Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160011 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1155 on: October 18, 2016, 02:36:51 am »

The Trike returns to the VTOL easily enough. The Knight accepted Regon's hand to help him up. "Well Orc, I don't believe I'm in a shape to properly give you a good fighting if that's what you're looking for, but I'm not going to back down." Said the aged man.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 18, 2016, 02:40:08 am »

Mako tries to not look disgusted as she tries to put the body bag around Amadou without getting any blood on her.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 18, 2016, 02:44:26 am »

Vhan steps in and helps Mako. When Vhan gets to Amadou's face, Vhan pauses and zips up the bag.

"You should get used to blood. We'll be seeing plenty of it in the future."
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 18, 2016, 02:47:22 am »

Regon chuckles at the man
"Im notta typa git ta bring someun back justa kill 'em, im tellin ya ta live, no point in dyin for dis, you haz a job ta do, roite?"
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 18, 2016, 03:42:49 am »

((Keep in mind that white flag only means peace on Terra.))

Nope. At least according to the mission logs, which Amadou took care to study:

"Forgive this man, Eldar, he refuses to acknowledge any sort of civility or personal value. I, on the other hand, would look forward to seeing this Imperium of Man. Tell me, if we wanted to contact the ruler, how would be the best way to do so? Obviously we cannot simply charge up to his kingdom, that would look like an assault, and we have had QUITE enough of that"

*Withering Glare at Tal*
"You can walk through the front gate, I suppose? send a messenger? Surely one as wise and amazing as you would know the answer." The Elder said to the dragon.
((Did he say that sarcastically?))

Very well. What is the symbol for 'peace' in your culture?"
[One does not simply speaks sarcastically at a dragon's face.]

"A white flag." he answers. Amber got closer to Zander still.

What that guy did was perfidy, which is a war crime, and if the Empire is based on Terran culture some remainder of the idea that one does not attack a flag of truce would have dripped down the ages
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 03:46:08 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 18, 2016, 03:46:14 am »

((Keep in mind that that was stated by an elf in response to what Dwarves would see as a 'peace' sign. Mind you, the elf in question demonstrated to be unreliable and when Frazz questioned Ichabold, the handsign the elder claimed was a positive sign was in fact an insult on par with the middle finger.))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 18, 2016, 03:51:19 am »

[I think that was from Amber's village. Still doesn't mean that he's telling the Truth, though. Plus Amadou did pisses on their God. People gets tied to poles and burned alive or have their skins flayed for the same thing back then.]

Regon chuckles at the man
"Im notta typa git ta bring someun back justa kill 'em, im tellin ya ta live, no point in dyin for dis, you haz a job ta do, roite?"

"Right you are, Orc. Looks like my mount's dea- Oh, wait, there she is." The Knight said, gesturing at the Kelpie that was sliced in two that's been trying to reform into one again. It looks very much still alive. "Well, my parleying party seems to be dead. And my gate somehow destroyed. I suppose I'll be seeing you in the field of battle again then, Orc?"

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 18, 2016, 04:07:40 am »

((The general assumption is that the Empire was founded by Akras personnel, people from a Terran culture. The white flag is a cultural meme strong enough to have resisted, or the elder would have said something completely unrelated like a sheepbeast's head on a pole or a bunch of fronded leafs or the likes instead of with an instantly recognizable Terran meme.))

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 18, 2016, 04:15:41 am »

((In theory. In practice. The theory that Gaian humans originated from Terra is just that. A theory. As a result, any theories derivative from said theory require the first theory to be true in the first place.))

((However when it comes down to it. The main mistake wasn't the flag. it was the complete botching of the diplomacy, shitting all over the enemy CO's gods, giving an ultimatum and failing to back it up, and then getting taunted into removing your visor that existed Specifically to stop damage like that. Even in the event that you had a proper peace sign, you still committed not only major heresy (Which is a death sentence on its own), but threatened the opposition's livelihood and village without any show of force whatsoever. Did you expect that to go any other way?))

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 18, 2016, 04:29:24 am »

"Well dat be dependin' on wot side ya end up on, but inna end, i hope ya wont be lettin me down".
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 18, 2016, 04:34:24 am »

((Our arrival itself was a demonstration of force, and Amadou's last words were precisely to make a 50mm demonstration of force. VK decide to just ignore it.))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 18, 2016, 04:38:47 am »

[Also insulted a Knight. As far as they know, your flying machine might be something similar to a Dwarven Gyrocopter. Or Gobbos one, which is even worse. Maybe it's armed, maybe it have some bombs, maybe it could blow a gate up, but it definitely wouldn't stop him from shooting you in the face.

At the time period, insulting a Knight's honor calls for a duel, Insulting a Knight's Honor, threatens his estate as well as sprouting heretical filth about their God? that gets you killed. You gave him no reason to show you any respect, even worse you willingly removed your 'faceplate' from his taunt, which I don't think is going to impress the aged man who likely seen quite a few battles himself very much. Thus his words when he shot you. 'You claim that you've killed Gods, but only Gods can kill another god. So let's see if you're one.'

You offered to show him your force and amazingness, he didn't know if you could wipe the tree lines out, but he'd be mightily surprised and impressed had your face stopped his bullet. A god's face definitely could.

Yours didn't. Thus, until that 50mm starts firing, the Knight didn't see you any better than a boastful man who happens to have a magical metal mount ridden by a woman, a man with strange weapons and an Orc brute. With the odds of 8 people against 4, 3 if discounting the woman, even with the Orc, the odds are pretty good in his mind.

And if his shot manages to drop you at the very start? That's 2 against 8. Practically a sure win even if the two others are armed with muskets.

They do not know of any firearms that can shoot more than once before reloading save for the multi-barrel muskets, and yours looks like it has a single barrel.

I think I had the Knight acted with reasonable logic on his part as a middle age's Knight. If you find any faults in them, please do point it out. I'd like to keep on improving my ability as the GM. :)

But yes, even with a proper peace sign, it is not Plot armor. There are no Plot armor in the game, only actual armor. I can only promise that I won't bring unavoidable deaths such as Rockfalls everyone dies. But only that.]

"Well dat be dependin' on wot side ya end up on, but inna end, i hope ya wont be lettin me down".

"You're one honorable Orc if I've ever met one, Orc. What's your name? I'd like to know who I shall be fighting with or against soon. I myself am Sir Eddard of house Steiner. Lord of the land before you and the men that your.. associates have killed."

[Also, Amadou's last words about 50mm were made after I've started writing the results for the previous post, I'm sorry that it took so long to finish as I was at work at the time. And frankly? The Knight's not going to let you breath long enough to get that order out before he takes up your offer in show of force by shooting you in the face. Thus, shot in the face.]

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 18, 2016, 04:54:49 am »

"Iz Regon, I dun really 'ave a title but i come frum a lil' shaman village in sa middle of da greenspirit forest, it saddins me dat it 'ad ta end up loik dis, 'opefully next time we meet, dere wont be any pointliss bludshed".

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 18, 2016, 05:22:16 am »

[Going to color-code the Knight so it's easier to read. Also Maegil, do come to Discord, if there's anything still bothering you, we can talk it out and find a solution or clear things out. :)]

"Well, Orc? Blood's been spilled. These dead men demands that their honor be avenged, them and their family. They were good men." Eddard nodded slightly with a hint of emotion through his pride at the dead men. "John. Served me well for ten years, father of two. His son recently joined the Militia. They do me proud." he gestured at the man with his back being roasted by liquid flames.

The Knight then gestured at the man laying face down by where the trike was, mowed down by gunfire. "Rolfe, used to work as the town's watch, I accepted him into my guards not long ago. Has a pregnant wife inside, Now I'll have to tell her that her husband died protecting them and that their child would grow up without a father. I'll take good care of them, though. I take good care of my people." The aged man looked older then, he let out a small sigh. "He was about to be a father, too. Ran through the town yelling like a lunatic when he knew. I gave his family a sheepbeast to celebrate."

"Hughes, son of Hugh. His father used to be a Guard before he retired, followed his footsteps. Started off young as a Militia, I took him out hunting once. He scared the beast we were hunting away!" The Knight let out a slight laugh, nostalgic at the memories as he looked at the man that's been mostly burnt, and is still burning on the ground.

"Payne, came to my estate as a pegan. He had nothing to offer but his good limbs and strong backs. He's an ugly son of a bitch but he's got a good heart, nobody would take him to work with them but I knew he's got strong sword arm. Never found a girl that fancied him but I'm glad I got to treat him to some supple flesh with the coins we made after his first campaign. I don't think he ever stopped thanking me each night for that, too." Eddard added, gesturing at a man in boiled leather laying on his back with a bullet wound in his head, his grey matter oozing slightly onto the grazz from where the bullet came out.

He then looks at another body, one which innards had been spilled from one bullets too many. "Gregory, old man's been the town's watch as long as I remembered. I wanted to promote him to Captain of the watch but he insisted that he wanted to serve by me instead. I invited his family to my manor not too long ago for the celebration of his grandson's coming of age, kid wanted to be a Watch like his grandfather but he insisted that the boy pick up a hoe instead. I've never seen such a young face with so much conflicted feelings before, it was quite a sight." The memories brought the aged man who seems to be older by the moment another dry chuckle.

"Webb and Wood." He said two names, gesturing at the bodies that got closest to where Danh was, but not nothing more than crisps. "Brothers, watched those kids grew up wanting to be a real soldier. Took them on their first campaign after they served as the town's watch for some years, good kids. Never let anything got between them, not even girls. Their mother would be proud of her brave little boys whom faced down a fire mage and did not take a step back as they were burned."

Then with a less.. nostalgic expression as he looked at the dead body of a man who had tackled Mako, he continues. "Chad. Nobody liked Chad.. Trouble maker and muscle with little brains.. he often couldn't speak or understand very well, and break things sometimes. I thought to put him to work and keep him out of trouble, at least here he'll be some use and won't cause so much trouble. I guess he won't be causing any more problems now."

The Knight took a moment to look longingly at his dead guards, before back at the Orc. "No, Orc. The next time we meet, the bloodshed won't be pointless."
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 05:24:50 am by vkiNm »

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 18, 2016, 05:35:31 am »

Regon looks back regretfully, trying to think of the right words, sadly words arent his strong point.
"If i waz a betta shaman i coulda saved more of ya, all i can do now is hope da spirits pass dem on to da next life, boff me an da spirits be sorry for ya loss, I'd prefa it ta gone any offer way."
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 201