Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88799 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((All Etoile wants right now is to catch some shuteye. I don't think we've had any for nearly two days. I'm not quite certain where he went to sleep though? Was it at his place in the city or at the inn. Regardless, he goes there.))

Etoile goes home to catch up on some much needed sleep. He allows himself to be clunkier with his armor as he makes his way there.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You got a chance to sleep after the festival, then immediately had another long day right after. I think you crashed at the inn with the rest of the party that time.))

Etoile and Zeratuu
Etoile heads head home, tired mind focused only on his warm, soft bed. Tired as he is, he doesn't hear the soft patter of kobold feet, or the soft slither of a tail dragging along the ground. Letting himself into his house, Etoile makes a beeline for his bedroom, stopping long enough to divest himself of his armor and gear, making a mental promise to himself that he'll take care of it properly in the morning.

Unnoticed, Zeratuu finds a comfortable spot on the floor and curls up under her cloak, years of living in a cage making her wildly indifferent to niceties such as mattresses, pillows or blankets.

Aloisturm
Das raises his head and slurs at the robot. "I saaaaid to come after work, ya damned clockwork. Reeasononable people come around in the evening, not the dead- dead of night they don't." His face crumples a bit as he says dead, and he swallows hard.

((*roll*Perception 1d20 - 1 : 13))

Aloisturm detects an auditory event unrelated to where it is standing. It sounds like a child weeping, a child giggling, a child singing a nursery rhyme. The same child, doing all these things at once. It can't tell where it comes from. As Das stares around wildly, it also surmises that it is not alone in hearing this event.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Steven heads back to the inn, pays what he has to for his room for the night, and finishes his cigarette while making 10 more before being tired seeps in and he passes out on the table he's working on
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((No need to pay, as a hero you have free lodging for at least a week. That said, your bed would have been far more comfortable then passing out across a table. :P))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((No need to pay, as a hero you have free lodging for at least a week. That said, your bed would have been far more comfortable then passing out across a table. :P))
((You'd be tired too after running for your life, climbing a wall, being a bit buzzed, and working on making cigarettes for however long that takes (and it does take some time if I recall)))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((hand-rolled? It takes about a minute or two to make ten. I have several friends and family that smoke them that way.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

"We were delayed by undead and goblins. Cease complaining." The construct pauses, listening to the eerie noises. "Shouldn't your offspring be asleep by this time?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Das whirls back to Aloisturm, blood rushing to his face as he snarls "My son is asleep... he's been dead these past five years!" He rubs his face roughly, looking oddly relieved. "But... you can hear it too. I thought the drink was finally driving me mad, I did. Let me tell you a story... a short one, as you have as little patience as I.

Five years ago, there was a murdering bastard named Jervas Stoot. He was a wood carver, people liked his work well enough, they did. Seemed a nice fellow, but during the late unpleasantness... he went mad. We called him the Chopper, because he turned his victims into chopped offal." Das wrings his hands, eyes tearing. "One... one of those he killed was my wife... my beautiful Madellin. She was walking home with our son, Simon. We found my wife well enough.. most of her... but not my son. I begged and pleaded for help, I searched high and low, but never found him."

"During that time, Old Sheriff Avertin found Stoot, carving up Tellerson. They fought, and Avertin lost, but not without stabbing that bastard Stoot good and proper. Hemlock and the guards, they followed the trail of blood back to Stoot's house, over on the island in the bay. They found his body in front of some depraved alter under his house where he'd carved out his own tongue and eyes to go with those of all those he killed. They collapsed the cellar and burned the house, burned his corpse and blessed and scattered his ashes to keep him from returning and called it enough.

But no one ever found my boy. So that's what I'm asking you, clockwork. You and that lot with you seem handy enough. I want you to look in Stoot's house and the tunnels under it. Find Simon or something of his, that I can bury him proper or remember him by."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((hand-rolled? It takes about a minute or two to make ten. I have several friends and family that smoke them that way.))
((Then the guys in rehab who did that clearly suck at doing so... Still, some comedic effect for you))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The construct didn't know how to respond to this awkward situation. It listened to the smith's tale impassively, trying to decide what to say. By the time the man finished his tale, Aloisturm had decided on a course of action.

"You said that the house and cellar were demolished. Are you certain that any tunnels remain to explore?"

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Das shook his head "I talked to one of the guards who went with Hemlock. They first tried to collapse the lower tunnels, but those weren't Stoot's work. Old tunnels, he said, and well built. They collapsed the passage Stoot had carved, but no one was interested in sticking around to do a proper job. You should be able to get through, even if it takes some digging."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I will need to borrow digging tools, in that case.

One other question: from your description this "Chopper" had many victims. Assuming we find these tunnels and there are bodies within, how will we recognize your offspring or his possessions?"

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The smith shakes his head, jowls wobbling as he does so. "My son... was the only one he ever took. He was a boy of nine summers... and he had a doll with him, a red dog." He glances at the dogs lying by the fire. "I had made it for him just the day before. I can provide tools, but I suggest you bring your friends, nothing wrong with a few extra pairs of hands."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Save>doll of red dog

"Very well. I will speak to my companions in the morning and attempt to gain their support. Any that agree to assist will return with me tomorrow before noon to pick up the tools. Is this agreeable?" The construct had a sudden thought. "Do you know who has a boat we can use?"

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Das nods. "I'll talk to Sebastian Sterglus. He's a cook at the fish market, but he knows his way around a rowboat and a pair of oars and he owes me some money still for some cookware I made for him."

((I was going to award people experience in the morning, but I figure being able to prepare new spells overnight will be nice for the casters. :P Everyone has earned 400 XP For the story to this point and their actions. For those not keeping track, these should push you over into Level 2, so make sure to update your character sheets.

Zeratuu Level Up: +8 HP, +10 skill points, Evasion, Rogue Talent: Trap Spotter

I have to say, I'm glad I came across Trap Spotter. It neatly solves the issue for when Zeratuu should roll to find traps, given that as DM, I sort of know when and where they should be.))
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 06:51:04 am by Hanzoku »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 77