Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88784 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((This construct would probably paste Karl))
((Can he stand up to Symon though and his flail of mushing?))

((Comparing Pathfinder and D&D 4e at low levels is a bit weird because of how differently 4e handled earlier character creation. Karl started with 29 HP and AC 22 because plate armor is dirt cheap in 4e. Aloisturm has a roughly 25% chance to hit Karl, while Karl had a 40% to hit him back. Aloisturm will hit Karl for 12-24 HP of damage, but he can second wind once and Lay on Hands 3 times in the fight, so Aloisturm would have to chop through about 60 HP before he'd drop Karl, while Karl would hit for 4-11 damage per hit on a basic strike, and at first level, Aloisturm only has 10 HP to rely on. And that's before Karl starts activating all sorts of bonus HPs from his attacks. Aloisturm can always get lucky on a crit, but the same is true in reverse.

I think for comparing, it starts becoming reasonable around ~level 7 for martials, where Aloisturm would start getting 2 hits a round against the daily and encounter powers, as well as having ~70 HP versus Karl having 70, if I extrapolate his next level up.

Symon was just nuts, but the 4e HP system allowed for low level melee glass cannons like him. Trying that in Pathfinder would get you on the ground more often then not if fighting more then one enemy at a time.

Though I am tempted to see if I can build Symon as an unchained monk with high strength, dragon style and a two-handed flail now...))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We're done here. Let's move before they arrive. I'll take the rear."

Try and cover our tracks as we go

((Excellent. I have a max load of 300 in this form, and all Aloisturm has inventory-wise is its weapons, its rope, and assorted pouches for carrying things. I doubt all of those together add up to 150.))

First, Aloisturm takes a moment to concentrate, gathering its psionic energy in its legs for better performance. Aloisturm takes the Speed customization twice (+10 base Speed total).

After that, the construct hoists the packaged goblins into the air and is ready to move out.

The goblins howl and snarl as they're tied up like a bundle of firewood and hoisted onto Aloisturm's back. The one who tries to bite him in revenge comes away with sore teeth, and Aloisturm does not even notice the ineffective attempt. Zeratuu grabs a stick off the ground as the party begins moving and starts whacking the goblins every time they make a noise louder then a grunt or a whimper, scowling at them viciously. With Steven trailing the group and working to hide their trail, the group is moving slower then they did before.

((*enemy rolls Survival vs DC 16 : 15, 10, 19))

Most of the sounds of goblins thrashing through the woods fade away in other directions. Behind them, a large drum is booming, a steady heartbeat of sound. Wary and on guard, the group hears the grunting and cursing of goblins behind them - at least some goblins have caught their trail, though they've not thought to summon the others yet.

What does the group do?

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((I recommend dropping caltrops (I have two) and legging it.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((Sounds like a good idea to me. Drop the caltrops, quit trying to hide the trail, and just start running. I think we can all move at the same speed right now, at least in the short term.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I recommend dropping caltrops (I have two) and legging it.))

((Do you want to use both bags of caltrops, or just one?

It also brings to question 'why does Etoile, gentle Etoile carry around bags of caltrops?' :P))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

((He was studying them in the Library to determine why a historic battle was concluded so suddenly with two bags of caltrops? :P))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Or what we don't know is that they also come with bouncy balls, so he could play jacks?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Why of course they have a purpose! They are for, err, uh, cutting infected parts of wounds as scalpels! Sadly they only have a rather short lifespan and have to be replaced after use per wound due to hygienic purposes, you understand. I swear that's the reason he has them!

So do we have an agreement on dropping the caltrops?))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

((I don't see a reason not to))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Weary of today's adventures and feeling dread creeping up his back as the goblins seem to have caught up on their trail, Etoile loses his calm and through ragged breathing drops two bags of caltrops on the path spread out as his step quickens towards the city, making arm gestures at his companions to hurry the hell up.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Steven speaks in a hushed but stern tone

"If they catch up after that, I'll pull them away. The magician will help if things go wrong with that."

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Weary of today's adventures and feeling dread creeping up his back as the goblins seem to have caught up on their trail, Etoile loses his calm and through ragged breathing drops two bags of caltrops on the path spread out as his step quickens towards the city, making arm gestures at his companions to hurry the hell up.

After dropping scattering the caltrops, Etoile takes the lead, guiding Aloisturm and Kal, while Zeratuu stays a little back to help guide Steven, the two of them using their ability to see with less or no light at all to the party's advantage.

((*roll* Caltrops #1 - 1d20 vs AC 13 : 2 hits
*roll* Caltrops #2 - 1d20 vs AC 13 : 2 hits))

The pursuing goblins key onto the obvious trail, and in the darkness, fail to notice the caltrops in time. Screeches are heard as they stumble through both patches, and the goblins turn back, not willing to chase whoever raided their camps with only two of them not crippled. They hurry back home, leaving their companions to limp, curse and snivel behind them.

With their pursuit foiled, the party is able to return to the road and make good time back to town. Despite the late hour, their travel is remarkable peaceful as the normal sounds of nature at night surrounds them once again. The goblins on Aloisturm's back have subsided into sulky silence, tired of being bashed with a stick when they made noise.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm drops its bundle of goblins, not particularly gently.

"You are owed two sets of caltrops, odd one."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing to see here
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 07:27:12 am by highmax28 »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-sniiiiiiip-
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 09:34:38 pm by Sirus »

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 77