Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 280

Author Topic: Twilight Academy: Resurgence (School Thread - IC) - Welcome to Class  (Read 123734 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy: Resurgence (School Thread - IC) - Welcome to Class
« Reply #3960 on: November 23, 2016, 10:04:25 am »

"Something the matter?"
"Just wondering whether or not students are allowed to provide medical care. 'Cause the way I see it, there's a few people I know who might be interested in getting better at healing, and hey, it beats having to walk all the way here! Nothing serious of course, I was just thinking about starting off with healing some minor scrapes, maybe some paramedic stuff once we get better, y'know, making injured people a bit more stable and comfortable when they get carted over here?"
The nurse stares at you quietly seemingly thinking before quietly saying.
"If there minor or its an emergency then yes."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: November 23, 2016, 10:05:51 am »

"Five minutes left, then I will ask everyone to report back."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: November 24, 2016, 03:32:15 pm »

Lacie looked up as the teacher gave the deadline, quickly she redoubled her efforts hoping to get it done in time.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: November 25, 2016, 06:00:54 pm »

Miss Weiss claps her hands, signalling time is up.
"Okay, class. T-time's up! S-so....how do you i-intend to act in t-this scenario?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: November 25, 2016, 06:22:20 pm »

"Make sure I know the enemy composition beforehand and plan my forces accordingly so I can decimate them regardless of the terrain with minimal casualties."
Black lives matter.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: November 25, 2016, 07:49:00 pm »

"So, to provide an actual plan of action without saying "I will simply plan ahead," Have the central group hold the chokepoints and draw in the blue forces while the other two units slip around the side barriers and then come in from behind for a pincer attack."
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: November 25, 2016, 07:54:29 pm »

"If you don't plan ahead, you're a failure as a tactitian."
Black lives matter.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: November 25, 2016, 08:02:01 pm »

"Two things. One: that was completely not my point. Two: Part of planning ahead involves HAVING A PLAN. You did not formulate a plan, you simply said, "I refuse to formulate a plan until I know something about my enemies." The thing is, you don't; that's the scenario."
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: November 25, 2016, 08:07:11 pm »

"Well, okay. Sorry about the first thing, but the second thing is totally wrong. The scenario was "beat the blue guys as the red guys" with no other restrictions or stipulations except you do so with the map provided. Nothing was ever said about the compositions of either force, nor that you didn't know and couldn't dictate at least the red force as you saw fit. I followed the terms of the assignment as they were given; I don't know why you seem to be so against the way I did it."
Black lives matter.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: November 25, 2016, 08:12:08 pm »

"My problem is that the point of this lesson is clearly strategic maneuvers between theoretically equal opponents, not stacking the deck in your favor. Now don't get me wrong, that's a big part of tactics too, but it was painfully easy to infer that it's not the point of this lesson! I should hope that you're just being sarcastic, and not so tragically hardwired to completely literal programmer talk. Seriously, there are some benefits to inferring things."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: November 25, 2016, 08:14:08 pm »

"Well, okay. Sorry about the first thing, but the second thing is totally wrong. The scenario was "beat the blue guys as the red guys" with no other restrictions or stipulations except you do so with the map provided. Nothing was ever said about the compositions of either force, nor that you didn't know and couldn't dictate at least the red force as you saw fit. I followed the terms of the assignment as they were given; I don't know why you seem to be so against the way I did it."
"We're supposed to be learning how to adapt to different situations, as they happen. Simply planning ahead will not help that, as you can't plan for every possible situation. And we were given images depicting the size of each force for a reason. So we could learn how to win, even in such a situation. You might have suggested an idea that works, yes, but the point of the lesson is to learn how to better plan our tactics in certain situations."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: November 25, 2016, 08:17:37 pm »

"Why are you getting so angry about how someone else did the assignment? If you have a problem with it then feel free, but you could calmly explain that (since you so clearly feel the need to correct me) instead of calling me "tragically hardwired" and making yourself look like a pretty big jerk."

"We're supposed to be learning how to adapt to different situations, as they happen. Simply planning ahead will not help that, as you can't plan for every possible situation. And we were given images depicting the size of each force for a reason. So we could learn how to win, even in such a situation. You might have suggested an idea that works, yes, but the point of the lesson is to learn how to better plan our tactics in certain situations."
"See? That's a much better way to put it. I didn't know that was the point of the lesson but she just explained it to me, nicely."
Black lives matter.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: November 25, 2016, 08:37:10 pm »

"I'm not angry. I'm a fair bit exasperated, a bit annoyed, but I'm not angry. If I were angry, I wouldn't have said "don't get me wrong," and I did explain the assignment, but yeah, she definitely did a better job than I did. I'm not trying to be a jerk, and I'm sorry if I am, I just... I try to keep an open mind, honestly I do, but I just have always had a hard time with people who don't get certain things as quickly as I'm used to people getting things. As much as I try to come to terms with the fact that some people just don't come naturally to the same things I do, I always end up feeling like they're just trolling when they don't."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: November 25, 2016, 08:43:10 pm »

Willow stares at him for a little while, then says in a neutral tone, "You should fix that."
Black lives matter.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: November 25, 2016, 08:45:00 pm »

"I've tried."
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 280