Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159989 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1185 on: October 18, 2016, 07:36:07 am »

Reserti laughs, "I have enough arrows to play this game for many days on end, old man." Reserti widens his radius to 35m and fires a fragmentation arrow between the man's feet

((How has the knight not bled out yet? He has two arrows in him, one snapped at the shaft and would dig into him with every movement))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: October 18, 2016, 07:36:28 am »

Rest in peace Amadou. May your ancestors welcome you.

Join the rest of the group (wherever they are) and get ready for the assault.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: October 18, 2016, 07:38:12 am »

((Arrows are grand for stopping bleeding.))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: October 18, 2016, 07:40:05 am »

((They do rather conveniently plug the hole))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: October 18, 2016, 07:42:14 am »

The old Knight hops back to avoid the shot, though the fragment surprised him, most of it hits his shield and what didn't didn't really make it through his plate armor.

"Your kind are Obsolete, elf. Working under a human like the dog that you are is exactly where you belong, you couldn't even handle diplomatic talkings right!" He said up at the flying elf.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1190 on: October 18, 2016, 07:48:40 am »

Reserti recalls the blast radius of his grenade and looses another blunt arrow at full force intended to weaken the arm or break a bone.
"Feeling the strain, old man? If those arrows don't come out, you're going to end up dying. You know that as well as I."
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: October 18, 2016, 07:51:05 am »

(Where's Khaiden right now? I don't see anything in the (What do you call the descriptions of what's going on by vkiNm?))
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: October 18, 2016, 07:54:08 am »

((Khaiden is sitting around near the VTOL I think? Not sure.))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: October 18, 2016, 07:55:29 am »

The old man grunts once more, his shield angled to take the arrow and let most of the force slides along the surface instead of taking it right on.

"Then I'll die honorably, with a shield in one hand and a mace in another, protecting the men, women and children from the likes of you!" he replied

(Khaidren is at the VTOL still, having killed some people.)
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1194 on: October 18, 2016, 07:59:49 am »

"Men, women and children you can still live to protect if you lay down your weapons. If you want this to end, just kneel and I'll put one through your skull 'honorably'. It won't make a difference to me."
Reserti again recalls the blast radius of his grenade and looses another charged blunt.

((I find it amazing that this guy is parrying armor-piercing and blunt shots with half a kiteshield while wounded and still being stronk enough to wield a mace in the other hand))
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 08:01:21 am by Insanegame27 »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: October 18, 2016, 08:06:37 am »

Ratodx swears to the Mad God that this squad will be the death of him.

"Reserti sit your ass down. And your bird. You claim command and then fuck off on a vengeance scheme? Stop this fuckery, stop your engagement, and return to where the VTOL had previously landed."

"Captain, refrain from firing on the hostiles for a moment. Patch me through the VTOL's speaker system so they can hear me and do some fly bys around the village so they can see you and hear you, returning to hovering over the Gate at your leisure."

Ratodx then addresses his waiting audience. "People of this village. This has been a shit show from the beginning so you're dealing with me now. The flying vehicle you see is called a VTOL. What it did to your gate, it can and will do to everything and everyone in this village on my command. If I die, it has orders to kill you all. If you resist, it has orders to kill all resistors, anyone remotely related to them, all property they own, and anything they ever gave a shit about. You will lay down your arms and assemble by the now destoryed gate. If you do not, you will be considered resisting. If you attempt to destroy anything of potential value, you will be considered resisting. If you attempt to destroy any books or sources of knowledge, you will be considered resisting, and we will kill everyone else as well."

"Now that I have your attention. We represent Akras. Akras is your new ruler now. You will be told what Akras expects of you and what will get you killed under Akras rulership. There is an armored man whom I will speak with so that the new rulership will transition more easily for all of you. He will lay down his arms and remove his armor before holding his hands up in the air while he slowly leaves from the Gate and approaches us. If he does not, he will be considered resisting. You have my word that we will not kill you unless it become necessary, and any who harm you without my permission will be killed via the VTOL. End tranmission."

With Ratodx off of the speaker, he then addresses the squad. "Very specifically that includes you Reserti. Stop firing and get your ass down here. Until this shit show is over, I will be operating in command. If you have a problem with it, we'll deal with it when we get to base. We have a mission to complete first and I intend to not get anyone else the damn fucking killed."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1196 on: October 18, 2016, 08:10:08 am »

((When you speak of the 'armored man' are you referring to the knight Reserti has pinned? May wanna tweak yer post if that's the case))
Reserti relaxes the string and twirls the arrow back into the quiver. He continues circling the knight, "With all due respect, Ratodx, we tried peaceful diplomacy before and that didn't work. I don't seem to recall any elections being held for squad leader in Amadou's absence and he never appointed a second. I do have the knight who murdered Amadou pinned down and wounded, mortally so if he doesn't wisen up and get help."
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 08:16:31 am by Insanegame27 »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: October 18, 2016, 08:31:45 am »

"Blunty. This is not diplomacy, this is shut up or we'll kill you. After we've shown that we can in fact kill them at our leisure. The Knight is alive and though it would be easier if he was dead or heavily injured, someone healed him. So we are going to make use of him to make this job more profitable. And if he doesn't agree to that, we'll kill him so that Khaiden can bind his soul so that Akras can get some use out of him."

"In regards to leadership. Tell me what combat experience you have. Tell me what experience you have leading people and them not dying. Tell me what experience you have recovering from shit engagements and needing to keep your people not dead. Right now we need one person calling the shots until the situation is secure. Once it is, we can work out who has the more fucks to give. Until then, shut up and get your ass down here."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1198 on: October 18, 2016, 08:49:02 am »

"You speak of losing people as though it is possible to not lose someone. People die in war, Ratodx, all the time. I lost my two best friends and separated myself from my lover to be here so that later I may have a better life with her. Do not speak to me of loss, for it is a constant pull on my soul. My combat experiences include killing a group of bandits and having my best friend die in my arms in the aftermath of that engagement. His last words were hoping that it all worked out for me. When my other friend was shot by a lone bandit dwarf with a musket, I avenged him, and had a second loved one die in my arms. So do not speak to me of loss and combat, for I have had my fill. I fight not for profit for myself, but for the profit of my beloved. Something worth fighting for is the only reason you should fight. What drives you? Personal gain? I want as many people of ours alive at the end of the day."

((My kid brother woke up with nightmares JUST as I was getting to sleep. Figured I'd check the forums one more time and HOLYSHIT it's past midnight))

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: October 18, 2016, 09:02:29 am »

"Right now what motivates me is preventing more of our people from dying while making sure our Bosses don't decide to write us off as things that won't make them profit. You fight for a better life for someone you care about? Fine, then let people who know what they're doing do their jobs so you don't die you suicidal ass. You will get yourself killed if you don't get your ass down here and let the VTOL crew do their job without worrying having to provide you with support. You won't provide a better life for your love because you won't be around to give it to her."

"You think this is my first Derby? You think I haven't lost people and don't know what I'm doing? If you think Amadou's death wasn't preventable, then you have no idea what the equipment we've been provided can do and are unfit for command due to ignorance."
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 201