Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36

Author Topic: Ye Gods 5 IC [17/40]: Tick 24: The Squared  (Read 43346 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 5 IC [9/40]: Tick -1: The Big Beginning
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2016, 12:01:37 pm »

"Perhaps you could have Gowler as the divine sandbed of the oceans..."
"I am all for the simple disc with water cycles..."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2016, 12:02:58 pm »

"Why not have multiple discs?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2016, 12:21:49 pm »

"Hello Amber, I'm vimbr"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2016, 12:22:47 pm »

My name is Lazan.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2016, 12:34:58 pm »

"How about multiple discs that connect by bridges and canals that shift in a complicated pattern.  Say you have 41 discs that are continent sized. .."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2016, 12:40:21 pm »

"I don't think a set number of discs makes much sense."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2016, 12:42:44 pm »

"Feedback: world serves as foundation for further construction and development simplicity desirable. Excess complexity increases failure chance cost and maintenance requirements and reduces versatility and ability to modify at later time."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2016, 12:42:57 pm »

"How about multiple discs that connect by bridges and canals that shift in a complicated pattern.  Say you have 41 discs that are continent sized. .."
If you are going to do it that way just make them infinitely complex Gears, Always Turning, Never in the same place twice...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2016, 12:47:49 pm »

[Panzer, The Bestest God and Bestest Armor]

Amber quietly paws at their kinda burned face and the fire she can feel flowing under her skin and in a cracked and crackling voice with a relatively friendly undertone.
"Nice to meet you all I am Amber."

Panzer chuckles, the rerebraces (upperarm plates) and pauldrons (shoulder plates) materialize on her. Then some tassets (hip plates) as well.
Panzer is now an animate legless suit of armor. She puts her hand on her chest.
"I, am Panzer. The greatest of armors, and greatest of gods."
She takes the hand of her chest.
"I am perfect."
She closes the hand.
"In every way."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2016, 12:48:24 pm »

If you are going to do it that way just make them infinitely complex Gears, Always Turning, Never in the same place twice...

"No to gears. You are coming across as simple and feckless. I can't imagine that's a view you want to maintain."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2016, 01:03:22 pm »

Ne'tharil...well he honestly only listened to all of the useless banter because some of it would be importaint, and it would tell help him figure out the personality's of the other gods to an extent, other then that it was almost unbearable, like watching two nieve mortal children kicking sand into eachothers eyes and complaining to one and another before kicking again in a endless cycle of stagnancy. Of course, the mindless cycle was broken by the war god of all people, and this intrigued Ne'tharil. "I have to say Iram, I'm impressed. Regardless, I agree with what you said earlier, a disk world with a efficient water cycle would be a good idea to start with. I also agree with the lack of anything cog related, they are ugly in my opinion and I would rather not the whole world look like one or have a major part of it as one. Now, let us not fall to petty squabbles and actually have a debate that doesn't devolve into mindless babbling. After all, we are gods, not mortal children."

Then, he turned to the prideful one."You can boast as much as you wish, but know that their are versions of time where you lose as much as you would deny. Also, a word of advise, saying you are going to kill a god who has done nothing to slight you other then using words in reaction to what you have said tends to draw ire of others. It also removes any chance of surprise if you actually do plan on taking action to be the cause of their demise."

"Is it that I am talking so much above your heads that you can not understand simple concepts? These are not visions of the future, they are statements of fact. Warning him would do nothing to change this, it is written as they say. Surprise and the ire of my lessers are of no concern to me, such things are irrelevant to the success of the operation."

"You of all people must know of the many-worlds interpretation.  I suggest you observe your future carefully, lest it be washed away."

"To keep it simple so that those with fish-brains can understand, the interpretation is false. There is a single timeline that you can interact with, you may try this out yourself with some effort. And as I grew tired of saying far into the future, it is not the future I observed but a past I lived. The action is over and done with, from my point of view."

Further proposal: Celestial souls.

Description: Once a mortal dies their soul travels into the sky above where, from an outside perspective, they will shine as a star, even if due to metaphysics the soul itself experiences whatever afterlife they go to. As such the more populous afterlives will shine brighter, being small suns, and souls without an afterlife will simply drift as independent stars, looking down at the world below, and perhaps guiding people. Gods may choose the colour(s) their afterlife shines as.

When a soul reincarnates it will return to the world as a shooting star, rapidly become once more invisible to most mortal senses as it nears the world of the living.

Oppose "I have my own ideas for the souls of my faithful, I am not about to let you deal with them. Keep to yourself."

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2016, 01:08:13 pm »

Proposal: We Make the World out of Muda, and in doing so make it impossible for him to do anything.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2016, 01:10:45 pm »

"Why not have multiple discs?"

(Your)
proposals sound to me quite shy
is that not too much space?
Let everyone be eye-to-eye
for small things have a grace.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2016, 01:25:01 pm »

the Reason why we need lots of space is Not because any one of us is shy, it is because if we were too near for too long a time we would Tear each other apart. Perhaps having a Disc per a god, With a Single Much larger Communal Disc in the Center of the Universe and a Cheap method of Creating more discs? Beyond that Each Disc Could be "Attuned" to the God that it was meant for and thus have some features relating to that god's Spheres.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2016, 01:29:21 pm »

it is because if we were too near for too long a time we would Tear each other apart
"(Now that'd be a song.)"

Ruusukaija smiles.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 01:31:06 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36