Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31

Author Topic: Rogue Trader (something grimdark): Character Creation/OOC  (Read 41473 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader (something grimdark): Character Creation/OOC
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2016, 09:19:02 pm »

We are currently missing a Rogue Trader and a Navigator, but that is FINE.

I think we also don't have an arch militant right?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2016, 09:20:43 pm »

We are currently missing a Rogue Trader and a Navigator, but that is FINE.

I think we also don't have an arch militant right?

You have a Kroot and some kind of horrific regenerating machine monster, you'll be fine until they eat you.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2016, 09:22:57 pm »

I kinda wanted to be the RT, but the spot was taken. I could always just take the character concept and switch classes :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2016, 09:27:07 pm »

I can't really keep not deciding so I think, with your permission Void, I'll pull the trigger on being a Transubstantial Initiate. I give up 3 BS and 3 WS in exchange I swap my list of various shit I can buy with exp at rank with one a totally different list of shit I can buy at rank one. It's from Into the Storm.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2016, 09:27:43 pm »

I was wondering if Cheesecake was still in, if you want to make a RT character Stirk we can settle this the old fashion way, duel to the death.  Or some kind of boring compromise.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2016, 09:32:40 pm »

I was wondering if Cheesecake was still in, if you want to make a RT character Stirk we can settle this the old fashion way, duel to the death.  Or some kind of boring compromise.

Cheescake would almost certainly lose, so a duel to the death wouldn't be any fair :P. I'm not doing anything tonight, so I'll throw up an RT sheet. If cheese is still in, he can keep his spot. If not, I'll take it :-P.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2016, 09:48:12 pm »

I do happen to be in possession in a Rogue Trader rule-book, though I've never played it. I suppose I could try my hand at creating and playing some guns-blazing character today and tomorrow?
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2016, 10:08:16 pm »

So then, we've go no arch militant but maybe that's okay, looking for a navigator, and I guess rogue trader or missionary is sorta up in the air?

Even with kroot would it still be a good to have an arch militant if someone signed up as such? 

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2016, 10:23:50 pm »

I'm thinking about playing an Arch Militant, seeing as it looks more straight-forward in general compared to the other career paths. Which characteristics should I be focusing on for an Arch Militant?
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2016, 10:41:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Backup done~. I was thinking of taking him into a beast master type character (Faith and Coin advance). For more near-future, probably getting his hands on some Manstopper bullets will be first priority, then a motion detector, then a second autopistol with this two things to make me suitably OP :P.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 10:43:56 pm by Stirk »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2016, 11:17:56 pm »

Tiruin doesn't have access to internet right now, but has asked me to post for her that she's going to be making a character soonish.

She's not totally sure what she wants to play as. But was thinking something supporty or healy? Or maybe shooty. I'm not sure what would be appropriate for her.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 11:25:21 pm by Criptfeind »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2016, 11:31:32 pm »

A navigator can be pretty support/skill/lore focused with the right traits and an arch militant is basically the best of the best warriors, guns swords whatever.  Arch Militants should focus on weapon skill or ballistics skill or both and whatever will allow them the edge in combat, agility is common to dodge.

I am going to pull all the characters together and look at what we have so far tomorrow evening, main thing right now is finishing your character sheets and getting a plurality on a hull type.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 11:38:08 pm by VoidSlayer »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2016, 02:24:09 am »

A navigator can be pretty support/skill/lore focused with the right traits and an arch militant is basically the best of the best warriors, guns swords whatever.  Arch Militants should focus on weapon skill or ballistics skill or both and whatever will allow them the edge in combat, agility is common to dodge.

I am going to pull all the characters together and look at what we have so far tomorrow evening, main thing right now is finishing your character sheets and getting a plurality on a hull type.
Cript is helping me by showing the details around ._. I'll try to get a sheet or a draft or a skeleton idea out over the weekend! Thanks for the help though :3 (Still stuck at either Navigator or Arch Militant--but it seems someone else already picked the latter!)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2016, 03:19:42 am »

I'm new to this, if there's anything left... any recommendations for each?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2016, 04:27:36 am »

Well we are apparently sitll missing a navigator Black Heart.

Navigators are whats on the tin. BUT they are also sanctioned (and sometimes) revered mutants with a third eye. That third eye has a ton of abilities. most notably you can open it and stare at some one literally setting them on fire and burning their soul to cinders by looking at them they also suffer from horrible inbreeding butDEATHSTARE fixes everything. Also you are responsible if we get stranded in the warp and eaten horrifically by demons.
Also also you are the first to die in such a case since you are literally sitting on a tower on top of the ship exposed to the warp...have fun.

Otherwise  going by your name you might want to play a Dark Elf. I have the rules for them lying about if you need them. How they function is beyond me since i didnt really give a shit about them but yeah might be your thing. What i can see you can play standard, then the 40k equivalent to witch elves, then some Incuby, Homunculi and something i forgot.

Apart from that we need Arch-Militant. big guy, lotsa guns, enough said.

Also available might be Tau. I dont remember if they are canon rules, again i can give them to you if you need them.

And Orks in the variety of Ork Psyker and Ork Mercenary...and i think Ork Flashgit.

Or you play another Kroot. Bird people who eat people and then become more badass because of it.

depending on what Voidslayer allows i also have homebrew rules for mutants, beastmen, ratlings, ogryns, Stryxis and a dozen other kinds of abhumans and xenos.

EDIT: If you are allowed and willing to play Tau: CRISIS SUITS
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31