Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34

Author Topic: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.  (Read 34474 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.
« Reply #480 on: December 03, 2016, 07:00:51 pm »

When you put it like that, I guess there really isn't a reason to sink all 3 labor into it. Edit incoming
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 05, 2016, 04:51:34 pm »

Elfa uses the Natural Ability, Natural Cover, to stay hidden. She uses her smart ability to Investigate the Kaiju, ensuring it isn't aggressive, and the only danger is accidentally getting stepped on, unless bothered. She continues researching Advanced Foraging, cuz how much longer could it take?

quantumMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 05, 2016, 07:37:26 pm »

I would prefer to be the offspring of Asker of Questions and Beatrix Purnima, but I'm at least number two on the waiting list.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 05, 2016, 07:40:36 pm »

Considering the last batch produced 5 children, I assume we could get all of you in (not sure how many people are actually in the waitlist)
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 06, 2016, 07:34:49 pm »

Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)

*Tip*
I love how optimistically wrong you are.

Remember that just because you can do something does not mean it is a good idea.

Turn 32
Upkeep: 7 food has been consumed.

Asker of Questions confirms that the farming tool does NOT have an additional +1 labor modifier as he collects 5 love berries. Asker joins in on the research into "our species"

Easter Sunday uses the branch gathering tool to collect 1 Golden Branch and 2 Yggdrasil branches.

Beatrix Purnima cooks 1 Prowly meat at the campfire to create 1 Fragrant Meat. She also ranks up the paddy field to size 4. The farming tool does nothing to help expand the farm. Research continues on "our species".

Elfa decides to stay and investigate the Kaiju despite the fact that being accidentally stepped on would probably be quite fatal... Which fortunately doesn't happen this time. The Kaiju appears relatively calm, but it is unknown how it would react to your presence. It is learned that this Kaiju is likely to cause building damage, even if it is not hostile to you, and that it theoretically is possible to tame; but feeding it would be challenging to say the least.

The Kaiju gives you a practical demonstration of its destructiveness as it stomps on the Pit Trap dealing... Actually the Pitfall Trap is just a big hole so I guess it INCREASES its size to 4 and puts it well on its way to size 5. Needless to say, the trap isn't big enough to trap a Kaiju.

The unsupervised Tal Questions wanders off to D5 and collects 1 unnamed red rock.

Libra consumes 1 additional food to heal 1 health. She harvests the paddy field with a gathering tool as both farming tools are in use, gathering 2 waterleaf.

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At F7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At G6 (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 07, 2016, 03:54:26 am »

1 Unnamed Red Rock: A red colored stone. Functions as masonry. PLAYER NOTES: (D5. Could it be an iron ore?)
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 07, 2016, 12:08:51 pm »

Easter Sunday rations the fragrant meat. He stays on F6, using the golden branch and one of the bloody thorns to create some broadhead arrows (his crafting skill is used). He continues researching improved foraging.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 01:57:04 pm by vishdafish »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 07, 2016, 12:14:21 pm »

Leave the campfire abd harvest the farm and the patty field on F7 with the farming tool. Research our species with Asker

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 08, 2016, 04:32:36 am »

Asker eats the roasted meat before it attracts a yider, and congratulates Beatrix.

Harvest the fields at F7 with the unimproved farming tool, but leave one labour to improve the tool with the red rock.
Continue the research with Beatrix.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 08, 2016, 09:09:22 pm »

I'm sick of sending reminder pms all the time to post your action. I'm going to let this game rot for a while if a certain someone doesn't post their action.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 09, 2016, 06:51:08 am »

Elfa heads to F7. She uses deep thinking to continue her research.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 09, 2016, 06:30:38 pm »

Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)

Turn 33
Upkeep: 7 food has been consumed. The campfire goes out.

Easter Sunday crafts 6 Broadhead Arrows at F6 using Golden Wood and Bloody Thorns.

Beatrix Purnima harvests the paddy field to collect 4 waterleaf and 1 giant waterleaf.

Asker consumes the fragrant meat, and discovers that this item heals 1 health! Asker then harvests the field to collect 4 love berries, and upgrades the farming tool. The farming tool may now explode on impact! yay?

Elfa moves to G7 and finally completes her research topic!

Tal Questions moves to D6 and forages... nothing.

Libra Questions harvests the farm at F7 to collect 2 love berries.

The Kaiju moves to F7. It decides that the farmland would make a good snack, and not just the parts that your species eats. The farmland has been reduced to size 3! Thankfully nobody was hurt.

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At F7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At G6 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 07:35:16 pm by Supernerd »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 09, 2016, 07:08:47 pm »

((Was it intentional to change everything into yellow in the communal inventory?))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 09, 2016, 07:20:43 pm »

Easter Sunday fires a broadhead arrow at the Kaiju from F6, using his ranged weapon ability, before fleeing to E5 straight afterwards and using natural cover to hide. He continues researching improved foraging.

((Can I use stealth like that?))
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 08:05:21 pm by vishdafish »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 09, 2016, 07:36:09 pm »

There is at LEAST one reason why you cannot use stealth like that.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34