Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Nobody Likes the Lackeys - Chapter 2: Drive My Meatcar (Beep'm beep beep yeah!)  (Read 8374 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody Likes the Lackeys - Chapter 1.5: Can't Stop Won't Stop (My Bus)
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2016, 06:39:10 pm »

Rest for a bit until there is less hurtin'. Maybe a turtle will come to me.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2016, 08:10:58 am »

OH, also, I should note a few thing I forgot.

If I put an item in italics in your inventory, that means you can hover over it for a description. Same with most of the ...s in the turn, you can see your rolls.

Additionally, I forgot to mention but the MASSIVE STICK is now just on the ground.

Lastly, I've decided that I'm gonna allow custom classes, a la RTDPC.

Spoiler: Class Sheet (click to show/hide)

You can make up your own skills, I'll probably just interpret them in my own way. Skills, remember that Green Skills Are Passive and Purple Skills Are Active. The picture is just a placeholder so...yeah. If anyone wants to make a class, knock yourself out. Then wake yourself back up and go for it.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2016, 09:15:07 am »

Busy Hernan turns toward the bus as he starts to shuffle.

"So you've come a long way, huh!"

He sidesteps rhythmically.

"But you'll never have me!"

He brings his fists forward together.

"Never have... things... for a normal life!"

From the amazingly spacious sleeves of his very stolen thrift shop plunging V-neck a disco ball emerges with menacing serendipity. He lifts it above his head.

"It's time... for Busy Hernan!"

Disco Ball pirouette of doom!

"CAN'T GET ENOUGH!"
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 10:23:26 am by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2016, 09:33:38 am »

Cast sauce contemplation for now.

dylanamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2016, 09:49:24 am »

There's one thing in this world that Terry Pin loves almost as much as turtles. Something that also has a hard outer casing. Something that also has a long neck. Something that also tastes just as good.... A bottle of beer.

Steal the bus drivers beer and drink it all. Then smash the empty bottle on his head.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2016, 10:10:50 am »

"Sirs. Wait! Mr driver - do you have an accordion you'd consider selling? And if so where is it?"

Interrogate man. Hope the gang don't kill him before he reveals where the loot is. Accompany interrogation with menacing accordion solo waltz.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2016, 01:09:43 pm »

Meanwhile, in front of a bus and it's obviously-sick-of-this-shit driver...

The big guns have been brought out, literally!

...Dyler Turden is sick of having broken ribs, a very internal injury with no real external wounds. The solution? Why, patching it up with bugbear seal hide, of course! Unfortunately, bugbear hide is extremely difficult to remove from the body, so he just takes the Bugbear-hide pants Bugbear 1 was wearing instead. As he puts them on, he feels much better, almost as if his new pants managed to heal all of his wounds! Wow!

Gained Bugbear Bung-guard: Makes you feel a bit sturdier! Sure, it's itchy and feels like a jockstrap made of shag carpeting, but it's sturdy!

...Tor Tiss is still hurtin', but resting usually helps with hurtin'. At least emotional hurtin'. Unfortunately, pretty much all the hurtin' he's feeling is physical.

Fortunately, after having a 90-second power-nap, he actually feels a lot better! His wounds have sealed up somewhat, and most of the bruises are gone! He almost jumps up to celebrate, before noticing a small pair of eyes looking up at him from his belly. Reaching out to touch the new friend, he notices that the turtle's shell is covered entirely in fur! Or...hair? Grass? It's not quite clear, but it's definitely fuzzy. And might make a nice new hat.

Ready to join the battle again, Tor carefully puts his new friend, whom he has yet to give a name to, on his head and climbs back up the cliff to see a brand new scene unfolding before him. A bus? Crazy.

Gained Fuzzy Green Turtle: It's a turtle with...moss? Pine needles? Fungi? Whatever, SOMETHING is growing on its shell, and it's pretty damn cool.

...Busy Hernan starts feeling the rhythm of the fight. It's kind of, like, a solid groove, yknow? Really gets you into a jumping mood, you know what I mean by a jumping mood? Either way, he just can't miss.

And miss, he does not! Hernan channels his inner funk-lord, taking a jump, a leap, a bound towards...the bus itself! A final jump, combined with a perfect toe-spin sends the Disco Bandit twirling into a roundhouse kick. His heel connects with the windshield of the bus, causing the entire pane of glass to shatter inwards and send the bus lurching slightly backwards. The back wheels thunk down off the ledge of the plateau. The bus driver scowls more, but looks back at his closest actual threat:

Terry Pin, feeling invigorated and ready to fight drink, leaping into action!

...Or perhaps inaction is more appropriate. Terry, not exactly being the stealthy sort, charges towards the bus driver yelling. It's even less effective since he was staring at Terry from the start. He manages to duke Terry's charge, matador-style, only for the determined turtle tamer to leap up and attempt to punch him in the head anyway!

...Only to whiff and barely skim the top of the guy's hat. Terry goes tumbling to the ground once more, defeated by....well, himself. The driver, on the other hand, gets an idea!

...After aggressively chugging his beer, the bus driver smashes it over the grounded Terry's head! Ouch.

Bus Driver gains Broken Beer Bottle - It's not a knife, but it sure hurts like one.

Corleoni Spice-aroni steps back for a moment. A lot of stuff just happened. He's confused. Scared. Mildly toothless. He sits down for a minute to contemplate his own existence. Why is he fighting? What is his purpose? If he were a sauce, what exactly WOULD he be?

...Going into a deep contemplative sauce trance, Corleoni focuses SO hard on the sauces of his past, present, and future, the sauces of the world, of time itself. When he awakes, he feels much more in-tune with these sauces, but not exactly too saucy himself. Looking up, he watches as a single drop of marinara falls from the sky, splattering on the ground in front of him. He cries, but only a single tear.

"Sirs. Wait! Mr driver - do you have an accordion you'd consider selling? And if so where is it?"

Kobosh the Professor, being a accordion-obsessed man that he is, never passes on an opportunity to potentially gain more accordions.

...The bus driver flips Kobosh off. Which is extremely impressive considering he's holding a revolver in both hands.

...However, that changes very quickly once Kobosh begins playing his dreaded 'Waltz du Je Ne Parle Pas Français'. The resulting chord progression and excessive force emitted by the Sleazy accordion blows the bus driver's left arm clean off! He looks surprised for the first time since they met him. And a bit panicked.

The Bus Driver, having dealt with one of his attackers, decides to point his remaining revolver at the guy who just BLEW HIS FUCKING ARM OFF.

Unfortunately, having only one arm isn't too great for recoil, and his shot goes wild, taking a chunk out of the dirt next to Kobosh.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2016, 02:04:41 pm »

Pick up the club and get back to smashing the giant yellow seal.

((Would I get a higher chance to pick it up due to my Frenzy + my high muscle?))
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2016, 02:18:23 pm »

Not your Frenzy, but since you're a muscle class, you get a +1 to pure strength stuff so...yeah, wielding it wouldn't be much of a problem for you. Your frenzy is only a pure attack bonus, but your class lets you do cool stuff like pick up huge sticks or pushing buses off of cliffs. Yknow, the usual.

In fact, if you manage to pick it up, since you're a muscle class, I'll let you just wield it normally. But I may have to count it as a three-handed club, which is irrelevant now but may have some value later.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2016, 02:25:16 pm »

Time to go check on the others. Offer assistance if buses need to be shoved off of cliffs. Protect new turtle buddy.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 09:34:00 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2016, 03:22:22 pm »

"Whether you're a mother or whether you're a brother, you're staying alive!"

Steal the radio! In fact, steal everything from within the bus. Such as the fuel injection system! Those go for good money on the market.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2016, 09:24:52 pm »

Oh hey, just thought I'd mention:

Stats are BS. If you're a Muscle class you're good at lifting shit. If you're a Mysticality you're good at...learning shit? Estimating shit? I dunno. If you're a Moxie class, you're good at like, charisma and stealthy stuff.

Your respective boosting skills basically give you +1 to attacks.

I was gonna let y'all figure that out on your own, buuuuuuut I felt I might as well spill the beans, so as not to cause any more misconceptions about your abilities.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2016, 12:49:15 am »

"..."

Wordlessly cave in the driver's head with a series of melee blows from my accordion.

Nobody shoots at my accordion collection and lives, dammit.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2016, 11:34:49 am »

Hm. I'm considering adding in Cauca Noodledoo in after this fight. I could probably handle 7 people. Plus, we'd have a full team. Plus an extra Turtle Tamer.

Also, do you guys prefer the abbreviated rolls, or would it be better if I just showed them straight up within the turns. Instead of ... it would be (6 vs. 1).

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2016, 12:17:02 pm »

((I have no roll preference, apart from square brackets if any brackets. It should really be your choice, of whether you want to break the flow of text or not and how much you want to signal it is a game as opposed to a narrative))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7