Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 18.0: Donation of Glaciem  (Read 30441 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 1.0: Tomorrow has arrived
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2016, 08:30:03 am »

[Felicia, Nature Goddess]
Oppose the Oilweed and Blacktide algae.
Support the Ohel fish.
BEHOLD! FELICIA'S DASTARDLY PLOT TO HAVE THE CREATURES OF CRITTER SUFFER A SHORT, PAINFUL EXISTENCE BEFORE GOING EXTINCT FROM STARVATION, THEIR FOOD SOURCE DENIED THEM.

"But... I shall not let you threaten the other lands with your fire."
Create Dryads, nature spirits taking the form of a beautiful lady. But has a hole in their back, surrounded by bark. They have affinity for all the elements, and, when endangered, can wreathe themselves in bark and stone. They are made to be resistant to fire, and able to block the path of fire elementals, so a group can trap them, and starve them.
Use 12 Essence in their creation, aiming for 0.6 U of a Divine Race.

Any extra points for divine is to be used in making them stronger, tougher, and more magical.
SO WOULD ANYONE OTHER THAN FELICIA, AND CRITTER I SUPPOSE, HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME JUST BURNING THESE GUYS?

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2016, 09:16:41 am »

Propose that all the gods become the sun, giving the world a dozen and change suns across its various layers.
Oppose
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2016, 09:48:26 am »

Create the Ur'kid, a nomadic race of creatures resembling bear-sized spiders. The Ur'kid are somewhat disjointed from time and space, giving them the appearance of being in multiple places at once and the ability to see a short distance into the future and the past. The Ur'kid consider themselves to be somewhat above worldly matters, instead focusing on the mysteries of the universe. They can be found in increased numbers around areas of recent divine intervention. Elite race, affinity for divine magic. Essence(w/ related sphere: Time): 7.2.

Support the God-sun. "Friends, perhaps each sun could have its own effect on the areas which it shines. That would be interesting, yes?"

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 06:27:39 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2016, 09:55:51 am »

Support the God-sun. "Friends, perhaps each sun could have its own effect on the areas which it shines. That would be interesting, yes?"
I MIGHT SUPPORT SUCH A SUB-PROPOSAL DEPENDING ON DETAILS.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2016, 10:23:29 am »

For example friend, the areas on which your sun shines tend to burst into flames, and the areas on which my sun shines Time slows down. I supppose each god would choose what effect their sun would have on the world, yes?

Of course, the effects could be greater or lesser depending on how we Gods wish them to be. They might cause minor effects or major ones, so long as every sun is roughly equal in power."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2016, 10:53:24 am »

"You are proposing that we are turned into suns. Not that a sun is created for each god. I'm not even sure we would keep our god powers when we're turned into suns."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2016, 11:07:31 am »

For example friend, the areas on which your sun shines tend to burst into flames, and the areas on which my sun shines Time slows down. I supppose each god would choose what effect their sun would have on the world, yes?

Of course, the effects could be greater or lesser depending on how we Gods wish them to be. They might cause minor effects or major ones, so long as every sun is roughly equal in power."

Support

"You are proposing that we are turned into suns. Not that a sun is created for each god. I'm not even sure we would keep our god powers when we're turned into suns."
OF COURSE WE KEEP OUR GOD-STUFF, THE PROPOSAL DOESN'T SPECIFY OTHERWISE. YOU SEEM TO LIKE JUMPING TO UNFOUNDED CONCLUSIONS AND BEING ALARMIST IN GENERAL WITH NO EVIDENCE.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 11:21:58 am by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2016, 11:31:13 am »

"I said you would want more fire, and what you do is make just more fire.
You are comparing fire powers in a body of fire, to nature powers in a body of fire.
And yes, it will be a body of fire, because you always want fire.
I know you will try something fire related with the Dryads, and gave them fire resistance specifically because of that.
You say I am denying the food source of the Ohel fish, when I am merely reducing the quantity of your plants, so the risk of ecological damage is reduced.
It is up to you if you cancel your action of creating the plants or not.
"

Oppose
"It is still turning gods into suns. And you are also granting more fire power to the fire god that wants ever more fire."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2016, 12:00:15 pm »

I HAVE NEVER DENIED WANTING MORE FIRE, AND THOUGHT EVERYONE KNEW THAT.

IN CASE ANYONE DIDN'T KNOW, I WANT MORE FIRE.

I EXPECT SOME, LIKE FELICIA AND CRITTER WILL OPPOSE ME IN THIS GOAL, BUT I FAIL TO SEE WHY YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IT.

DAMAGE TO WHAT ECOLOGY? I'M CREATING THE ECOLOGY. AND YOU ARE DAMAGING IT BY DISTORTING THE FOOD PYRAMID. SOME GOD OF NATURE YOU ARE.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 12:03:03 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2016, 12:37:15 pm »

BEHOLD! FELICIA'S DASTARDLY PLOT TO HAVE THE CREATURES OF CRITTER SUFFER A SHORT, PAINFUL EXISTENCE BEFORE GOING EXTINCT FROM STARVATION, THEIR FOOD SOURCE DENIED THEM.
SO WOULD ANYONE OTHER THAN FELICIA, AND CRITTER I SUPPOSE, HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME JUST BURNING THESE GUYS?

"Such is nature, I suppose. Creatures is always fightin' it ta stay alive. Burn em if ya want, I'll pop some more up with my remainin' free action while you is wastin' essence."

Critter than takes the form of a stork in a doctor's outfit (including medical mask), bringing a sack made of spider silk over his shoulder. He opens the sack, revealing a clutch of frog-like eggs, which he then pulls out by the handful, tossing them in the general direction of the planet. These eggs quickly grow immediately into full-sized Tribulls!

Tribulls: Warm-blooded reptilian biped sapients. Their body is covered in dull-colored scales, their long predatory mouths are full of long sharp-teeth. They are average in height, though stronger and faster than other creatures of their size. Their bodies are fairly thin, as in a predator built for speed, especially their dexterous arms. They are clever, capable of setting up elaborate traps and plans with minimal preparation time. While their physical and mental abilities are nothing to sneeze at, their main focus is their special ability. They are capable of forming "bonds" with any non-sapient animal. These bonds form when the Tribull interacts with the animal positively, such as when petting it or feeding it (even if it is captured, or even unconscious), at a speed depending on the temperament of the Beast. An animal may only have one bond at a time, though a Tribull isn't limited in how many bonds he can have at once. The bond allows the Tribull to do several things. First, it makes the beast follow all of the Tribulls commands. Powerful bonds can even be controlled mentally, while even weak ones can be controlled by subtle body language. Second, it increases the strength of the beast based on the strength of the bond. The physical, mental, and even special abilities all receive a boost, again depending on the creature. Third, it allows the Tribull limited control over the statistics of the beast. That is to say, they can will it to be stronger or smarter, even changing its special ability or (in incredibly rare cases) making new ones whole-cloth, again based on the strength of the bond. This is separate from the second boost in that its goal is different, any children the creature has will inherit its third-boost changes allowing for the small changes to build up over time in a form of directed evolution. Bonds are not inherited, but children of beasts with at least one bonded parent are able to "imprint" on Tribulls, making them trivial to bond with by comparison. Divine with sphere discount, epic otherwise.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2016, 12:43:53 pm »

"Such is nature, I suppose. Creatures is always fightin' it ta stay alive. Burn em if ya want, I'll pop some more up with my remainin' free action while you is wastin' essence."
YOU MISUNDERSTAND. I DO NOT WISH TO BURN THE OLEH FISH, BUT THE DRYADS. THE OLEH FISH ARE FINE, IF SOMEWHAT ANNOYING. THE DRYADS ON THE OTHER HAND HOWEVER, ARE AN ACTUAL PROBLEM TO ME.

WOOD THAT DOESN'T BURN. WHAT IS THIS MADNESS.

Spend 4E to smite the Dryads with divine fire. Invoke fire sphere so actual spending is ~3E.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 02:13:15 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2016, 03:06:40 pm »

YOU MISUNDERSTAND. I DO NOT WISH TO BURN THE OLEH FISH, BUT THE DRYADS. THE OLEH FISH ARE FINE, IF SOMEWHAT ANNOYING. THE DRYADS ON THE OTHER HAND HOWEVER, ARE AN ACTUAL PROBLEM TO ME.

WOOD THAT DOESN'T BURN. WHAT IS THIS MADNESS.

Spend 4E to smite the Dryads with divine fire. Invoke fire sphere so actual spending is ~3E.
"You seek to smite my creatures, the closest to justification you get to, is that wood should always burn.
Yet all I want with the Dryads, is that your fire elementals don't destroy without any restrictions.
Yet at the mere existence of restriction, you seek to personally destroy my creations.
"
Felicia uses 2 Essence to combat the divinity of the fire, so the Dryads' fire resistance and elemental magic can handle the rest.

"You talk to me about a food pyramid and ecology. Yet your 'ecology' is nothing but fire elementals, which are fueled by an unlimited source of fire.
You only have interest in ecology and food pyramids as a means to excuse your blatant disregard for it.
"

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2016, 03:30:00 pm »

"I don't like the idea of us being Suns, what if i want to go take a break and sleep under the ocean or something. So I oppose. And you, fire god. I know you want fire but you must respect that some people want other things, this world is big enough for all of us. There's no reason to go fight over these matters."
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2016, 06:11:35 pm »

"I don't want to be a Sun. Can I make it a rock?"
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2016, 08:55:46 am »

Metis makes 10E of craftsmen and cunning tricksters of all races.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25