Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34

Author Topic: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.  (Read 34484 times)

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.
« Reply #450 on: November 29, 2016, 05:32:25 am »

It seems someone forgot to collaborate with research, and instead is starting their own Improved Foraging research.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 29, 2016, 08:46:12 am »

It seems someone forgot to collaborate with research, and instead is starting their own Improved Foraging research.

Wasn't me. They were on different tiles.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 30, 2016, 08:57:58 am »

Investigate F6 using the smart ability. It seems I will need knowledge of herbology to get more information from the plants.
Go to whatever tile Easter Sunday travels to, and offer them the chance to collaborate with me (my research progress is higher).

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 30, 2016, 11:00:07 am »

Looks worth to join...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:02:45 am by KillerHP »
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 30, 2016, 05:30:25 pm »

There is information about joining the game on the first post if you are interested. I will warn you that there is a waitlist.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 01, 2016, 06:19:41 am »

Easter Sunday creates 2 simple strings out of the yellow plants. He uses his last labor point to create a shovel out of the Yggdrasil branch and the other unnamed branch. He collaborates with Elfa on research for improved foraging. He stays on E7.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #456 on: December 01, 2016, 09:13:37 am »

When will i be able to play? just curious

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 01, 2016, 09:41:38 am »

Either when the next batch of eggs hatch, or right now if you can get the GM to let you have one of the NPC children.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 01, 2016, 05:16:02 pm »

Unless you properly apply to join the game, you'll never get to play. The details are on the first post.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 01, 2016, 05:47:33 pm »

Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)

*Rule Update*
See the Research section on the first post for information on technology. In other words: Nice try.

*Tip*
Couldn't think of anything this time.

Turn 32
Upkeep: 7 food has been consumed.

Beatrix Purnima moves to F6 and uses a gathering tool to collect 3 Yggdrasil branches. Research completes on Green Thumb Prerequisite 1, giving you a hint towards what you would need to research to more efficiently research Green Thumb technologies. It seems that knowledge about your own species would be the base of this tech. (No change made to the Science tab. Not a GM error)

Asker of Questions consumes 1 additional food to restore 1 health. 2 Waterleafs have been used to improve the paddy field. Asker uses a farming tool to collect 2 waterleaf and 3 love berry. Research begins on Planks.

Elfa scouts F6, and finds evidence that Giant Monsters have been in this area in the past. Elfa attempts to move to E7, but is only able to make it to F7 with 1 movement.

Easter Sunday creates 2 simple strings out of unnamed yellow plants and one shovel. He remains on E7, but is unable to collaborate with Elfa because she is not on E7.

Tal Questions decides against exploring the cave, and instead uses 1 glowroot to upgrade the gathering tool: unnamed mushroom. The tool now produces light!

Libra forages at F6. Didn't find anything this time...

The Kaiju remains on its current tile...

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At F7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At G6 (click to show/hide)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 01, 2016, 06:23:48 pm »

Nervously eyeing the kaiju, keep harvesting the paddies and farms at F7 but be ready to run to F6 if it starts coming this way.
Continue researching planks.

Tell Elfa to be sensible and go back, why is she going anywhere near the kaiju? Ask her to upgrade the currently unused farming tool with an Yggdrasil branch.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:34:42 pm by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 01, 2016, 06:42:04 pm »

Easter Sunday uses all his labor to expand the pit trap (to size 4) on E7 with his shovel. He moves to F6 after working. He continues researching improved foraging.
((If me and Elfa both finish our research independently, will the result be different?))
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 11:31:57 am by vishdafish »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 01, 2016, 06:54:07 pm »

(Yes, you'll get two similar techs that might overlap. Two different researches into child care or masonry gave two different bonuses, but two on spiked shields just gave two different (and mutually exclusive) recipes for the same thing.

BTW, you can move to safety after working so you won't be standing right beside the kaiju, and return at the start of the next turn if you still have stuff to be done there.).
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:35:48 pm by Maegil »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 01, 2016, 07:10:54 pm »

Beatrix moves to F7 and creates a campfire with 2 Yggdrasil branches. She also modifies the farming tool with the remaining Yggdrasil branch. Research our species.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 08:42:57 am by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 01, 2016, 09:06:23 pm »

Beatrix moves to F7 and creates a campfire with 2 Yggdrasil branches. If she can, she cooks one Prowly meat. Research our species.

What did I tell you people about using things that you did not have access to at the beginning of the turn?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34