Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34

Author Topic: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.  (Read 34479 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.
« Reply #465 on: December 01, 2016, 09:12:34 pm »

Apologies. Edited
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 02, 2016, 04:31:33 am »

S34N1C, you still have one labour remaining, do would mind upgrading the farming tool or must I stop harvesting to do it?
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 02, 2016, 08:11:36 am »

What do I upgrade it with?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 02, 2016, 08:34:41 am »

An Yggdrasil branch? I'm hoping for it to harvest at least one more plot (from a +2 to a +3 bonus).

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 02, 2016, 09:32:53 am »

Elfa continues making her way to E7. She will investigate the unnamed feather using her smart ability. She's hoping to see if the feather and giant creatures are related, or rather, hoping to make sure they aren't. She continues researching Improved Foraging.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 03, 2016, 02:18:23 pm »

Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)

*Tip*
Soon it may be mandatory to always specify which tools you are using, and which abilities your character has that are relevant to your situation. You can avoid having this become mandatory by doing it voluntarily. The main reason for this is because I am worried that autonomous GM optimization of things like tool use are making you worse players. (It would also be a GM convenience)

Also, try to point out when I do not update your characters location when you move. So far I've caught that error when it would matter, but it increases update time when I need to look up your movement history.

Improving a tool counts as using the tool.

Turn 32
Upkeep: 7 food has been consumed.

Asker of Questions uses the farming tool to collect 3 waterleaf and 2 love berries. Research on Planks has been completed.

Easter Sunday uses a shovel to work on the pit trap, just barely being insufficient to bring it to size 4. Easter Sunday then moves to F6.

Beatrix Purnima creates a campfire on F7, and attempts to upgrade a farming tool using a Yggdrasil branch... If it has any effects they are not immediately obvious. Beatrix takes the research hint too literally, and suffers a research penalty this turn because the GM wanted you to be more creative.

Elfa moves to E7 and checks to see if she can find any correlation between the feather an the Kaiju. There is good news and bad news. The good news is that the feather isn't from the Kaiju. The bad news is that the feather IS from a gigantic creature.

The Kaiju also moves to E7. Being on the same tile as it gives you a better view; it has four legs, huge feet and a stubby tail. It also has a very large mouth, which it appears to be using to consume a large quantity of unnamed yellow plants.

Tal Questions moves to E5 and explores the tile. It is discovered that you cannot move to E4 from there.

Libra Questions harvests at F7 using a gathering tool to collect 2 love berries.

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At F7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At G6 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 05:46:16 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 03, 2016, 02:39:01 pm »

Test the improved farming tool by trying to harvest all six berry plots at F7. Tell Libra not to forget to eat her second ration.
Assist Beatrix with her research on our species.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 03, 2016, 03:46:50 pm »

Elfa should be on E7 not F7.
Easter Sunday uses all his labor to gather branches on F6, using the branch gathering tool. He continues researching improved foraging.

quantumMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 03, 2016, 04:21:45 pm »

Could you guys consider making more eggs, I really want to start playing.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 03, 2016, 04:26:23 pm »

Feed the campfire on F7 1 Glowroot. Use the campfire to cook 1 Prowly meat. Expand the patty field using 2 waterleaf and the farming tool. Research our species with Asker

We'll try, but the food requirements will be greater than we are capable of right now. Once more food is available, another litter will be layed.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 07:02:15 pm by S34N1C »

Glory to United Forenia!

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 03, 2016, 05:15:33 pm »

To the people waiting: who would you want to breed to get your character? (since some innate skills are influenced by parents)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 03, 2016, 05:21:52 pm »

To the people waiting: who would you want to breed to get your character? (since some innate skills are influenced by parents)
On that note, at the moment I am the only mature female. So I will probably be the mother of any children for the foreseeable future

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 03, 2016, 05:45:58 pm »

Feed the campfire on F7 1 Glowroot. Use the campfire to cook 1 Prowly meat. Research our species with Asker

We'll try, but the food requirements will be greater than we are capable of right now. Once more food is available, another litter will be layed.
You could use the farming tool to expand the paddy and harvest it.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 03, 2016, 06:14:15 pm »

I'll do that next turn. I'd like to see what cooking actually does. If more people want me to expand the patty, I will

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 03, 2016, 06:24:24 pm »

"At least one labor", so you're using all three for a basic BBQ? Anyway, you could wait for us to have an actual cooking pot (we have clay and can make bricks, but lack the pottery tech to shape the clay into containers before hardening them), and then try throwing some more ingredients into it.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34