Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34

Author Topic: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.  (Read 34485 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.
« Reply #435 on: November 27, 2016, 05:23:27 pm »

Fuck me, ATTACK, not attract. Fucking hate my phone

Whatever, try to tame the Fluffit on F7 using one unnamed green berry. If unsuccessful, attack it. Command Libra to harvest the farm on F7. Research mining.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 05:29:30 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 27, 2016, 06:26:00 pm »

1 Unnamed Green Berry: (food) A green colored berry. PLAYER NOTES: (F7)
Rename the Green berries as Gripes (sic).

Harvest the paddy at F7 using the tool; when it's done ration the waterleafs and continue with the berry farm.
Eat an extra berry, and feed an extra one to Libra too. Tell her to keep up on double rations so she'll grow up properly.

Keep researching the saw.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 06:57:40 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 27, 2016, 06:26:26 pm »

Easter Sunday moves to E7 from F7 and checks the pit trap. He uses the rest of his labor to forage on E7. He researches improved foraging. He also eats an extra love berry. He wears the fluffit fur clothing.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 27, 2016, 06:50:29 pm »

Maegil, you can't harvest something and plant it on the same turn
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 27, 2016, 06:54:36 pm »

Right you are, thanks. Editing.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 28, 2016, 07:58:32 am »

Confirming we only have one mushroom gathering tool, and the only reason I used it was because Tal stopped using it, right?

I'll feel pretty dumb if we actually had two.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 28, 2016, 09:03:03 am »

Staying on tile F6.
Congratulate Tal on finding the cave, and ask him to forage for mushrooms with the gathering tool.
Investigate unknown mushroom using the smart ability.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 28, 2016, 07:42:55 pm »

Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)

*Call out!*
Hey lurkers! You still watching this game from the shadows? How about suggesting a name for the player race?

*Tip*

Turn 31
Upkeep: 7 food has been consumed. Its been a while since anyone starved, unless you count that one time that people starved several turns in a row a little while ago when the new civilians were born.

Beatrix Purnima ultimately ends up attacking the Fluffit, adding 1 Fluffit fluff and 1 Fluffit meat to your communal inventory. Its safe to assume that a fluffit isn't going to survive a proper attack from an Alpha member of your still unnamed species. Research on mining has finished.

Asker of Questions harvests the paddy field/farmland at F7 to collect 2 waterleaf and 3 love berries. Asker consumes 1 extra food to heal 1 health. Research on the saw has been completed.

Easter Sunday moves to E7 to check the pit trap. 3 Prowly Meat and 1 Prowly Bone have been collected from the trap. The pit trap cover has been destroyed in the process of catching it. Easter Sunday equips the Fluffit Fur Clothing.

Elfa uses the Smart ability to analyze an object, marking the first time that this ability has even been used and making the GM actually look up what the heck it even does. It is discovered that the unnamed mushrooms are likely to have good results if used in cooking!

Tal Questions uses the mushroom gathering tool to collect 1 Unnamed Mushroom and 1 Yggdrasil branch.

Libra consumes 1 additional love berry to heal 1 health, and obediently harvests the farmland at F7 to collect 3 love berries.

A gigantic creature has been sighted at D7! You can't get a good look at it from your current angle, but its easily 20 meters tall.

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At F7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At G6 (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 28, 2016, 08:04:10 pm »

Travel to F6 and use the Branch gathering tool to gather Yggdrasil branches.  Research Green Thumb prerequisite 1
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 09:38:26 pm by S34N1C »

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 28, 2016, 08:59:21 pm »

Shout to the people at F6 to scout into the cave using glowroots for light, to see if it can be used to hide from the giant beast, which we'll call the Kaiju.
Eat an extra berry - in the worst case I'll need as much life as I can possibly have. Tell Libra to go near the Yggdrasil (F6) to look for more mushrooms using a tool if it's free or just generally forage there if it's not, but to be ready to run into the cave after it's scouted if there's nothing dangerous there.

Unration and plant the waterleaves on the prepared paddy on F7. Harvest the paddy, then the field also using a farming tool.

Research about planks as a thinner building material than the timber, like the branches good enough for tools and thin constructions.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 09:27:24 pm by Maegil »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 28, 2016, 09:04:50 pm »

What should I research?

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 28, 2016, 09:24:10 pm »

Right now railgun artillery sounds like a wonderful idea...
Seriously then: try researching the "green thumb ability required tech 1". According to the GM green thumb is a level 3 research due to unresearched prerequisites, so hopefully he'll be nice and tell us what those are or just give them to us as the main research progresses...

BTW, can we plant the branches on a farm or must we plant the fruits/nuts and wait for the trees to grow? Can we harvast them directly from the trees or are they only obtainable when they fall by themselves?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 09:35:22 pm by Maegil »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 28, 2016, 09:37:37 pm »

Does it work like that? Just ask what it is?

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 28, 2016, 09:44:34 pm »

Frankly, dunno. There are 4X games in which you determine the target tech and it enqueues the prerequisites, so most of the research time is spent unlocking lesser techs, though.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 28, 2016, 09:46:35 pm »

*shrug* worth a shot, I suppose

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34