Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl 0.19 tournament: get on a Bay12 team!  (Read 23558 times)

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dungeon Crawl 0.19 tournament: get on a Bay12 team!
« on: October 28, 2016, 02:53:49 pm »

Each release of crawl comes with a two weeks long tournament and the 0.19 tournament is coming up. Bay12 has been participating (with good success) in previous tournaments. The tournament plays online on any of the servers and score is kept individually and for teams.

The tournament officially starts 20:00 UTC Friday 4 November.
The tournament officially ends 20:00 UTC Sunday 20 November.

Bay12 Crawl thread is: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=28410.0
Official Crawl site is: http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/
The old 0.18 tournament thread is: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157965
The wiki is http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Crawl_Wiki
The list of servers is https://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/howto
The leaderboards are http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.19/overview.html (and will be active once the tournament starts)

A team may have a maximum of 6 players, new players are very welcomed.
The tournament begins soon but placement in teams can be made up to one week after the start.

We usually match people of similar skill using this criteria :
Expert: Win or multiple runes.
Advanced: A rune or close to one.
Intermediate: Reached the Lair
Beginner: Wants to join the Tournament

We generally field a few teams, split by level, but there's no limit to the number of teams and we can add more as needed. Each team has a team captain(whose only responsibility is to place their players names in their rc file and keep it updated), and up to 5 members. I'll be captain of the Blacksmiths, as normal.

Name format: Forum/Crawl

Bay 12 Champions (Expert)
Graven/Gravenous (captain)
TheDarkStar/TheDarkStar
Arcvasti/Arcvasti
Aelig/Aelig
Not good with names/Petestorm
Tegga21/Tegga21

http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.19/clans/gravenous.html
Code: [Select]
# TEAMCAPTAIN Gravenous

Bay 12 Blacksmiths (Advanced)
Xgamer4/Xgamer4 (captain)
Damiac/Damiac
Empty/Empty
vogonpoet/vogonpoet
AlStar/AlStar
Aoi/Harvester

http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.19/clans/xgamer4.html
# TEAMCAPTAIN Xgamer4

Bay 12 Miners (Intermediate)
IcyTea31/IcyTea (captain)
Tiruin/Tiruin
secondsicily/Sicily
ZeroGravitas/Grisamentum
ggurman/ggurman
Dozebôm Lolumzalìs/jwoodward48ss

http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.19/clans/icytea.html
# TEAMCAPTAIN IcyTea

Bay 12 Nobles (Beginners)
?/frankhovis (captain)
?/2d6

http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.19/clans/frankhovis.html
# TEAMCAPTAIN frankhovis
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 12:14:21 pm by Xgamer4 »
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl 0.19 tournament: get on a Bay12 team!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 03:12:38 pm »

I would be happy to participate. I've won a few times (MiFi/DsFi), but I'm terrible at anything magic-related.

For some reason I can't access any of the develz.org sites though - it just says "This site can't be reached" and that the DNS address can't be found.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 03:23:17 pm »

I'd like like to join the Blacksmiths. My username is "IcyTea", without quotes.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Not good with names

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 07:24:40 pm »

Well, Since CAO is back up, I guess I can join.  The name's "Petestorm", and while I have a few 5+ rune games I haven't had the discipline to get an online win yet, though I have offline.  I'd prefer a blacksmiths spot but I can move up to the experts if need be.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 07:31:25 pm »

Arcvasti/Champions

I've gotten several wins[All but two of them 15 runers], mostly with Dr, Ds or Mi. I can't win consistently, especially on the laggy online servers, but I should be able to get two or three at the least.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 11:32:19 pm »

Finally I can be on the front page and say "Sign me up for the rank-above-beginner!" :D

Although I've no idea how to really rank myself >_> The only thing I did was win once with 5 runes and stuff ._.;
And the only times I do usually die is when faced with GAAAAHHHH situations.

Edoot: Sign me up for the Miners if possible--because I'm SO shy if I'm in any higher position :D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 11:40:38 pm by Tiruin »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 12:39:44 am »

Sounds good! I barely squeaked out a win last time (was like a weird 5-runer or something) and can boast literally one of the worst win:loss ratios in the entire tournament, so anywhere is fine for me. =D

Oh, and Crawl ID is Harvester.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 01:30:49 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 05:40:34 am »

Sign me up for Advanced.
Name's Empty.

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 07:31:05 am »

Hello again everyone :)

Sign me up for a team please... not the champions, I don't really have time to take the tourney very seriously, but I will try to get at least a couple of wins for the Blacksmiths - my usual lajataur, maybe a SpEn, whilst continuing to battle my inability to win a Na, Fo or Mu.

/36 wins, never more than 6 runes
//name is vogonpoet
///capitalise my user name at your peril
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

Aelig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 11:27:18 am »

Count me in ! I have quite a lot of time to play this time around so I'll join the Champions please.

Aelig/Champions

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 02:19:31 pm »

Alright, count me in for Champions (I've had two 15-rune wins, although they were on easier melee characters, and I've gotten decently far with several other races and backgrounds). My username is TheDarkStar.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 01:57:07 am »

Alright, count me in for Champions (I've had two 15-rune wins, although they were on easier melee characters, and I've gotten decently far with several other races and backgrounds). My username is TheDarkStar.
Tell me your secrets @_@
I've had trouble with the Tomb (After the Crypt I think, is the name) because of the scariness of my life getting red chunks of it in the Tiles-health bar :< That, or it's just me being scared about it because of that scary iterations of my life somehow decreasing and me having no idea why. It's usually when greater mummies (or their strange rolling scarabs who I can easily fight but they seem to damage me?) occur. [Can be seen in my only 5 rune win Formicid wherein I retreated after 1 greater mummy + hero greater mummy]

Also @Miners (I'm ok with being placed anywhere--just not in the Captain slot, because I'm a shy person :D), what happened to the Beginner tier, Xgamer?

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2016, 03:12:47 am »

I've had trouble with the Tomb (After the Crypt I think, is the name) because of the scariness of my life getting red chunks of it in the Tiles-health bar :< That, or it's just me being scared about it because of that scary iterations of my life somehow decreasing and me having no idea why. It's usually when greater mummies (or their strange rolling scarabs who I can easily fight but they seem to damage me?) occur. [Can be seen in my only 5 rune win Formicid wherein I retreated after 1 greater mummy + hero greater mummy]

Pain/Torment from the mummy curses?

I like switching to Kiku or TSO at the end of the vaults (after everything else in core, before extended/orb run) to do the tomb since the former blocks mummy curses, the latter has a lot of powerful anti-undead and rN+++.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 03:20:13 am by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2016, 02:53:46 pm »

Tell me your secrets @_@

You're seeing pain and torment from mummy curses. If you have no rN, it chops off 50% of your HP, but decreases to 35% with rN+++. In general, you want to be really high level when you go for Tomb (high enough that you can take on a greater mummy or two without too much concern) and have rN++/+++ and lots of MR, along with scrolls of holy word/a holy weapon if you can. In past 15-rune runs I've done, I've done the sequence Lair -> Orc -> Snake/Spider rune -> Vault1-4 -> clear depths -> V:5 -> Shoals/Swamp -> Elf + Vestibule -> abandon Oka for TSO unless I'm a demonspawn -> Abyss for piety before even considering doing Tomb. Tomb is nice because you don't need a wide range of resistances, but torment gets annoying. Basically just stairdance wherever possible, and if you can't stairdance lure individual enemies away (and teleport/use Shatter to skip going back up to Tomb:1 for the second part).

iirc I had a run where I did Gehenna before Tomb because it was easier to deal with.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2016, 03:57:25 pm »

Also @Miners (I'm ok with being placed anywhere--just not in the Captain slot, because I'm a shy person :D), what happened to the Beginner tier, Xgamer?

Nothing much. I just grabbed the teams that got used last tournament (And ignored the late-comers). We didn't have enough participants to field a Beginner team, so I didn't add it. If you'd prefer that, though, the Beginner's team is traditionally The Cheesemakers, and I can add you there.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18