Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Weather thread? Weather thread.  (Read 9400 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weather thread? Weather thread.
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2016, 11:11:46 am »

"Feels like 57 C"

Yeah, that occasionally happens to my weather station too. There were a few days when it said the high was going to be in the 130s.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2016, 11:22:51 am »

Seems like an honest enough mistake, but F and C are only interchangeable down at -40, very amusing though!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2018, 11:46:24 am »

It burns!
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2018, 12:36:19 pm »

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2018, 03:59:39 pm »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2018, 06:57:13 pm »

Oh come the fuck on Canada, 35 C is like a brisk spring day in Texas (except when it decides HA HA HERE'S A BUNCH OF FREEZING RAIN FOR NO REASON and drops to -3 C for some reason) and it's literally the normal temperature outside here in Memphis right now.

Ever seen 40 C with a heat index creeping up on 45 C? You walk outside and it's like the air is giving you a hug... a big sweaty crushing hug like you accidentally went into the kitchen and climbed into your oven for some reason.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2018, 09:31:26 pm »

Boil something in there for a while first if you want to try a worse off florida one. Ruddy humidity.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2018, 01:09:10 am »

Ever stepped outside into 50 C? If you want to know the feeling of an Arizona summer, turn on your oven, and stick your head inside.
Wow. That sounds awesome! Best temperature I've had is like, 45 degrees, although come to think of it I didn't watch the temperature too closely while I was over in AZ. How much is that in Fahrenheit?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2018, 02:20:57 am »

Ever stepped outside into 50 C? If you want to know the feeling of an Arizona summer, turn on your oven, and stick your head inside.
Unfortunately this is no understatement

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2018, 08:24:13 am »

https://www.weather.gov/fwd/d100data

I was born in 1980, the last 100 degree day that year was Sept 16, when I was 5 days old. I remember vaguely being amazed at seeing something like a 106 F actual and 120+ heat index at some point, but it stopped being amazing after a while.

Lewisville is a little bit lower than the area around it, and has a big lake nearby so it's ALWAYS humid, and I was mistaken on the 95 F being a brisk spring day, back in 96 we hit that in late February apparently.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2018, 08:56:09 am »

As someone now living in Florida, suck it up. This is nothing compared to Arizona.
It's still fairly tame at the moment. I've been to arizona during the height of summer, and I'd make the trade in an instant if it were an option. Dry heat fucks me up far less than humid heat does.

E: though, mind, if options are being considered to the abyss with both and off to somewhere that doesn't spend much the year cosplaying fiery hell would be the way to go
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 08:58:54 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2018, 02:00:02 pm »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44749847

Shit is going bad fast in Japan. We need a proper thread for it to keep track of the situation.

In summery as of now 1.5 million people are being ordered to evacuate and 3 million more advised to do so possibly turning into orders later. 50,000 rescue personnel have been deployed with likely more in the future. This is a disaster of massive importance.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 02:01:35 pm by redwallzyl »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2018, 08:38:41 am »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44756369
It's getting worse
60 known dead 2 million evacuating and more rain coming.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2018, 09:09:29 am »

For a number of years, this weekend (or a very close equivalent date) has seen me camping. This is the first year that I haven't had to make sure the tent is dry when packing it up on the Sunday morning. Some years it has rained (boy has it rained!) but even the warm and dry years have left me having to let the dew dry from my (upturned) flysheet and groundsheet of my inner (folded over to half dry, folded again to ¾-dry, folded again to ⅞-dry, then flipped on the now dry grass to get the last ⅛th sun-baked).

This year, no moisture at all nothing on the parched grass and nothing on the fabric.

Ok, so it's not Saddleworth Moors, or anything, but the dryness is notably different from any prior year I can bring to mind.

(I'll probably repack the kit when I get home, but it will just be to let tufts of dry grass fall out of the quickly (but not necessarily exactingly) packed bag-of-tent, rather than to make sure it doesn't get a bit mouldy.)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8