Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40

Author Topic: Multiverse Bugaboo [IC Thread]: Probably Dead On Arrival  (Read 17866 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Multiverse Bugaboo [IC Thread]: Probably Dead On Arrival
« Reply #285 on: November 06, 2016, 09:35:53 pm »

Kurushimi stares blankly. Their stares were always blank, but this one somehow moreso.

"You are hiding something."
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #286 on: November 06, 2016, 09:50:03 pm »

"What, you expect to know all of a girl's secrets the moment you meet her?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 06, 2016, 09:56:41 pm »

"If you leave your door open, do not be surprised to find curious visitors."
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #288 on: November 06, 2016, 10:02:23 pm »

Marisa shrugs. "Fair enough." She heads over to the bar, leaning toward it slightly as she speaks to the barkeeper. "So what's the story behind this place, anyway?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 06, 2016, 10:03:55 pm »

Kurushimi follows, kneeling respectfully at said bar once they reach it. (It looks incredibly silly.)
Black lives matter.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 06, 2016, 10:17:45 pm »

"Only one or two? How many airships? How reliant are your people on steam?"
"Yeah, steam's been and gone, we're using electricity - lightning - and stuff now.  We still burn a lot of coal, but at power plants, and we're trying to move off of that because it's bad for everyone's health.

We don't have airships, we have airplanes.  Zeppelins died out with the Hindenburg catching fire.  Airplanes are heavier-than-air propeller powered stuff, mostly.  Except for jet engines, which I don't really know how they work but they are much more powerful."

"I never liked coal, nasty, dirty stuff, harvested by slaves in the mines. I much prefer gas, the stuff is for all intents and purposes free and can be taken right from the heavens, it's a much more egalitarian system of energy, and the one God intended for us to use in our lives."

John Brown shakes his head at the saloon, "Sad to see a frontier town like this with no church, its only temple for worshiping booze and whoring."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 06, 2016, 10:20:26 pm »

"Gas as in what?  The only gas I know still comes from in the earth...

I imagine there's simply no one religion here, settlers making do as they can with temples in their houses or similar.  It's too widely varied to settle on one."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 06, 2016, 10:22:58 pm »

Lidia shifts, slightly uncomfortably. "So you're, uhhh, I take it you're the real devoted type then."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 06, 2016, 10:27:42 pm »

"Konjian gas, the Ming found it on one of their expeditions to the moon, tons of it just floating up there. We haven't mastered a way to get it beyond some crude vacuums, but if we focused on technology instead of fighting and enslaving one another, I reckon we would find a proper method. The United States is a big place, but we've already discovered 10 million square miles of it, and they think there's only an additional 7 million more unmapped. We're going to run out of space, and resources, one day. We have to look to the heavens."

John Brown responds to Lidia with no change in his expression, "As devoted as the Lord wants me."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 06, 2016, 10:38:45 pm »

"What, like, you haven't finished discovering the US in the way way way future over there? Kinda dropping the ball there."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 06, 2016, 10:47:04 pm »

"It's a big land, rich with forests, mountains, swamps, environments of that nature. You can fly over it in an airship but that doesn't tell you what it's really like on the surface. Since your people have fully mapped out your own version of our country, how big is it really?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 06, 2016, 10:53:36 pm »

"Honestly, given the fact that our worlds seem so different, I'm not sure our numbers would match, even if I had any idea.

Well that's interesting.  You all made it to the moon and kept going?

Tons of gas that somehow adhere to the Moon's gravity, what???"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 06, 2016, 10:57:53 pm »

"Not much farther than the moon because of a resource limitation. But we do know the gas is out there, and it looks like it's on the other planets and celestial bodies. It's good stuff, though it's dangerous if you do not know what you are doing, more than one soul has lost a limb or an eye that way."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 06, 2016, 11:07:49 pm »

"Ooh, savage. How do you lose an eye to gas, anyway?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 06, 2016, 11:08:17 pm »

"More that you kept going back.  We haven't done any expeditions to the lunar surface since the Cold War - big period of tension between two superpowers - ended practically.

I'm guessing it exploded."
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40