Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Nobody Likes the Lackeys - Chapter 2: Drive My Meatcar (Beep'm beep beep yeah!)  (Read 8379 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody Likes the Lackeys: A Twisted Kingdom of Loathing RTD
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 06:29:54 pm »

My character is finished.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 07:10:59 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 09:48:29 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 10:19:20 pm »

Well. Looks like we have 6. Since I wanna get this show on the road, anyone who doesn't have a character up right now is going on the waitlist for now.

That means we have:

Busy Hernan, the shiniest Disco Bandit this side of Shiny Bandit Grove (Harry Baldman)
Dyler Turden, leader of the <REDACTED> and, armed with his trusty <REDACTED>, <REDACTED> extraordinaire! (Tomasque)
Kobosh The Professor, the former Sauce Professor and now full-time Accordion Thief! (lawastooshort)
Terry Pin, the owner of many turtles that aren't actually turtles and are more likely small rodents, and professional Turtle Tamer! (Dylanamite)
Corleoni Spice-a-roni, the spiciest Sauceror, coming straight out of the Flavourtown mafia. (Pancaek)
Tor Tiss the Turtle Tamer that's slightly more Turtle than Tamer! (Beirus)

Opening coming tomorrow morning!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2016, 09:54:51 am »

Meanwhile, on a bus travelling deep into the heart of Loathing...

6 of the most peculiar adventurers in the kingdom (an impressive title, considering many of the shops downtown are run by skeletons and people without limbs) are staring each other down.

Terry Pin, quite obviously a Turtle Tamer, stares intently at Busy Hernan's afro, trying to decide how difficult it would be to convince the Disco Bandit's hairy turtle friend to become his own hairy turtle friend.

Tor Tiss, another quite obvious Turtle Tamer, stares intently at Terry Pin, thinking about how much more comfortable he would be feeling in that giant turtle shell.

Corleoni Spice-a-roni stares intently at Tor Tiss, suddenly struck with brand new ideas for a Turtle-Based sauce. It could be a brand new revelation amongst the Sauceror community!

Kobosh The Professor stares intently at Corleoni, doubtful that the fiery sauce-man possesses an accordion for him to steal, but still desperate to fulfill his Accordion Thief-ing desires.

Dyler Turden stares intently at Kobosh, wishing he would stop the incessant polka-ing that has been going on since the beginning of the bus ride and getting closer and closer to <REDACTED> the damn thing just to get some peace and quiet.

Busy Hernan stares intently out the window to avoid setting fire to anybody with his shiny mask.

Suddenly, the bus screeches to a halt. Everyone looks out the windows, spotting a dark, spooky, and slightly sleazy-looking castle just ahead. They also spot a small crew of bugbears charging towards the bus!

Everyone looks towards the bus driver. The bus driver looks towards everyone and shrugs. He opens the door and points out of it. Looks like he either wants everyone to fight them, or just get off the bus because that's as far as their bus passes will let them go. Either way, those bugbears don't look like they're the welcoming committee.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody Likes the Lackeys - Chapter 1: Not The Welcoming Committee
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2016, 12:03:54 pm »

I'll attempt to use diplomacy on the bugbears.

"Hey there! You want to join the <REDACTED>, don't you? Well, we're accepting new members!"
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2016, 12:34:03 pm »

"I'll handle this. Evening, good fellows. My name is Gre- er Professor Kobosh... Ah, say, crikey - is that a fish in yon tree behind you?"

Having diverted them, jog back to the bus and rifle under every seat to check there's no loot left behind. After that move behind the bugbears with the intention of a flank attack next turn. Or the turn after that if they look very deadly.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2016, 03:58:15 pm »

Try to find a turtle to tame in the bus before the bugbear reach us. If hostile bugbears reach us, smash them with my turtle totem.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 05:05:18 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2016, 04:14:02 pm »

"We can try to understand the bugbear time's effect on man," Hernan starts to say. "Or maybe we'll just slide down the surface of things."

Climb on the roof of the bus! It's either high ground or a precious opportunity for some surfing, and either would be not too bad at this point.

dylanamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2016, 04:26:28 pm »

I'm going to stay on the bus and guard the door. It'll be easier to defend if it's the only point of entry.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2016, 04:59:23 pm »

"Hey! This doesn't look like flavourtwon at all!"

Get on top of the bus with Busy Hernan. Stir my spicy sause as I'm watching Dyler and Kobosh attempt diplomacy on the bugbears.

If the Bugbears get violent towards those two, fling a  salsaball at them.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2016, 08:52:52 pm »

Meanwhile, amongst some mildly perturbed bugbears...

The first one to start moving is Dyler Turden, stepping towards the gang of bugbears.

"Hey there! You want to join the <REDACTED>, don't you? Well, we're accepting new members!"

...The group all stop in their tracks, most of them raising eyebrows and snickering to themselves. However, the second one's incoherent chatter seems more curious than dismissive. He seems convinced, somewhat, that he wants to be in the <REDACTED>, no, he NEEDS to be in it, despite never having seen a seal nor owned a club. He does seem to think the rest of the group may be seals, though, and is now looking around for a decent club to club them with. At least he'll be busy doing something else.

The next to leap into action is Kobosh the Professor, attempting the classic "Fish in the Tree" move, the oldest trick in the book!

"I'll handle this. Evening, good fellows. My name is Gre- er Professor Kobosh... Ah, say, crikey - is that a fish in yon tree behind you?"

...Thanks to Dyler's (literally) laughable attempt at diplomacy, most of the bugbears aren't really paying attention to the professor's tree-fish stories. However, one particularly vigilant bugbear at the front of the pack can't help but turn around to check, just to be sure. A fish in a tree? How hilarious would that be???

...Once it becomes apparent that most of the enemies don't believe in fish, trees, or fish in trees, Kobosh realized he may have left something on the bus. Or someone had left something on the bus. At some point in their lives. And if he wasn't going to take advantage of that, who would? He climbs back aboard the bus, the bus driver gesturing wildly for him to get off and actually fight, or to get off because he hasn't paid the fair or...look, it's hard to understand mute people who don't know sign language. Sticking his head under one of the seats in the back, he's surprised to find a brand new accordion! Well, brand new is hardly true. It’s covered in stickers of half-naked orc babes, more than a few pictures of cartoon characters peeing on things, and...what he REALLY hope are beer stains. Looks like a frat boy left this behind.
Gained Beer-Battered Accordion - +1 when used against stench, hot, or drunk enemies. Also makes you feel disgusted with yourself for using it.

...Newfound accordion in hand, Kobosh charges back out of the bus, bus driver looking on still somewhat concerned, and dives into a bush just to the west of the pack, completely out of sight of everyone! What luck!

Just then, Tor Tiss leaps into action!

...By "action" of course, I, the narrator, mean bushes. He pokes his head out from the top of the bush, head glistening in the sunlight. Across the way, he spots the bushes rustling and curses himself for not jumping into the bushes that possibly-maybe-likely had a possible turtle to tame! If only he could make his way over there!

Feeling left out, Busy Hernan literally jumps into the fray!

...Missing the wind in his bushy hair and the sun glinting off his clothes, Hernan decides to scale the bus. The bus driver is less than pleased, but at this point he appears more like he's merely given up on trying to keep people off his bus. Hernan on the other hand, makes decent headway climbing to the roof. He assumes the surfer position and gazes down onto the arrangement of people and creatures below. It reminds him of a penis. Heh.

...Terry Pin flies into bat-oh wait no he just tripped on the steps leading up the bus.

...Carleoni Spice-a-roni bravely ent-wait nope he just tripped over Terry and knocked a couple teeth out on his shell. Ouch.

Bugbear 1 looks around wildly for the tree fish, to no avail. He seems disappointed.

Bugbear 2 is still looking for his clubbing club and...find a MASSIVE STICK hidden in a bush, and hefts it over his head, only for it to crash down on top of him.
Gained MASSIVE STICK - Gives a +1 to all attacks...but requires a 5 or 6 on attack roll to lift it.

Bugbear 3 tries to bite Dyler Turden and...stumbles at the last minute, only managing to take a bite out of the ground.

Bugbear 4 attempts to simultaneously bear-hug and tear-up Tor Tiss and...really just succeeds in giving him a nice, warm hug.

Bugbear 5 charges straight at Dyler Turden...catching him off-guard! The bugbear picks up the Seal Clubber and pins him agains the front of the bus, shattering both of the headlights and putting a similar shatter into several of Dyler's bones!

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2016, 09:15:34 pm »

Smash the hugbear with my turtle totem to make it let go, then go check that other bush for turtles.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2016, 09:52:52 pm »

Activate Seal-Clubbin' Frenzy, and headbutt the bugbear in the arms. If he drops the club pick it up and hit him with it! (Or run if I can't).

"<EXPLITIVE><EXPLITIVE><REDACTED>!"
Money!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2016, 10:13:01 pm »

Descend like a disco ninja behind yon bugbears attacking Dyler and deliver unto one of them (the one most immediately dangerous to my redacted bro) a Suckerpunch.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:17:30 pm by Harry Baldman »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2016, 10:16:30 pm »

Activate Seal-Clubbin' Frenzy, and headbutt the bugbear in the arms. If he drops the club pick it up and hit him with it! (Or run if I can't).

"<EXPLITIVE><EXPLITIVE><REDACTED>!"

(You're between a non-club-wielding bugbear and a bus right now, just so u know)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7