Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl 0.19 tournament: get on a Bay12 team!  (Read 23623 times)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl 0.19 tournament: get on a Bay12 team!
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2016, 05:13:15 pm »

Looks like I'm about to end another shitty hybrid of Dith inbetween clearing the dungeon and getting a rune. It would seem my weaker hybrid-ish characters always require a boost from a good god, and I go with the worst ones for points. And the game is definitely harder; I'm used to my dumber characters dying but not to them not even getting a rune first.

In the interest of my sanity I might take it slow this week, run a few high-point combos with like, Trog or something to see if anything sticks, then go back to trying a 15-rune the next weekend. If that fails I'm not sure. Still salty about losing 2 potential 15-rune wins to stupid play.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2016, 10:44:09 pm »

Anyone mind looking at the morgue and seeing if there's any obvious mistakes? Along with not using consumables enough, as I usually do, I think I didn't activate heroism/finesse enough this run either.

Well, first thing that stands out is, like me, you have spare armor scrolls and failed to max out everything. You're also wasting two inventory slots with potions of magic and brilliance. I guess the latter is useful in emergencies of statzero, but... eh.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2016, 12:53:04 pm »

I'm getting very frustrated with this tourney...

Had a Troll Wanderer with 5 runes, and no source of blinking.  I also had 1 cure mut pot, with slow reading, and a couple other bad muts.  Every gram of sense I had told me to just win with what I had.

NO! I said screw it, I'll convert to TSO anyway, even though I know I should never do that without blink, and especially not if I also have slow reading...
Believe it or not, I managed to get killed in crypts by an airdropped oka wrath army, which I was unable to blink out of the middle of.

Later on I splatted a decent cebe...

Now I seem to be on tilt mode.  There's still time for someone to take my place in the champions, I have a bad feeling about this tourney...

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2016, 01:28:12 pm »

Subbing not good with names with you, so you'd be on the Blacksmiths, seems like a solid move if you and he are fine with it

insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2016, 01:30:42 pm »

I have a feeling the V:5 welcoming party didn't like the combo of a scroll of immolation and Elemental Force.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2016, 01:54:50 pm »

Subbing not good with names with you, so you'd be on the Blacksmiths, seems like a solid move if you and he are fine with it

That's fine with me, so he and I would just need to change our teamcaptain strings, then the team captains have to swap us out?

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2016, 02:04:42 pm »

That's fine with me, so he and I would just need to change our teamcaptain strings, then the team captains have to swap us out?

Yep. There's a bit of coordination needed there, so I'll probably hold off until we hear from Graven and not good with names, just so everyone's on the same page. But that's all.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2016, 02:30:01 pm »

I'm here, taking it slow in gameplay this week but paying full attention to the thread :D

Just tell me what needs doing and consider it done.

edit: Unless it's getting a 15-rune win   :'(
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2016, 03:08:41 pm »

ugh, actually got mesmerized by two different sirens on opposite sides. literally could not move. didn't think this was a problem while sirens approached, but then a pack of harpies came out and tore me to shreds. scroll of fear got all but one, but still didn't survive.

.19 feels way, way harder than .17. shorter lair and orc is a big reason, i think. never have as much gear or levels when heading for my first rune.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2016, 04:45:28 pm »

Welp. I'm done. The game has become insanely punishing for even the slightest wrong move. This isn't even !Fun! anymore.

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2016, 05:15:35 pm »

.19 feels way, way harder than .17. shorter lair and orc is a big reason, i think. never have as much gear or levels when heading for my first rune.

Yeah, I think they made the surviving Lair levels a bit more intense (more monsters, so a bit less XP cut), but the first rune definitely seems tough right now - just lost best tourney dude so far on Spider 4 (OgHu) to an entropy weaver (damn i hate those guys), and now I have a SpEn of Ash going, which means tonnes of XP to spare, but I haven't found much in way of books to help me out... I guess we could always level/gear up a bit in Depths, ha ha, kidding.
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

Not good with names

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2016, 06:15:33 pm »

Alright, I suppose I'm the last piece, I'll change Gravenous to my team captain and set this whole thing in motion.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2016, 06:28:56 pm »

And I just splatted a DDFi in Swamp. Mara is annoying at any level, but especially earlier on when you don't have good methods to annihilate single targets quickly.

I'll probably another DDFi axe maniac though, since it's a good change of pace from my standard MiFi.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2016, 06:31:53 pm »

Ok swapped Damiac for Petestorm.

Best of luck lads!

I'll keep trying stupid combos this week, and revert to more reasonable melee dudes post-Friday. Yes I know it makes no sense to do it when they'll be worth even less, shut up :D

edit: also nice to see other people find the shortened branches more difficult and it's not just me whining for nothing. Thanks lads!

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2016, 06:34:29 pm »

Swapped PeteStorm for Damiac in my file.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18