Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 18.0: Donation of Glaciem  (Read 30409 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 0.0: Rotat (talk-only, 72h)
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2016, 02:51:51 pm »

<What about dragons?>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2016, 02:54:47 pm »

<What about dragons?>

"A bit overdun', dun ya think? Everyon' an' der gran'ma has made a dragon 'for."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2016, 02:58:14 pm »

<What about dragons?>

"A bit overdun', dun ya think? Everyon' an' der gran'ma has made a dragon 'for."
<No, as in, the world is carried by dragons, lots of dragons.>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2016, 03:00:12 pm »

((I'd be quoting things, but the mobile version of the site doesn't allow quoting posts. Just in case y'all get confused by something I post in the future.))

"Friends, I believe that this new pillars plan is superior to the ones that came before. My support goes with it.

However, I don't really believe in this Dragons idea. Another idea will surely come in good Time, yes?"
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 03:02:28 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2016, 03:02:49 pm »

((I'd be quoting things, but the mobile version of the site doesn't allow quoting posts. Just in case y'all get confused by something I post in the future.))

"Friends, I believe that this new pillars plan is superior to the ones that came before. My support goes with it.

However, I don't really believe in this Dragons idea. Another idea will surely come in good Time, yes?"
((What?  The button is right there.  I can use it.))
Sigtext

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2016, 03:29:54 pm »

"Ah Ha! I Knew You Would Come To See The Glory Inherent In Battle, Were It Only Given Proper Showing! I Realize Now That There Is More That Should Be In The World! A Land For The Dead, Fallen Gloriously, Below, And A Land For The Gods To Create And Do Battle Above, Without Fear Of Interrupting The Fight Of The Land Should They So Choose! Ah, But See We Have Already This Last, For We Reside There Still! Let Us Make The Rest, Then, Before Our Blood Becomes Too Frenzied In Our Need For Battle!"

Additional Proposal: Underworld where the dead await judgment/filing to other afterlives. All those who have no other afterlife stay there. Literally an underworld, underneath the world; it is not truly bottomless, it just seems like it. Has subrealms available/ready for each of the gods/assigned afterlives we decide on (afterlives never really get used for anything other than hiding out in at most and it's not like that actually does anything, certainly not specific to it being an afterlife). Also a realm of the gods but that's always sortof abstracted. The two gateways to this realm are in the fire and ice realms respectively, and both the journey to and the descent after are harrowing and difficult for all, regardless of adaptation to local climate. It's not easy to go into the underworld via non-dying means, dammit
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2016, 03:35:50 pm »

"Ah Ha! I Knew You Would Come To See The Glory Inherent In Battle, Were It Only Given Proper Showing! I Realize Now That There Is More That Should Be In The World! A Land For The Dead, Fallen Gloriously, Below, And A Land For The Gods To Create And Do Battle Above, Without Fear Of Interrupting The Fight Of The Land Should They So Choose! Ah, But See We Have Already This Last, For We Reside There Still! Let Us Make The Rest, Then, Before Our Blood Becomes Too Frenzied In Our Need For Battle!"

Additional Proposal: Underworld where the dead await judgment/filing to other afterlives. All those who have no other afterlife stay there. Literally an underworld, underneath the world; it is not truly bottomless, it just seems like it. Has subrealms available/ready for each of the gods/assigned afterlives we decide on (afterlives never really get used for anything other than hiding out in at most and it's not like that actually does anything, certainly not specific to it being an afterlife). Also a realm of the gods but that's always sortof abstracted. The two gateways to this realm are in the fire and ice realms respectively, and both the journey to and the descent after are harrowing and difficult for all, regardless of adaptation to local climate. It's not easy to go into the underworld via non-dying means, dammit
Support

((I sometimes had a few uses for an afterlife specific to it being an afterlife that wasn't simply hiding out in.))

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2016, 03:48:08 pm »

((On a smart phone, the site is just a shrunken version of the standard website. I use a blackberry-type phone so I don't get constantly distracted with apps while I try to work, but the forum layout for it doesn't have a lot of post-editing options. I can take a photo later if you like.))
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2016, 03:59:13 pm »

((On a smart phone, the site is just a shrunken version of the standard website. I use a blackberry-type phone so I don't get constantly distracted with apps while I try to work, but the forum layout for it doesn't have a lot of post-editing options. I can take a photo later if you like.))
((Oh, huh.))
Sigtext

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2016, 05:32:07 pm »

Hello. I am Xraa. I Propose we Divide the World by Two Axis: Temperature, and Solidity. One Forth of the World is Hot Enough and Solid Enough to Burn. One Forth is Cold and Liquid in Most Parts. One Forth is Solid, With Streams of Molten Earth and Frozen Ice. And one is Too Hot to Totally Form, Leaving Chunks of Earth that are Stronger Floating About on Streams of Sand. The World Should Go Around the Sun, Filling the Space of the Bubble's Edge. The Sun itself I Suggest be Made Half of Fire and Half of DARK Fire, And Rotate In a Circular manner which Takes Approximately 302400 Seconds to Invert from its Starting Position. We may Have Glowing Orbs of Fire, Aligned into Various Patterns, Spread Out in the Sky as well if That is the General Preference.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2016, 05:37:10 pm »

Hello. I am Xraa. I Propose we Divide the World by Two Axis: Temperature, and Solidity. One Forth of the World is Hot Enough and Solid Enough to Burn. One Forth is Cold and Liquid in Most Parts. One Forth is Solid, With Streams of Molten Earth and Frozen Ice. And one is Too Hot to Totally Form, Leaving Chunks of Earth that are Stronger Floating About on Streams of Sand. The World Should Go Around the Sun, Filling the Space of the Bubble's Edge. The Sun itself I Suggest be Made Half of Fire and Half of DARK Fire, And Rotate In a Circular manner which Takes Approximately 302400 Seconds to Invert from its Starting Position. We may Have Glowing Orbs of Fire, Aligned into Various Patterns, Spread Out in the Sky as well if That is the General Preference.
HAH! DARK FIRE! I LIKE YOUR STYLE KIDDO!
Support

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2016, 05:47:20 pm »

A massive giant appears from the void. It has a roughly humanoid form, made out of stone and dirt, hunchbacked, it's hands nearly at the same level as it knees.  It is eyes are two massive crystal, shining a bright orange-yellow glow.

"What if it was just a big rock?"
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2016, 05:50:24 pm »

A massive giant appears from the void. It has a roughly humanoid form, made out of stone and dirt, hunchbacked, it's hands nearly at the same level as it knees.  It is eyes are two massive crystal, shining a bright orange-yellow glow.

"What if it was just a big rock?"
JUST A BIG ROCK WOULDN'T HAVE ENOUGH FIRE. MAYBE IF IT WAS A BURNING BIG ROCK
Oppose
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 01:15:50 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2016, 05:56:38 pm »

"Oh."
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2016, 12:33:06 am »

BEHOLD FELLOW GODS, THE WORLD THAT COULD BE YOURS!

Before the gods appears a shimmering illusion of a gigantic serpent made of ice. Within its centre is a spinal column of glorious fire, that melts the surrounding ice and provides light to the entire inside of the serpent, however the thick ice prevents much light from reaching the outer surface. Occasionally the serpent will breathe out fire and clouds of steam, which provides weather and seasons to its outer surface.

Continents of moss and fungi cover the serpent while algae eagerly thrive in the energetic seas below, the first primitive life upon this new world. Over generations the moss slowly begins making a ground layer upon which more complex plants can grow. Soon they are joined by the first herbivores, and so on.

Each day the gods brighten cyclically, providing light and sustenance to the outer surface, before dimming again, forming a day/night cycle.

Official Proposal: World formed from Fire to Ice, and goes from one to the other across it; extreme heat, fire, and molten rock on one end, extreme cold, ice, and frozen air on the other. In the middle, where they meet, rock is cooled and solidified to earth, while ice is melted and becomes ocean. The sun, if any, provides light but little warmth; most warmth is dependent on location. Each of these three realms occupies around the same amount of space; fire, ice, and temperate/oceanic. Around 20-30% of the temperate area is covered with 'islands' at any given time; these islands stretch seemingly endless down into the deeps (another 40% or so of the ocean is 'covered' with subaquatic landmasses that provide a bottom to the ocean; the rest seems to be bottomless, just as the ice sheets and scorching fires/roiling lava of their respective realms seem to go down forever; many of these subaquatic landmasses are attached to or portions of landmasses that do rise above the waves), and drift slowly, sometimes smashing into each other. These can cause the islands to become attached to one another, formed a larger island, smash apart one or both, or simply bounce (with a great deal more violence than that implies) off of one another. These islands can be very, very large, sometimes even continent, though larger islands will often eventually be subject to stresses that cause them to break apart. Because shards of their respective realms can be carried with them when land forms/breaks off into the ocean, there are both volcanoes of fire and of ice; when these collide, a tremendous battle is had by their respective forces, usually but not always ensuing in their mutual, though glorious, defeat. The weather patterns caused by perpetual lands like this should be pretty interesting, though not necessarily static. Bounded on one end by cold so intense that it does in fact reach the equivalent of absolute zero, and what amounts to the core of the sun on the other.

"I would prefer one of these world designs. In any case, I would like seasons, including winter."
Support ice serpent world and ice/fire world (including underworld).
Propose seasons.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25