Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40

Author Topic: Multiverse Bugaboo [IC Thread]: Probably Dead On Arrival  (Read 17870 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiverse Bugaboo [IC Thread]: Probably Dead On Arrival
« Reply #300 on: November 06, 2016, 11:29:52 pm »

"If mishandled there is an explosion, frequently followed by fire."

"Tension? Doesn't sound to me like much of a war if they didn't fight."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 06, 2016, 11:33:13 pm »

"Isn't that the sort of thing that would cause you to, like, lose the rest of our head, too? Just an eye seems more like something you'd lose in a knife fight or something."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 07, 2016, 12:00:47 am »

"Count the head as a limb in this case."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 07, 2016, 12:09:17 am »

Lidia puts her hand on her right shoulder and stretches her arm a little.
"Yeah, sounds like a real fun time. But talking about people blowing up or no, I think there's a lot more we should probably do around here than stand around. C'mon Ray, let's go check out this place."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 07, 2016, 12:26:50 am »

"As much as it displeases me, this watering hole looks like where we would find the most information." John Brown crosses himself and enters the saloon, making his way to the bartender like he was on a mission. "One glass of water please."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 07, 2016, 12:45:55 am »

Lidia puts her hand on her right shoulder and stretches her arm a little.
"Yeah, sounds like a real fun time. But talking about people blowing up or no, I think there's a lot more we should probably do around here than stand around. C'mon Ray, let's go check out this place."
"Whatcha wanna see?"

"If mishandled there is an explosion, frequently followed by fire."

"Tension? Doesn't sound to me like much of a war if they didn't fight."
"That's why it was a Cold War.  They did compete, just not on the field of battle.  Directly.  There were some proxy wars."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 07, 2016, 12:52:01 am »

"I dunno exactly what, but neither the bar nor the clothing or medicine store sound real appealing to me. Let's just walk down the town and see what there is."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 07, 2016, 12:56:48 am »

"I dunno exactly what, but neither the bar nor the clothing or medicine store sound real appealing to me. Let's just walk down the town and see what there is."
"Sounds good to me."

Ray tries to gently slip his hand into Lidia's, before they explore the town a little more thoroughly.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 07, 2016, 01:52:14 am »

Lidia, evidently, is still rather mad about the whole thing earlier, because she lightly backhands his hand away, but she does at least put her hand on his shoulder as they walk deeper into the town.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 07, 2016, 05:27:35 am »

The woman pouted. "But non-humans make such interesting specimens! Especially cute ones~"
Sabimushi stops in his tracks in front of the town, clearly unable to process this for at least two seconds. "Th-thank you for the compliment! I do look rather dashing, don't I?" He runs his hands through his hair and antennae, the latter flopping about in response.

"... Wait, specimens?"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 07, 2016, 06:34:07 am »

"Well, you're not a human so I'm curious as to what you are and how your species work. You are the only member of the species I can identify. Therefore, you're the only one I could scientifically study if allowed too.

Oh, but the compliment was real though. Don't know how you look by your own species' standards, but by human standards,"
she gives a thumbs up.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 07, 2016, 06:38:26 am »

He laughs loudly. "With such a nice demeanor, how could I say no?" He bows down with a flourish. "I am Sabimushi! It is nice to meet a lady as nice as you!"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 07, 2016, 11:51:12 am »

Marie immediately searches for a hotel or some form of accommodation. She greets the receptionist with an energetic wave.
"Hi~! What's the currency here?"
Hah! What an interesting illusion this is. The void things must be incredibly desperate, crafting up so obvious a distraction. I will humour them all the same, however. If this is the best they can come up with, clearly they are running out of ways to do anything to me.

Still, I do not recognize any of these buildings, not really. I don't believe the void-things have had anything even slightly similar... Odd, that they would craft an image that does not match up to any reality either myself or they have seen. This is all far too obviously fake.

I continue to explore the town, absentmindedly switching out Digestive Assimilation and Technomagic as I continue to walk. Wing Manifestation and... Telepathic Mimicry? Oh well. I grow a pair of wings to speed up the process of exploring, using them to fly around instead of walk. Fun times.
"Sounds good to me."

Ray tries to gently slip his hand into Lidia's, before they explore the town a little more thoroughly.
Lidia, evidently, is still rather mad about the whole thing earlier, because she lightly backhands his hand away, but she does at least put her hand on his shoulder as they walk deeper into the town.
The nearest hotel is about five minutes away. It's a small stone building that looks modern by the standards of the 2010s (assuming you come from Earth that had touchscreen phones and virtual reality by then, anyway). The receptionist is.....an anthropomorphic frog. Not even in the cute sense, in the sense that it appears like a frog with human limbs stuck on where it should have frog legs.

They just blankly stare at Marie with unblinking eyes.

The explorers see more of the town, finding a frontier church not far from the saloon, more ramshackle houses and futuristic-looking habitats side-by-side, various other shops and what seems like the town hall- an old-style wooden building- near the middle of the city.

The bartender looks up at the people talking to him. He raises an eyebrow.
"Ah. New to Fort Wit, are you? Where are you from? Fort Prosperity? Queenland? Up north from that abandoned Traction City or whatever they called it?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #313 on: November 07, 2016, 11:52:28 am »

"Just blew in from a long ways off. Truth be told I'm not entirely sure how I got here..."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 07, 2016, 11:53:18 am »

"Oh. So one of those guys from that city out south, Witzen. Must've got lost on the Marahi Trail up here."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40