Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Nobody Likes the Lackeys - Chapter 2: Drive My Meatcar (Beep'm beep beep yeah!)  (Read 8378 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody Likes the Lackeys - Chapter 1: Not The Welcoming Committee
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2016, 12:04:44 am »

Oops. I thought he picked up the club. Instead of headbutting, I'll whack him with the club (and go into the Frenzy first).
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2016, 01:01:01 am »

"Mmhmm..."

Leap out of the bush quietly, clear my throat, and launch a Sneak Flank attack right behind the enemy, directing a Sing at the centre of the group. Accompany this on my new accordion. Improvise a generally wistful yet happy song on the theme of When Folks Believed In Treefish.

dylanamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2016, 02:38:35 am »

"Okay maybe this whole thing was a bad idea..."

I'm gonna make my way back out the bus (taking extra care when descending the steps, and try to join the battle by Turtle Toteming a nearby bugbear

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2016, 01:14:18 pm »

"you bugbears attacked me by proxy! This means war! Like uncle pablo used to say, 'pasta o plombo, puta!'"

Throw (cast) a salsaball at one of the bugbears! If any of them come close, deflect with my trusty saucepan and whack them in  the face!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2016, 11:08:42 pm »

Turn coming tomorrow morning, guys!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2016, 02:37:23 pm »

Meanwhile, amongst some slightly-more-than-perturbed bugbears and the heroes who refuse to fight them...

The heroes decide to actually fight them!

...Tor Tiss quickly realizes being aggressively hugged isn't his thing. Kinda creepy, actually. It's alarming how much bugbears sweat for something with so much fur. Unfortunately, all he can do is struggle a little, unable to leave the beast's grasp! Bugbear 4 notices Tor's struggles and...realizes his claws we retracted this whole time! "How silly of me," it thinks as its claws rip into Tor's back! He's even less comfortable with the hug now!

...Dyler Turden also realizes he doesn't like being kept in one spot, especially not if that spot is between an angry Bugbear 5 and a bus! Reaching into his pocket, he grabs a small stuffed seal. The bugbear is intrigued for a moment, and watches in horror as Dyler squeezes it so hard the head pops off, flying off into the sky!

Filled with new-found rage, Dyler shoves the bugbear away from him and the bus. He breathes heavily, as the camera circles the two of them, Tor Tiss still in pain in the background.

Just then, Dyler sprints forwards, winding up with his <REDACTED>. His first swing sends on of the Bugbear's arms flying off to the East. His second send a leg out to the West. Finally, he winds up for a third and final swing.

"<EXPLITIVE><EXPLITIVE><REDACTED>!"

The bugbear's detached head goes sailing through the air, everyone's eyes following it as it crashes through a large stained-glass window above the entrance to the spooky castle. The head/arm/legless remains of Bugbear 5 fall to the ground with a THUD. The bugbears look significantly less confident.

...Watching as Dyler proves just how well he can handle himself, Busy Hernan decides to jump somewhere else. Taking a running jump, he leaps off the edge of the bus towards Bugbear 4!

...Fist outstretched, Hernan delivers a devastating blow to the Bugbear's side, knocking him off of Tor Tiss and onto the ground! As it gets back up, it's clear something's ruptured inside of Bugbear 4. It staggers around a bit, almost falling over Bugbears 2 and 3...

...Which is exactly what Kobosh had planned! Whipping out his new accordion, he dives straight into a rendition of "When Folks Believed in Treefish" directed at Bugbears 2-4!

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I remember the days
The old days of yore
I remember them like yesterdaaaaaaay
These days just like this
Could return, how I wish
When Folks Believed in Treefiiiiiiish

Treeefiiiiish
Treeefiiiiish
The fish that lives in a treeeee
Treeefiiiiish
Treeefiiiiish
Oh how I wish he was meeeeee"

The final note of the song arrives so unexpectedly high to the trio of bugbears paying attention that two of them explode right on the spot, leaving only a red mist and a extremely pained and red Bugbear 4 writhing on the ground between where they once stood.

Kobosh is sad that they didn't stick around past the first chorus.

...Terry Pin attempts to get back in the action! Or, he would if there wasn't a large Italian man lying on his shell. Looking around, he gestures to the bus driver to help him out.

...But the bus driver is done with all this shit! He starts up the bus again and starts reversing! Corleoni manages to leap off  at the last moment, but Terry isn't too lucky, and tumbles out of the quickly-reversing bus, his leg getting run over in the process!

...On the other hand, Corleoni Spice-a-roni is sick and tired of that bus, and says good riddance. Turning to the writhing Bugbear 4, he pulls out his saucepan and uses it to catapult a scalding-hot blob of salsa.

"You bugbears attacked me by proxy! This means war! Like Uncle Pablo used to say, 'Pasta o Plombo, Puta!'"

It lands with a satisfying PLOP, right on top of the bugbear's head. Just then, its head begins melting! It's...actually kinda disgusting. Everyone turns away until they're sure it's all over, and give a moment of silence for all that the poor bugbear has gone through.

SUDDENLY, BUGBEAR 1 LEAPS INTO ACTION TO AVENGE HIS FALLEN COMRADES! He runs over to...Tor Tiss!

...But Tor ducks at just the right moment, the bugbear sailing harmlessly over him!

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

dylanamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2016, 03:06:19 pm »

"Right. That's it. I've had enough."

I'm feeling pretty shell-shocked after everything that's happened.

I stay where I am on the ground after having an entire bus drive over my legs. I try to block out the sounds of battle as my mind becomes filled with thoughts of turtles...

I picture myself laying on a beach somewhere warm. There are turtles everywhere. Small turtles and large turtles. Turtles in the sea and turtles on the sand. "Yo Terry!" I hear someone shout. It's one of my turtle friends, Donatello. He's heading towards me with his three friends. They're carrying a huge silver platter overflowing with lettuce and grapes. "This is surely heaven," I think to myself as Michelangelo feeds me grape after grape. Raphael takes a large lettuce leaf and begins to fan, providing a cool breeze against the midday sun.

"Aaaah, this is the life."

I use Patience of the Tortoise.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2016, 03:46:05 pm »

In my rage, everything looks like a seal! That thing over there! A seal! That thing backing away! A Bigger seal! ARGHHHH!

Pick up Bugbear 1 and slam him against the bus.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2016, 03:50:57 pm »

Smash Bugbear 1 with my turtle Totem! Or if it's dead, use Patience of the Tortoise and go find a turtle to tame.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2016, 04:01:33 pm »

"This is my saucepan, there are many like it, but this one is mine! Feel it's rage, tempered in a thousand hot sauces!"

Also gang up on bugbear 1. Hit it with the saucepan, repeatedly!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2016, 04:49:14 pm »

"Well. Somewhat rude of them."

Play a soothing accordion instrumental to Terry Pin to assuage his pain, and perhaps heal together his bones.

"Do you have an accordion, Mr Pin? Or a will?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2016, 05:55:32 am »

Busy Hernan turns to the bugbear with a serious look.

How deep is your love?

As the bugbear is dogpiled, cause him to reflect on where exactly his life took such a dangerous turn as I stare at him from beyond my sequined mask.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2016, 09:16:09 am »

Chapter wrap up coming tonight!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody Likes the Lackeys - Chapter 1.5: Can't Stop Won't Stop (My Bus)
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2016, 04:11:20 pm »

Meanwhile, amongst a disturbing amount of bugbear corpses...

A single bugbear lies in the dirt. It would cry if it had tear ducts. Or was sad.

Across the battlefield...Terry Pin tends to his wounds in the only way he knows how: meditating on the thought of muscular anthropomorphic turtles feeding him grapes on a beach. Miraculously, such thoughts manage to completely heal his leg! Not only that, but any emotional scars from having his leg run over by a bus are also gone! Phew, what a relief!

...Dyler Turden, on the other hand, started things and feels an overwhelming desire to finish them! Even MORE of an overwhelming desire than that to stop feeling pain from the numerous broken ribs. It's that overwhelming.

And it's that overwhelming desire that sending him towards  the remaining bugbear! It's that overwhelming desire that makes him truly believe that Bugbear 1 is just another seal needing to be clubbed! BUT WAIT! There's an even bigger seal running off in the distance! It's almost the size of the bus he was just on! Turden's overwhelming desire for seals takes over, changing course and running off towards the huge rolling seal.

The bus driver feels relieved that the maniacs that were on his bus are off doing other things. He sighs, puts on some music, and looks in his rearview mirror...

To see one of those very maniacs running after him.

'What the fuck' he thinks to himself, turning the bus around to face the obviously rabid guy attempting to dent his bus EVEN MORE.

Tor Tiss is hurtin'. Bad. But hey, violence always comes first right?

...Unfortunately, hurtin' doesn't really take kindly to motor functions, and Tor only manages to poke the bugbear with his Turtle Totem a little bit, not really doing any kind of damage.

"You win this time, hurtin'."

...Tor decides to copy his yonder Turtle-Taming brethren, by going to his turtle-y place in meditation.

Unfortunately, said turtle-y place seems...remarkably barren. Not a turtle in sight. There's a lot of thunder and rain though. So that's fun.

A surprise bolt of lightning jolts Tor out of his meditation, sending him tumbling backwards down a previously-unseen-and-unmentioned hill, hitting several bumps along the way and not really making his wounds any better. As he rolls to a stop about 20 feet below the plateau everyone else stands on, he decides that now is as good of a time as ever to look for a turtle buddy.

Nope. Nothing he can see without getting up. And getting up definitely hurts.

Corleoni Spice-a-roni wants to ride the success of his last attack by taking out Bugbear 1 once and for all!

...Hitting it a few times with a saucepan should do it.

"This is my saucepan! There are many like it, but this one is mine! Feel its rage, tempered in a thousand hot sauces!"

As the bugbear gets up and attempts to brush itself off, Corleoni winds up with a golf swing, swinging his saucepan and sending it to the ground once more. It's bruised, but not much more. It'll take a lot more than a solid whack to take him out.

"Well. Somewhat rude of them."

Kobosh the Professor decides he's had enough of people not appreciating his music. Maybe one of his fellow adventurers would fare better...

...He walks over to the meditating Terry Pin, still making small talk to imaginary turtle hunks. Sure the man we seems the most healthy could benefit the most from healing, right? As he walks up, he pulls out his old accordion and plays a few opening notes. Unfortunately, it's both not enough to jolt Terry out of his trance, and just enough to cause something to malfunction in the old thing. It's kaput. Very kaput.

"Hm. Oh well. Do you have an accordion, Mr Pin? Or a will?"

Thankfully before he can do any more damage, Kobosh realized that Terry doesn't...actually have any wounds. Huh. Whaddya know.

Busy Hernan leans against a tree. A lot's happened in the last...oh, 5 minutes or so. A few weird creatures died. A lot of people fell over. He climbed a bus, and jumped off of said bus. Some dude sang so badly heads literally exploded.

And yet...there was still one angry dude left. And Hernan had one question for Bugbear 1.

"How deep is your love?"

...Hernan stares down the last remaining threat to the poorly-cobbled together group one might call a 'team'. Might. He attempts to subconsciously ask where it all went wrong. All that he manages to do, however, is look at just the right angle for a frankly excessive amount of sunlight to reflect off his mask and light the last bugbear up faster than September by Earth Wind and Fire lights up a dance floor.

Hernan is taken aback for a moment, surprised that his subconscious assault managed to do THAT much damage. He watches as the bugbear burned, and soon it was all over. Finally.

A voice rings out from the window through which Bugbear 5's head had flown.

"WHO THE FUCK DID THIS?!"

A tall woman dressed in purple robes (although you could hardly call them robes), shows up in the window.

"Really? You guys? God dammit, are you the adventurers I sent for? Fucking hell, that was the welcoming committee you DUMBASSES."

Before anyone can respond to who they can only assume to be their future employer, a loud honk comes from behind them. Dyler Turden leaps out of the way of the giant seal bus as it careens towards the castle. The bus driver inside gives everyone the finger as he performs a perfect J-Turn and skids to a halt in front of the castle doors.

"You too? You asshole, park your bus somewhere else, I'm trying to deal with these fucks."

The bus driver steps out of his bus and flips her off too.

"Wow, okay. Hey adventurer douches, kill that guy and I'll forgive you for killing my other new recruits."

The bus driver scowls, and goes back into the bus. He opens up the glove box and takes out an ALARMING amount of firepower, including a few sticks of dynamite. He exits carrying his new weapons and a bottle of beer, taking a swig and pointing one of his revolvers at the group.

Looks like he's given up on the rest of his route.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 09:12:42 am by Greenstarfanatic »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody Likes the Lackeys - Chapter 1.5: Can't Stop Won't Stop (My Bus)
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2016, 06:01:30 pm »

Grab some bugbear seal hide, and use it to bandage myself.
Money!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7