Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 18.0: Donation of Glaciem  (Read 30440 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 0.0: Rotat (talk-only, 72h)
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2016, 02:14:54 am »

Hello. I am Xraa. I Propose we Divide the World by Two Axis: Temperature, and Solidity. One Forth of the World is Hot Enough and Solid Enough to Burn. One Forth is Cold and Liquid in Most Parts. One Forth is Solid, With Streams of Molten Earth and Frozen Ice. And one is Too Hot to Totally Form, Leaving Chunks of Earth that are Stronger Floating About on Streams of Sand. The World Should Go Around the Sun, Filling the Space of the Bubble's Edge. The Sun itself I Suggest be Made Half of Fire and Half of DARK Fire, And Rotate In a Circular manner which Takes Approximately 302400 Seconds to Invert from its Starting Position. We may Have Glowing Orbs of Fire, Aligned into Various Patterns, Spread Out in the Sky as well if That is the General Preference.
support

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2016, 06:53:35 am »

[Felicia, Nature Goddess]

Felicia appears. Then she yawns.
"Mnya~h. Wh-what did I miss?"
Felicia reads the backlog.
"No... these are no good. How about we just make a world featuring fire and ice? You may want fire, but we others don't. So you have to settle for only part fire.
Well, I better clarify.

A lush world, with plenty of rivers and oceans. To provide both water for the land, and support life in the sea.
And then some ice and fire.
Specifically, the further North you go, the colder it gets. It's a bit uneven, some patches of cold, some hot. But in general, north is cold.
This allows life adapted to the cold, until it gets so cold, little life can be supported. The Arctic, where the great bears roam.
Then there's to the South, where it gets hotter, and hotter, and hotter. Until hot, desert, and then... beyond.

Also, let's spice it up a bit. There are distributions of hot and cold, hot in the cold, cold in the hot.
Mountains.
The mountains are tall, making their peaks cold. But they can also be volcanoes, making them hot.
Of course it's affected by the place.
A northern mountain will be cold, and tall, but very unlikely to erupt. But not impossible. The lack of volcanoes in the north, makes those few that erupt, last much longer.
A midland volcano, would do some eruptions, creating islands, new mountains, or just flattening some of the mountains.
A southern volcano, would erupt more often, and really far south, they may be constantly flowing with magma.
Thus the far south will be a volcano land. The far north, has no volcanoes at all.
"
Propose, lush and wet world. North is colder, leading to tundra and arctic. South is hotter, leading to deserts and volcanoland.
Volcanoes are dotted around all, the north volcanoes rarely erupt, but last longer, while southern volcanoes erupt more often, in the far south they never stop.
Far north has no volcanoes.
Mountaintops are cold, if they don't erupt.

"What do you think?"

"I would prefer one of these world designs. In any case, I would like seasons, including winter."
Propose seasons.
"Yes seasons, those are good. Actually, if applied to mine... Have the seasons affect the North most, so the life has chances to prepare for winter.
In the south, it's not as affecting, it's mostly hot all around the year. The middle, is average.
While the far north is too cold to be affected, it's just more daylight. While the far south is not affected at all by the seasons whatsoever.
"
Support Seasons, with condition: Will support a changed season, if it applies to Felicia's world proposal.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2016, 10:53:44 am »

" I support her idea, lush is good. And leaves plenty of space for fire and ice"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2016, 10:58:38 am »

"Ah, seasons. A perfect way to measure Time, yes?"

Supporting seasons in general
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2016, 03:04:59 pm »

"But Fire and Ice are completely unrelated to air and earth, and there is no representation of air and rock... You all must agree that meeting wo gods ends is not satisfying, if there is a part of fire on this land there should be an apropriate land for every sphere represented in this bubble.

So basically we should have a gigantic bird which carries the world on its back. He flies through the cosm and passes the stars he creates by farting. On his back you have normal space, right in the middle. Normal space is as Felicia described, a world with lush forests, mountains swamps oceans etc. It is mantled however with evenly portions of sphere related lands, so each god gets to choose one sphere represented as land."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2016, 03:27:27 pm »

"...

So basically we should have a gigantic bird which carries the world on its back. He flies through the cosm and passes the stars he creates by farting. On his back you have normal space, right in the middle. Normal space is as Felicia described, a world with lush forests, mountains swamps oceans etc. It is mantled however with evenly portions of sphere related lands, so each god gets to choose one sphere represented as land."
Oppose
"No, just no. No world animals."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2016, 03:43:53 pm »

"Fine then but we should still have all elements represented"

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2016, 04:01:50 pm »

"Friends, the answer to this elements problem is simple. We can have a world with oceans of water and fire, in which masses of earth could be floating, yes? These patches of earth could range from small islands to mighty continents. Above these oceans and continents would span vast skies. Thus my friends, all elements could be represented in a single world."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2016, 08:15:37 pm »

[Breeze]

"Friends, the answer to this elements problem is simple. We can have a world with oceans of water and fire, in which masses of earth could be floating, yes? These patches of earth could range from small islands to mighty continents. Above these oceans and continents would span vast skies. Thus my friends, all elements could be represented in a single world."

Support
"This is reasonable. I think we should follow this plan."

Breeze starts moving over to the flame, and plays with the fire.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:21:14 pm by Detoxicated »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 0.5: Rotat (talk-only, 24h)
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2016, 02:01:33 am »

Tick 0.5: Rotat (talk-only, 24h)

New gods have arisen starting with an unusually cubic flame, an earthen giant, and a sky-blue lady.

World ideas due to pass include a serpent of ice with a spine of fire (P0001), a layered with pillars and oceans of water and fire (P0005), a world of fast islands with fire and ice (P0006), the existence of an underworld under the winning world idea for the unclaimed (P0008), and a world of halves (P0009).

((Constraints: Must be a non-spherical single world. Moons allowed if uninhabitable.))

((Warning: Failure to support at least one world idea will result in a 5E Essence tax.))

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council measures (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Proposals (17) (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2016, 03:23:25 am »

Support P0014

P0002: "The serpent of ice is an intresting idea. But I think I would prefer filling creation with an ocean filled with islands, maybe some underwater air filled caves."
   +1 from Agua
Oppose P0002 as that seems to have been missed.
((Also, pretty sure it's just Glaciem supporting P0002, not Agua))
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 12:13:49 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2016, 07:22:02 am »

Felicia looks at the proposals to pass.
Oppose P0001.
"No world animals. Animals go on the world, not the world on the animals."
Support P0005.
"A logical progression. I could do without the fire ocean though, but... eh. Seems the fire god is quite persistent. I don't know why you let him boss you around."
Support P0006
"This would be very good with P0005. Just remove the fire sea level, and voila, we got a simple to follow world, without making all pieces of equal size. The air land is much larger than the fire land and ice land. Though the air land is very spread out, leaving a lot of air. As for Earth, well that's the land in the middle. Or heck, just tunnel into the land."
Oppose P0008.
"This is a very good place to put the earth land, if necessary. Unless you plan to..."
Support P0008.
"The dead will inhabit the earth, in closed off chambers. If people dig too deep, they may hit these chambers, and get swarmed by the dead, wanting to eat them, so they can become alive again."
Oppose P0009.
"Nah, don't need these axes, just need two lands."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2016, 10:50:04 am »

"p0014 Is the best proposal of them all, please let us decide on something consistent, so p0014 is the obvious choice."

p0000 Oppose
p0001 oppose
p0002 oppose
p0003 oppose
p0004 oppose
p0006 oppose
p0007 support "very nice dragons... they fly in the air"
p0008 abstain I would support if it was applicable to other world models
p0009 oppose
p0010 oppose
p0011 support

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2016, 05:19:00 pm »

I Oppose All Proposals but P0008, P0009, and P0011. Which I Support.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2016, 06:11:30 pm »

"Nah, I like P0005 with P0006, so let's just do that."
Oppose P0007.
"This would be too chaotic."
Support P0011.
"Don't know why this isn't already supported by me."
Oppose P0014.
"A bit too late. It's a good proposal, but I like P0005 and 6 more."

"Also."
Propose that, if both P0005 and P0006 pass, P0006 is the water level of P0005, and P0005's fire level is erased.
Let's call that... P0005.6 (or P5.6).
"I don't want 2 fire lands."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25