yer idea o' 'good' is jus' dummer than a sack o' hammers. Nature boy over der' thinks yer da reason der is too much fir in da proposals, so I'll be da reason the fire is limited ta reasonable levels."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2016, 01:29:34 pm »

Propose a new world.

"Good and dangerous."
<Support.  Although, simply having the bottom of the world be lava...  Propose this.>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2016, 03:24:20 pm »

AT LEAST I DON'T ACT LIKE CERTAIN GODS AND OPPOSE EVERYTHING EXCEPT MY OWN WORLD PROPOSAL.
"And where did I oppose everything except my own world proposal? I oppose world animals because I don't want world to be on animals.
I wanted that, if P0005 and P0006 both succeed, that the fire ocean be removed.
"
I DON'T SEE THE PROBLEM WITH VOTING FOR WHAT I WANT AND OPPOSING WHAT DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH OF WHAT I WANT? THAT'S RATHER THE POINT OF VOTING. I'M NOT FORCING THE OTHER GODS TO FOLLOW MY WISHES, MERELY PRACTISING MY DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS.
"The problem of you voting for fire as a world feature, is that you're voting for fire as a world feature."
"I have every right to complain that you hold such sway over others, that they do your job for you, saving you the effort of doing it yourself."
AND YOU ARE CORRECT. WATER, AIR AND EARTH ARE ALL USUALLY PRESENT IN MOST OF THE PROPOSALS IN LARGE QUANTITIES, WITH FIRE SOMETIMES DISTINCTLY LACKING. THIS IS OF COURSE COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE TO ME.
"Water is present because it's a good natural concept. We make people require to drink, because it feels natural to do so. The way it flows freely, yet is so heavy it does so by the ground, and has much resistance, makes it a good counter to air. It also interacts with Earth in interesting ways. Water can also be in the form of blood, flowing through veins, like water through rivers. The bodies of mortals mimicking the workings of the world. It's also heavy enough to allow floating, and some can even counteract gravity while submersed. This creates an interesting contrast to how it works on land, even if the land dwellers are right by a body of water. And it allows for the later innovation of boats.

Air is present because it too is a good natural concept. The concept of breathing feels natural as well, and the constant need to do so, and the means of bringing air about the body, gives a rhythm to life. And that air is brought around by blood. Air works well with water. Breathing also makes the bodies replicate the blowing of winds, through plains and valleys, allowing people to breathe out air in loud noise, or soothing song.

Earth provides something solid for air and water to rest upon, and by holding earth up, we can hold up everything else in the world. It also provides the strongest materials. We don't say hard as water, or hard as air. We say hard as stone. You can hold a stone with a hand a tenth it's size. It also provides a solid footing for feet to rest on, and roots to rest in. Even if the soil is wet, it remains solid, and will support weight much better than water or air. Earth also means that the air breathers aren't isolated to either the air, or swimming through the water.

Fire on the other hand, does not provide such concepts, because we have no use for it in the world itself. Fire is often created, not found. It is a process that happens between the Earth and Air, not on it's own. Thus it is not an element of the world, but an element of things happening. It is also destructive. Fire will boil Water, and burn Air and Earth. The only place where fire may be part of the world, is the sun, where it's too far away to harm the world, instead helping it, providing warmth. Providing the concept of life, as the sun will only burn for so long. We may extend that time, but it's temporary nature will always be there.

But that is not enough for you. You want a part of the world made of fire. A force usually restricted to the skies, on the Earth. And this, I cannot agree with. The only Fire Land I will let you have, is that the lands are made hotter during the day. That there is a Sun providing warmth to the world. To have the sun on the surface, would devastate the world.
"
Propose, a sun.
Regardless if any proposals have a sun already in the world or not. If this proposal passes, the world will have a sun, no matter what.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2016, 03:30:15 pm »

"And where did I oppose everything except my own world proposal? I oppose world animals because I don't want world to be on animals.
I wanted that, if P0005 and P0006 both succeed, that the fire ocean be removed.
"
I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT YOU.
"The problem of you voting for fire as a world feature, is that you're voting for fire as a world feature."
SO NO PROBLEM AT ALL THEN
"I have every right to complain that you hold such sway over others, that they do your job for you, saving you the effort of doing it yourself."
EXCEPT THIS INFLUENCE YOU ASCRIBE TO ME IS LARGELY IMAGINED AND DREAMED UP BY YOU. I DO NOT 'BOSS' AROUND THE OTHER GODS.
"Water is present because it's a good natural concept. We make people require to drink, because it feels natural to do so. The way it flows freely, yet is so heavy it does so by the ground, and has much resistance, makes it a good counter to air. It also interacts with Earth in interesting ways. Water can also be in the form of blood, flowing through veins, like water through rivers. The bodies of mortals mimicking the workings of the world. It's also heavy enough to allow floating, and some can even counteract gravity while submersed. This creates an interesting contrast to how it works on land, even if the land dwellers are right by a body of water. And it allows for the later innovation of boats.

Air is present because it too is a good natural concept. The concept of breathing feels natural as well, and the constant need to do so, and the means of bringing air about the body, gives a rhythm to life. And that air is brought around by blood. Air works well with water. Breathing also makes the bodies replicate the blowing of winds, through plains and valleys, allowing people to breathe out air in loud noise, or soothing song.

Earth provides something solid for air and water to rest upon, and by holding earth up, we can hold up everything else in the world. It also provides the strongest materials. We don't say hard as water, or hard as air. We say hard as stone. You can hold a stone with a hand a tenth it's size. It also provides a solid footing for feet to rest on, and roots to rest in. Even if the soil is wet, it remains solid, and will support weight much better than water or air. Earth also means that the air breathers aren't isolated to either the air, or swimming through the water.
THIS IS ALL A BUNCH OF BALONEY. YOU CLAIM I HOLD A LARGE AMOUNT OF INFLUENCE, BUT WHAT OF THE INFLUENCE THE AIR, WATER AND EARTH GODS HAVE ON YOU? DOUBLE STANDARDS MUCH?

Fire on the other hand, does not provide such concepts, because we have no use for it in the world itself. Fire is often created, not found. It is a process that happens between the Earth and Air, not on it's own. Thus it is not an element of the world, but an element of things happening. It is also destructive. Fire will boil Water, and burn Air and Earth. The only place where fire may be part of the world, is the sun, where it's too far away to harm the world, instead helping it, providing warmth. Providing the concept of life, as the sun will only burn for so long. We may extend that time, but it's temporary nature will always be there.

But that is not enough for you. You want a part of the world made of fire. A force usually restricted to the skies, on the Earth. And this, I cannot agree with. The only Fire Land I will let you have, is that the lands are made hotter during the day. That there is a Sun providing warmth to the world. To have the sun on the surface, would devastate the world."
YOUR NARROWMINDED VIEW OF FIRE IS NOTED.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 04:16:09 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2016, 03:53:13 pm »

"I must heartily disagree Nature Goddess."
"Fire is an important part of nature, as it creates space for new life in old ecosystems. Sure it is destructive in it's own nature, but this destruction is a valuable part of nature. Without death how would life be meaningful. The transformation of materials into another is a power inherent to fire. Fire burns wood, wood turns to ash, ash falls on the ground and fertilizes, twenty new plants will grow, and the cycle continues.

While a plane of fire seems alien at first, I believe it could be, if it has its place. I do not wish for an eternally burning world, but I do think that the violence of fire is a necessary one."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2016, 06:03:15 pm »

"Indeed friend, the destructive force of fire is precisely the reason why it is vital to a world. But why think of the flame as a force of violence? Myself, the flame is life itself; it bursts into existence, it changes the place where it occurs, it disappears when its purpose is fufilled.

Fire is the force that burns through the candle of a life, but if there were no fire the candle could never be lit.

Let there be a plane of fire, let its existence remind us of life, of the force of change. And with it let us remember that it is no more important than the water that extinguishes it, the earth from which it comes and the air of which it is sustained.

Oh, it appears I have waxed philosophical. Forgive an old god for his ramblings, friends."
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:31:54 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25