- 4 (22.2%)
005, Venom
- 0 (0%)
006, Psion
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: October 23, 2016, 05:19:11 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Life of a UFO Commander  (Read 21975 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Life of a UFO Commander
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2016, 09:38:17 am »

Dissect whatever is left. Study their anatomy and biochemistry.

Only if the process of merging kills them, though.
Indeed! if they're still alive, what we're going to do is called a "vivisection" instead. If it works once, we can always do it again as needed.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 09:39:37 am »

Indeed! if they're still alive, what we're going to do is called a "vivisection" instead.
As long as we can stitch them back together afterwards. What else would we use for our first foot soldier?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 01:38:58 pm »

Indeed! if they're still alive, what we're going to do is called a "vivisection" instead.
As long as we can stitch them back together afterwards. What else would we use for our first foot soldier?
+1
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2016, 04:14:15 pm »

'...once experimentation is complete, inject Amnesia A, return subjects to dwelling.' Pah! Boring. With your newfound knowledge of earthling brains, Subject B is placed in biostasis for the removal of it's brain. What a pity to see such an adorable being go. Well, you did it for science, so no issue! While the AutoMed's robotic arms cut out the brain, you gather a few linkage coils, anti-rejection shots, and the piece de resistance, a control chip. The interior tractor beams lift B's severed head over to the surgical table as robotic scalpels and bonesaws drop from the ceiling. Time to get to work.

Two hours later, you have the new and improved better abominationy test subject. With joined digestive and nerve systems, A & B are effectively one creature. The near-seamless electronic bridge between the two brains only improve it. While not quite telepathy, the system is speedy and efficient, with a built-in control chip! Now, testing.

Things... didn't do so great. You placed the subject within a short-term holding cell, and injected it with a stimulant to degrade the anesthetic. You decide to leave the neural bridge and control chip inactive for the moment. The very picosecond it wakes up, one mouth emits a horrible wail, as the other screams a haunting 'Myouuuuuuuu', flailing about with every limb. Your shriveled, gray hand presses down on the button to activate the bridge, and the screeches die down to a low, but clearly distressed grunting. As it awkwardly shambles about, you realize why linking a biped and a quadruped might not have been your finest decision. Intelligence is degraded as well. Deciding to try the direct control option in the control chip, set of goggles, descend from the roof panels. The goggles are quickly wrapped around your head, and vision switches to the subj- do not try to see through four eyes at once, dear science. Shuddering from the experience, vision is localized to the hoomin's body. Congratulations, you've created the galaxy's most unstealthy meat puppet. Despite not being ideal, you now have quite a lot of experience in the construction of organic hybrids! The idea of vivisecting it comes upon you, but you've only merged the two organisms, and have scanned both before.
+6 Science Points, goal achieved!

The ship's data transmitter quickly beams your science to command. By proving you're not some simpleton, upgrades, new systems and such can be beamed over to you to assist in research. On the pilot's console, a list of possible systems pop up.
Available Upgrades: (Please pick one.)
*Heavy Laser Battery- More powerful defense systems.
*Long Range Scanners- Detect inbound X-Com, search for subjects.
*Medium Range Tractor Beam- Reaches longer, lifts more.
*Biogenerator- Create biomass and organs.

Even as the proof of your success is in front of you, you worry. This much time spent stationary? X-Com might be here any second!

Spoiler: Ship (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Subjects (click to show/hide)
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2016, 04:31:24 pm »

Even as the proof of your success is in front of you, you worry. This much time spent stationary? X-Com might be here any second!
Indeed, it's best to be long gone when they arrive.
Buy a "Long Range Scanners- Detect inbound X-Com, search for subjects".

Head elsewhere and get another Earthling and some stealth predator - a big feline. This time, we'll try to bridge only the cognitive part of the predator into a oomie brain, leaving all the motor control parts intact; that might help reducing the creature's confusion.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 04:36:10 pm by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2016, 04:39:42 pm »

Lets get moving. I like the mixing a feline and a human proposal!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2016, 04:42:48 pm »

Indeed, it's best to be long gone when they arrive.
Buy a "Long Range Scanners- Detect inbound X-Com, search for subjects".

Head elsewhere and get another Earthling and some stealth predator - a big feline. This time, we'll try to bridge only the cognitive part of the predator into a oomie brain, leaving all the motor control parts intact; that might help reducing the creature's confusion.
+1
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2016, 04:47:39 pm »

Lets get moving. I like the mixing a feline and a human proposal!
Ditto.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2016, 04:50:16 pm »

My headcanon is that the entity we're controlling is several different bodies in a hivemind.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2016, 05:02:44 pm »

Keep in mind, the Cowperson is still in short-term storage. Notice 'Short-Term'. It isn't really equipped to feed prisoners. I'd like some info on what to do with it.
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 05:03:41 pm »

Vivisection! The innards probably look absolutely fascinating!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2016, 05:10:34 pm »

We'll pile up a few subjects in there - maybe six or eight, fit them with a camera and transmitter, and release them all at the same time in some small town to evaluate the response forces' tactics and equipment from a safe distance.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2016, 07:10:30 pm »

After some contemplation, you decide upon the scanner array. Matter is transported over lightyears of space, crossing the immense distance in barely a minute. To the puny huumens below, such technology would be a miracle. Your society deals in such things with all the wonder and amazement of an earthling ordering pizza. Anyway, the system is installed soon enough, and your craft accelerates to hypersonic speeds, leaving nothing behind but a sonic boom. Straight south, past the planet's equator, and into the tropics. Jungle canopy is ripped apart by nanoweave titanium, engines dimming into a hum. The dense leaves obscure your UFO, stalking two life forms. The first, a heumun belonging to a pre-industrial society- the other, a crouched black felinid. This 'Black Jaguar' is the first one to be lifted into the sky by glowing tractor beams. It crumples to the floor with the swift hiss of an injector. Wildlife flees from your craft, but the earthling remains unafraid. Until he too is gripped by the tractor beam.

Both are placed, sleeping, in the experimentation room. You'll do it right this time. Scanners run across the hoomin, and the AutoMed slices into his brain. Every memory of this creature's life is here one moment, and gone the next. The only ones left are how to run, and how to hunt. Now, the felinid. It's memories and instincts are extracted, leaving a husk, before being imprinted into the houmen, melding with his own remainder. Now you have the dexterity and intellect of a human, and the instincts of the cat, all within your subject. At last, a control chip is implanted within the cranium. Now you just need a weapon for it. Deciding to test first, it gets placed into the cell alongside the previous subject.

With a shot of stimulant, it awakes. No screeching hits your ears, only a sound similar to a roar. The subject stands up, pacing around the room. Perfect. The holographic projectors glow with the image of a prey creature. The subject pounces. Of course, it passes through, but instead of confusion, result is met with it's eyes looking over the projection, before flashing with realization. Then, it curls up and begins to sleep. You grin at your success. All that's left to do is build a weapon.
+8 Science Points

Spoiler: Ship (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Subjects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 07:16:20 pm »

Hum. Lets use the thing's instincts. Some form of clawed weapon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 07:20:56 pm »

Yes. A pair of metal gauntlets that can extrude plasma/energy/whatnot claws, connected to the wearer's neural system so they can trigger at a thought. Surely the huumens must have workshops with supplies you can steal somewhere, right?

If we can't do that, how about we cannibalize some of Abomination's bones and other biomass and create a pair of "gauntlets" that can extrude bone claws at a thought as a result of neutral connection. Not as good, but helps us get some more experience with biology.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12