Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36

Author Topic: Ye Gods 5 IC [17/40]: Tick 24: The Squared  (Read 43370 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 5 IC [9/40]: Tick -1: The Big Beginning
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2016, 12:43:38 am »

The War God quietly listens to the many spiteful arguments and insults being passed around, and then to the many vengeful counterarguments and counter-insults for a long while, before scoffing disgustedly.

"WHAT KIND OF SELF-RESPECTING HALFWAY DECENT GOD IS WEAK ENOUGH TO LET THEMSELVES GET BUTT-HURT OVER SOME HOLLOW WORDS, AND THEN BE PETTY ENOUGH TO RESPOND WITH MORE OF THE SAME KIND OF SHIT FLINGING FOR NO DAMNED REASON BUT TO PISS EVERYONE ELSE OFF!?! APPARENTLY THE ONE'S RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING AND MAINTAINING ALL OF GODSDAMNED REALITY, THAT'S WHO! IF YOU CAN ALL GET THAT WORKED UP OVER ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, I'D JUST LOVE TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ACTUALLY GET MORE THAN WORDS FLUNG AT YOU! AND ON TOP OF THAT, YOU'VE ALL GOT THE CAJONES TO CLAIM SUPERIORITY WHEN YOU HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING BUT MOUTH OFF TO BACK IT UP! IF YOU ALL REALLY WANT TO SEE WHO'S, QUOTE ON QUOTE, "SUPERIOR", YOU OUGHT TO DUKE IT OUT ON THE BATTLEFIELD! IT'S THE PERFECT SYSTEM! WE'LL KNOW WHO'S SUPERIOR BY WHOEVER'S LEFT STANDING! TRIAL BY COMBAT, NATURAL SELECTION, IT'S JUST THE WAY THINGS WORK!"

Upon finishing his tirade, Iram gives an exasperates sigh and takes in a deep breath of nothing in particular.

"I THINK A SIMPLE DISK WORLD, THE GODSEA, AND AN EFFICIENT WATER CYCLE ARE ALL WE NEED! NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE PERFECT RIGHT FROM THE GET-GO, WE CAN CHANGE IT LATER IF WE WANT TO! EVERYONE WHINING ABOUT GEARS CAN GO STUFF THEMSELVES AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED! NOBODY'S GOT A RIGHT TO FORCE THEIR OWN OPINION OF HOW THINGS SHOULD BE ON ANYONE ELSE! MY IDEA OF A PERFECT WORLD IS AN ETERNAL BATTLEFIELD, AND IT'D BE THE GREATEST THING THERE EVER WAS! BUT DO YOU SEE ME INSISTING ON HAVING HUMONGOUS DINOSAURS AND GIANT TITAN-BEASTS DUKE IT OUT EVERY TWO SECONDS?!? NO, YOU DON'T! IT'D BE PERFECT FOR ME, BUT FOR MOST OF YOU IT'D BE ANNOYING AND WHILE I DON'T KNOW WHY, THAT'S JUST HOW IT IS! SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST DIFDERENT AND NO ONE'S GOT A RIGHT TO TELL ANOTHER WHAT'S RIGHT EVEN IF THEY KNOW THEY'RE WRONG! COMPROMISE IS THE NAME OF THE GAME! LET'S KEEP THINGS SHORT, SIMPLE, AND TO THE POINT! A FLAT DISK, A SEA WITH A NEAT LITTLE FUNCTION TO KEEP US FROM DYING FOREVER, AND A WATER PRESERVATION CYCLE! THAT'S IT, ALL WE NEED RIGHT NOW IS A FRAMEWORK, AND THIS FITS THE BILL! ONCE THE WORLD'S MADE WE CAN ALL CLAIM CHUNKS OF IT AND CREATE WHATEVER THE HELL WANT TO WITH NO ONE TO TELL US NO! IT'LL WORK JUST FINE FOR ALL OF US, YOU CAN ALL KEEP YOUR DAMNED CLOCK-FETISH OUTTA MY TERRITORY AND I'LL KEEP MY DAMNED ULTRA-PREDATORS OUTTA YOURS! AND IF ANYONE WANTS TO PUSH THEIR WAY ONTO ANOTHER'S, LET THEM FIGHT FOR IT! WHOEVER WINS GETS IT, WHOEVER LOST DIDN'T REALLY OWN IT TO BEGIN WITH! IF YOU CAN'T PROTECT WHAT'S YOURS YOU'VE GOT NOTHING BUT HOLLOW WORDS TO KEEP IT YOURS AND WHOEVER TAKES IT WILL DO A BETTER JOB WITH IT THAN YOU EVER COULD! THAT'S THE WAY I THINK IT SHOULD BE, BUT HEY, THAT'S JUST MY OPINION!"

With that said, Iram goes back to sparring with nothing at all.

"Don't worry, killing you is a demonstration of my martial prowess that I am quite proud of. I end up keeping a trophy off of you, in an ironic twist of fate. For what its worth, it is a glorious death, though all the glory belongs to me and all the death to you."

"As for the planet, I am not very interested in its current form. One day, I'll change it all to suite myself anyway. I'll only vote as a gadfly to the peons who continue to insult me."

Iram's grin widens tremendously as he effortlessly flips his darkened kukri from hand to hand faster than the eye can see.

"IS THAT SO!? YOU SEE MY DEMISE IN THE NEAR-FUTURE? YOU SEE ME LAID TO WASTE BY YOUR POWER, SLAIN AND DESTROYED, CUT DOWN LIKE SO MUCH CHAFF? MY SMOKING REMNANTS DISCARDED WITH SCANTLY A THOUGHT? YOU WEAVE AN INTERESTING TALE TO BE SURE, BUT AS THEY SAY, HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THE VICTORS AND THE FUTURE IS NOT SET IN STONE! PERHAPS WHEN WE DO BATTLE, TIME AND SPACE RENDER IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO PREVAIL, NO MATTER! WE ARE GODS, TO US THE IMPOSSIBLE IS TRIVIAL, NOTHING IS CERTAIN! TO SPEAK BOLDLY, I LOOK FORWARD TO THE TIME AND I LOOK FORWARD TO THE PLACE WHERE I SHALL SLAY YOU, AND I SHALL RELISH THE EXPERIENCE OF YOUR DEMISE FOR ALL OF ETERNITY, OH SO MIGHTY HOLEY ONE!"

If I Suggested that once the world is made we each spend a fourth of our power each to Eliminate the threat of the Egomaniac God whom is threatening to Change all that we make at a later point, as well as threatening our god of war directly, who would support it? we dont need to destroy him, only forcibly convert him into a less threatening form on a permanent basis, like a lawn chair, or a table. perhaps a ugly statue.

"EGOMANIACAL!?! WE'RE GODS, AND WE LITERALLY FEED OFF OF MORTAL WORSHIP! AN OVER-INFLATED SENSE OF PRIDE IS A GIVEN! YOU'RE FURIOUS THAT HE THREATENED TO CHANGE EVERYTHING WE'VE MADE SOMETIME LATER? WHO CARES? CHANGE HAPPENS, ITS BEST TO SUCK IT UP AND DEAL WITH IT, IF HE SEES FIT TO CHANGE MY OWN CREATIONS, DEAL WITH IT I WILL! THAT ASIDE, NOW I'VE THREATENED HIM IN EQUAL MEASURE! SO NOW YOU CAN STOP USING WORDS DIRECTED AT ME AS AN EXCUSE TO EXTERMINATE THE COMPETITION! NOT ONLY DO YOU FEEL YOU NEED THE COMBINED POWER OF AN ENTIRE PANTHEON BACKING YOU TO DEFEAT HIM, YOU'RE TOO CRAVEN TO CONFRONT HIM DIRECTLY! HE CAN HEAR WHAT YOU'RE SAYING, SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL SAY IT TO HIS FACE!"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2016, 01:02:38 am »

Iram's grin widens tremendously as he effortlessly flips his darkened kukri from hand to hand faster than the eye can see.

"IS THAT SO!? YOU SEE MY DEMISE IN THE NEAR-FUTURE? YOU SEE ME LAID TO WASTE BY YOUR POWER, SLAIN AND DESTROYED, CUT DOWN LIKE SO MUCH CHAFF? MY SMOKING REMNANTS DISCARDED WITH SCANTLY A THOUGHT? YOU WEAVE AN INTERESTING TALE TO BE SURE, BUT AS THEY SAY, HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THE VICTORS AND THE FUTURE IS NOT SET IN STONE! PERHAPS WHEN WE DO BATTLE, TIME AND SPACE RENDER IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO PREVAIL, NO MATTER! WE ARE GODS, TO US THE IMPOSSIBLE IS TRIVIAL, NOTHING IS CERTAIN! TO SPEAK BOLDLY, I LOOK FORWARD TO THE TIME AND I LOOK FORWARD TO THE PLACE WHERE I SHALL SLAY YOU, AND I SHALL RELISH THE EXPERIENCE OF YOUR DEMISE FOR ALL OF ETERNITY, OH SO MIGHTY HOLEY ONE!"

"Incorrect...I am saying I have already lived through it. Time is not a linear thing to beings such as myself. I have defeated you already in my history, it has simply yet to happen in your own. I would tell you the time and nature of your demise, but that would only lead to you attempting to change them risking a Paradox. It can not be avoided, any more than a powerless mortal can change what he had for breakfast the day before. His memory of the event may change, and he may wish it was something else, but in the end the fact remains static. It was inevitable."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2016, 01:19:27 am »

Ne'tharil...well he honestly only listened to all of the useless banter because some of it would be importaint, and it would tell help him figure out the personality's of the other gods to an extent, other then that it was almost unbearable, like watching two nieve mortal children kicking sand into eachothers eyes and complaining to one and another before kicking again in a endless cycle of stagnancy. Of course, the mindless cycle was broken by the war god of all people, and this intrigued Ne'tharil. "I have to say Iram, I'm impressed. Regardless, I agree with what you said earlier, a disk world with a efficient water cycle would be a good idea to start with. I also agree with the lack of anything cog related, they are ugly in my opinion and I would rather not the whole world look like one or have a major part of it as one. Now, let us not fall to petty squabbles and actually have a debate that doesn't devolve into mindless babbling. After all, we are gods, not mortal children."

Then, he turned to the prideful one."You can boast as much as you wish, but know that their are versions of time where you lose as much as you would deny. Also, a word of advise, saying you are going to kill a god who has done nothing to slight you other then using words in reaction to what you have said tends to draw ire of others. It also removes any chance of surprise if you actually do plan on taking action to be the cause of their demise."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2016, 01:21:37 am »

"ah, an interesting idea, though I would prefer water to blood. hmmm perhaps the world should be a round planet, that floats over this sea?"
Explanation: Round worlds are functionally unstable. Will explode/implode.

((Spherical worlds are not allowed.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2016, 01:21:45 am »

"Incorrect...I am saying I have already lived through it. Time is not a linear thing to beings such as myself. I have defeated you already in my history, it has simply yet to happen in your own. I would tell you the time and nature of your demise, but that would only lead to you attempting to change them risking a Paradox. It can not be avoided, any more than a powerless mortal can change what he had for breakfast the day before. His memory of the event may change, and he may wish it was something else, but in the end the fact remains static. It was inevitable."
"You of all people must know of the many-worlds interpretation.  I suggest you observe your future carefully, lest it be washed away."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2016, 02:12:25 am »

"Observations: Member Iram's proposal appears to be most functional and palatable to parties involved presently supporting proposal. Further observations involve member's mutual hostility reasons uncertain requires further investigation. Designing prototype primary secondary tertiary life-forms for settling world. Belief flow foundation supporting members requires intelligent life group design mass or individual variety?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2016, 02:53:43 am »

Response: I believe it best if we create our own individual races.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2016, 06:19:22 am »

A little parrot with a cello awakens with a flourish and a jingle. A simple metronome beat remains, and the lovebird begins playing the oversized instrument.

For Passion, Music I came here
performance mine to start.
Called Ruusukaija, hear my sphere:
the rhythm of the heart.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2016, 06:22:12 am »

Greetings: Hello

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 5 IC [9/40]: Tick -0.5: Genesis
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2016, 07:18:44 am »

Tick -0.5: Genesis

Muda has already taken advantage of the tenuous state of spacetime by conversing with Iram and Organech in the future about the shape of the world.

Cliche has taken to thoroughly investigating the gods' positions on creation, much to their chagrin.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2016, 07:34:03 am »

"You can make any rotating disc power a device."

"What conversation have you been following, friend? The godsea appears to be the majority choice."

"Obviously I missed something.  I do fully support the godsea.  Perhaps it can have discs within it?  On turtles?"
Pisces supports godsea. And island turtles within the sea itself.

I think Iram also supports base godsea, but not sure.

Support rain/weather systems. Blood-hurricanes would be cool.
Support island turtles in ocean
Oppose disc/gear compromise vote

Further proposal: Celestial souls.

Description: Once a mortal dies their soul travels into the sky above where, from an outside perspective, they will shine as a star, even if due to metaphysics the soul itself experiences whatever afterlife they go to. As such the more populous afterlives will shine brighter, being small suns, and souls without an afterlife will simply drift as independent stars, looking down at the world below, and perhaps guiding people. Gods may choose the colour(s) their afterlife shines as.

When a soul reincarnates it will return to the world as a shooting star, rapidly become once more invisible to most mortal senses as it nears the world of the living.

Cliche has taken to thoroughly investigating the gods' positions on creation, much to their chagrin.
I wouldn't call wildly throwing around accusations investigating.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 08:03:24 am by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2016, 07:51:22 am »

[Panzer, The Bestest God and Bestest Armor]

Panzer picks up a piece of paper, which has the proposals on it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Cogs and gears are stupid. They need to move something, stuuupid. You just have them moving themselves, a complete waste of time. Also they're ugly."
Panzer materializes a cuirass (torso plate). Then vambraces (lowerarm plates) and couters (elbow plates)
If she gets pauldrons (shoulder plates) and rerebraces (upperarm plates), her arms would be connected to her torso.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 5 IC [9/40]: Tick -0.5: Genesis
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2016, 08:06:48 am »

Ruusukaija interjects short responses between phrases in his song.

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2016, 10:04:10 am »

"Perhaps the godsea should be water?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2016, 10:42:28 am »

Amber quietly paws at their kinda burned face and the fire she can feel flowing under her skin and in a cracked and crackling voice with a relatively friendly undertone.
"Nice to meet you all I am Amber."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36