Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Weather thread? Weather thread.  (Read 9397 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: Weather thread? Weather thread.
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2018, 09:37:24 am »

Heat lovers are lizards. Everyone knows it. We've got a heatwave here in Britain, and it's unbearable! It doesn't drop below 17 degrees C until the wee hours of the morning, and during the day it has reached 30-odd. I crave the return of winter and my cool 12 degree max. How can I languish beneath the gaze of my new fan, untirely unclad and yet still be unreasonably warm? How am I to divest myself of my skin in order to feel the cool breeze upon my veins?
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2018, 10:07:34 am »

Fans just move air around. Unless you induce a wind-chill factor, the best they do is disturb the laminar layer of body-warmed air.

As to removing the skin: try Brillo Pads™? Or try to find the right part of a cheese-grater, according to your skin-type. (Save the nutmeg bit for your nuts!)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2018, 10:46:58 pm »

It topped out at 30 degrees C here today and it was the most pleasant feeling day in at least a month. (ignoring the fact that it rained or stormed literally all day)  It's midnight now and it's still 22C.  Could always be worse.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2018, 01:02:05 pm »

There is a beautiful rainstorm outside. I saw a little spider with a huge clutch of eggs grab the nest and hide it under a 'blanket' made out of webs.

Also, the rainstorm came on about 5 minutes after I put out some washing. Naturally.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2018, 01:13:08 pm »

Fans just move air around. Unless you induce a wind-chill factor, the best they do is disturb the laminar layer of body-warmed air.

As to removing the skin: try Brillo Pads™? Or try to find the right part of a cheese-grater, according to your skin-type. (Save the nutmeg bit for your nuts!)
http://contrib2.wkfinetools.com/FidgenT/2HandedRasps/2HandedRasps-02.asp
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]