- 4 (22.2%)
005, Venom
- 0 (0%)
006, Psion
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: October 23, 2016, 05:19:11 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Life of a UFO Commander  (Read 22005 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life of a UFO Commander
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2016, 11:03:27 am »

Lets go lasers

A Biogenorator would le us build new organic organs and the like right?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2016, 03:25:57 pm »

Yup. Biogenerator is organ science all the way. While abducting specimens is good for run-of-the-mill organs, the Biogenerator is for exotic stuff that you won't find for light years.

General consensus is Lasers, yes?

Note: In this universe, X-Com is a three-pronged organization. Investigation, like the X-Files, R&D, the scientists, and the Strike Teams, military. X-Com deploys ground teams, UFO Interceptors, and anti-ship missiles. This is common knowledge in your empire.
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2016, 08:41:36 pm »

With some deliberation, you decide upon the Laser batteries. Powerful, silent, what's not to like? Well, the installation. It takes roughly five day-tenths to get the emitters, capacitors, heat sinks, and the veritable mountain of cable. EVA work is incredibly tiring. Gives you a good reminder of why everyone uses tractor beams. Resting your ship in high orbit gives you the freedom to rest over the night. Do aliens dream of psychic sheep? Yes, yes they do.

Waking up the next 'morning', the fabricators prepare your daily NutriStim pill, flavored like Reshe fruit. Despite the general lack of emotions in your race, you feel pride at your work. What to do, what to do...

Spoiler: Ship (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Subjects (click to show/hide)
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2016, 08:45:20 pm »

Lets snag a few other feline samples and mix them with houmans in similar manner to Hunter-1. We can compare the results and see which feline sample is superior. It'll get us a few soldiers out of it as well.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2016, 09:27:37 pm »

Lets snag a few other feline samples and mix them with houmans in similar manner to Hunter-1. We can compare the results and see which feline sample is superior. It'll get us a few soldiers out of it as well.
+1
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2016, 10:53:41 pm »

+1

+1

Question: Do we have any personal defences on our Grey person?  In case our Felinid Sapien troops get out of control.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2016, 10:54:19 pm »

we got the control chips.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2016, 10:54:45 pm »

Preferably something that can kill at close range if said chips fail. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2016, 01:48:47 am »

+1
+1
+1

I had a shocking idea: let's try stacking ten or twenty electric eels' electrocytes on the back of a vermin - I'll just call them that, it's easier to remember - and a conductor through a low intensity laser between the brain lobes and out the forehead.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2016, 01:58:34 am »

So basically making a rat that shoots lightning bolts?

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2016, 02:33:33 am »

An electric homin. A hearty +1 to that.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2016, 02:33:49 am »

That, one of those umies-hyummi-me-whatevers. Vermin bald apes.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 02:35:56 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2016, 08:31:49 am »

Humies? Hyuumies? Sapient Bipedal Vermin? Anyway, we know what they're called. Probably.
~~~

On the matter of personal defense: Abduct some small creatures with lots of bones. Then do a bunch of jumbling up and whatnot and create... basically a bone dart gun for our personal emergency use. Surely there must be some body parts we can use to generate kinetic energy!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2016, 10:09:14 am »

Humies? Hyuumies? Sapient Bipedal Vermin? Anyway, we know what they're called. Probably.
~~~

On the matter of personal defense: Abduct some small creatures with lots of bones. Then do a bunch of jumbling up and whatnot and create... basically a bone dart gun for our personal emergency use. Surely there must be some body parts we can use to generate kinetic energy!
+1 to that
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2016, 04:49:04 pm »

You know what would be cool? A dart gun that shoots bone! Wait a second, you already have a Laserpistol, right? With a bit of rummaging around in storage, the ergonomic weapon reassures you of the ship's safety. There is no rest for the great mind, after all.

The Hunter experiment seemed to be a wonderful success, and you decide to repeat it, using other species of felids. For the first one of the day, you decide upon a 'Leopard' and hyoumen from the southwestern portion of 'Asia'. They are abducted from separate places, and unfortunately, one of the huimun's relatives sees your UFO. There's no need to say you were out there like a Grey on planet Juru. Despite this mishap, surgery goes well. This particular hybrid, while not as intelligent, seems more able to swiftly run and jump from obstacle to obstacle.

The second is given the instincts of a 'Lion', picked up in southern 'Africa'. It is given a set of electric cells, picked up from sea creatures in the 'Atlantic'. These heumons like giving things names that start with A! This one... doesn't end up so great. You had to remove some mass from it's brain to fit in the low-power laser. It has difficulties aiming, and the laser is too low-intensity to hurt armored targets. Well, it shoots lightning from it's head. Putting in the guide laser, electric emitters, and the insulation reduces intelligence. It'll fry pretty much anything in it's effective range of twenty feet. Essentially, little 'Electro' is a glass cannon.
+9 Science points

Time to do something else...

Spoiler: Ship (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Subjects (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:12:37 pm by KiwiOui »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12